Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 100818

Saying crap isn't swearing though, that's why it's allowed. It may mean the same thing but it's not swearing, it's like poop :v the rule is no "swearing".
That's why I'm here, let's forget about what society thinks about swearing and just do it our way. I mean, we've got enough braincells to think this through. Bullshit means nonsense, or shit from a bull. It's as simple as that. If you're not able to tell the difference between those when it's used in a sentence you shouldn't be replying to this topic, not that you don't know the difference, you're a smart boy, I know it. So why not make "bullshit" allowed to use as it means the same as nonsense, unless used in another context. Feel free to warn whoever you want when they say "you smell like bullshit" but we both know which context I'm talking about.

L

Lightning McQueen

That's why I'm here, let's forget about what society thinks about swearing and just do it our way. I mean, we've got enough braincells to think this through. Bullshit means nonsense, or shit from a bull. It's as simple as that. If you're not able to tell the difference between those when it's used in a sentence you shouldn't be replying to this topic, not that you don't know the difference, you're a smart boy, I know it. So why not make "bullshit" allowed to use as it means the same as nonsense, unless used in another context. Feel free to warn whoever you want when they say "you smell like bullshit" but we both know which context I'm talking about.
i dont want to see words like bullshit though. Just say nonsense thx

Reactions: Shamel

Commissioned

Forum Expert
Apr 9, 2016
argleton
i'm sorry but cubecraft isn't exactly coronation street
they aren't existent purely to "push boundaries" and "make things less taboo".
if society thinks something is obnoxious, then cubecraft should follow, unless they want to risk becoming known as a (wholly) obnoxious server.

D

Deleted member 100818

i dont want to see words like bullshit though. Just say nonsense thx
If you think it's all about your opinion, you should code a forum yourself and stay there. Because this isn't about what you'd rather see, it's about what we'd rather see.
if society thinks something is obnoxious, then cubecraft should follow, unless they want to risk becoming known as a (wholly) obnoxious server.
They're already known as an obnoxious server, FFA says it all. Not really anything to lose then?

Reactions: Lilleh__

Commissioned

Forum Expert
Apr 9, 2016
argleton
Reactions: Lightning McQueen

Jaistrix

Forum Expert
Oct 20, 2015
England
twitter.com
Trying to make a society forget about what words mean is extremely hard. Even though it is just a word, swear words still will always have a harsher and more powerful meaning behind them. I mean after all, that's what those words were made for :P to use when you have no other words that can describe a situation.

Taking into consideration that I wouldn't say we are the biggest community or society, any new coming players or members won't understand that change and still have a big chance of getting offended by those words.

D

Deleted member 100818

nice, just deny him an opinion because you think you're right.
He didn't give any opinion, he just said he doesn't want to see the word "bullshit", that's rather a statement than an opinion.

Taking into consideration that I wouldn't say we are the biggest community or society, any new coming players or members won't understand that change and still have a big chance of getting offended by those words.
Who would get offended for saying: "This is bullshit"? This generation is already kind of screwed up when it comes down to language and good behavior.

L

Lightning McQueen

If you think it's all about your opinion, you should code a forum yourself and stay there. Because this isn't about what you'd rather see, it's about what we'd rather see.
lol
He didn't give any opinion, he just said he doesn't want to see the word "bullshit", that's rather a statement than an opinion.

You dont know what an opinion is.

D

Deleted member 100818

lol

You dont know what an opinion is.
No, you're right, you were giving an opinion. But it was not useful nor helpful to this conversation. If you don't want to see the word "bullshit" you should get away from society and live in a cave or something.

some religions are very strict on bad language.
And those belive that the internet is evil and don't let their child play on it. Okay, not all of them, but do you real;ly think parents are controlling their child that bad? Like they've installed team viewer to see what they're writing on the forums..

Jaistrix

Forum Expert
Oct 20, 2015
England
twitter.com

Who would get offended for saying: "This is bullshit"? This generation is already kind of screwed up when it comes down to language and good behavior.
I mean at the end of the day it is still technically a swear word and like I said, the reason for that word being made is to make what you are saying seem a lot harsher or angrier. I mean when you compare that sentence to "this is silly" or "this is nonsense" there definitely is a difference.

Also, why should we be influencing next generations to be screwed up or to become more screwed up in terms of behaviour and language? If anything that is something we shouldn't be doing.

Commissioned

Forum Expert
Apr 9, 2016
argleton
away from society and live in a cave or something.
thats awfully dismissive.
And those belive that the internet is evil and don't let their child play on it. Okay, not all of them, but do you real;ly think parents are controlling their child that bad? Like they've installed team viewer to see what they're writing on the forums..
some people might? it's up to the parents what their child does.

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
“People like you ruins the server” says the hacker. Like honestly you trash talk people for being bad at pvp then you hack on your alts.
You have a "derp face" minecraft skin. Utterly embarrassing, nothing more is to be said.

