• Total voters

TheJeroen

Forum Veteran
Dec 6, 2015
the Netherlands
www.planetminecraft.com
Bows are there to help create a strategy
A strategy campers use.
Punch bows can be bad in camping, I've experienced the most stubborn form of camping. But when someone's camping with a punch bow, you use one too!
I refuse to play that weak like others do. I don't use bows so people can actually have fun in a game.
If it were removed to "balance" it, power bows would be dominant and it would be 20x harder to bridge to a camper since you need to take lots of time regenning & checking on your armor durability.
Golden Apples, 2 Gold each :eek: wow mind blown

awesomebutter234

Jun 12, 2016
oh my lord... Why do people think melee is the most dominant skill to win? In games like eggwars or skywars using a proper strategy is the best way to kill someone.
Tell me, which is the first weapon you are most likely to get in any of these gamemodes? Which is the weapon that you are most likely going to use from the begginning until the end?Which is the weapon that you will need to strategize with from the beggining until late mid half? I'll tell you, any melee weapons. You don't know how to use a melee weapon and you are like a fish out of water.
"THE SWORD ISN'T A STRATEGY"
"STEAK ISN'T A STRATEGY"
"PICKAXES AREN'T STRATEGY"
Steak are the best non-gold using food item, so buying a bunch of them whenever possible is a good strategy. With the sword you could either dance around your opponent and hit them, constantly crit them, or keep pushing them back due to the sword's attack speed. Pickaxes as stated by @Nobody. can be used to spleef people making them a pretty valuable strategy.
The punch bow however, is like a cheap version of the bow since it can insta kill someone that just got back luck with the punch knockback, or died to some noob getting 1 shot while you were on the ground and then etting shot again while you were in the air.
20x harder to bridge to a camper since you need to take lots of time regenning & checking on your armor durability.
Keep in mind, they need to regen, and check their armor durability aswell. Only difference being that they are less likely to be able to knock you off your bridge, or die to some random bow spamming noob.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Tell me, which is the first weapon you are most likely to get in any of these gamemodes? Which is the weapon that you are most likely going to use from the begginning until the end?Which is the weapon that you will need to strategize with from the beggining until late mid half? I'll tell you, any melee weapons
In eggwars you don't have access to bows at the beginning, or any ranged item for that matter. In skywars, It's definitely snowballs/eggs that are the most useful early on.

Steak are the best non-gold using food item, so buying a bunch of them whenever possible is a good strategy. With the sword you could either dance around your opponent and hit them, constantly crit them, or keep pushing them back due to the sword's attack speed. Pickaxes as stated by @Nobody. can be used to spleef people making them a pretty valuable strategy.
The punch bow however, is like a cheap version of the bow since it can insta kill someone that just got back luck with the punch knockback, or died to some noob getting 1 shot while you were on the ground and then etting shot again while you were in the air.
I wasn't actually being serious with what I said there, What I was implying is that a single item is not a strategy, It's how you use the item and the purpose of using it.
And the punch bow being a "cheap insta kill" Is completely inaccurate. Why is someone a noob when they kill you with a "lucky" arrow?
If they know how to use the bow and shoot people off, they have at least some degree of skill. Punch bows were implemented to make people bridge allot more carefully as the game progresses. I'm guessing it's to prevent complete ultra noobs getting carried while he/she's messing about

Keep in mind, they need to regen, and check their armor durability aswell.
The only difference is: They have a villager they can get to in a maximum of 10 seconds while you're at mid bridging to them with limited resources. You'd have to go back to get more and by the time you get them they may have come over, tnt'ed the bridge and repeat what they've been doing.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
A strategy campers use.
Oh so JUST because campers use it it's bad? Shame.
I refuse to play that weak like others do. I don't use bows so people can actually have fun in a game.
"People can actually have fun" People referring to the campers that you hate? Just because they use a punch bow doesn't make it a horrible item.
Golden Apples, 2 Gold each :eek: wow mind blown
Golden apples are easy to carry around.
Armor on the other hand, takes up 4 slots per set. Those 4 slots could be used for other items like more blocks, back up shields or special items like TnT.
The reason that they have the advantage is because they're most likely camping on their island, which means they have a villager they can get to within 10 seconds and restock their arrows/armor with no risk. As I said above:

You'd have to go back to get more and by the time you get them they may have come over, tnt'ed the bridge and repeat what they've been doing.

