• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

FartiliciousMaleGuy

Dedicated Member
Oct 14, 2017
under your bed
Your teammates and the team you are on are shown in bold in eggwars, so they can use this with your suggested gamemode as well to indicate which teams you belong to.
Hm, nvm, stupid question since it's pretty self-explanatory. And i guess it would indeed be a new thing (since i don't remember to have ever seen this elsewhere in different minigames); not like it really matters. Thanks for answering/elaborating anyways.

_Oplex_

Dedicated Member
May 5, 2016
Under Your Bed (O.o)
Stop with trying to get this thread noticed again and again! You are making so many small useless post to "bump" this thread,
You asked me 2x why i didnt liked it. i gave my answer already. Stop asking for reasons why they dislike this. They voted and if they dont want to give an answer leave them alone.

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
Stop with trying to get this thread noticed again and again! You are making so many small useless post to "bump" this thread,
You asked me 2x why i didnt liked it. i gave my answer already. Stop asking for reasons why they dislike this. They voted and if they dont want to give an answer leave them alone.
They've been extremely civil and level-headed this entire time. He's trying to turn a suggestion into a discussion, but those who are voting against it aren't explaining their motives for doing so. Unlike most who create suggestions, he's trying to gather enough information so he can tweak it, helping it appeal to as many people as possible.

(If you vote 'no' i would really appreciate it if you would let me know why you chose it so i could maybe improve my idea with that info)

Also, I really like the idea for the new style of gameplay that it'd bring to the table. Though, I do worry that it'd be a little too complicated for a large portion of the player-base, and might be difficult to implement. It also doesn't seem like something that many players would actually vote for after a few weeks have passed, so unless it's a really simple job I'd prefer developers to put their resources elsewhere.

FartiliciousMaleGuy

Dedicated Member
Oct 14, 2017
under your bed
He's trying to turn a suggestion into a discussion
This^.
Guess i'll change the title/thread a bit to make this point more clear.

Unlike most who create suggestions, he's trying to gather enough information so he can tweak it, helping it appeal to as many people as possible.
Yes. That. Exactly that.

Also, I really like the idea for the new style of gameplay that it'd bring to the table
Agree with this. The new style of gameplay this could offer sounds awesome to me; which is the reason why i want to see this happen so badly. I myself (along with many others) as an Eggwars veteran, am starting to get more and more bored by Eggwars by the day, so something fresh is very welcome.

Though, I do worry that it'd be a little too complicated for a large portion of the player-base, and might be difficult to implement
I honestly doubt it. The concept is quite simple and not too different from how Normal Eggwars works (aside from the extra additional ideas). You'll have to admit, that atleast the main concept isn't too complicated. It's the extra's i mentioned in my thread aswell that might make it a bit too complicated, but even that i have some doubts about it being too much. But it might. Not a bad point.
It also doesn't seem like something that many players would actually vote for after a few weeks
Debateable, Very depending on the amount of fun this concept could generate and for how long this manages to stay interesting.

I think this could become something very fun for veterans who might crave for something new and exciting, but also something harder, which this definitely has a big potential to be if done right (think about having to play against 3 teams consisting of 3 teams if your fellow 2 teams happen to perish, the odds would be against you way more compared to normal Eggwars for example (and dont even get me started on how easy Speed can be)).

Also, the game/map scale for this concept could be quite big, offering you some possibly epic, long challenging games, considering it should be harder to eliminate a team due to the multiple eggs you'd have to break to get rid of one team.

New players in my experience also seem to like epic, challenging long grand scale games (its pretty rare for example 'teaparty' to not get filled up, unless you're playing during very low traffic times)) in general aswell. The bigger the scale of a game the more liked it is in a lot of cases.

Another thing is that i expect the new possible gameplay styles that this could provide could be interesting for atleast a year if Cube plays it's cards right. Same like with speed basically, only this has more potential to be harder, not mainly easier like with Speed (imo). Even if the interest for speficially this would go down, i still have no worries for this to still be played: the Eggwars playerbase would probably be evenly divided between variations after it does cease to lose any significant extra interest + It's still Eggwars and similiar to Normal Eggwars and therefore is quite likely to have the same, long lasting, appeal Normal Eggwars has.

might be difficult to implement
The main concept i actually think shouldn't be too difficult to implement., this becomes a different story though when you add the extra additional ideas. Anyway i really shouldn't talk much about this kinda stuff since i'm really not that knowledgable about this.

Anyway thanks for the feedback Sophie! Helpfull stuff.

