Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Hi, small suggestion here!

A friend of mine's been falsely banned by sentinel and that kind of got me thinking. False bans cause a lot of inconvenience and confusion because they don't know what they did wrong and make people get fed up with Cube because they aren't able to play for a certain amount of time, while they didn't cheat at all.

So my suggestion is to add a small reward and a message saying something like "Hey there!- We are very sorry for falsely banning you and would like to give you a small compensation like a couple of cubelets for this mistake. We hope it won't happen again!" (Not the way it should be worded but it's just an example)

"but this has been suggested a million times before!", yes it has been, but I feel like it's time to change this because Cube should be nicer to those who've been falsely banned by sentinel. The rewards don't have to be big, like I said, a couple of cubelets could be fine, but the main message to the player should be that you're very sorry for the mistake you made.

After all, every player you ban falsely is a player who might leave the community that your server exists of, so you should show that you care for them and cherish them because they are the reason your server is as big as it is right now! The players make the community thus the server.

"but people will try to abuse this by getting falsely banned and claiming the rewards!1" Perhaps, but I don't think getting a couple of (super) cubelets is worth getting banned for a couple of days and waiting until your appeal gets accepted. I don't really consider this a valid argument xP

Thanks for reading and have a great day,
~Remmie
Credits to @Nyawh and @Anneum c:

Last edited:

Finixly

Forum Expert
Jun 17, 2018
Beverly Hills
Hii, I absolutely agree with this! Being falsely banned and having to wait a week or 2 to get an unban, is by far unfair. Giving them a small gift, cubelets or if it happens more often perhaps a multiplier, should be the least they could do. It doesn't require that much effort and I personally think this should be implemented.

And for that I'll Escalate this thread! <3

_JoSee

Dedicated Member
Jul 22, 2016
United States
reports.cubecraft.net
Hi, small suggestion here!

A friend of mine's been falsely banned by sentinel and that kind of got me thinking. False bans cause a lot of inconvenience and confusion because they don't know what they did wrong and make people get fed up with Cube because they aren't able to play for a certain amount of time, while they didn't cheat at all.

So my suggestion is to add a small reward and a message saying something like "Hey there!- We are very sorry for falsely banning you and would like to give you a small compensation like a couple of cubelets for this mistake. We hope it won't happen again!" (Not the way it should be worded but it's just an example)

"but this has been suggested a million times before!", yes it has been, but I feel like it's time to change this because Cube should be nicer to those who've been falsely banned by sentinel. The rewards don't have to be big, like I said, a couple of cubelets would be fine, but the main message to the player should be that you're very sorry for the mistake you made.

After all, every player you ban falsely is a player who might leave the community that your server exists of, so you should show that you care for them and cherish them because they are the reason your server is as big as it is right now! The players make the community thus the server.

"but people will try to abuse this by getting falsely banned and claiming the rewards!1" Perhaps, but I don't think getting a couple of (super) cubelets is worth getting banned for a couple of days and waiting until your appeal gets accepted. I don't really consider this a valid argument xP

Thanks for reading and have a great day,
~Remmie
Credits to @Nyawh and @Anneum c:

Hi

I absolutely agree with your suggestion and with rewarding the waiting of a punishment would be a great idea. Since your suggestion was escalated hope can be implemented in the network.

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Pronouns
He/They
I disagree with your suggestion. Even though it's a frustrating experience that many players might find annoying, it's also natural that these things will happen when we have an ever-evolving and developing anti-cheat. People will end up falsely banned regardless of how much we have progressed because that's the only way to advance, making mistakes along the way.

Sentinel appeals are usually reviewed within a few days, around 4-7 days which isn't very long. I really don't think that it's actually that problematic to be false banned for a few days if you will end up unbanned, with no consequences since the ban basically disappears from your history. I don't really know how to go in further depth with my next idea but: this can be abused. People will find a way. And considering the amount of effort that something like this would take plus the occassional maintenance whenever someone finds a way to exploit the system, it seems like a very resource consuming idea to me that just isn't crutial and whose efforts could be invested in many other, much more benefitial features for the server.

