• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

FartiliciousMaleGuy

Dedicated Member
Oct 14, 2017
under your bed
Poll responses from last (deleted) thread on Eggwars from a while ago.

Yes: 26 ==> (67%)
Maybe: 4 ==> (10%)
No: 9 ==> (23%)
I don't know: 0 ==> (0%)

(Completed updated version, originating from the 'Eggwars' section)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello people of CubeCraft!

So listen up. I came up with a concept for a different Gamemode variation for Eggwars that i myself consider to be pretty neat and would definitely consider trying out / playing with. I'll try to explain it clearly (even though it really isn't that complicated, which makes it thus the more great!). The mainconcept contains such a simple tweak, but one that could yet pose to be so effective in making Eggwars more interesting again. It's amazing! I'm sharing this because, firstly, i believe it's about damn time for something new and fresh again, i mean there are more and more people nowadays who claim that Eggwars is getting boring and people seem to be wanting something new

And secondly, cause this might have some potential and isn't that hard to implement in the current system of Eggwars Teams (either Normal or Speed, doesn't matter, same for both).

(I do advice you to read the whole thing beforehand, to prevent yourself from looking stupid/silly if you're going to comment on this and show your thoughts/opinions on it)

Let me first start off with the things this concept could offer:

• Make Eggwars fun again and revitalize it.

• many possibilities regarding team design (making 4 teams each made out of 2 teams / making 3 teams each made out of 3 teams / making 2 teams each made out of 5 teams / making 6 teams each made out of 2 teams. Etc. Etc.). There's also definitely some room for creativity in creating maps for this.

• A nice well overdue, new, fresh air to the current team system that would make for an interesting, fun and dynamic new gamemode played in a different manner (strategic wise for example) compared to Normal Eggwars. Especially with the additional ideas i've been able to add through the feedback i've received.

• Give us more frequent longer, more epic, fun games. Like those long exciting games from back in the days when we were still new to Eggwars. (Remember those days? When this game used to be the sh*t? Those were the glory days)

• Team co-operation would be an interesting aspect and dynamic introduced by this concept, once again, adding to the fun.

• Making Eggwars MORE Eggwars (if you get what i'm saying)

( ) = potential extra's. Not part of the main concept!

• (An interesting and cool final deathmatch between the winning islands of the winning team.)

• (More added strategic ways of playing the game due to added minor buffs to each island in a team. This should make the game more interesting, fun and dynamic aswell!)

• (Enables to be very creative in gamesetup-design (see last additional extra idea) due to combining multiple team-designs into one map/game. This could be so freaking awesome! The potential! oooh the potential! Can you see it?)

Annoyed by the long list? GOOD. That should already prove how valuable the implementation of this could be regarding the many things this could offer Eggwars.

- - - ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- - - -

So. Here's the idea:

(Two-word summary: Allied teams)

NAME (IDEAS): 'Allies' or 'Multiple Egg' / 'Squads' / 'SuperTeams' / 'Mega Teams' / 'Crossteam mode' (just thinking of a cool name now, Staff could perhaps come up with a better more original name if they feel like it).

MAIN CONCEPT: Same setup as with Normal Team Eggwars, only now, individual seperate teams are allied with other teams, but still stay seperate teams each with their own egg and respawn ties to that egg. Seperate teams will be working together. Teams will basically be split into different teams/sections across different islands in a sense (So a team with 2 eggs basically, or more, depending on the amount of teams making up one team). what i mean by that is that for example on the map Teaparty ((8 teams of 5) 5 vs 5 vs 5 vs 5 vs 5 vs 5 vs 5 vs 5 ), you could have '4 teams 2' or '2 teams of 4'. Simple as that.

