Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Would you like to see this game on CubeCraft?

• Definitely, I would love to play this game

Votes: 24 44.4%
  • Yeah, I guess

Votes: 14 25.9%
  • I'm not sure

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • Nah, I don't think so

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Please burn this game and never suggest it again

Votes: 4 7.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Manchot999

Novice Member
Dec 27, 2016
Usually I don't like bumpers, but since you worked so hard on balancing this out and getting creative ideas out, I totally support this. Other "deceptive" gamemodes have gained a lot of praise in other servers. I will not mention it to prevent advertising, but if the following roles: "Innocent, Traitor and Detective" ring a bell, you probably know which minigame I'm talking about.

It seems you got some inspiration from the game Town of Salem.

The problem is that most of these kinds of games suffer from the "tick tick tick ur ded" phenomenon. While you're strategising and using complex logic to find out players you should kill, someone comes up behind you and kills you in 3 seconds.

There would be also the problem of new players who think this is Survival Games and kill everyone without reason. The other server I'm talking about has a bot which works quite well to autoban players who kill randomly.

But overall, very good idea.

Hex4Nova

Aug 31, 2015
www.hex4nova.cf
The problem is that most of these kinds of games suffer from the "tick tick tick ur ded" phenomenon. While you're strategising and using complex logic to find out players you should kill, someone comes up behind you and kills you in 3 seconds.
We could double the health for players to make the fight last longer.

There would be also the problem of new players who think this is Survival Games and kill everyone without reason. The other server I'm talking about has a bot which works quite well to autoban players who kill randomly.
A friend of mine is too scared to play that game on the other server you're talking about, because he's one wrong kill away from getting banned. He's not even RDMing, he's just really bad at judging who the traitors are. Beside, the point of the game is to deceive players and hopefully make them kill eachother for maximum efficiency, unlike that game on the other server you're talking about. So instead of checking for the amount of friendly fire, we could check how quickly the players are killing others, e.g. if the player kills a team mate every 30 seconds for 2 minutes, it would be bannable.

Manchot999

Novice Member
Dec 27, 2016
We could double the health for players to make the fight last longer.

A friend of mine is too scared to play that game on the other server you're talking about, because he's one wrong kill away from getting banned. He's not even RDMing, he's just really bad at judging who the traitors are. Beside, the point of the game is to deceive players and hopefully make them kill eachother for maximum efficiency, unlike that game on the other server you're talking about. So instead of checking for the amount of friendly fire, we could check how quickly the players are killing others, e.g. if the player kills a team mate every 30 seconds for 2 minutes, it would be bannable.
That is very smart. I admit I slightly dislike the game from the other server, since you either get killed by an RDMer or a team of traitors in skype call who demolish the whole server all the time. However, your game is more focused on deceiving (hence the name) rather than finding out the evil minority among lots of innocents.

I support this, but it might be complicated to add on a server which is more family friendly, where the players like simple games. But since TD is quite a success, I think it would make it.

Class suggestion, for the people like me sick of getting ambushed:

Gladiator

Starts with a Seal of Honor. Once in a game, this item will be used, and the next time someone hits you with a sword, you are teleported in an arena where both players have full health, to have a 100% fair duel. One-time use item. You have one minute to end the duel or both players will die.

Just an idea, could be very bad...

Having double health would be quite good though.

Last edited:

Hex4Nova

Aug 31, 2015
www.hex4nova.cf
Gladiator

Starts with a Seal of Honor. Once in a game, this item will be used, and the next time someone hits you with a sword, you are teleported in an arena where both players have full health, to have a 100% fair duel. One-time use item. You have one minute to end the duel or both players will die.
Does the item have a cooldown? For example, if the item was activated and no one hits you within 1 minute, does the item simply run out?

Reactions: Manchot999
F

Facelurite

This gladiator thing is interesting. Slightly insane , but as are a lot if things. I'd like to see whether it flops ir not.