The only sort of compensation that I would like to see for false bans is with plus ranks. If you had a plus rank and got falsely banned the system should automatically give you back that time you lost so you're not losing your money because of a bug. But nothing else.

MeliodasWrath

Aug 27, 2019
the UK *sips tea*
Yes! Good idea. If you were falsely banned, you should get some in-game stuff as a sort of sorry, especially if you can't play during that time because you were false banned. This would have been posted second but for some reason it didn't post :c

I disagree with your suggestion. Even though it's a frustrating experience that many players might find annoying, it's also natural that these things will happen when we have an ever-evolving and developing anti-cheat. People will end up falsely banned regardless of how much we have progressed because that's the only way to advance, making mistakes along the way.

Sentinel appeals are usually reviewed within a few days, around 4-7 days which isn't very long. I really don't think that it's actually that problematic to be false banned for a few days if you will end up unbanned, with no consequences since the ban basically disappears from your history. I don't really know how to go in further depth with my next idea but: this can be abused. People will find a way. And considering the amount of effort that something like this would take plus the occassional maintenance whenever someone finds a way to exploit the system, it seems like a very resource consuming idea to me that just isn't crutial and whose efforts could be invested in many other, much more benefitial features for the server.

The only sort of compensation that I would like to see for false bans is with plus ranks. If you had a plus rank and got falsely banned the system should automatically give you back that time you lost so you're not losing your money because of a bug. But nothing else.
While I agree it could potentially be abused, it would be extremely infuriating to be banned, and be unbanned with a 'sorry, these things happen'. You just got banned for doing nothing wrong. You should get a little something in return. And as for it being abused, though it could be possible I can't really think of a way, and if they are being banned multiple times over and appealing it will be pretty obvious.

Reactions: remio

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
No. All players should be treated equally, regardless of rank. You shouldn’t be able to buy immunity. Im aware thats not what your trying to say, but it kind of feels the same to me.

D

Deleted member 492126

This sounds fair.
It doesn't to me xD

- Some cheaters get unbanned even though they were cheating. This means they will get cubelets for free. I'm not talking about cheaters who have a million alts and VPNs, I'm talking about cheaters that really want to get unbanned and lie in their appeal to get an unban
- Some legit players don't get unbanned even though they were not cheating. This means they will not get cubelets, even though they should get them. We will have people come to us and claim they should have received free cubelets, and we will have no way to know if they are lying or not

Sometimes it's hard to know whether a player is lying or not in their appeal. Yes we have ways to check and guess if they were cheating or not, but they are not always reliable.

I know being false banned feels bad, however being false banned and not getting a compensation when other players get it feels even worse

Anneum

Dedicated Member
Jan 4, 2020
The Avatar Universe
Pronouns
She/Her
No. All players should be treated equally, regardless of rank. You shouldn’t be able to buy immunity. Im aware thats not what your trying to say, but it kind of feels the same to me.
Everyone gets treated equally. His point is that when you buy plus rank it lasts for one month. If you're banned for a few days you can use your plus rank for a shorter amount of time so it would be fair to not count the days that you're banned. So if you're banned for 4 days you should get your plus rank for 4 more days then you normally would to compensate the 4 days you couldn't use the rank.

