Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
"These lobbies are so boring, ughhhhhh!"
The root of the problem doesn't lie in the builds themselves, but that there aren't enough people playing each game to ensure that you never spend too long in them. There's only so many times you can do the parkour to no benefit of your character, before you begin to ask "why even bother doing it anymore?" Nobody cares that you beat the parkour, or that you were the first to do so, they all just want the game to start already.

So what is to be done to relieve the plague that is frequent boredom in a game that's supposed to be fun? I propose adding a small minigame that people can play in any one of the pre-game lobbies. The first thing that comes to my mind is 'Cookie Clicker', a public plugin that sees the player clicking on a cookie in their inventory (go figure) to score points. You can find the link to said plugin here.

This will give players something to do whilst they wait for other people to join the lobby. The cookie, and therefore the minigame, will only be available in pre-game lobbies. Remember, the objective is to give people something to do in pre-game lobbies! We don't want people grinding it out in the hub all day, resulting in them being too bored to play it when they have nothing else to do.

But at the end of the day, you're still just clicking on a cookie... so what's the point? Well... add achievements to it. For instance, a thousand clicks could warrant you a hundred experience points, or five-thousand clicks could grant you a handful of points. Every 2,500 or so clicks could also give the player a cubelet, giving everybody a consistent yet slow way of getting what seems to have become a rarity in recent times. What this does, is it gives the sense that you're still working towards something, when in reality, you're still just waiting for the real game to start.

Players caught auto-clicking by Sentinel will have their Cookie Clicker stats reset. Sentinel may also need to be changed in some way to be made more lenient towards faster clicks per second in pre-game lobbies. This shouldn't be too difficult, just find out how fast a human being can possibly click, and adjust Sentinel accordingly. Honestly though, it isn't hurting anybody else, so who cares?

There's also a leaderboard for it, though I reckon this should either be removed, or hidden to all but staff. Its removal will discourage auto-clicking, and help staff to see who might be cheating in the game. But again, it doesn't hurt anybody, so who cares? If cheating does become a problem, then simply remove the incentive of rewards from the game. It's not supposed to be competitive; it's supposed to be a distraction.

If there are issues with using public plugins, then fortunately this is apparently one of the easiest things to develop. I saw somebody on YouTube developing it in only a couple of minutes.

Bonus idea:

Add a little bonus to completing the parkour. For example, give us a guaranteed 10 experience, with say, a 1/8 chance of getting a handful of points, or a 1/24 chance of getting a cubelet. Would probably be more effort to do than the Cookie Clicker idea and not quite as satisfying (I would personally still not bother doing the parkour), though doesn't involve recreating nor using a public plugin.

Sowwy for unorganised thready :x

: )

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
Wow Snap that's a great suggestion, thank you for taking your time to write this! Now stop wasting time on Minecraft and get back to work >:v

Btw I didn't make up the quote at the top, they're my friend 9AY's words from when we were playing Skywars earlier on.

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
Instead we should be able to slaughter villagers in pre game lobbies

One kill = one point
@hub3rt @Efcluke94 What do ya'll think of this idea? It'd be a really great way to offer players something to do whilst they wait, and would also encourage them to explore the lobbies to find the villagers. Perhaps a specific currency could be dropped by the villagers, which could be used to buy experience, points, cubelets, and cosmetics. We need more things like this on the server.

Reactions: Fristey

FidusAchates

Jul 10, 2017
Stores near you
I love the idea Snap :) I'm always bored when I join a game and there are like two or three people other than me and I have to wait. Parkour is fun but like you said you can only do it a certain amount of times until you go crazy.