Now, instead of just combining 2 teams, you could also go a little more crazy and make a team consisting of 3 seperate teams (or more)!, This could work especially well on big maps divided in multiple smaller teams (prefered maps would be: big maps with 9 or 12 seperate teams for making a team out of 3 separate teams of course, due to the maths of it) I believe this 'multiple egg' mode would be a great idea for already existing big maps like Teaparty/Mushrooms/Dwarven/Garden/Haunted but would probably work out even better with newly made customized maps designed specifically for this new team setup.

So to eliminate one whole and complete team, you’ll have to take out each seperate island/team (each with their own egg and respawn ties to that egg) consisting out of that team to completely eliminate the team. Get it? Tip: don't think too complicated about it, cause it's not.

Examples:
Teaparty: (40players total) (has 8 teams of 5players): 4 teams of 2 teams / 2 teams of 4 teams
Mushrooms: (40players total) (has 8 teams of 5players): 4 teams of 2 teams / 2 teams of 4 teams
Storm: (24players total) (has 12 teams of 2): 6 teams of 2 teams / 3 teams of 4 teams / 2 teams of 6
Pizza: (16players total) (has 8 teams of 2): 4 teams of 2 teams / 2 teams of 4 teams
I'll stop now.
Like i stated before, i do have to say though that for this gamemode to work at its best, we'll need more big maps divided into small teams

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

POSSIBLE PROBLEMS WITH THIS CONCEPT AND FIXES TO THEM:
- Not being able to recognize well who your allies and enemies are

Fix: Give everyone in one team very similiar colours. Put some kind of scoreboard up that makes it easier to distinguish. Give players a tag above their heads showing the team they belong to.

- Toxic players breaking egg defenses of other allied islands

Fix: not found yet. Possible fix could be that only the members of the island of that given egg could break the blocks placed around the egg, not the other islands of the team. Although i think this might cause frustrating situations and inconveniences. Then again, is this really a big deal? They're in Normal Teams and Speed Teams aswell. Besides, how often do you even encounter really toxic players, i personally, not so often. If it is a problem, i think it might just be something that we have to accept, i mean we could also accept it with other games/gamemodes, this should be no exception in that regard. They're unfortunately, part of the game. It would be nothing exclusive to just this gamemode anyway.

- Grand scale camping

Fix: No punch bow/very expensive punch bows; diamond gens only at mid/no diamond gens at bases; slightly cheaper enderpearls (48 diamonds for example).

- False crossteam accusation attempts
Fix:
  • Either have maps specificially made for this gamemode (and therefore revealing the gamemode played
  • Have leather armor colours look different compared to normal Eggwars.
  • Have the tags i mentioned in 'Not being able to recognize well who your allies and enemies are', something only this gamemode is likely to have. This would also reveal in what gamemode you're playing and prevent people recording you for crossteaming in the wrong gamemode.
  • Put something in the scoreboard making clear in what gamemode you're playing; have some signature thing or something exclusive to just that gamemode, making once again, clear in what gamemode you're playing. Anything that will distinct itself from Normal Eggwars in a way should work.
  • If more is necessary to convey in what gamemode you're playing, you could always have a message repeat after every 15 minutes or something similiar in chat that clearly says that you are in the given mode that you are currently playing in.
  • Basically, make this gamemode recognizable in some ways.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EXTRA (MORE IN DEPTH) POTENTIAL ADDITIONAL IDEAS:

- Each section/island gets their own strengths and/or their own items to purchase, therefore each island could play it in a smart strategic way according to their own strenghts.

Sidenote: if i were to include this in my idea, i would keep the strenghts of each island minor, Also, as much as i want this to feel new and fresh and have a different dynamic to it, i also want to keep it somewhat simple and not too complicated. So perhaps some minor tweaks, maybe some item cost changes (have one squad be able to buy blocks and food cheaper), or some weapon buffs (Sharpness 1 on every weapon you buy, swords and axes), or even an island where everyone is given some permanent potion effect (like Haste 1), the more i think about it, the more potential i can see in it. This could for example be something that could be an extra thing that could be voted for, or be the same as with kits and that you can buy them (although the buffs then become more individual, so not too sure about that).

