Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
Ok, thats it.
I want someone to list EVERY REASON.
In good sentences, in order on how they messed up, I'm sick of random reply to something so dumb.

That's not why so many people want the filter removed in party chat and private messages. Swearing can be used for emphasis to great effect, and is rarely - if ever - going to be used in an offensive context. Because, as you imply yourself, why would somebody swear at their friends? For what it's worth, swearing was originally going to be allowed in party chats when the idea was first proposed.

Moreover, Cubecraft has a very child-friendly and protective atmosphere. Minecraft is, after all, a children's game, and that can be frustrating for the mature audience that Cubecraft has acquired. At the end of the day, if somebody wants to swear, they're going to swear; no filter can stop that. This is not a matter of stopping swearing, but a matter of where we'd rather people swear: controlled party chats, or the public chat.

tl;dr - Mature audiences are being neglected. Swearing would be used for emphasis, not insulting friends. People will swear either way, filter or otherwise, so you may as well give them a private place to do it, thereby keeping it out of the public chat.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
read the beginning of the thread and think again... omg lol dude just. leave

No, I can stay if I want. You clearly have a problem of raging at anyone who doesn't agree.

That's not why so many people want the filter removed in party chat and private messages. Swearing can be used for emphasis to great effect, and is rarely - if ever - going to be used in an offensive context. Because, as you imply yourself, why would somebody swear at their friends? For what it's worth, swearing was originally going to be allowed in party chats when the idea was first proposed.

Moreover, Cubecraft has a very child-friendly and protective atmosphere. Minecraft is, after all, a children's game, and that can be frustrating for the mature audience that Cubecraft has acquired. At the end of the day, if somebody wants to swear, they're going to swear; no filter can stop that. This is not a matter of stopping swearing, but a matter of where we'd rather people swear: controlled party chats, or the public chat.

tl;dr - Mature audiences are being neglected. Swearing would be used for emphasis, not insulting friends. People will swear either way, filter or otherwise, so you may as well give them a private place to do it, thereby keeping it out of the public chat.

Bottom Line: You never need to swear on CubeCraft. Ever. And the fact people are doing that is sad. They need to filter normal chat. And anyone who rages over this. Well... That says something about them.

Shifts

Oct 18, 2017
Somewhere On Earth
No, I can stay if I want. You clearly have a problem of raging at anyone who doesn't agree.

Bottom Line: You never need to swear on CubeCraft. Ever. And the fact people are doing that is sad. They need to filter normal chat. And anyone who rages over this. Well... That says something about them.
but am i talking about a normal chat... if you can clearly read it says party chat and private chat

Reactions: lowkeyProIsMuted

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
You never need to swear on CubeCraft. Ever
Emphasis and freedom. You don't need to swear, sure, just like you don't need to use the chat at all. It's why a mute is regarded as less punishing than a ban; even when muted, you can still access the entire server. You don't need to swear, but it would give a nice dose of freedom to more mature players whilst having few to no consequences. It's all positive, no negative.

And the fact people are doing that is sad
How is swearing sad? Context is very important, and swearing can be used to make your sentences better, or to give them a greater punch.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Emphasis and freedom. You don't need to swear, sure, just like you don't need to use the chat at all. It's why a mute is regarded as less punishing than a ban; even when muted, you can still access the entire server. You don't need to swear, but it would give a nice dose of freedom to more mature players whilst having few to no consequences. It's all positive, no negative.

How is swearing sad? Context is very important, and swearing can be used to make your sentences better, or to give them a greater punch.

You don't need to swear. And if they change this. I'm happy to report anyone for it. Because it's not needed. @Snap the fact YOU think you need context for swearing is just disappointing and sad. And you clearly don't care about what others think because you're looking at this from your AGE'S perspective, not a 12-year-olds. It doesn't matter you don't need it.

@Tacosbefriends wanna add anything?

