Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wulfiee

Novice Member
Sep 1, 2020
Current problems with the regen

Current regen is fine when you fighting someone but when you are not it takes you 1 minute and 15 seconds total (+-75 seconds) to heal from half a heart to full (10) hearts. Making you wait quite a bit till your next fight as well as making it harder for you to streak and encouraging running.

Past suggestions about it

There were quite a few suggestions about FFA regeneration (most targeting the cleaning problem) such as: give regen after a kill, instant heal to 10 hearts after a kill, etc. All of them failed because of a few reasons the main being that the people who are cleaning would just kill the person with the low hearts get the regeneration and then kill you.

My suggestion to the issue

FFA tracks when you are in combat and when you are not. How about giving regen 1 or 2 to the player while he's not in combat and take it away when he either regenerates to full hearts or enters combat, if this suggestion was implemented it might reduce the amount of running in FFA as well as make it faster paced as well as more enjoyable. Don't think it would change the cleaning problem that much tho 🧐

How it would work
After you kill a player you still have the normal regeneration till you get the "out of combat" message in chat (about 19 seconds later). After that, you receive regeneration 1 or 2.
  • Regeneration 1 would heal you in about 40 seconds (from half a heart to full) with the 19 seconds combat time, in about 21 seconds after the "out of combat" message.
  • Regeneration 2 would heal you in about 26 seconds (from half a heart to full) with the 19 seconds combat time, in about 7 seconds after the "out of combat" message.

To Java players
If you play CubeCraft java FFA please let me know if this would work and help the java server too!

Please let me know your thoughts on this!

Credits to Modulo7 as he also talked about something similar to this a year ago.

Last edited:

Wulfiee

Novice Member
Sep 1, 2020
Forgot to tell but it might nerf wizard kit as well because their regeneration potions won't be as useful anymore

• Agree
Reactions: Silco

Daanfkyy

Sep 6, 2017
Mavoland

Current regen is fine when you fighting someone but when you are not it takes you 1 minute and 15 seconds total (+-75 seconds) to heal from half a heart to full (10) hearts. Making you wait quite a bit till your next fight as well as making it harder for you to streak and encouraging running.

There were quite a few suggestions about FFA regeneration (most targeting the cleaning problem) such as: give regen after a kill, instant heal to 10 hearts after a kill, etc. All of them failed because of a few reasons the main being that the people who are cleaning would just kill the person with the low hearts get the regeneration and then kill you.

FFA tracks when you are in combat and when you are not. How about giving regen 1 or 2 to the player while he's not in combat and take it away when he either regenerates to full hearts or enters combat, if this suggestion was implemented it might reduce the amount of running in FFA as well as make it faster paced as well as more enjoyable. Don't think it would change the cleaning problem that much tho 🧐

How it would work
After you kill a player you still have the normal regeneration till you get the "out of combat" message in chat (about 19 seconds later). After that, you receive regeneration 1 or 2.
  • Regeneration 1 would heal you in about 40 seconds (from half a heart to full) with the 19 seconds combat time, in about 21 seconds after the "out of combat" message.
  • Regeneration 2 would heal you in about 26 seconds (from half a heart to full) with the 19 seconds combat time, in about 7 seconds after the "out of combat" message.

To Java players
If you play CubeCraft java FFA please let me know if this would work and help the java server too!

Credits to Modulo7 as he also talked about something similar to this a year ago.

I think *Regeneration 1 is the best option. that way it makes it faster (because the regeneration time as it sits right now is indeed way too slow) but not too fast, so that it's perfectly balanced (in my opinion.

Tiimbae

May 13, 2020

How it would work

To Java players

I really like this idea, I think regeneration 1 will be perfect for this, in this way it won't nerf wizard, that still has regeneration 2 and will make the out of combat waiting much shorter.

zMigi_

Jun 1, 2017
AmigoLand
zmigi.ca
Pronouns
They/Them
I think regeneration one would be the best option. Option 2 is to op in my opinion

but I also think the "instant heal to 10 hearts after a kill" would still be a considerable idea we can come up with a way to deal with cleaners :heart:

• Unsure

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
but I also think the "instant heal to 10 hearts after a kill" would still be a considerable idea we can come up with a way to deal with cleaners :heart:
If you allow someone to clean you up, you deserve it. If a cleaner is coming in, this is a good indicator of when you should bail out of a fight early. There is no need to have an instant heal on kill.

To OP: special case: what if you're fleeing from your pursuer and then you get the "out of combat" message? From human POV, you're still in a fight.

Silco

Forum Expert
Jan 28, 2021
CubeCraft, Blockwars Bridges
Pronouns
He/Him
If you allow someone to clean you up, you deserve it. If a cleaner is coming in, this is a good indicator of when you should bail out of a fight early. There is no need to have an instant heal on kill.