- The last remaining winning team fights it out. The islands (that remained) of the team that survived and won, fight it out. The winning island of this fight gains extra points, while the lost islands (of the winning team, aside from the islands that died off before the team won) still receive a good amount of points for being on the winning team.

Sidenote: the final deathmatch between the winning islands needs to be balanced in some way gear wise. If the islands would fight it out with their own gear they made in the game it could cause islands of the same team to sabotage each other (breaking their allies' bridges for example) to prevent their fellow islands from becoming too well geared so they might have the advantage gear wise when they fight in the island deatmatch. My suggestion would be: delete all items and in turn give them equal gear and items. teleport players back to their islands delete all chests and all blocks placed during the game, generators get reset. This would prevent sabotage between allied islands and would also prevent the fight from potentially being one sided.

I'd make this deathmatch between the winning islands more fast paced since it should be seen more as a sort of 'extra event' for bonus points and not the main thing of the game (imo). The means through i would make it more fast paced could be stuff like: speed pots, delete the eggs so everyone has only one life, give crazy items like enderpearls, fireballs and eggs that would generate bridges to the point you throw them (hypixel eggs from bedwars), give strong weapons and weaker armor. A suggestion for the transition into this deathmatch is to teleport all the players still alive, of the still standing islands, of the winning team, to their base the moment the team kills the other teams and wins and then start it from there (maybe even: teleport players to a deathmatch arena and remove the whole 'have to bridge to the other island' aspect all together).

I'm not too sure myself yet which option i prefer so i will leave this for Cubecraft to decide on.
(Nice name to maybe give for this deathmatch could be something like "traitor round".)

Also, i'm going to propose something pretty crazy, but please, hear me out: have this final deathmatch / traitor round be votable. Now here it comes (brace yourself), the ones who can vote is going to be...EVERYONE, not just the ranks. Wouldn't that be cool for once? If no one votes anything there will be no final deathmatch by default (although, once again, i rather let Cube decide on what option seems best to put as default)

- Have teams combined into one team, but DON'T give each team a seperate egg. Instead, give them only one egg.

Sidenote: Each island of one of these combined teams would depend on one egg this way. So let's say you have 3 islands, combined into one team; then this team would have 1 egg for all 3 the islands. But to avoid this from being totally the same as just one big team, have the spawnpoints be different, and have players spawn on different, seperate islands in this team. The egg would preferably be located in the 'middle' island if there is one, or have the egg be located at one of the islands that belongs to that team by random.
Example: Green + Dark Green + Lime = 1 team with 1 egg. ==> Egg would be located at Dark Green (assuming that would be the island inbetween Green and Lime) ==> Green, Dark Green and Lime all have to protect this one egg to ensure their respective spawnpoints to be able to keep respawning after death.

Applications for something like this could be a lot of things, there's a lot of room for creativity if you combine this idea with the main concept (or even the Normal Eggwars setup) and have a gamesetup that goes something like this:

Possible gamesetup (this one is a bit crazy though):

Team 1 (Omega)(each island with a seperate egg): Green (3 players) + Dark Green (3 players) + Lime (3 players)
vs
Team 2 (Alpha)(with just one egg for all islands): Orange (5 players) + Red (5 players) + Dark Red (5 players)
vs
Team 3 (Gamma)(each island with a seperate egg): Light Blue (1 player) + Blue (1 player) + Dark Blue (1 player) + Purple (1 player) + Dark Purple (1 player) + Pink (1 player)
vs
Team 4 (Delta)(just one island): Yellow (12 players)

I can see this being a bit hectic, so i hope that Cube could come up with something to prevent this from happening. They can already start off by applying the fix i noted before for "Not being able to recognize well who your allies and enemies are". And also, if it did happen that this couldn't possibly be made less hectic (if we were to assume it would be), then honestly, so be it; the amount of possibilities for something cool or crazy (like the example above) is way to cool to pass up on, i'm sure the playerbase would figure it all out eventually.