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
Ohai,

So I just noticed I'm warned for the following reason:
d71b0f7a8e64cd128520fcfc8d52c0e9.png

So for the newcomers to the CubeCraft forum,welcome, you're getting official warnings for using the word "bullshit", something I didn't know either.

I normally don't really make a big deal out of these things, they just happen and I will at least try to not do it again, but today I will. I got warned for (the title says it all) the word "bullshit", which doesn't offend anyone, isn't a desease and basically not punish worthy in my opinion. I mean, I get why the word "shit" isn't allowed, it could be used to offend someone, that's what it's all about. "You're shit" etc. But "Bullshit"? C'mon.. Have you even seen anyone saying: "You're a bullshit person", that just never happens and never will. (Maybe after this post, dang it sarcasm spread over the community).

So make the word "bullshit" not punishable anymore, that's all I'm asking, no codes needed, no new gamemodes, just this. I haven't found the effort to go online and type "bullshit" in the chat, but I suppose it's not allowed as well, so I'd say make it allowed there too, if this gets implemented somehow. If it however is allowed on the server itself (which I don't suppose but I'm not in the mood to check) it really is.. not implemented yet, so I won't use the word but we all know what I meant there.

"But if shit isn't allowed for a good reason as you said then why should a word which contains "shit" in it be allowed?" Simple, we define "bullshit" as "nonsense" and not as poop from a bull, and if you cannot tell the difference between those when it's being used in a sentence you should do 4th grade over again, seriously.

And no I'm not making this suggestion to make fun of staff if that's what people think, this is a serious suggestion, just so you know.
I do agree it seems like a lot of bullcrap
that certain words are not harmful to people are not allowed. I am one not to swear much (unless I have a reason to like getting attention from someone because tehy keep ignoring me) but I do see how saying that stuff and getting warned must be annoying. I think it might be the way the word looks, and not the definition or synonym, which still, is dumb.

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
Nothing really wrong with having a derp skin, better than hacking on like 3 alts lmao
^This is a prime example of why the forums should be age restricted, probably making a 13 year old+ age requirement should do the trick. Can't be having 10 year old derp fanboys like this little boy roaming around adding nothing to magnificent suggestions such as the one this thread-maker has just come up with. Anyway, I digress, that will be a suggestion for another time.
As for this thread, I fully support this, words such as the ones you have mentioned should certainly be allowed, especially considering "bullcrap" and "crap" are allowed to be said.

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
When we define what's swearing and what is not we do not always look at the meaning, swear words more recently in history have changed their meaning darastically. S*** in todays world literally means anything, it's still swearing and we all agree nonetheless, because it's original meaning is a swear and it's intention is mostly negative. If the word is used 30% as a swear word (which is definitely way lower) and 70% as a placeholder for 'stuff' then we still absolutely cannot allow it because of that 30% plus what it was originally supposed to mean.

We don't disallow targeted swear words, we disallow the actual act of swearing. It doesn't matter whether you were telling someone "you are b*******" because you still swore regardless, that word cannot be perceived in many ways and if it does truly have another meaning then- why not just say the actual meaning? why do you have to swear? I gave you the warning because it's quite clearly swearing and everyone knows that, nowhere in the rules does it say that we only mute for targeted swearing, it says swearing as a whole.

Take from this what you will but this suggestion will not get added, people can stop swearing, they don't have to. I love to swear personally and I do it a lot, but I can stop almost instantly on the spot. We shouldn't sacrifice parental trust just because some older people on our server want to swear, because you can stop. You may make the argument that young kids are the ones doing the swearing but remember that there are a large percentage of kids that are not allowed to and will not, some have stricter parents than others.

We want our goods/services to be accessible to everyone, if it means forcing you to just not use certain words and your gameplay experience is not ruined in the process then what's the harm in that?

Bullshit means nonsense, or shit from a bull. It's as simple as that. If you're not able to tell the difference between those when it's used in a sentence you shouldn't be replying to this topic, not that you don't know the difference, you're a smart boy, I know it. So why not make "bullshit" allowed to use as it means the same as nonsense, unless used in another context. .
Why can't you just use the word nonsense then?

Shamel

Forum Expert
Dec 24, 2016
yes
^This is a prime example of why the forums should be age restricted, probably making a 13 year old+ age requirement should do the trick. Can't be having 10 year old derp fanboys like this little boy roaming around adding nothing to magnificent suggestions such as the one this thread-maker has just come up with.
This server (and game) are made for kids btw so if your “old”, hate kids and like to swear then uninstall the game and find something else that isn’t made for kids. That should solve all your problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Who Invented Jumpbridging/Mj Bridging?

I need help uncovering the history of Bedrocks Most popular Method
If you know any old time players that might know something contact me on my discord
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
My discord is : aviussabes​

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Res734's profile.
Happy Birthday have an awesome day today! ^-^
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on BladeBreakerMC's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Reesle wrote on Res734's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
Reesle wrote on BladeBreakerMC's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂
Top Bottom