Manchot999

Novice Member
Dec 27, 2016
Does the item have a cooldown? For example, if the item was activated and no one hits you within 1 minute, does the item simply run out?
No, it's would be consumed on use, and the next hit you take will activate the effect, no matter if it's in 5 seconds or 15 minutes. You might want to save it for the endgame however, since only the most skilled players will remain at that time.

F

Facelurite

Why have it /tp someone? Just let it surround you and your enemy with glass , like the shield wand from lucky blocks , except bigger.

Hex4Nova

Aug 31, 2015
www.hex4nova.cf
Why have it /tp someone? Just let it surround you and your enemy with glass , like the shield wand from lucky blocks , except bigger.
I'm no expert but I think you need to tag the person you are replying to

No, it's would be consumed on use, and the next hit you take will activate the effect, no matter if it's in 5 seconds or 15 minutes. You might want to save it for the endgame however, since only the most skilled players will remain at that time.
And the deathmatch message is broadcasted to everyone then?

A

A pigeon

Talking to both of you .
Regarding the gladiator kit.

Manchot999

Novice Member
Dec 27, 2016
That is a much better option. That way, other players can see who's fighting, an arena doesn't need to be built, the corpse mechanic isn't confused and the terrain is not always the same.
I'm no expert but I think you need to tag the person you are replying to

And the deathmatch message is broadcasted to everyone then?
It was only a random idea, but I'll explain again with the change Sylvaly suggested.
------------
Gladiator
Special items: 1x Seal of Honor.

The player using this class is no different from the others while the Seal isn't active. The Seal can but right-clicked once per game, which will consume the item. Once this is done, the next hit you take with a sword (so "friendly punches" does't count) will spawn a glass cage around the Gladiator and the attacker and will push other players from the area. Both players will be taken back to full health, and will be given a 5 second grace period. The players must then fight to the death (or not, if it was a mistake, in that case, the players can talk it out). The glass cage disappears after 30 seconds or when one of the players is slain. Once a duel has taken place, the Gladiators has no more special abilities. (Only 1 duel per game)

When a duel occurs, only Veterans receive a message to know it happened.

"[GladiatorName] has challenged [AttackerName] to a duel!" (Once the effect occurs)
"[WinnerName] has won the duel." (When one player is slain)
"The duel took too long, so [GladiatorName] and [AttackerName] were released." (When the 30 second timer expires)

So every fight is normal before the Seal is used. Once it is consumed, the next hit, no matter if it's in 10 seconds or 10 minutes, will trigger the duel. Once the duel has taken place, nothing else special wll happen.
------------
But to get back to the subject, I would love to have this added to Cubecraft, if the players have double health and a random killing prevention. EDIT: You added a voting option, which solves the health problem.

There is a problem which was mentionned earlier, the language and communication issues. If you happen to play TD, you'll notice that often, a teammate will place towers in a very unefficient or messy way, and will simply not respond when you ask them (politely) to remove them.

But I think having multiple language lobbies might split the community for a game which would probably be played by around 100-150 players at once if it were to be released.

I think you should just let it be, as "body language" tells a lot by itself. Also, the chat would probably turn into very simple expressions understood by everyone.

PLAYERNAME class?
Kill PLAYERNAME!
PLAYERNAME team?

And other things like that.

EDIT: It seems you added some new game modifiers. I never really liked the voting options in most games, but those ones are really creative, especially the Great Pestilence.

Last edited:

Hex4Nova

Aug 31, 2015
www.hex4nova.cf
When a duel occurs, only Veterans receive a message to know it happened.
So, only Veterans will get notifications regardless of their distance from the duel, but everyone can watch the duel from outside the glass walls? Does this mean that the Class Interaction messages only shows up for Veterans?

There is a problem which was mentionned earlier, the language and communication issues. If you happen to play TD, you'll notice that often, a teammate will place towers in a very unefficient or messy way, and will simply not respond when you ask them (politely) to remove them.