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
@Snap the fact YOU think you need context for swearing is just disappointing and sad
There's nothing sad about swearing, unless used in an offensive context. You're trying to make a gigantic deal out of words that only have the power the individual assigns to them. I can assure you that it will not be used in an offensive context, because party chats allow you only to invite friends. As Marco and Tacos have both implied, people don't tend to insult their friends.

And you clearly don't care about what others think because you're looking at this from your AGE'S perspective, not a 12-year-olds.
No, I'm looking at it from the perspective of a mature audience, an audience this server is neglecting. For the record, most twelve-year-olds likely wouldn't find much fault in it either, and if they did, they wouldn't associate with people who are going to swear. This is party chat remember, you have to consent to joining it and can leave at a moment's notice.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
There's nothing sad about swearing, unless used in an offensive context. You're trying to make a gigantic deal out of words that only have the power the individual assigns to them. I can assure you that it will not be used in an offensive context, because party chats allow you only to invite friends. As Marco and Tacos have both implied, people don't tend to insult their friends.

No, I'm looking at it from the perspective of a mature audience, an audience this server is neglecting. For the record, most twelve-year-olds likely wouldn't find much fault in it either, and if they did, they wouldn't associate with people who are going to swear. This is party chat remember, you have to consent to join it and can leave at a moment's notice.

You don't need to swear I don't know how to get it through your head.
It's in the rules.
Unless you like to break rules then there should be no reason.
Clearly, they're not good friends or your not a good friend if you or they are swearing.

Shifts

Oct 18, 2017
Somewhere On Earth
You don't need to swear. And if they change this. I'm happy to report anyone for it. Because it's not needed. @Snap the fact YOU think you need context for swearing is just disappointing and sad. And you clearly don't care about what others think because you're looking at this from your AGE'S perspective, not a 12-year-olds. It doesn't matter you don't need it.

@Tacosbefriends wanna add anything?
you havent gave us one good benefit of a filter lol

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
Clearly, they're not good friends or your not a good friend if you or they are swearing.
Emphasis, not offence. We're not saying it will be used to insult people, we're saying it will be used for emphasis.

I just can't get it through my head how crazy this conversation is.

Clearly I'm not convincing you, so let's just agree to disagree.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Emphasis, not offense. We're not saying it will be used to insult people, we're saying it will be used for emphasis.

Clearly, I'm not convincing you, so let's just agree to disagree.

You don't need to say f*** to emphasis s***
You don't need to emphasize ANYTHING!!!
ANYTHING!!!
There is no reason to ever swear. Anyone who swears has a problem. I expected you to understand since you are really good at explaining things and you never swear. But that's cause where on forums. Now I wonder what you say in party chats.

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016

What a surprise, someone who is defending the chat filter has a Reports counter on their forums signature...

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
ANYTHING!!!
You don't need to, no, but it's nice to be able to.

I expected you to understand since you are really good at explaining things and you never swear.
Actually, you're the one that's not understanding me.

Now I wonder what you say in party chats.
I don't use party chats because I have no friends, and have been banned for the past two months or so. Though, sorry to have shattered your godly expectations of me. Clearly we have two widely differing opinions on the matter.

Shifts

Oct 18, 2017
Somewhere On Earth
ANYTHING!!!
There is no reason to ever swear. Anyone who swears has a problem. I expected you to understand since you are really good at explaining things and you never swear. But that's cause where on forums. Now I wonder what you say in party chats.
ANYTHING!!!
if there is no reason to swear why did you just do it huh? this proves that the filters are unnecessary, and btw your getting reported for that

Reactions: lowkeyProIsMuted
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

GiGaGekkies wrote on ballonpuma288's profile.
Happy Birthday
WorriedSkate940 wrote on ballonpuma288's profile.
Happy birthday!!
I LOVE KING GIZZARD AND THE LIZARD WIZARD
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on ballonpuma288's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Reesle wrote on Zelfegor's profile.
Welcome to Official Cubecraft Forums!
Hope you enjoy yourself here :)
Top Bottom