Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Would you like to have a watchdog feature in cubecraft?

• Total voters

pinialt

Aug 15, 2016
Hi,
so my name is Pini, I have been playing in this server for 4 years.
Hacker's have always been a problem of this server, and the staff doesn't seem to care much about it.
Displaying a message showing that an admin is always watching does not scare anyone as we already know that you won't do anything about it.
I have seen a few admins in the server, even in games - and the players didn't hack when the admins were inside, and instantly started hacking when they quit the game/server.
I really think you should add a watchdog feature as Hypixel have (PS... if you need one I'm here).
Actually this will help to deal with team killers, trollers, cross teammates and etc. as well.

For now I think I'll stop playing here. The game experience is not the same as it was...
If you have read all the info above and reached here - I would like to take a moment to thank you.
Thank you very much for listening,
Pini
ThatBoiiii

Reactions: Luzario

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Hacker's have always been a problem of this server, and the staff doesn't seem to care much about it.
This is just not true, CrazyManJR is busy all day to develop sentinel. (our current anticheat)

I really think you should add a watchdog feature as Hypixel have (PS... if you need one I'm here).

ThatBoiiii
But why? Our current anticheat system works well!
Does this mean you want to implement the /report command again?
If so, a huge no from me, because the staff members will be overloaded with false reports, and it's just too much work.

For now I think I'll stop playing here. The game experience is not the same as it was...

ThatBoiiii
Which version do you play? 1.8 or 1.9-1.12?

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
Hi,
Displaying a message showing that an admin is always watching does not scare anyone as we already know that you won't do anything about it.
I have seen a few admins in the server, even in games - and the players didn't hack when the admins were inside, and instantly started hacking when they quit the game/server.
Actually this will help to deal with team killers, trollers, cross teammates and etc. as well.

If you have read all the info above and reached here - I would like to take a moment to thank you.
Pini
ThatBoiiii
We have an AntiCheat called Sentinel, he takes cares of hackers

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
Hi,

Pini
ThatBoiiii
It says sentinel is watching, not an admin is watching, sentinel is an anticheat. CubeCraft has an anticheat known as sentinel, and yes, they also have an aurabot, it is invisible, I used aimbot on an alt once. On hypixel, watchdog isn't actually an admin flying around a player, it's a bot. 1.12 sentinel I find is actually better than hypixel's watchdog, scaffolding and flying both work on hypixel but from my experience they don't work on cube.

Shrek Trained Me

Apr 16, 2017
North Korea
Hi,

Pini
ThatBoiiii
Wait a second??? Ever heard about Sentinel?

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
So watchdog only works if someone reports a player, meaning that a cheater would be able to get away with cheating until someone reports him. This means you are likely to die to the cheater due to the fact watchdog is not watching him until you report. Sentinel, our anti cheat, is constantly watching every player. So during your fight, with no work on your part, the cheater can be banned. Better system, right? A report system like hypixel has would be completely pointless for sentinel as you don’t need to tell our anti cheat when to do its job :p

For your post about us not caring, that is completely false. We are constantly doing reports and punishing rule breakers. With a server this large, it is impossible for us to be in every game, which is why it will be rare to see a staff member and get one in game. For a way to report other rule breakers (ones not using a client) ingame, I’m afraid that also won’t be a good idea. False reports would be astronomical and we would end up punishing more people who abuse the command than those who are actually ruining the game. Not something we really want to do. Along with this, it is also extremely inefficient. When doing reports, we can punish several users within a minute due to the evidence being only the parts we need to see. If we had to spectate each person, it could take upwards of 5 minutes per person, some of which might not even be breaking rules, which mean the entire time was wasted. It is much better to record/screenshot rulebreakers and report them.
:)

Aethiria

Novice Member
Jan 9, 2018
Your Imagination
@TheBrownster904 is completely right. With Watchdog you have to report players using a command, telling Watchdog to do its job. With Sentinal, it's automatic. As far as I know, Sentinel get's worked on every single day. To be honest, I can't say anything that hasn't already been stated in this thread.... I feel like this should be locked.

Slimeyz

Dedicated Member
Oct 1, 2016
Belgium
Hi,

Pini
ThatBoiiii
There are more then 10K players online everyday staff can't spectate them all. +Sentinel is a good anti cheat to don't worry about hackers

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
Hi,

Pini
ThatBoiiii
The staff are doing the best to their ability. If more staff are needed, then they will probably open applications again, and arguing about it wont fix it. Staff members have lifes like we all do and just because you dont see them everyday in every lobby doesnt mean they dont care.

TheBoom989

Oct 11, 2017
Hi,

Pini
ThatBoiiii

1: As said many times above by many different people, sentinel exists.
2: I have only seen a few hackers on cube in the 1-2 years I have been playing. If someone beats you, even if it seems like by a lot, they are probably not hacking. Actual hackers are not that hard to spot, but there are very few, as sentinel does its job very well.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

MrTommy wrote on Eli's profile.
So ypy finally admitting im good at something :D
Screenshot_20240425_224822_Samsung Internet.jpg
Reesle wrote on The NightGhost02's profile.
Happy Birthday!! 🥳
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Thjis wrote on CubeCraft's profile.
Happy Bday Cube Bedrock!
ToonBer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd eitje!
Top Bottom