Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

ShIXTank

Jul 3, 2016
Hello.
As I've always stated in almost every thread I made on the forums, FFA is my main game. I've recently rejoined and noticed that the amount of hackers drastically decreased, alongside this, people who enjoy try-harding with wizard, still abuse the bug stated in the title.

Why am I calling this a bug that isn't supposed to occur?

Recently, after years of testifying the pity behaviour of this kind of players, I decided to make an official bug report that was handled and forwarded to the development team.
This mean, that what has been happening for years was finally recognized as a bug.

Bug Explaination

During FFA sessions, experienced players enjoy to use Wizard class, not just because it heavily outgears all the other classes, but because it's incredibly easy to boost your stats without dying. While they are in combat and realize they stand no chance of survival, they throw their last splash damage potion in order to suicide. This is basically an exploit of the ffa command /kill , which can only be used when out of combat. As already stated It's very hard to kill a full potted wizard, but if you manage to take all their HPs down, your work will be vain, they suicide themselves with splash potion and the kill won't be assigned to you, they won't have the death on the scoreboard and last but not least they respawn with all the equipment restored and kill you.

Short time remedy

As already told, the bug is being handled by the Dev team.
In the meantime my suggestion is to make it illegal, allowing the playerbase to report anyone who still abuses it as long as it doesn't get fixed.

Best regards
ShIXTank

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
I don't think making it punishable is a great idea. It's an AoE attack, so plenty of players might end up killing themselves accidentally; it'll be impossible to fairly moderate. I always saw this as a valid strategy personally, albeit a petty one. Probably good that it's being patched by the dev team, though.

ShIXTank

Jul 3, 2016
I don't think making it punishable is a great idea. It's an AoE attack, so plenty of players might end up killing themselves accidentally; it'll be impossible to fairly moderate. I always saw this as a valid strategy personally, albeit a petty one. Probably good that it's being patched by the dev team, though.
It's blatant when you see someone abusing it, it's not difficult to moderate this, considering that's literally the only way some people die, and you can easily distinguish when someone uses it to suicide or either kill the opponent.
However, thanks for the feedback

Dudu

Apr 16, 2019
It's not a bug abuse because it isn't a bug, it's built into minecraft that you can damage yourself with potions. You used to be able to do the same thing with bows, and devs patched it out. I'm not sure if they will patch wizard pots, but doing it is not punisheable, since it's a valid tactic, because it relies on minecraft mechanics, not the abuse of a bug.

ShIXTank

Jul 3, 2016
but doing it is not punisheable, since it's a valid tactic, because it relies on minecraft mechanics, not the abuse of a bug.
That is why I suggested to make it punishable, however you want to call this, it doesn't change anything.
I'd say loophole is the right term, considering that even if it relies on minecraft mechanics, it's still not supposed to happen, since it allows you to suicide while in combat.
If that's a valid tactic what's the purpose of the command "/kill" which can only be used out of combat? The answer is that it isn't a valid tactic because even if it relies on a minecraft mechanic, it's still abused as a loophole to bypass the "/kill" command, totally nullifying how ffa should work, kills and getting killed. Imagine if everyone used that class and start suiciding themselves as soon as they are down to 4/3 HPs, would be fun right?

Dudu

Apr 16, 2019
That is why I suggested to make it punishable, however you want to call this, it doesn't change anything.
I'd say loophole is the right term, considering that even if it relies on minecraft mechanics, it's still not supposed to happen, since it allows you to suicide while in combat.
If that's a valid tactic what's the purpose of the command "/kill" which can only be used out of combat? The answer is that it isn't a valid tactic because even if it relies on a minecraft mechanic, it's still abused as a loophole to bypass the "/kill" command, totally nullifying how ffa should work, kills and getting killed. Imagine if everyone used that class and start suiciding themselves as soon as they are down to 4/3 HPs, would be fun right?
Yes it's a loophole, but i feel like that is the spirit of FFA, as long as you aren't cheating or abusing a bug you can use every single dirty advantage to your benefit, and abusing those advantages is what makes FFA fun. If FFA was just a bunch of 1v1s happening at the same time it would be nowhere near as fun. Yes someone killng themselves so you don't get a kill is annoying, but it's part of what makes the game fun. I don't mind if they patch it out, but if it's there people should be able to use it

• Angry
Reactions: Ferbook3000

ParkourCanadian

Novice Member
Sep 17, 2020
The United Nations of Planet Canada
Yes it's a loophole, but i feel like that is the spirit of FFA, as long as you aren't cheating or abusing a bug you can use every single dirty advantage to your benefit, and abusing those advantages is what makes FFA fun. If FFA was just a bunch of 1v1s happening at the same time it would be nowhere near as fun. Yes someone killng themselves so you don't get a kill is annoying, but it's part of what makes the game fun. I don't mind if they patch it out, but if it's there people should be able to use it

I trust that the dev team does what they say they will fix/balance. I hope they begin working on it too, but I don't really play these games nearly as much as even casual players do. Although I don't have much experience here, as always, I'm willing to take a jab at it!

ShIXTank

Jul 3, 2016
but i feel like that is the spirit of FFA
abusing those advantages is what makes FFA fun
Yes someone killng themselves so you don't get a kill is annoying, but it's part of what makes the game fun

How wrong can you be in a scale from 1 to 10? Would be fun if everyone used this method?

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
How wrong can you be in a scale from 1 to 10? Would be fun if everyone used this method?
No, it wouldn't. Thats not the point though. There are lots of strategies to use. Even if some of them are annoying, they are still legit. Another good example of this is bow spammers in eggwars.

Aside from this, I agree with everything that Sophie and Duduu said.

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Screenshot 2024-04-27 012708.png

what-? I won 1st place but then got 2nd place...?
GiGaGekkies wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy Birthday
Playing SkyBlock with my boyfriend almost feels like therapy. Just chilling around and finishing quests :))))
Basketman wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow Pro Rocket player.
JokeKaedee wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy birthday <3
Top Bottom