Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
“Bulls***”, to me, is still somewhat offensive - calling someone’s actions, someone’s opinion, someone’s judgement as “bulls***” is used in a derogatory demeanour. It’s rude, and condescending to the point that it would be considered as swearing.

For example, if you have an opinion on the server, and I said that your opinion was “bulls***” with no other explanation, then obviously you would get annoyed by it and it will cause an argument. This is mainly because of the use of the adjective “bulls***”, where I could use something more polite, constructive, or literally anything else.

As you said yourself, you could substitute that word for “nonsense”, or any of these words and it would have avoided the punishment.

D

Deleted member 100818

Why can't you just use the word nonsense then?
"Bullshit" seemed a lot more convincing to me at that point.

Take from this what you will but this suggestion will not get added,
Well I personally don't mind, at least I made my point clear enough.

and it would have avoided the punishment.
I don't really care about the punishment itself, just the reason why. Commenting on any other comments is useless as StorySays said it's not gonna get implemented anyways.

So lock it or not, I don't care. I didn't just ask you to but I don't mind. If anyone else would like to react then fine, Imma take a nap.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
L
People who are not getting warned for using something that means nonsense
It means bull manure
People just attribute nonsense to that

Also with that same logic saying an offensive slur that end shooting with an o and is directed toward a black minority group is fine since it used to be a socially acceptable term

If you cannot tell the difference between "bullshit" used in a sentence as crap from a bull then you should do 4th grade over again, really.
You are arguing that a compound word changes words
Moonlight means light from the moon
Still the same base word meanings

Crap is more socially accepted to say if children are around than shorts

Oh also what can you say against this point
83335AFC-F363-4A8A-9B95-110AD031B238.jpeg

D

Deleted member 100818

It means bull manure
Depends on the context

Moonlight means light from the moon
I got enough braincells to think of that as well, the point is, it depends on the context. There's no other context to moonlight. It's a word to describe the light that's coming from the moon.

Oh also what can you say against this point
View attachment 145281
Minecraft: Look they're saying bullshit! Ain't gonna be parthners with those people..

Lilleh__

Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2017
I'm not saying he's not 16 but lying about your age ain't that hard these days. And let's be honest, we all know what he meant..
True, but his maturity seems to be a level rarely seen in kids.

Foxy011

Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2017
United Kingdom
Ohai,

So I just noticed I'm warned for the following reason:
d71b0f7a8e64cd128520fcfc8d52c0e9.png

So for the newcomers to the CubeCraft forum,welcome, you're getting official warnings for using the word "bullshit", something I didn't know either.

I normally don't really make a big deal out of these things, they just happen and I will at least try to not do it again, but today I will. I got warned for (the title says it all) the word "bullshit", which doesn't offend anyone, isn't a desease and basically not punish worthy in my opinion. I mean, I get why the word "shit" isn't allowed, it could be used to offend someone, that's what it's all about. "You're shit" etc. But "Bullshit"? C'mon.. Have you even seen anyone saying: "You're a bullshit person", that just never happens and never will. (Maybe after this post, dang it sarcasm spread over the community).

So make the word "bullshit" not punishable anymore, that's all I'm asking, no codes needed, no new gamemodes, just this. I haven't found the effort to go online and type "bullshit" in the chat, but I suppose it's not allowed as well, so I'd say make it allowed there too, if this gets implemented somehow. If it however is allowed on the server itself (which I don't suppose but I'm not in the mood to check) it really is.. not implemented yet, so I won't use the word but we all know what I meant there.

"But if shit isn't allowed for a good reason as you said then why should a word which contains "shit" in it be allowed?" Simple, we define "bullshit" as "nonsense" and not as poop from a bull, and if you cannot tell the difference between those when it's being used in a sentence you should do 4th grade over again, seriously.

And no I'm not making this suggestion to make fun of staff if that's what people think, this is a serious suggestion, just so you know.
Well the word 'ez' isn't allowed, so why would 'bullshit' be allowed. ;P

D

Deleted member 100818

"you're a pile of bullshit"
Whether or not you found that offensive, was still meant in an offensive way (hypothetically, of course)
As I said, I meant it in a different context. I don't care if someone will be muted for that I just mean it in the context of nonsense

Reactions: Lilleh__
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

This sure didn’t age well, XD
Xi1m wrote on EGG_BOCZOIN's profile.
are you speedrunning compliments for every staff member
EGG_BOCZOIN wrote on AnolTongi's profile.
Pro Moderator :D
EGG_BOCZOIN wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
Pro Moderator :D
EGG_BOCZOIN wrote on camulos's profile.
Pro Desginer :D
Top Bottom