But I think having multiple language lobbies might split the community for a game which would probably be played by around 100-150 players at once if it were to be released.

I think you should just let it be, as "body language" tells a lot by itself. Also, the chat would probably turn into very simple expressions understood by everyone.
Yeah, that's kinda what I thought. The game is too fast-paced to stand still and type a long message, unlike Town of Salem where you have a lot of time to chat without worrying about getting stabbed in broad daylight. I'm still very uncertain about adding the localization lobbies into the suggestion, as you may have noticed, it's not found in the original post unlike the voting options I had just created yesterday.
A potential suggestion is a quick chat shortcut system, much like the emote system from the also fast-paced game Overwatch. This menu could be accessed from the inventory (because it's unused and you can access it quickly), you can click on items that each carry a message, such as "Confirmed ally!" and "Enemy found!". When an item is clicked, the inventory closes and the chat message is outputted.

Manchot999

Novice Member
Dec 27, 2016
(This little discussion is keeping the thread up, so that's nice)
So, only Veterans will get notifications regardless of their distance from the duel, but everyone can watch the duel from outside the glass walls? Does this mean that the Class Interaction messages only shows up for Veterans?

Exactly. Veterans see the message no matter where they are on the map, but other players need to actually witness it since there is no message. The Class Interaction message is only shown to veterans. The duel is not directly affecting them, but it's affecting the environment so I thought this would fit.

Yeah, that's kinda what I thought. The game is too fast-paced to stand still and type a long message, unlike Town of Salem where you have a lot of time to chat without worrying about getting stabbed in broad daylight. I'm still very uncertain about adding the localization lobbies into the suggestion, as you may have noticed, it's not found in the original post unlike the voting options I had just created yesterday.
A potential suggestion is a quick chat shortcut system, much like the emote system from the also fast-paced game Overwatch. This menu could be accessed from the inventory (because it's unused and you can access it quickly), you can click on items that each carry a message, such as "Confirmed ally!" and "Enemy found!". When an item is clicked, the inventory closes and the chat message is outputted.

That was actually implemented in another server I will not mention. They have a Murder clone there (Seems Bedwars and Murder are the new trend), but with a twist: the muderer has the same ability as the Shape Shifter's one (take up their name and skin and you die intead). In that game, a book is located in the hotbar, which can annouce to all players that you are suspicious of (the nearest player to you) or that you have (nearest player) as a confirmed innocent. You can still type normally in chat, but it works very well and even non English speakers who are at least somewhat dedicated to the game have learnt their signification.

Hex4Nova

Aug 31, 2015
www.hex4nova.cf
(This little discussion is keeping the thread up, so that's nice)
Thanks! <3

Exactly. Veterans see the message no matter where they are on the map, but other players need to actually witness it since there is no message. The Class Interaction message is only shown to veterans. The duel is not directly affecting them, but it's affecting the environment so I thought this would fit.
Ok, I'll add the class. This is the first user-submitted class since I posted the original thread (~6 months ago), wow :O

That was actually implemented in another server I will not mention. They have a Murder clone there (Seems Bedwars and Murder are the new trend), but with a twist: the muderer has the same ability as the Shape Shifter's one (take up their name and skin and you die intead). In that game, a book is located in the hotbar, which can annouce to all players that you are suspicious of (the nearest player to you) or that you have (nearest player) as a confirmed innocent. You can still type normally in chat, but it works very well and even non English speakers who are at least somewhat dedicated to the game have learnt their signification.
Care to send me the IP in private convo? I think I played it before but I forgot the server's name

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Frontlane wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎉
New suggestion coming shortly …
I just realized how friendly and non toxic the CubeCraft community is (unlike other communities)! I never felt this recognized in my life. Never had this many wishes! Thank you all again for the wishes!❤️
Never felt the feeling of recognition 😭
Top Bottom