D

Deleted member 100818

I agree that lobbies are too boring, I also made a thread about new gadgets but this is the main idea of more fun. People should get points in lobbies too and lobbies shouldn't be boring or seen as a waiting room. So I agree with this one. +1

IDontForGive_

Jul 22, 2017
"These lobbies are so boring, ughhhhhh!"
The root of the problem doesn't lie in the builds themselves, but that there aren't enough people playing each game to ensure that you never spend too long in them. There's only so many times you can do the parkour to no benefit of your character, before you begin to ask "why even bother doing it anymore?" Nobody cares that you beat the parkour, or that you were the first to do so, they all just want the game to start already.

So what is to be done to relieve the plague that is frequent boredom in a game that's supposed to be fun? I propose adding a small minigame that people can play in any one of the pre-game lobbies. The first thing that comes to my mind is 'Cookie Clicker', a public plugin that sees the player clicking on a cookie in their inventory (go figure) to score points. You can find the link to said plugin here.

This will give players something to do whilst they wait for other people to join the lobby. The cookie, and therefore the minigame, will only be available in pre-game lobbies. Remember, the objective is to give people something to do in pre-game lobbies! We don't want people grinding it out in the hub all day, resulting in them being too bored to play it when they have nothing else to do.

But at the end of the day, you're still just clicking on a cookie... so what's the point? Well... add achievements to it. For instance, a thousand clicks could warrant you a hundred experience points, or five-thousand clicks could grant you a handful of points. Every 2,500 or so clicks could also give the player a cubelet, giving everybody a consistent yet slow way of getting what seems to have become a rarity in recent times. What this does, is it gives the sense that you're still working towards something, when in reality, you're still just waiting for the real game to start.

Players caught auto-clicking by Sentinel will have their Cookie Clicker stats reset. Sentinel may also need to be changed in some way to be made more lenient towards faster clicks per second in pre-game lobbies. This shouldn't be too difficult, just find out how fast a human being can possibly click, and adjust Sentinel accordingly. Honestly though, it isn't hurting anybody else, so who cares?

There's also a leaderboard for it, though I reckon this should either be removed, or hidden to all but staff. Its removal will discourage auto-clicking, and help staff to see who might be cheating in the game. But again, it doesn't hurt anybody, so who cares? If cheating does become a problem, then simply remove the incentive of rewards from the game. It's not supposed to be competitive; it's supposed to be a distraction.

If there are issues with using public plugins, then fortunately this is apparently one of the easiest things to develop. I saw somebody on YouTube developing it in only a couple of minutes.

Bonus idea:

Add a little bonus to completing the parkour. For example, give us a guaranteed 10 experience, with say, a 1/8 chance of getting a handful of points, or a 1/24 chance of getting a cubelet. Would probably be more effort to do than the Cookie Clicker idea and not quite as satisfying (I would personally still not bother doing the parkour), though doesn't involve recreating nor using a public plugin.

Sowwy for unorganised thready :x

: )
you got a piont with that... ;p
it wil be funn if it wil be aded

Reactions: poep hoofd

Achillez

Novice Member
Jan 4, 2017
Netherlands // Albania
Yesyesyes, especially on dying games pre game lobbies are so boring! I fell in love with UHC after the update, but tue pregame lobbies never fill up! The boringness actually makes me want to stop playing the game...

Anyways, I'd suggest to have the same gadgets, game item shops, vanity shops, wardrobes and stuff in the pregame lobbies like we have in the normal lobbies.

XiiKa

Forum Expert
Dec 23, 2016
Somewhere only we know
I really like the idea. Although I'm not always bored in the pregame lobby, due to Discord and checking my phone etc. It would be nice to see a change in the pregame lobby, where you might can achieve points or smth else :)
And besides that, parkour is becoming a little too 'everyday'

Last edited:
Reactions: xLuiiJox

MClicious

Jun 13, 2016
CT
Great Idea
It is very boring in the lobby and this is why I leave some of the games or the server
When there are not as much people online waiting in the lobby can be very borring

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy bday 🎉
Basketman wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂
Frontlane wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday 🥳
dvodany wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy b-day! 🍰
WorriedSkate940 wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday!!!
Top Bottom