Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Rocks1

Apr 5, 2022
Bunny Town
I agree, as it wont cost Cubecraft anything, and it would be a nice thank you gift for their service. And about Bedrock, we have game-specific ranks, so I think for Bedrock they could get any item in the store of their choice.

Also there are VIP ranks on Bedrock, so each TT member could get VIP level 3 for free, the VIP provides a few perks btw.

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
idk how many people were in the translations team but I know there was a lot, I don't think giving everyone obsidian is reasonable because unlike moderators, the team is much bigger and everyone on the team is gone at once.

This would be a huge loss in money for Cube and translators were volunteering their time; not in return for money

I would suggest a rank upgrade but everyone getting obsidian would be too much imo

Rocks1

Apr 5, 2022
Bunny Town
idk how many people were in the translations team but I know there was a lot, I don't think giving everyone obsidian is reasonable because unlike moderators, the team is much bigger and everyone on the team is gone at once.

This would be a huge loss in money for Cube and translators were volunteering their time; not in return for money

I would suggest a rank upgrade but everyone getting obsidian would be too much imo
Well the TT had about 200 members as of January 2022. But it costs nothin' for the cube to give away a rank, so they would give away a 70$ rank to about 100 people (as I think part of the TT already has the rank). They could just make a former staff rank for them which gives them part of the perks that obsidian rank gives, plus the ability to fly in lobbies or something.

Lunyi

Apr 24, 2022
depends who asks
you know these fiveheads at cube staff can check for how long someone was in TT and then give out ranks to those who were there for a long enough time, right?

maybe if the deletion was discussed with these people then i don't think people would bat an eye on that, just shows how staff treats these people as worthless workforce for their network, they at least deserve some compensation for all the time they spent.
oh no ziax will go bankrupt! this is so sad i'm gonna cry /s

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
No it definitely would cost the company money, 200 people getting a free obsidian rank would mean no ability to gain any money from those 200 people at all and cube does need money at the end of the day, that's why a rank upgrade seems more fair imo especially seen as mods get ranks after being demoted too

• Disagree
Reactions: Rocks1

Lunyi

Apr 24, 2022
depends who asks
No it definitely would cost the company money, 200 people getting a free obsidian rank would mean no ability to gain any money from those 200 people at all and cube does need money at the end of the day, that's why a rank upgrade seems more fair imo especially seen as mods get ranks after being demoted too
for their behavior, no they don't really deserve the money. either hire the translators or give some compensation if you plan on throwing out an entire team like trash to a can

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
for their behavior, no they don't really deserve the money. either hire the translators or give some compensation if you plan on throwing out an entire team like trash to a can
I mean that's not how a company works, you don't just throw away money because you're members tell you to

And I never said I disagreed to an in game compensation, just on a lesser scale

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
throwing out free workforce is not how a company works either but of course a tundra biome child will know better than me, uh huh
Having so many volunteers as a company like CubeCraft in a unique situation as most companies don't have volunteers and therefor I don't think you could compare this to other companies as it doesn't happen; it's a unique problem to CubeCraft

And as you said before; your yearn for CubeCraft to go bankrupt and therefor I don't think your opinion is really valid in terms of making the server better. Outlining feedback about how to treat volunteer teams may be better, if you would want to do that

• Disagree

Rocks1

Apr 5, 2022
Bunny Town
I think a good compromise could be to make a VIP rank, or something like that, which the staff would give to former staff members. The perks of VIP rank could be (for Bedrock) the ability to fly in lobbies, all of the cosmetics unlocked for free (like YT rank, if that doesn't work then maybe 1/2 of the cosmetics) & the ability to vote for every game (like in skywars when you vote for chest loot).

Lunyi

Apr 24, 2022
depends who asks
Having so many volunteers as a company like CubeCraft in a unique situation as most companies don't have volunteers and therefor I don't think you could compare this to other companies as it doesn't happen; it's a unique problem to CubeCraft
for the umpteenth time, if you want people to not feel like crap for being tossed away and getting not even a sorry - hire people instead of relying on a free workforce if you want server to bloom - that's how investing and companies work. if one-man game studios can afford translation, no way ziax can't.

And as you said before; your yearn for CubeCraft to go bankrupt and therefor I don't think your opinion is really valid in terms of making the server better.
1653061168933.png

Outlining feedback about how to treat volunteer teams may be better, if you would want to do that
for the umpteenth time:
- discuss any major changes to teams with the team itself (and i mean INVOLVE EVERYONE POSSIBLE IN THE TEAM, NOT JUST THE HIGHER-UPS)
- definitely don't throw out the entire team out of the blue especially if you didn't offer a dime for their job, or even any sort of benefit yknow?

• Unsure

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
for the umpteenth time, if you want people to not feel like crap for being tossed away and getting not even a sorry - hire people instead of relying on a free workforce if you want server to bloom - that's how investing and companies work. if one-man game studios can afford translation, no way ziax can't.

View attachment 211004

for the umpteenth time:
- discuss any major changes to teams with the team itself (and i mean INVOLVE EVERYONE POSSIBLE IN THE TEAM, NOT JUST THE HIGHER-UPS)
- definitely don't throw out the entire team out of the blue especially if you didn't offer a dime for their job, or even any sort of benefit yknow?

Okay but I think you're mistranslating what I'm saying; I agree that Translators should be compensated with something in game, as I previously said. I also agree that CubeCraft should treat volunteer workers and teams better and maybe they'll learn after the community pointing it out after this recent Translation Team update.

I did disagree with your suggestion that CubeCraft should drive itself into bankruptcy as I find it rather extreme and I also do disagree with giving everyone an obsidian rank as that would be a huge loss in sales for CubeCraft in the future as not only is it a very expensive rank, but you also cant get a rank upgrade after obsidian rank either.

CubeCraft could spend money on a translations team, but what's the point when community members will do it for free? Whether it be by a team, or it be by any community member submitting translations on a website. Whether you disagree with it or not, it's better for CubeCraft to use people for free rather than paying people to do a job. It's just how they choose to treat those people is the problem; and unfortunately they seem to have not gotten that part right quite yet, though maybe in the future

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
This seems like more of a complaint about not receiving something after being made redundant, than a suggestion for in this subforum.

Regardless, I partially agree. Only former Senior Translators should receive an obsidian rank and perhaps with a permanent plus rank along with it.

It is safe to assume that Java Edition ranks make Cube next to nothing when compared to Bedrock Edition

Edit: apparently all Senior Translators have received an upgrade to obsidian as well as four free months of plus. I rest my case 🙇‍♂️

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
well there's the potential to earn a couple thousand off of people if 20-30% of ex-translators decide to get rank upgrades in the next few months/years whereas that would be lost if you hand out 200 obsidian ranks

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

GiGaGekkies wrote on ItzJqlmer's profile.
Gefeliciteerd maatje! <3
GiGaGekkies wrote on Kloska's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Matriox wrote on Kloska's profile.
Quack-tacular Birthday to you, dear duck friend! 🎉 Wishing you a pond full of joy, a sky full of sunshine, and a heart full of love on your special day! May your feathers stay fluffy, your ponds be plentiful, and your quacks be heard far and wide. Here's to another year of waddling adventures and endless smiles! 🦆🎂

I love chat gpt
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Kloska's profile.
Happy birthday 🎈
Lyriie wrote on Kloska's profile.
Happy birthday!
Top Bottom