Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Buckyy

Dec 27, 2019
The Depths
cooltext394629651859166.png
Hi,
On December 26, 2020 Cube introduced Player Profiles which is a GUI after right-clicking on a player.

A GUI is obviously more comfortable than using a text mode in the chat. Many people find it more uncomfortable to do /stats <name> than right-click and see their stats in case they are in public.

It is quite difficult to come up with an idea and to carry it out correctly so that people like it. Which is why this has occurred to me, and I wanted to share my idea with all of you.

The idea is to introduce the friends list in the form of a GUI since the text mode has become quite old and it is not as dynamic as a graphical mode interface.
When you have about 100 people added as friends and you execute the command "/f list", you have to scroll up and down too much to see the person you are looking for.
This is why the GUI mode could be more comfortable when it comes to searching a particular player – due to recognition by their skin as well as preventing scrolling up and down.

There is no need to complain about the removal of the old format. My idea is just an addition to display the friends list in a clearer and more comfortable way. The text format would still be the default when entering Cube for the first time – this GUI is implemented within the "f list" configuration.

I do have to say that the text format is completely fine when you only have 20 friends, however, this isn’t the case for Obsidian rankers who have +100 friends.

cooltext394629731644036.png

When you execute the command "/f list", you will get a gui menu, in which you can see the list of all your friends with their corresponding skins – if you put the cursor over them you will see their level, their rank, and their last time they joined to cube. The first people to appear on the list will be those who are online and ordered alphabetically. Useful things about this: By right clicking you will open a "/f msg" to that person. By left clicking you will invite the person to your party. This is the example that I propose, simply as a sketch, this should be full of heads, depending on the friends you have and the rank, obviously.

The first people to appear on the list will be those who are online and ordered alphabetically.

Useful things about this:
  • By right clicking you will open a "/f msg" to that person.​
  • By left clicking you will invite the person to your party.​
This is the example that I propose, simply as a sketch, this should be full of heads, depending on the friends you have and the rank, obviously.

966f1e1d79a8e44671e1e587dcd023a1.png

In case of having the first list full of friends, you can click on the right arrow to go to the second page.

cooltext394629742796012.png

Using Skript, I have developed this example in order to show my idea more elaborately.

Depending on whether the person is online or offline, this is the format you will see:

40aee9efdd4380659ccbd8c27b81260f.png
c65c5c72ff5bf67016506345c945dfcd.png

In case it comes out green it will mean that that person is online and will tell you where it is located.

In case it comes out red it will mean that that person is offline and will tell you the last time they entered the cube.

Many people do not use LunarClient, so they cannot see the last time that person has connected using "/f list", that would be very useful for people who are interested in knowing when is the last time their friend logged in.

The same thing happens with the level, in my case I do not care to know the level of the person but there are many people, who like and are curious to know the level of their friends, that is why the idea.

cooltext394629769232295.png

What if I want to use the text mode because I like it better than the graphic ❓
  • Nothing, since the settings on your profile will contain the option to activate the gui mode, or the usual text mode.

What if I want to add or delete someone❓
  • The GUI mode will only modify how the friends list is displayed. The text mode will continue to be used for those 2 things since it is inevitable.

Can I use this command in the middle of a game❓
  • Of course, you can use it wherever you want, just like the text mode.

Could you disable the option for people to see last time❓
  • Taking into account that you only have friends added, I do not think it is a problem that they can see the last time you have entered the server, anyway this option could be modifiable in your profile.

cooltext394629778437689.png

If you liked the suggestion, let me know with a :agree:.

If you are unsure, let me know with a :unsure:. (It would be great if you explain/elaborate why)

If you don't like the suggestion, let me know with a :disagree:. (It would be great if you explain/elaborate why)

Thanks to @XiiKa for helping me with concepts of the idea.

Last edited:

Velocidad

Jan 10, 2021
Spain
Congratulations for the good work of this thread, for me of course it is an :agree:I think it looks better and more modern than the actual /f list. Keep up the good work my friend!

• Love
Reactions: XiiKa and Buckyy

Buckyy

Dec 27, 2019
The Depths
Love the idea and if making this feature toggleable, it would be amazing
I'm glad you like it, yeah, the main thing would be that you can choose if one or the other.

I would appreciate if you could give feedback. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: XiiKa

josepadgui

Mar 26, 2021
Cordoba, Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
Hi,
On December 26, 2020 Cube introduced Player Profiles which is a GUI after right-clicking on a player.