Although, aside from trying to fix this possible gamesetup from possibly being hectic, i did only choose to come up with a gamesetup as crazy as shown above just to prove how creative you can get with this if you dare to combine multiple team-designs.

- Have unique uneven maps with unique interesting team designs.

Sidenote: Imagine a map for example having a team design that would look like this: 1 team (1 island(s) - 8 players per island(s)) vs 1 team (2 island(s) - 5 players per island(s)) vs 1 team (3 island(s) - 4 players per island(s)). Now ofc the teams with the higher island and playercount should be given big disadvantages compared to the teams with a lower island + playercount (which in contrast should be given big advantages). I think something like this could be extremy interesting to play with.

- Have Greek alphabet team names. No colours. So stuff like: Alpha, Beta, Omega, Delta, Gamma, Theta, Kappa (yes this a Greek letter lol), Sigma, Omicron, Epsilon, Zeta, Psi, Upsilon, iota.

Sidenote: These are already 14 different potential names for a team, in other words, more than enough.
Enough, cause these names should be given to the combinations/collaborations of teams, not a team/island individually, which i would stick to giving colour names. So here's an example of how that would look like:

Game setup:
- Team 1 called Omega: Green (3 players) + Dark Green (3 players) + Lime (3 players)
vs
Team 2 called Alpha: Orange (3 players) + Red (3 players) + Dark Red (3 players)
vs
Team 3 called Gamma: Light Blue (3 players) + Blue (3 players) + Dark Blue (3 players)

So.
Cubecraft...What are you waiting for?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BE SURE TO UPVOTE/LIKE MY POST ON THIS MODERATORS (@Younisco) 'SUGGESTION COMPILATION' THREAD ASWELL IF YOU HAPPEN TO LIKE THIS: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/suggestions-compilation.201864/

Thank you for reading my long take/explanation on my idea :)

Please leave your opinions down below on this, i’m curious to hear what you all think of this.

Also if you have any questions about it or things that aren’t clear for you, feel free to ask

Lastly, DON'T FORGET TO VOTE!

(If you vote 'no' i would really appreciate it if you would let me know why / discuss your arguments with me in a civil way as to why you chose it so i could maybe improve my concept with that info, thanks in advance)

~FartiliciousManChild

(a.k.a. Epicfartofdoom (in game))

Last edited:

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016

So listen up. I came up with a concept for a different Gamemode variation for Eggwars that i myself consider to be pretty neat and would definitely consider trying out / playing with. I'll try to explain it clearly (even though it really isn't that complicated, which makes it thus the more great!). I'm sharing this because, firstly, i believe it's about damn time for something new and fresh again, i mean there are more and more people nowadays who claim that Eggwars is getting boring and people seem to be wanting something new

And secondly, cause this might have some potential and isn't that hard to implement in the current system of Eggwars Teams (either Normal or Speed, doesn't matter, same for both).

(I do advice you to read the whole thing beforehand, to prevent yourself from looking stupid/silly if you're going to comment on this and show your thoughts/opinions on it)

Let me first start off with the things this concept could offer
Things that this could offer!:

• Make Eggwars fun again

• many possibilities regarding team design (making 4 teams each made out of 2 teams / making 3 teams each made out of 3 teams / making 2 teams each made out of 5 teams / making 6 teams each made out of 2 teams. Etc. Etc.).

• A nice new, fresh air to the current team system that would possibly make for an interesting, fun and dynamic new gamemode played in a different manner (strategic wise for example) compared to Normal Eggwars. Especially with the additional ideas i've been able to add through the feedback i've received.

• (An interesting and cool final deathmatch between the winning islands of the winning team.)

• (More added strategic ways of playing the game due to added minor buffs to each island in a team. This should make the game more interesting, fun and dynamic!)