awesomebutter234

Jun 12, 2016
It's definitely snowballs/eggs that are the most useful early on.
Unlike the punch bow, these alternatives require a lot more skill since you need to know when to use it, but a punch bow you can shoot a person off that is 4-3 blocks away(from edge) from a distance with one shot.
Why is someone a noob when they kill you with a "lucky" arrow?
Because in order to get said lucky arrow, you would need to be bowspamming in order to hit those arrows in that amount of time. Which if you didn't know(which is alarming) bowspamming takes around 0-1% skill, 50% luck, and 49% cramming a bunch of arrows in your inventory.
Punch bows were implemented to make people bridge allot more carefully as the game progresses.
Normal power bows don't do this? Pretty sure any projectile can scare anyone into not building a bridge.
The only difference is: They have a villager they can get to in a maximum of 10 seconds while you're at mid bridging to them with limited resources. You'd have to go back to get more and by the time you get them they may have come over, tnt'ed the bridge and repeat what they've been doing.
2 words: Come prepared. It's your fault if you are lacking blocks or arrows when you knew you would be assualting one of the islands, if you get what you need you most likely won't need to go back.(armor I understand, but then again you are assaulting campers). Also if you are close enough that they can tnt you staircase up(safely) and jump on their island.

TheJeroen

Forum Veteran
Dec 6, 2015
the Netherlands
www.planetminecraft.com
#TheSaltIsOver9000
I don't think you know the propper meaning when you can call a person salty.
Oh so JUST because campers use it it's bad? Shame.
Even if it's not a Camper, the Punch bow is just annoying and some toxic waste in the shop. It ruins the fun of any fight and any game in EggWars to exist when used. Power Bows don't knock you 'X' blocks away and all you have to do to prevent damadge is just either place a few blocks and eat a golden apple. And no placing sandstone won't help against punch bows.
Golden apples are easy to carry around.
Armor on the other hand, takes up 4 slots per set. Those 4 slots could be used for other items like more blocks, back up shields or special items like TnT.
The reason that they have the advantage is because they're most likely camping on their island, which means they have a villager they can get to within 10 seconds and restock their arrows/armor with no risk. As I said above:
I barely make 2 sets of armour in Normal. I never do. Why would you care about 4 or 8 slots that are taken by armour?
All you need is a Weapon (1slot), A pickaxe (2 slots), 2x food (4 slots), 2 or 3x blocks (7 slots), a bow if you can't play the game (8 slots), arrows if you bowspam 4x (12 slots) and maybe 6 slots for extra items. So 18+ 8 slots makes it 24 slots that are filled, and you complain armour takes too much space?

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
Unlike the punch bow, these alternatives requirre a lot more skill since you need to know when to use it, but a punch bow you can shoot a person off that is 4-3 blocks away from a distance with one shot.
Snoballs / eggs can be allot more dangerous as they can be spammed in a very short time with almost unstoppable knockback, A punch bow requires at least a small amount of predicting where the player will go.
Because in order to get said lucky arrow, you would need to be bowspamming in order to hit those arrows in that amount of time. Which if you didn't know(which is alarming) bowspamming takes around 0-1% skill, 50% luck, and 49% cramming a bunch of arrows in your inventory.
I agree that it takes little to no skill, But that's only to land the first shot. I've been in many games where I've gotten shot 0 times when they try to bowspam. The way to negate that is to strafe in an unpredictable way (I know I sound very tryhard using the word "strafe)
If you want a continuous line of punch bow shots, you need to have a bit more skill to predict it at the right times

Normal power bows don't do this? Pretty sure any projectile can scare anyone into not building a bridge.
I wouldn't be that scared bridging if someone was shooting me with a power bow. A punch bow is almost a guaranteed death when getting shot at the right angle while bridging.
A power bow doesn't deal a load of knockback so it's not too deadly as even the slightest angle won't kill you unlike punch bows.
( This is making them sound unbalanced, isn't it...)
It's your fault if you are lacking blocks or arrows when you knew you would be assualting one of the islands, if you get what you need you most likely won't need to go back
Hindsight isn't a very god tip...

I'll let you counter my arguments once more and I'll leave you with the last word.
But my end-conclusion is: Removing punch bows from eggwars would make the game be played in a completely different way.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
I don't think you know the propper meaning when you can call a person salty.

Even if it's not a Camper, the Punch bow is just annoying and some toxic waste in the shop. It ruins the fun of any fight and any game in EggWars to exist when used. Power Bows don't knock you 'X' blocks away and all you have to do to prevent damadge is just either place a few blocks and eat a golden apple. And no placing sandstone won't help against punch bows.

