Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

LEO_KILLER_01

Nov 30, 2016
The Gym
"These lobbies are so boring, ughhhhhh!"
The root of the problem doesn't lie in the builds themselves, but that there aren't enough people playing each game to ensure that you never spend too long in them. There's only so many times you can do the parkour to no benefit of your character, before you begin to ask "why even bother doing it anymore?" Nobody cares that you beat the parkour, or that you were the first to do so, they all just want the game to start already.

So what is to be done to relieve the plague that is frequent boredom in a game that's supposed to be fun? I propose adding a small minigame that people can play in any one of the pre-game lobbies. The first thing that comes to my mind is 'Cookie Clicker', a public plugin that sees the player clicking on a cookie in their inventory (go figure) to score points. You can find the link to said plugin here.

This will give players something to do whilst they wait for other people to join the lobby. The cookie, and therefore the minigame, will only be available in pre-game lobbies. Remember, the objective is to give people something to do in pre-game lobbies! We don't want people grinding it out in the hub all day, resulting in them being too bored to play it when they have nothing else to do.

But at the end of the day, you're still just clicking on a cookie... so what's the point? Well... add achievements to it. For instance, a thousand clicks could warrant you a hundred experience points, or five-thousand clicks could grant you a handful of points. Every 2,500 or so clicks could also give the player a cubelet, giving everybody a consistent yet slow way of getting what seems to have become a rarity in recent times. What this does, is it gives the sense that you're still working towards something, when in reality, you're still just waiting for the real game to start.

Players caught auto-clicking by Sentinel will have their Cookie Clicker stats reset. Sentinel may also need to be changed in some way to be made more lenient towards faster clicks per second in pre-game lobbies. This shouldn't be too difficult, just find out how fast a human being can possibly click, and adjust Sentinel accordingly. Honestly though, it isn't hurting anybody else, so who cares?

There's also a leaderboard for it, though I reckon this should either be removed, or hidden to all but staff. Its removal will discourage auto-clicking, and help staff to see who might be cheating in the game. But again, it doesn't hurt anybody, so who cares? If cheating does become a problem, then simply remove the incentive of rewards from the game. It's not supposed to be competitive; it's supposed to be a distraction.

If there are issues with using public plugins, then fortunately this is apparently one of the easiest things to develop. I saw somebody on YouTube developing it in only a couple of minutes.

Bonus idea:

Add a little bonus to completing the parkour. For example, give us a guaranteed 10 experience, with say, a 1/8 chance of getting a handful of points, or a 1/24 chance of getting a cubelet. Would probably be more effort to do than the Cookie Clicker idea and not quite as satisfying (I would personally still not bother doing the parkour), though doesn't involve recreating nor using a public plugin.

Sowwy for unorganised thready :x

: )
Good Idea!

ChasingRainbows

Jun 16, 2016
Florida
I didn't think it was possible, but I think you found a way to make cubelets more useless.

And cookie clicker would get boring faster than the parkour, you just stand there and click.

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
I didn't think it was possible, but I think you found a way to make cubelets more useless.
How does this make them more useless in any way?

And cookie clicker would get boring faster than the parkour, you just stand there and click.
Earning points, experience, and cubelets by doing so. Beats standing around waiting, at least you're getting something, even if it is just watching numbers increase.

ElPtricko

Dedicated Member
Sep 12, 2016
Denmark
I quite like your suggestion, and the cookie clicker could be one of the minigames as it sounds like a fun timekiller while waiting.

RPoule

Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2016
Netherlands
Love the idea of adding minigames to the pre-lobbies.
First thing that comes to my mind is a little room in which players receive a bow and arrow to shoot on targets. Buttons, moving objects, whatever.

As stated in the "thready"? :D players just need something to do so tbh. Any form of dumb repetetive but addicting action will solve the problem. I'd already be satisfied with getting jumpboost and a weird tower for me to jump in and out.

Reactions: Sophie

Timmehhh

Dedicated Member
Mar 14, 2016
Yeah, Sounds cool to me! I'm almost always bored when i'm in the lobby :(
I hope this idea will make some changes, you will have my support!

N

Nikboo

I personally don't really think clicking on a cookie is considered as fun.
Sorry, just my opinion. :x

However, I do like the idea of pre-lobby games. A few games could be:

- Fish slap - Slap each other using knockback fish.
- Football - Join one of two teams, and have a mini-football match.
- Twerk battles - 1v1 who can crouch the most times in 15 seconds.
- Tic-Tac-Toe - 1v1 Tic-tac-toe
- Fists VS Zombies - Spawn in a cage with a zombie and practice your PvP strafes and hits on the zombie.

IDK - These are just suggestions. However, clicking on a cookie is just boring.

Also, I don't think these games should give massive rewards. Maybe the occasional achievement or the experience point.