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Exactly! Mistakes happen, that's why we are human! But you're causing inconvenience to an innocent player, so how hard is it to admit your mistake and show them you're sorry in the form of sending them a small compensation?
Sentinel appeals are usually reviewed within a few days, around 4-7 days which isn't very long. I really don't think that it's actually that problematic to be false banned for a few days if you will end up unbanned, with no consequences since the ban basically disappears from your history.
I really don't care about how long it lasts; like I've said a couple of times before now, you're causing confusion. It's not about the duration of the ban or how long it takes until you get unbanned, it's about the fact that you're banning someone for no reason whatsoever.
I don't really know how to go in further depth with my next idea but: this can be abused. People will find a way. And considering the amount of effort that something like this would take plus the occassional maintenance whenever someone finds a way to exploit the system, it seems like a very resource consuming idea to me that just isn't crutial and whose efforts could be invested in many other, much more benefitial features for the server.
Abusing this feature? Just giving a couple of cubelets isn't really abusable at all. I mean, doing daily challenges gives more cubelets than the amount of cubelets you should get because of this suggestion so that's not a big point. You're preventing them from playing, that's the point. Nobody really cares about the reward, the fact that you're sending them your apologies is what matters.
Also, no offense, but what on earth do you mean by 'exploiting the system'? How is that resource consuming? I don't think implementing a feature that'd send a couple of cubelets if the appeal's been approved and it turns out that the player in question was indeed falsely banned would take a lot of time/effort to add? I think you're overestimating the needed resources and underestimating the though of all of this.
Very interesting idea, but I think this would take a lot more time and resources to implement than sending a certain amount of cubelets. Anyhow, I've been using cubelets all the time now, but anything else could be used too. It's whatever Cube thinks fits the best.

ItzEnd3r

Forum Expert
Aug 18, 2019
Boulder
www.cubecraft.net
I like this suggestion. Even tho it wasnt been a big deal when i was false banned some others seem to see it as a big inconvenience, so it would be nice to get a cubelet or something, mainly just for the message that they understand that the server made the mistake not them and that the team apologizes.

farms false bans for cubelets

• Haha
Reactions: remio and wxzzrd

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
It doesn't to me xD

- Some cheaters get unbanned even though they were cheating. This means they will get cubelets for free. I'm not talking about cheaters who have a million alts and VPNs, I'm talking about cheaters that really want to get unbanned and lie in their appeal to get an unban
I'm not sure where I said 'cheaters'? I'm talking about players whose bans weren't fair.
- Some legit players don't get unbanned even though they were not cheating. This means they will not get cubelets, even though they should get them. We will have people come to us and claim they should have received free cubelets, and we will have no way to know if they are lying or not
But it's not about the reward, it's the thought! It could also be just a message, that's also some sort of compensation. There will always be cases where people get disadvantaged, that's the world we're living in. But you'll solve a major part of the issue I see right now, just by sending any sort of 'compensation'. Anything is better than the things you're doing right now: Nothing.

D

Deleted member 492126

I'm not sure where I said 'cheaters'? I'm talking about players whose bans weren't fair.
What I meant is: some cheaters act like they are legit in their appeal. Some of them convince us and get unbanned. Which means we think they are legit when they are actually not, and we give them cubelets when they shouldn't be getting them

But it's not about the reward, it's the thought! It could also be just a message, that's also some sort of compensation. There will always be cases where people get disadvantaged, that's the world we're living in. But you'll solve a major part of the issue I see right now, just by sending any sort of 'compensation'. Anything is better than the things you're doing right now: Nothing.
I wouldn't mind having a message :) I just disagree with the 'giving cubelets' part

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
I supported this until I read what Eli and spoon said. I think that plus ranks should be compensated as they did miss out on their full month of playing. I think giving people Cubelet could cause a lot of spam in staff help and on the server. It would be such a process and cause problems if people who were banned ask for compensation because we give it to some players. I think unbanning false bans is enough because most people will just be glad they were unbanned.

LeCastel

Dedicated Member
Aug 23, 2016
The Shattered Plains
Meh, I don't think it's needed. Wasn't very happy when I got falsely banned; dumb evidence, appeal got ignored at first, then promised to be unbanned but that didn't happen... but at the end of the ordeal the ban was removed from my account. Don't really see why I would need to be compensated for that. Things happen and there will often be a discussion/disagreement. Would just leave the staff with less time to take care of actual reports.

I'll say that the moderator or helper whatever in question was really shitty about it, but that's to be expected from teenagers who do this in their spare time.

Though plus ranks obviously should get back the time they lost if they were wrongfully banned for sure.

Last edited:
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

JokeKaedee wrote on xEefster's profile.
Happy birthday, Eef <3
Thank you all for your sweet birthday wishes 💕
UncleSpect wrote on xEefster's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #56-
About 3.2 billion people around the world (roughly 46% of the global population) watched at least a minute of the 2010 World Cup!
Top Bottom