And i do get your point @_Oplex_ , my apologies for the many somewhat unnecessary messages i posted, although i did not put them with the intent of bumping the thread though, but i can see how it comes across that way. Lost track of the excessive amount of messages i posted in a row, i just want to have clear answers/criticism.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sophie
A

A pigeon

They've been extremely civil and level-headed this entire time. He's trying to turn a suggestion into a discussion, but those who are voting against it aren't explaining their motives for doing so. Unlike most who create suggestions, he's trying to gather enough information so he can tweak it, helping it appeal to as many people as possible.

Also, I really like the idea for the new style of gameplay that it'd bring to the table. Though, I do worry that it'd be a little too complicated for a large portion of the player-base, and might be difficult to implement. It also doesn't seem like something that many players would actually vote for after a few weeks have passed, so unless it's a really simple job I'd prefer developers to put their resources elsewhere.
I know the server is filled with childeren but keep in mind they do have a brain , I agree that they’re idiots but they can understand stuff without much of a problem. This suggestion doesnt involve complex trignjsjwjqkakkak , just some ez to understand stuff . Even an ffa player could understand

eventually

FartiliciousMaleGuy

Dedicated Member
Oct 14, 2017
under your bed
lBYwEDm.gif

Reactions: Sophie

FartiliciousMaleGuy

Dedicated Member
Oct 14, 2017
under your bed
Alright, @Rigel_The_Star , i'm sure you'll have some valid points / arguments to back up your pick.
So, would you be so kind and elaborate on your choice? Once agan, like with everyone else here who votes no, i'm quite curious to hear what criticism you have to throw at this.

Reactions: 0ffense

0ffense

Mar 27, 2017
Orion constellation
Alright, @Rigel_The_Star , i'm sure you'll have some valid points / arguments to back up your pick.
So, would you be so kind and elaborate on your choice? Once agan, like with everyone else here who votes now, i'm quite curious to hear what criticism you have to throw at this.
Lol I was waiting for this. I just dont think eggwars has enough players for an entirely new mode to be added.

Reactions: FartiliciousMaleGuy

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
This is why I don't say why
Because then you argue with my opinion and also are just rude.
So stop.
My answer is final.
It's not necessary.
Dismissing an idea just because you might into rulebreakers isn't really a valid reason to be honest. Rulebreakers aren't even supposed to be part of the experience.

FartiliciousMaleGuy

Dedicated Member
Oct 14, 2017
under your bed
Not really, it just seems to be far-fetched.
Ok. Fair fair. But listen to this though: wouldn't adding something like this bring more players to Eggwars in general and maybe make up for the what might now be a deficient amount of players? Don't you think this could be possible?

Edit: Just think about YT'ers maybe playing Eggwars on their channels again and bringing new traffic to Cubecraft too for example. I'm sure they might try this due to this being Eggwars, a very popular gamemode to my knowledge in regards of all the Minecraft servers. So something new to Eggwars like a variation would likely be considered as a pretty big thing that could catch those (usefull in regards to increasing traffic towards certain servers ;))YT'ers attention. But let's put this aside for now cause i also don't think Cube's playercount shouldn't totally rely on YT'ers influence ofc (even though it can have a pretty big (what seems to be lasting) impact on a servers popularity, and therefore traffic. It's just a lil thing that might help it for a while.

Last edited:

0ffense

Mar 27, 2017
Orion constellation
Ok. Fair fair. But listen to this though: wouldn't adding something like this bring more players to Eggwars in general and maybe make up for the what might now be a deficient amount of players? Don't you think this could be possible?
As long as it brings enough players to sustain the gamemode, but over time its going to lose a playercount just like the island games. Island games used to have tons of players when it came out and now they have disappeared, I predict the same thing will happen for this.

FartiliciousMaleGuy

Dedicated Member
Oct 14, 2017
under your bed
As long as it brings enough players to sustain the gamemode, but over time its going to lose a playercount just like the island games. Island games used to have tons of players when it came out and now they have disappeared, I predict the same thing will happen for this.
Hmm ok. Once again, i see your point. I'm not too sure if we should compare Eggwars to Island games though since Eggwars seems to be on another level popularity wise compared to all the other gamemodes; and since this variation would still be Eggwars, i think it could work out even after the hype for it died down, since the playerbase to it is pretty big. It's a gamble i guess, but one with a high chance of working out well in my eyes due to it belonging to Eggwars. I don't see this dying down as fast as Island games did atleast due to this.