A GUI is obviously more comfortable than using a text mode in the chat. Many people find it more uncomfortable to do /stats <name> than right-click and see their stats in case they are in public.

It is quite difficult to come up with an idea and to carry it out correctly so that people like it. Which is why this has occurred to me, and I wanted to share my idea with all of you.

The idea is to introduce the friends’ list in the form of a GUI since the text mode has become quite old and it is not as dynamic as a graphical mode interface.
When you have about 100 people added as friends and you execute the command "/f list", you have to scroll up and down too much to see the person you are looking for.
This is why the GUI mode could be more comfortable when it comes to searching a particular player – due to recognition by their skin as well as preventing scrolling up and down.

There is no need to complain about the removal of the old format. My idea is just an addition to display the friends’ list in a clearer and more comfortable way. The text format would still be the default when entering Cube for the first time – this GUI is implemented within the "f list" configuration.

I do have to say that the text format is completely fine when you only have 20 friends, however, this isn’t the case for Obsidian rankers who have +100 friends.

When you execute the command "/f list", you will get a gui menu, in which you can see the list of all your friends with their corresponding skins – if you put the cursor over them you will see their level, and their last time they joined to cube. The first people to appear on the list will be those who are online and ordered alphabetically. Useful things about this: By right clicking you will open a "/f msg" to that person. By left clicking you will invite the person to your party. This is the example that I propose, simply as a sketch, this should be full of heads, depending on the friends you have and the rank, obviously.

The first people to appear on the list will be those who are online and ordered alphabetically.

Useful things about this:
  • By right clicking you will open a "/f msg" to that person.​
  • By left clicking you will invite the person to your party.​
This is the example that I propose, simply as a sketch, this should be full of heads, depending on the friends you have and the rank, obviously.

In case of having the first list full of friends, you can click on the right arrow to go to the second page.

Using Skript, I have developed this example in order to show my idea more elaborately.

Depending on whether the person is online or offline, this is the format you will see:

View attachment 201034View attachment 201035

In case it comes out green it will mean that that person is online and will tell you where it is located.

In case it comes out red it will mean that that person is offline and will tell you the last time they entered the cube.

Many people do not use LunarClient, so they cannot see the last time that person has connected using "/f list", that would be very useful for people who are interested in knowing when is the last time their friend logged in.

The same thing happens with the level, in my case I do not care to know the level of the person but there are many people, who like and are curious to know the level of their friends, that is why the idea.
What if I want to use the text mode because I like it better than the graphic ❓
  • Nothing, since the settings on your profile will contain the option to activate the gui mode, or the usual text mode.
What if I want to add or delete someone❓
  • The GUI mode will only modify how the friends list is displayed. The text mode will continue to be used for those 2 things since it is inevitable.
Can I use this command in the middle of a game❓
  • Of course, you can use it wherever you want, just like the text mode.
Could you disable the option for people to see last time❓
  • Taking into account that you only have friends added, I do not think it is a problem that they can see the last time you have entered the server, anyway this option could be modifiable in your profile.

If you liked the suggestion, let me know with a :agree:.

If you are unsure, let me know with a :unsure:. (It would be great if you explain/elaborate why)

If you don't like the suggestion, let me know with a :disagree:. (It would be great if you explain/elaborate why)

Thanks to @XiiKa for helping me with concepts of the idea.
That's definitely a good idea to make it easier to check your friends list without scrolling up and down all the time, specially if you have many friends added as you mentioned. That's an :agree: from me.

Reactions: Buckyy and XiiKa

iTBD

Forum Expert
Apr 26, 2020
Bulgaria
Very good suggestion, would love to see it ingame! Though I think it should also have several ways of sorting it, for example by level or maybe by how long ago you've played with someone. I don't know if this is the case right now, but in the past some staff members could have way more friends than obsidian rankers and that would be very useful for them!

Buckyy

Dec 27, 2019
The Depths
Very good suggestion, would love to see it ingame! Though I think it should also have several ways of sorting it, for example by level or maybe by how long ago you've played with someone. I don't know if this is the case right now, but in the past some staff members could have way more friends than obsidian rankers and that would be very useful for them!
Yeah, it would be in a more organized way, and much more aesthetically.

You could modify more things, of course. I'm glad you like it

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

99th_DutchScary wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Thanks for the follow! 💖
marshduck11 wrote on Kloska's profile.
Ducky friend!
10,000 eggs Eggwars - 18/04/2024

image.png
i keep falling through the “forest clearing“ cage whenever i play solo skywars bedrock pls fix im too lazy to make a bug report
Top Bottom