So. Here's the idea:

Very short version: allied teams

Longer more explained version:

NAME (IDEAS): 'Allies' or 'Mega Teams' / 'Squads' / 'Eggwars Elites' / 'Crossteam mode' (just thinking of a cool name now, Staff could perhaps come up with a better more original name if they feel like it).

-(JUST READ THE UNDERLINED SENTENCES IF YOU DON'T NEED ALL THE EXPLAINING)-

CONCEPT: Same setup as with Normal Team Eggwars, only now, individual seperate teams are allied, but still stay seperate teams each with their own egg, (So a team with 2 eggs basically, or more, depending on the amount of teams making up one team). what i mean by that is that for example on the map Aztec (where you have 6 vs 6 vs 6 vs 6), you could have 6 - 6 vs 6 - 6, so le'ts say Yellow and Blue vs Red and Green. Simple as that.

In this scenario it's basically turned the gamemode 'Teams' into a gamemode with 'Teams' and 'Squads'. Going back to my example, Aztec; here it would mean that the seperate team of 6 would be a so called 'squad' and the combination of those 2 squads (so 2 seperate teams, 6 + 6 = 12 players) would be the real 'team'.

Now, instead of just combining 2 teams, you could also go a little more crazy and make a team consisting of 3 seperate teams (or more)!, This could work especially well on big maps divided in multiple smaller teams (prefered maps would be: big maps with 9 or 12 seperate teams for making a team out of 3 separate teams of course) I believe this 'crossteam mode' would be a great idea for already existing big maps like Teaparty/Mushrooms/Dwarven/Garden/Haunted or maybe even newly made customized maps designed specifically for this new team setup.

Now one thing of note would be that the seperate teams that form the real, bigger teams should keep having their own egg, making the gamemode/gameplay more interesting, otherwise it’s also kind of the same as just having a few big teams. Nonono, the interesting part in this idea lies in the fact that, to eliminate one team, you’ll have to take out each seperate ‘squad’ (each with their own egg) of that team to completely eliminate the team. So like i explained here, you can pretty much say this is exactly like crossteaming, only now, it’s legal and actually encouraged. Now of course it’s somewhat annoying to go up against crossteamers on your own, but this changes when you’re crossteamed yourself with other teams aswell, so get the idea of 'crossteaming is bad!!1!' out of your head. Please.

Examples:
Teaparty: (40players total) (has 8 teams of 5players): 4 teams of 2 teams / 2 teams of 4 teams
Mushrooms: (40players total) (has 8 teams of 5players): 4 teams of 2 teams / 2 teams of 4 teams
Storm: (24players total) (has 12 teams of 2): 6 teams of 2 teams / 3 teams of 4 teams / 2 teams of 6
Pizza: (16players total) (has 8 teams of 2): 4 teams of 2 teams / 2 teams of 4 teams
I'll stop now.

I do have to say though that for this gamemode to work at its best, we'll need more big maps divided into small teams

POSSIBLE PROBLEMS WITH THIS IDEA AND FIXES TO THEM:

Fix: Give everyone in one team very similiar colours. Put some kind of scoreboard up that makes it easier to distinguish. Give players a tag above their heads showing the team they belong to.

Fix: not found yet. Possible fix could be that only the members of the island of that given egg could break the blocks placed around the egg, not the other islands of the team. Although i think this might cause frustrating situations and inconveniences. Then again, is this really a big deal? They're in Normal Teams and Speed Teams aswell. Besides, how often do you even encounter really toxic players, i personally, not so often. If it is a problem, i think it might just be something that we have to accept, i mean we could also accept it with other games/gamemodes, this should be no exception in that regard. They're unfortunately, part of the game.

- Grand scale camping

Fix: No punch bow/very expensive punch bows; diamond gens only at mid/no diamond gens at bases; slightly cheaper enderpearls (48 diamonds for example).

- The last remaining winning team fights it out. The islands (that remained) of the team that survived and won, fight it out. The winning island of this fight gains extra points, while the lost islands (of the winning team, aside from the islands that died off before the team won) still receive a good amount of points for being on the winning team.