A

A pigeon

Maybe villagers could drop their intertines or whatever which we could trade in with a 1/60 chance for getting a cubelet

HetIsMarc

Aug 14, 2017
It would be pretty cool if you could ride a mount in the pre-game hub like on mineplex. You can get these mounts in cubelets so people can show of how rare their mounts are. It is good against boredom to, for example, ride around on your sheep in the pre-game hub, or on your chicken, or on your squid. It is fun to look at too because you don't see someone riding around on his squid all day.

Pingu_

Dedicated Member
Feb 5, 2015
There is parkour to do but thats just about it, this will destroy my mouse due to me going too hard on the clicking but its something to do xD +1

MClicious

Jun 13, 2016
CT
The pre-lobby is very boring and the Parkour does not make it any less boring.
I agree with the idea of having Cookie Clicker, but not a leaderboard for it. I do not think that Cookie Clicker on Cubecraft should be on leaderboards
+1

RayzMC

Feb 3, 2017
Summer
"These lobbies are so boring, ughhhhhh!"
The root of the problem doesn't lie in the builds themselves, but that there aren't enough people playing each game to ensure that you never spend too long in them. There's only so many times you can do the parkour to no benefit of your character, before you begin to ask "why even bother doing it anymore?" Nobody cares that you beat the parkour, or that you were the first to do so, they all just want the game to start already.

So what is to be done to relieve the plague that is frequent boredom in a game that's supposed to be fun? I propose adding a small minigame that people can play in any one of the pre-game lobbies. The first thing that comes to my mind is 'Cookie Clicker', a public plugin that sees the player clicking on a cookie in their inventory (go figure) to score points. You can find the link to said plugin here.

This will give players something to do whilst they wait for other people to join the lobby. The cookie, and therefore the minigame, will only be available in pre-game lobbies. Remember, the objective is to give people something to do in pre-game lobbies! We don't want people grinding it out in the hub all day, resulting in them being too bored to play it when they have nothing else to do.

But at the end of the day, you're still just clicking on a cookie... so what's the point? Well... add achievements to it. For instance, a thousand clicks could warrant you a hundred experience points, or five-thousand clicks could grant you a handful of points. Every 2,500 or so clicks could also give the player a cubelet, giving everybody a consistent yet slow way of getting what seems to have become a rarity in recent times. What this does, is it gives the sense that you're still working towards something, when in reality, you're still just waiting for the real game to start.

Players caught auto-clicking by Sentinel will have their Cookie Clicker stats reset. Sentinel may also need to be changed in some way to be made more lenient towards faster clicks per second in pre-game lobbies. This shouldn't be too difficult, just find out how fast a human being can possibly click, and adjust Sentinel accordingly. Honestly though, it isn't hurting anybody else, so who cares?

There's also a leaderboard for it, though I reckon this should either be removed, or hidden to all but staff. Its removal will discourage auto-clicking, and help staff to see who might be cheating in the game. But again, it doesn't hurt anybody, so who cares? If cheating does become a problem, then simply remove the incentive of rewards from the game. It's not supposed to be competitive; it's supposed to be a distraction.

If there are issues with using public plugins, then fortunately this is apparently one of the easiest things to develop. I saw somebody on YouTube developing it in only a couple of minutes.

Bonus idea:

Add a little bonus to completing the parkour. For example, give us a guaranteed 10 experience, with say, a 1/8 chance of getting a handful of points, or a 1/24 chance of getting a cubelet. Would probably be more effort to do than the Cookie Clicker idea and not quite as satisfying (I would personally still not bother doing the parkour), though doesn't involve recreating nor using a public plugin.

Sowwy for unorganised thready :x

: )
Exactly, its quite boring to be honest.
I would say tough up the parkour (a bit too easy) and ofcourse add something to it, like you said.

The cookie clicking you mentioned seems interesting.

Genrally, I'm with this idea so its a +1 for me.

MClicious

Jun 13, 2016
CT
I personally don't really think clicking on a cookie is considered as fun.
Sorry, just my opinion. :x

However, I do like the idea of pre-lobby games. A few games could be:

- Fish slap - Slap each other using knockback fish.
- Football - Join one of two teams, and have a mini-football match.
- Twerk battles - 1v1 who can crouch the most times in 15 seconds.
- Tic-Tac-Toe - 1v1 Tic-tac-toe
- Fists VS Zombies - Spawn in a cage with a zombie and practice your PvP strafes and hits on the zombie.

IDK - These are just suggestions. However, clicking on a cookie is just boring.

Also, I don't think these games should give massive rewards. Maybe the occasional achievement or the experience point.
Yeth!

Reactions: Sophie
Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on Capitan's profile.
you’re officially cool
IMG_9112.jpeg
Eli wrote on matcha's profile.
Happy to see you around! :)
I got my first 20k kills in FFA!:D
20 000 kills in ffa picture 2.png
Reesle wrote on Maxminedigger's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈🧁
Livvv wrote on Maxminedigger's profile.
GRATTIS MAXI TAXIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!💕🎉🙌
Top Bottom