Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
What I meant is: some cheaters act like they are legit in their appeal. Some of them convince us and get unbanned. Which means we think they are legit when they are actually not, and we give them cubelets when they shouldn't be getting them

I wouldn't mind having a message :) I just disagree with the 'giving cubelets' part
Yeah and that's why the rewards shouldn't be too big. Giving out small rewards to those who shouldn't be getting them is no big deal, because they don't matter a lot. I think you took the rewards in the form of cubelets too literally though (same applies to you @Technosword).
So my suggestion is to add a small reward and a message saying something like "Hey there!- We are very sorry for falsely banning you and would like to give you a small compensation like a couple of cubelets for this mistake.
Like indicates that it's not definite, it's just an example.
I think giving people Cubelet could cause a lot of spam in staff help and on the server. It would be such a process and cause problems if people who were banned ask for compensation because we give it to some players. I think unbanning false bans is enough because most people will just be glad they were unbanned.
I don't really think it'd be a problem if the reward would be kept small; I don't think anyone's gonna complain in #staff-help to get a message saying that you're sorry and a very small reward.

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
I mean, we would probably get a lot of requests for compensation even on non-false banned people.
I don't think so. Even if it's just the message, the thought remains. You gotta understand that it isn't the reward that matters, it's just cube admitting its mistake, which I've been trying to tell you all the time.
Btw Sprout I'll probably reply to you tomorrow, I can't write long messages using my phone xP

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
I don't think so. Even if it's just the message, the thought remains. You gotta understand that it isn't the reward that matters, it's just cube admitting its mistake, which I've been trying to tell you all the time.
Btw Sprout I'll probably reply to you tomorrow, I can't write long messages using my phone xP
I see your point, Cubecraft should definitely at least write a message for false bans.

maflenoo

Dedicated Member
May 2, 2017
Egypt
Pronouns
He/Him
I was confused between acceptance and rejection. Between someone who cheats and gets his ban removed, then gets the cubelets, and someone who has falsely banned waits for several days, and may not get compensation!

However, I support the idea of compensation, since waiting more than 24 hours without removing the ban or even reviewing it is considered a wasting time for players.

I believe that this proposal should be adopted to compensate for many of those who did wrong and waited nearly a month for their ban to be removed.

Most of my friends have been banned unjustly. One of them was banned permanently twice, the other was banned twice a month, the third was banned once, and the last one was unjustly banned and its ban was removed and banned again unjustly two days ago, and there is no response yet from the staff!

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
It’d be impossible to exploit for free stuff as I think it’d be hard to purposely get false banned. Only thing I’m worried about it a possible spam of people asking for compensation if we give it to some.

Reactions: wxzzrd

Meiske

Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2017
The Netherlands
www.planetminecraft.com
I disagree with this, I dont think players should be 'rewarded' just because they get false banned. Inconveniences happen all the time on the server, doesn't mean that you should be giving players free cubelets.
If you had a plus rank and got falsely banned the system should automatically give you back that time you lost so you're not losing your money because of a bug.
Really love this idea though, it's only fair.

Reactions: Eli

ZeroResistance

Novice Member
Nov 26, 2016
netherlands
really good suggestion!
i think this will make a big change to the cummunity.💯

it also happened to me while i was playing FFA and i agree it doesn't feel good because you know you did nothing wrong.😕

Jul 22, 2019
www.youtube.com
Currently banned for 30 days for something I didn't do, however had no video evidence to prove otherwise.

Honestly, the only thing you can do is record most of the time in case stuff like this happens to you.
I just want to play the game again, that's all, I think that's enough compensation, to be unbanned before your ban was meant to end.
Giving away cubelets or other items/exp is kind of a bad idea in my opinion, and other users have mentioned above, it is easily abusable.

No one should get special treatment, the compensation is an early unban, sometimes it can even be a good thing to be banned, you will find other things to do and you can take a small break off the server, most players come back if they truly enjoy the server, which is the type of players that make this community great.

Tl;dr:
bad idea, abusable, you get an early unban, that's compensation enough.

Reactions: Eli and wxzzrd
May 19, 2020
under the sea
At first i agreed with this idea, but it just feels wrong after i read other's reply. I don't really think it is necessary to give compensation to people who are falsely banned. I don't think they would mind that much since they could do other things during their ban but i still think an apology is needed. There aren't much things in the world that is fair, but the staff members are doing the best they can do to keep cubecraft as fair as possible. By adding this, it might make it worse as this will encourage hackers to hack and then appeal, and it would be nonsense if they get rewards for hacking. They might even do it again or tell their friends to do it. Since cubecraft is still improving, i think this problem will decrease/be gone soon.

Btw sorry for the bad english XD

ChiefAaron

Aug 15, 2020
At first i agreed with this idea, but it just feels wrong after i read other's reply. I don't really think it is necessary to give compensation to people who are falsely banned. I don't think they would mind that much since they could do other things during their ban but i still think an apology is needed. There aren't much things in the world that is fair, but the staff members are doing the best they can do to keep cubecraft as fair as possible. By adding this, it might make it worse as this will encourage hackers to hack and then appeal, and it would be nonsense if they get rewards for hacking. They might even do it again or tell their friends to do it. Since cubecraft is still improving, i think this problem will decrease/be gone soon.

Btw sorry for the bad english XD
Same for me when I started reading the replies. Even though there will always be people who get false banned, as well as people who deserved it, it would encourage people, even hackers to go an apply for these rewards. The new sentinal banning system looks like it has just started to begin, so I hope that it continues to go well, and makes necessary changes and updates to it.

Exarpo

Jun 29, 2019
I agree with this suggestion. The reward wouldn't need to be big, just some small reward so the player feels a bit better after the frustration caused by a false ban.

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Happy birthday pinky! 🎉🥳
UncleSpect wrote on Dajidus's profile.
Happy birthday!
UncleSpect wrote on Semyon Karasev's profile.
Happy birthday!
UncleSpect wrote on adrian525pl's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Top Bottom