Sidenote: the final deathmatch between the winning islands needs to be balanced in some way gear wise. If the islands would fight it out with their own gear they made in the game it could cause islands of the same team to sabotage each other (breaking their allies' bridges for example) to prevent their fellow islands from becoming too well geared so they might have the advantage gear wise when they fight in the island deatmatch. My suggestion would be: delete all items and in turn give them equal gear and items. This would prevent sabotage between allied islands and would also prevent the fight from potentially being one sided.

I'd make this deathmatch between the winning islands more fast paced since it should be seen more as a sort of 'extra event' for bonus points and not the main thing of the game (imo). The means through i would make it more fast paced could be stuff like: speed pots, delete the eggs so everyone has only one life, give crazy items like enderpearls, fireballs and eggs that would generate bridges to the point you throw them (hypixel eggs from bedwars), give strong weapons and weaker armor. A suggestion for the transition into this deathmatch is to teleport all the players still alive, of the still standing islands, of the winning team, to their base the moment the team kills the other teams and wins and then start it from there (maybe even: teleport players to a deathmatch arena and remove the whole 'have to bridge to the other island' aspect all together).

I'm not too sure myself yet which option i prefer so i will leave this for Cubecraft to decide on.

- Each squad/island gets their own strengths and or their own items to purchase, therefore each island/squad could play it in a smart strategic way according to their own strenghts.

if i were to include this in my idea, i would keep the strenghts of each island minor, Also, as much as i want this to feel new and fresh and have a different dynamic to it, i also want to keep it somewhat simple and not too complicated. So perhaps some minor tweaks, maybe some item cost changes (have one squad be able to buy blocks and food cheaper), or some weapon buffs (Sharpness 1 on every weapon you buy, swords and axes), or even an island where everyone is given some permanent potion effect (like Haste 1), the more i think about it, the more potential i can see in it. This could for example be something that could be an extra thing that could be voted for, or be the same as with kits and that you can buy them (although the buffs then become more individual, so not too sure about that).

CONCLUSION:
REPEATING AGAIN. Things that this new gamemode variation could offer!:

• many possibilities regarding team design (making 4 teams each made out of 2 teams / making 3 teams each made out of 3 teams / making 2 teams each made out of 5 teams / making 6 teams each made out of 2 teams. Etc. Etc.).

• A nice new, fresh air to the current team system that would possibly make for an interesting, fun and dynamic new gamemode played in a different manner (strategic wise for example) compared to Normal Eggwars. Especially with the additional ideas i've been able to add through the feedback i've received.

• (More added strategic ways of playing the game due to added minor buffs to each island in a team. This should make the game more interesting, fun and dynamic!)

So.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please leave your opinions down below on this, i’m curious to hear what you all think of this.

Also if you have any questions about it or things that aren’t clear for you, feel free to ask

Lastly, DONT FORGET TO VOTE!

(If you vote 'no' i would really appreciate it if you would let me know why you chose it so i could maybe improve my idea with that info)

~FartiliciousManChild

I agree with every post on EggWars. I am not finding eggwars boring, but it is starting to get stale. It should get updated soon. New voting option? New abilities? Kits? Maps?
There are a lot of things to make eggwars more fun/revive it, but most of the posts are just getting locked or they aren't getting implemented.
I think we should (at the same time) back off from asking to update it, because if we ask to update it, I don't want to be rude but there is a possibility that the developers do it completely different from what players wanted/make a version that has nothing to do with player suggestions. There have been many updates, but like 3 players said yes to it, so why do they add this stuff when not many players agree with it? I don't know. So I would like eggwars to be updated, but just keep in mind that it may be altered in was that we were not asking for. No offense to the developers.
+1