And for a gamemode to eventuelly die down to an extent is inevitable anyway, but like i mentioned before, i don't think it's going to very soon, even if it did die out, i'd expect it to last atleast as long as Speed did (for like a couple of months i think that lasted if i remember correctly). I think this could prove to be more succesfull than speed though, since this concept should offer a new gamestyle that would be more different than Speed is in my eyes, which is literally the same as Normal Eggwars but with speed pots added (which is only selectable as a kit now), some different island spacing and some different maps, and ofc the fact that Speed is a bit more fastpaced ofc, but that's mainly just due to smaller mapsizes... And that's kinda it. Anyways i think Speed is too similiar to Normal Eggwars nowadays, which is one of the reasons it died down in the first place i believe, it wasn't as good and different as it could be (especially) after the default Speed 1 was taken away from it (taking away the biggest aspect differentating it from Normal Eggwars). My point is, games that die out, die out for a reason, which include: they're not good/fun ((enough)
: Island games belongs to this, it was good, but not good enough to be able to compete with the already existing games)
/ They aren't different enough (Speed Eggwars) / They can't be sustained due to the playercount on Cube being too low as a whole. The only thing (assuming my concept will also be good in reality and not just in theory (something you yourself stated wasn't really anything wrong with! (refering to the concept)) that could make this variation go down (quickly) is the playercount on Cube being too low as a whole, which i think should be fine and even if it isn't, EVEN THEN, i don't think it should pose a big threat for this, since most of Cube's traffic is concetrated/located at Eggwars anyways, so Eggwars should be able to take some hits in that department if Cube were to have a drop in playercount since the high player concentration at Eggwars should be able to compensate to an extent against that.

Pfhew, what a long response hehehe.

Last edited:

0ffense

Mar 27, 2017
Orion constellation
Hmm ok. Once again, i see your point. I'm not too sure if we should compare Eggwars to Island games though since Eggwars seems to be on another level popularity wise compared to all the other gamemodes; and since this variation would still be Eggwars, i think it could work out even after the hype for it died down, since the playerbase to it is pretty big. It's a gamble i guess, but one with a high chance of working out well in my eyes due to it belonging to Eggwars. I don't see this dying down as fast as Island games did atleast due to this.

And for a gamemode to eventuelly die down to an extent is inevitable anyway, but like i mentioned before, i don't think it's going to very soon, even if it did die out, i'd expect it to last atleast as long as Speed did (for like a couple of months i think that lasted if i remember correctly). I think this could prove to be more succesfull than speed though, since this concept should offer a new gamestyle that would be more different than Speed is in my eyes, which is literally the same as Normal Eggwars but with speed pots added (which is only selectable as a kit now), some different island spacing and some different maps, and ofc the fact that Speed is a bit more fastpaced ofc, but that's mainly just due to smaller mapsizes... And that's kinda it. Anyways i think Speed is too similiar to Normal Eggwars nowadays, which is one of the reasons it died down in the first place i believe, it wasn't as good and different as it could be (especially) after the default Speed 1 was taken away from it (taking away the biggest aspect differentating it from Normal Eggwars). My point is, games that die out, die out for a reason, which include: they're not good/fun ((enough)
: Island games belongs to this, it was good, but not good enough to be able to compete with the already existing games)
/ They aren't different enough (Speed Eggwars) / They can't be sustained due to the playercount on Cube being too low as a whole. The only thing (assuming my concept will also be good in reality and not just in theory (something you yourself stated wasn't really anything wrong with! (refering to the concept)) that could make this variation go down (very quickly) is the playercount on Cube being too low as a whole, which i think should be fine and even if it isn't, EVEN THEN, i don't think it shouldn't pose a big threat for this, since most of Cube's traffic is concetrated/located at Eggwars anyways, so Eggwars should be able to take some hits in that department if Cube were to have a drop in playercount since the high player concentration at Eggwars should be able to compensate to an extent against that.

Pfhew, what a long response hehehe.
Ok, your right. But I still think its a bit of a gamble, so instead of having three eggwars modes you might want to just remove speed entirely and replace it with this. Speed is pretty much dead anyway.

Reactions: FartiliciousMaleGuy
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on s4mways's profile.
thanks for the follow! 🎈
Asking... Schedule meetings... Writing questions... Recording... Editing... Rendering... Before preparations... Finished:D Redo! Asking... A system I have built up while working on the Sapphire Interviews Series!:D More videos and more info will come!
Matriox wrote on Basketman's profile.
uhu :thisisfine:
Kloska wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy birthday!
Capitan wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy birthday Elivat!
Top Bottom