To OP: special case: what if you're fleeing from your pursuer and then you get the "out of combat" message? From human POV, you're still in a fight.
But.. What about in the cases where you get mobbed up? Then it’s not your fault if you die surely? And if you fight multiple players then this is useful

Reactions: spirit wetpaint

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
But.. What about in the cases where you get mobbed up? Then it’s not your fault if you die surely? And if you fight multiple players then this is useful
Most 1vs2+ fights occur if you're bold enough to attack/provoke a group of players or if you've killed the same players enough times for them to form a truce against you. If you pick fights like these and don't have a plan B when things go south, you're entirely at fault.

Sometimes you get the unfortunate ganker who joins a 1v1. Either way, if you get ganged up, your best options would then be these:
  • Never fight multiple players head-on especially in melee. This is a sure way to die.
  • Retreat to a chokepoint such as a cliffside or lava where you can use environmental damage.
  • (Archer only) Apply pressure with the bow as you retreat. With the bow, it's much easier to keep pursuers pinned as they either have to take cover (thus giving you a chance to escape) or make the jump to you (thus allowing you to knock them into hazards). Archer is one of the best kits to take on teams, but it has a higher skill cap than the other kits.
  • If you're against speedy opponents like wizard and samurai, you want to separate them from the others as much as possible. Fortunately, their speed 2 works against their teammates as they will come up ahead of everyone else. If you're not archer, retreat like usual until they're almost within range and then melee them as fast as you can. If you're an archer, shoot them accurately while still retreating to take them out of the fight ASAP. However, if you have a chokepoint, then their speed can't be used against you.
  • And most importantly, always pay attention to what your opponents are doing. If they split up individually (especially if they want to try to cut you off), you can use that opportunity to take on 1 opponent at a time before the other(s) realize their mistake.

EDIT: Grammar.

Last edited:
  • Agree

Silco

Forum Expert
Jan 28, 2021
CubeCraft, Blockwars Bridges
Pronouns
He/Him
Most 1vs2+ fights occur if you're bold enough to attack/provoke a group of players or if you've killed the same players enough times for them to form a truce against you. If you pick fights like these and don't have a plan B when things go south, you're entirely at fault.

Sometimes you get the unfortunate ganker who joins a 1v1. Either way, if you get ganged up, your best options would then be these:
  • Never fight multiple players head-on especially in melee. This is a sure way to die.
  • Retreat to a chokepoint such as a cliffside or lava where you can use environmental damage.
  • (Archer only) Apply pressure with the bow as you retreat. With the bow, it's much easier to keep pursuers pinned as they either have to take cover (thus giving you a chance to escape) or make the jump to you (thus allowing you to knock them into hazards). Archer is one of the best kits to take on teams, but it has a higher skill cap than the other kits.
  • If you're against speedy opponents like wizard and samurai, you want to separate them from the others as much as possible. Fortunately, their speed 2 works against their teammates as they will come up ahead of everyone else. If you're not archer, retreat like usual until they're almost within range and then melee them as fast as you can. If you're an archer, shoot them accurately while still retreating to take them out of the fight ASAP. However, if you have a chokepoint, then their speed can't be used against you.
  • And most importantly, always pay attention to what your opponents are doing. If they split up individually (especially if they want to try to cut you off), you can use that opportunity to take on 1 opponent at a time before the other(s) realize their mistake.

EDIT: Grammar.
Ok I just meant that scenario when a couple of players target you when they recognise you, as that is annoying. Other than that, really nice guide! You should write one on Battle Arena in general

Reactions: spirit wetpaint

Wulfiee

Novice Member
Sep 1, 2020
I think *Regeneration 1 is the best option. that way it makes it faster (because the regeneration time as it sits right now is indeed way too slow) but not too fast, so that it's perfectly balanced (in my opinion.
Yeh, pretty sure regeneration 1 would work the best as regeneration 2 is just way too fast imo.

• Agree

Wulfiee

Novice Member
Sep 1, 2020
I think regeneration one would be the best option. Option 2 is to op in my opinion

The only way I see that working is if CubeCraft implemented damage dealt to a player percentage, and then give instant health to the player who dealt the most damage after the player is killed, tho yet again this would come with some flaws.

• Agree

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Ok I just meant that scenario when a couple of players target you when they recognise you, as that is annoying. Other than that, really nice guide! You should write one on Battle Arena in general
That's what happens when opponents find you as a mutual opponent.

Thanks! Thing is that most of the players I see in FFA prefer melee and I believe that is due to the big ego of fighting "fairly" with melee only.

Wulfiee

Novice Member
Sep 1, 2020
Two more positive votes and this is gonna get forwarded! Surprisingly no negative votes either 😅

• Love

Cyanlloyd

Feb 8, 2020
This is better than getting hearts if you kill someone, ‘cause cleaners don’t get additional benefits if they steal a kill

Herbubulle

Jul 3, 2020
The JOJOLands
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him

How it would work

To Java players

oh nice 26 agree 👀

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
GiGaGekkies wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday
Saw this comment on YT the other day 🤣
IMG_5254.jpeg
Here's the scoreboard I made for BedWars Duos! (Team colors I used may not be used in the actual game)
1713525398483.png
Reesle wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎉
Top Bottom