Reactions: BadGuy

TheBoom989

Oct 11, 2017
This is the problem. You get so many great posts like these, and so many, to an extent that shows how much the community wants them and that these posts are impossible to be ignored, but the staff still doesn't do anything about it. It's like they're hardly listening to feedback at all.
We can make these threads and get tons, even hundreds of 'yes' votes, but does it even matter if no one on the staff is listening? When was the last time when a great suggestion like this got added?
(Edit:words)

Last edited:

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
I t

So listen up. I came up with a concept for a different Gamemode variation for Eggwars that i myself consider to be pretty neat and would definitely consider trying out / playing with. I'll try to explain it clearly (even though it really isn't that complicated, which makes it thus the more great!). I'm sharing this because, firstly, i believe it's about damn time for something new and fresh again, i mean there are more and more people nowadays who claim that Eggwars is getting boring and people seem to be wanting something new

Let me first start off with the things this concept could offer
Things that this could offer!:

• Make Eggwars fun again

So. Here's the idea:

Very short version: allied teams

Longer more explained version:

NAME (IDEAS): 'Allies' or 'Mega Teams' / 'Squads' / 'Eggwars Elites' / 'Crossteam mode' (just thinking of a cool name now, Staff could perhaps come up with a better more original name if they feel like it).

-(JUST READ THE UNDERLINED SENTENCES IF YOU DON'T NEED ALL THE EXPLAINING)-

CONCEPT: Same setup as with Normal Team Eggwars, only now, individual seperate teams are allied, but still stay seperate teams each with their own egg, (So a team with 2 eggs basically, or more, depending on the amount of teams making up one team). what i mean by that is that for example on the map Aztec (where you have 6 vs 6 vs 6 vs 6), you could have 6 - 6 vs 6 - 6, so le'ts say Yellow and Blue vs Red and Green. Simple as that.

In this scenario it's basically turned the gamemode 'Teams' into a gamemode with 'Teams' and 'Squads'. Going back to my example, Aztec; here it would mean that the seperate team of 6 would be a so called 'squad' and the combination of those 2 squads (so 2 seperate teams, 6 + 6 = 12 players) would be the real 'team'.

Now, instead of just combining 2 teams, you could also go a little more crazy and make a team consisting of 3 seperate teams (or more)!, This could work especially well on big maps divided in multiple smaller teams (prefered maps would be: big maps with 9 or 12 seperate teams for making a team out of 3 separate teams of course) I believe this 'crossteam mode' would be a great idea for already existing big maps like Teaparty/Mushrooms/Dwarven/Garden/Haunted or maybe even newly made customized maps designed specifically for this new team setup.

Now one thing of note would be that the seperate teams that form the real, bigger teams should keep having their own egg, making the gamemode/gameplay more interesting, otherwise it’s also kind of the same as just having a few big teams. Nonono, the interesting part in this idea lies in the fact that, to eliminate one team, you’ll have to take out each seperate ‘squad’ (each with their own egg) of that team to completely eliminate the team. So like i explained here, you can pretty much say this is exactly like crossteaming, only now, it’s legal and actually encouraged. Now of course it’s somewhat annoying to go up against crossteamers on your own, but this changes when you’re crossteamed yourself with other teams aswell, so get the idea of 'crossteaming is bad!!1!' out of your head. Please.

Examples:
I'll stop now.

I do have to say though that for this gamemode to work at its best, we'll need more big maps divided into small teams

POSSIBLE PROBLEMS WITH THIS IDEA AND FIXES TO THEM:

Fix: not found yet. Possible fix could be that only the members of the island of that given egg could break the blocks placed around the egg, not the other islands of the team. Although i think this might cause frustrating situations and inconveniences. Then again, is this really a big deal? They're in Normal Teams and Speed Teams aswell. Besides, how often do you even encounter really toxic players, i personally, not so often. If it is a problem, i think it might just be something that we have to accept, i mean we could also accept it with other games/gamemodes, this should be no exception in that regard. They're unfortunately, part of the game.