I barely make 2 sets of armour in Normal. I never do. Why would you care about 4 or 8 slots that are taken by armour?
All you need is a Weapon (1slot), A pickaxe (2 slots), 2x food (4 slots), 2 or 3x blocks (7 slots), a bow if you can't play the game (8 slots), arrows if you bowspam 4x (12 slots) and maybe 6 slots for extra items. So 18+ 8 slots makes it 24 slots that are filled, and you complain armour takes too much space?
i don't think you know the proper use of something called a JOKE gosh

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
a bow if you can't play the game
So you'd rather face a 10v1 in rome when all of them have iron gear and you have leather with melee instead of bows?
Using a bow doesn't make you bad at the game, in fact it actually makes you better than the average player if you've got the accuracy.
You can have the last word as I'm a bit tired of this topic

TheJeroen

Forum Veteran
Dec 6, 2015
the Netherlands
www.planetminecraft.com
You can have the last word as I'm a bit tired of this topic
Like I am looking foreward to a discussion about Punch Bows.
So you'd rather face a 10v1 in rome when all of them have iron gear and you have leather with melee instead of bows?
Using a bow doesn't make you bad at the game, in fact it actually makes you better than the average player if you've got the accuracy.
Now that is different. 10 Players will full iron on rome against a punch bow spammers? Jeez you can even split up in 3 groups and make 3 bridges so the spammer has to focus on multiple targets, with each bridge having a support that helps the one building and the other 2 people can just fire back with a bow aswell.

Reactions: Qin Shihuangdi

awesomebutter234

Jun 12, 2016
Snoballs / eggs can be allot more dangerous as they can be spammed in a very short time with almost unstoppable knockback, A punch bow requires at least a small amount of predicting where the player will go.
At least snowballs can't be used to lock someone in place, and deal damage like punch bows(bow lock).
I agree that it takes little to no skill, But that's only to land the first shot. I've been in many games where I've gotten shot 0 times when they try to bowspam. The way to negate that is to strafe in an unpredictable way (I know I sound very tryhard using the word "strafe)
I am going to go out on a limb and say that at least 35% of the time all it takes is the first shot. If they can't land bow shots during bow spam then they are very nooby, strafing does nothing if they hit you once since the knockback will push you back in a straight-ish line which allows for a follow-up shot.
If you want a continuous line of punch bow shots, you need to have a bit more skill to predict it at the right times
As I stated before, once you get hit with one punch arrow you strafe is broken since the it knocks you back in a straight ish line making the next shot easier to predict.(and this can stack to death)
( This is making them sound unbalanced, isn't it...)
And now you see why this thread was created. :/
Hindsight isn't a very god tip...
Hindsight isn't a good tip, but considering how many instances of campers you are bound to meet on your eggwar ventures, keeping this in mind will help you in the future.
Removing punch bows from eggwars would make the game be played in a completely different way.
And that way could either be for the worse or for the better, we don't know.

Also @jollow250 you do realize @DontYouDare is a mod and not an admin right?

Reactions: Qin Shihuangdi

Pandrai

Dedicated Member
Jul 20, 2016
the desert
Ok ok, there are many people who want to keep the punch bow and others who want to get it removed...how about either a punch bow that costs 96 diamonds(a stack and a half) or, if possible through coding, a punch 1/2 bow that only punches u back 1.5-2 blocks(I have no idea what the regular punch bow does)

Caboozled_Pie

Sep 5, 2016
CubeCraft Forums
www.cubecraft.net
Sounds like the people complaining about punch bows are just bad at comabting them. You can get shields. Also its about using the playing field correctly and gaining higher ground. Melee fighting isnt everything in minecraft. Its the complete package, use the tools at hand to win, don't play to how somebody elsewants you to play, thats just silly.
Also, I agree with what davidhamron said.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
Ok ok, there are many people who want to keep the punch bow and others who want to get it removed...how about either a punch bow that costs 96 diamonds(a stack and a half) or, if possible through coding, a punch 1/2 bow that only punches u back 1.5-2 blocks(I have no idea what the regular punch bow does)
That would make them too expensive and nobody would use them
Half a punch bow would be almost the same as a regular bow

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I may or may not have bought 6 Birthday Bundles (used one on myself) and I may or may not do a Giveaway for 1 soon 😉
IMG_5319.png
ImLeave wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome!
CrystalLegend01 wrote on savina875's profile.
Thank you for the follow! And welcome to the Forums
MrTommy wrote on Eli's profile.
So ypy finally admitting im good at something :D
Screenshot_20240425_224822_Samsung Internet.jpg
Reesle wrote on The NightGhost02's profile.
Happy Birthday!! 🥳
Top Bottom