Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Maurice1337

Feb 1, 2018
Germany
Hello Cubecraft Team. You probably do not care what I write anyway, but you can try it. This is just a suggestion, and it would be nice if you could think about this suggestion. There are just too many hackers on Cubecraft server. Of course you can post them in the forum, but that's just too much of a hassle because every Alt Account goes to Cubecraft. Now we come to my suggestion: With you there are only moderators, my suggestion would be that there are "forum moderators" who take care of the forum, and normal "moderators" who only care about Minecraft, just about everything that happens in the game.

Reactions: CheatersDontWin

Snodia

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2015
deep inside my mind...
No thank you. I don't see a reason to have this. There isn't too much activity on the forums, sadly. So it's fairly easy to keep up with. Also, why would the staff want to split themselves up? Plus it would be hell having two different application systems to become some form of staff.

CheatersDontWin

Forum Expert
Jun 25, 2016
Skywars.
www.google.be
I really like this suggestion.
First of all, I don't really think that people - people that commented on this thread - had experience with Forum Moderators before.
I really support this thread because as you said, you have mods that focus with things in-game and then you have mods that focus on things that happens on the forums. Also It would be easier for some mods around here. Since I only see a few commenting on threads and the rest isn't really active on the forums.
The positive thing will be: the community will have a "closer" feeling with the Forum mods, since they talk to the community. Of course, the in-game mods won't give that feeling. But that's their own fault then, they can still post on the forums and make themself into the community.
Last thing: for the ranks, @Snodia . You don't really need to split the ranks since you still have the mod rank called "Moderator", like you have. Just a new rank called "Forum Moderator" should be added. The applications wouldn't be that difficult.
But that's my opinion, of course. :)

Reactions: Maurice1337

Snodia

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2015
deep inside my mind...
First of all, I don't really think that people - people that commented on this thread - had experience with Forum Moderators before.
I personally have never been a moderator for JUST the forums, but that doesn't matter too much because at least some of the staff here try to be decently connected to the community. I know I try to be, but there are times where I don't feel that a response is needed... even if I try to respond to what I can.

I really support this thread because as you said, you have mods that focus with things in-game and then you have mods that focus on things that happens on the forums. Also It would be easier for some mods around here. Since I only see a few commenting on threads and the rest isn't really active on the forums.
Honestly, there's not all that much activity on the forums. I agree that some of them that don't post very often should take some time to say a thing or two.

Last thing: for the ranks, @Snodia . You don't really need to split the ranks since you still have the mod rank called "Moderator", like you have. Just a new rank called "Forum Moderator" should be added. The applications wouldn't be that difficult.
One thing you will notice about Cubecraft is that if someone is a staff member, they are staff on all forms of the network (i.e. Minecraft, Forums, Discord). I still don't believe that split the staff. If they were to hire someone strictly for forums moderation and still have the "server" moderation... is that NOT splitting the staff team? If it isn't then please tell me how, because it looks to me like people are wanting a staff rank without the full workload that the moderation staff has.

CheatersDontWin

Forum Expert
Jun 25, 2016
Skywars.
www.google.be
I personally have never been a moderator for JUST the forums, but that doesn't matter too much because at least some of the staff here try to be decently connected to the community. I know I try to be, but there are times where I don't feel that a response is needed... even if I try to respond to what I can.

Honestly, there's not all that much activity on the forums. I agree that some of them that don't post very often should take some time to say a thing or two.

One thing you will notice about Cubecraft is that if someone is a staff member, they are staff on all forms of the network (i.e. Minecraft, Forums, Discord). I still don't believe that split the staff. If they were to hire someone strictly for forums moderation and still have the "server" moderation... is that NOT splitting the staff team? If it isn't then please tell me how, because it looks to me like people are wanting a staff rank without the full workload that the moderation staff has.
I understand your point of view. And I agree on the fact that people want a rank without doing the full "progress" as a Moderator.
I just never played a server before that didn't had a Forum Moderator - other games then MC - so I don't know any better, I'm used to it and I really liked it.
I have been a Forum Moderator myself when I was staff member on a project and the job was amazing. We had a Forum Mod rank and a Moderator rank itself.
The only difference were the commands for example: a Moderator had more commands such as mute/ban/etc and a Forum Moderator just had a mute command. They also had different tags such as Forum Mod and Mod tag.

Snodia

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2015
deep inside my mind...
I understand your point of view. And I agree on the fact that people want a rank without doing the full "progress" as a Moderator.
I just never played a server before that didn't had a Forum Moderator - other games then MC - so I don't know any better, I'm used to it and I really liked it.
I have been a Forum Moderator myself when I was staff member on a project and the job was amazing. We had a Forum Mod rank and a Moderator rank itself.
The only difference were the commands for example: a Moderator had more commands such as mute/ban/etc and a Forum Moderator just had a mute command. They also had different tags such as Forum Mod and Mod tag.
It's still not something that I wouldn't see as being beneficial on something like Cubecraft. It may be good for some other games/projects, but for a minecraft server where the forums aren't even used as often as could be... it would more than likely be best to just get more overall staff that can be active everywhere.

Reactions: CheatersDontWin

CheatersDontWin

Forum Expert
Jun 25, 2016
Skywars.
www.google.be
It's still not something that I wouldn't see as being beneficial on something like Cubecraft. It may be good for some other games/projects, but for a minecraft server where the forums aren't even used as often as could be... it would more than likely be best to just get more overall staff that can be active everywhere.
I understand that, well thanks for your opinion. :)

Cacuhau

Jul 29, 2018
With Sentinel here, false bans or not, moderators barely actually ban players. Meaning they're mostly moderating the chat. This would only be necessary if their tasks are as good as impossible to complete which isn't the case here.

Once you apply for the helper-moderator function you're aware of the fact that you should be active on both platforms, even Discord. Splitting the ranks will only cause confusion and unnecessary actions.

Ronzo

Dedicated Member
Aug 26, 2016
No thank you. I don't see a reason to have this. There isn't too much activity on the forums, sadly. So it's fairly easy to keep up with. Also, why would the staff want to split themselves up? Plus it would be hell having two different application systems to become some form of staff.
If its so easy to keep up with why was their no staff helping for a whole 4 hours in #Staff help 2 days ago?

Mecha_San

Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2016
Idk why I'm still on this server andf forums. But I like the this suggestion. This could make the staff team more productive.

Snodia

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2015
deep inside my mind...
If its so easy to keep up with why was their no staff helping for a whole 4 hours in #Staff help 2 days ago?
The suggestion wasn't about staff help... it was about the forums, which is fairly easy to keep up with because there is not a ton of activity. Also, the moderation staff are volunteers and also have things to do outside of cubecraft/the internet.

Troublesomee

Forum Veteran
Feb 6, 2016
It will just get messed up. That’s it. There will be in-game moderators on the forums, which doesn’t really sound logical, and the forum moderators will have a forum moderator tag in-game? It just doesn’t sound well and it will only make it messy after all. Some moderators already focus on specific things, so adding another rank is just completely unnecessary.

Reactions: Snodia and elchuii

MoonlightHugs

May 20, 2018
Malta
I guess this could be useful for mods who don't actually play the actual game that much anymore. They wouldn't need to have the responsibility of modding the in-game server, and would instead just be moderating the forums.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Favourite how to tame a dragon movie, shoot.
Reesle wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! Hope you enjoy your stay :)
Reesle wrote on Lucaatjee's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Matriox wrote on Kloska's profile.
day x
99th_DutchScary wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Thanks for the follow! 💖
Top Bottom