- Grand scale camping

Sidenote: the final deathmatch between the winning islands needs to be balanced in some way gear wise. If the islands would fight it out with their own gear they made in the game it could cause islands of the same team to sabotage each other (breaking their allies' bridges for example) to prevent their fellow islands from becoming too well geared so they might have the advantage gear wise when they fight in the island deatmatch. My suggestion would be: delete all items and in turn give them equal gear and items. This would prevent sabotage between allied islands and would also prevent the fight from potentially being one sided.

- Each squad/island gets their own strengths and or their own items to purchase, therefore each island/squad could play it in a smart strategic way according to their own strenghts.

if i were to include this in my idea, i would keep the strenghts of each island minor, Also, as much as i want this to feel new and fresh and have a different dynamic to it, i also want to keep it somewhat simple and not too complicated. So perhaps some minor tweaks, maybe some item cost changes (have one squad be able to buy blocks and food cheaper), or some weapon buffs (Sharpness 1 on every weapon you buy, swords and axes), or even an island where everyone is given some permanent potion effect (like Haste 1), the more i think about it, the more potential i can see in it. This could for example be something that could be an extra thing that could be voted for, or be the same as with kits and that you can buy them (although the buffs then become more individual, so not too sure about that).

CONCLUSION:
REPEATING AGAIN. Things that this new gamemode variation could offer!:

So.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lastly, DONT FORGET TO VOTE!

(If you vote 'no' i would really appreciate it if you would let me know why you chose it so i could maybe improve my idea with that info)

~FartiliciousManChild

I agree with you! We just need a new EggWars update! Amazing suggestion! (I voted yes BTW :p)

FartiliciousMaleGuy

Dedicated Member
Oct 14, 2017
under your bed
This used to be an annoying thing going on where people would vote no without explaining/elaborating their opinion on why so previous threads i made. It made it nearly impossible for me to improve my concept according to player feedback or show me what was 'wrong' with the concept since they wouldn't talk but instead just vote no for some reason. I'm not asking anyone who voted no to change their vote (although i would ofc prefer a yes, lets be honest) to a yes, i just want to know their reasoning behind it instead of being left in the dark. Chances are anyway that a lot of no voters unneccesarly vote no cause they simply misinterpret stuff said in the thread. So if i can help anyone with explaining anything unclear about it and prevent uneccessary negative poll votes. Then that be nice too :)

Last edited:

FartiliciousMaleGuy

Dedicated Member
Oct 14, 2017
under your bed
/\ yep, Dont worry though im the only one that voted "no" :rolleyes:
K. Cool cool, thats all i wanted to hear. An explanation. Might not really be able to do much with this, but it's still appreciated nonetheless.

Edit: I'm much more concerned about the reasons for as of why people vote no at the moment compared to the amount of people, which, i'm not worried about, cause like stated, it's just one ;). You. You f***** cancerou... Nahh i'm kiddin, it's fine. (no really it is) :p. Each their own opinions amirite.

Last edited:

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
Just make their name bold just like your own team, also put the allied teams in the same team chat.
This is not exclusive to this gamemode, it happens already with toxic people breaking egg defenses of their own team.
Just record and report i'd say
- Grand scale camping
Doesn't really happen often with big teams for example mansion and rome.

FartiliciousMaleGuy

Dedicated Member
Oct 14, 2017
under your bed
Just make their name bold just like your own team, also put the allied teams in the same team chat.

This is not exclusive to this gamemode, it happens already with toxic people breaking egg defenses of their own team.
Just record and report i'd say

Doesn't really happen often with big teams for example mansion and rome.
Put them there cause some people thought those things were valid complaints/points against the concept last times (which i agree with you on, that they weren't really) It's just a quick pre-debunk for anyone who comes to think of it and tries to use it against me and complain about it and are being nitpicky. I know, it's kinda stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
:3🍜
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will like it here!:D
I may or may not have bought 6 Birthday Bundles (used one on myself) and I may or may not do a Giveaway for 1 soon 😉
IMG_5319.png
Top Bottom