Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Roxrock

Mar 6, 2023
Andromeda
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
The 1.19 update added five new Lucky block types. I think they are a step in the right direction; however, I would like to suggest some changes for each of them.

Food and block lucky blocks:

At the moment, one of each of these lucky blocks are given to every player at the start of a match, regardless of the kit they have selected. They drop food items and block items, respectively. In my opinion, it would be better if instead of players starting out with these blocks in their inventory, these lucky blocks could be found on the player’s starting island. This would benefit players who, instead of rushing middle or a neighboring player, choose to explore and loot their own island, as they are guaranteed to get basic food and blocks. I think new players would quickly realize that these blocks always drop food/blocks, as players quickly learned what the rainbow and blue lucky blocks drop.

Blue lucky blocks:

At the moment, these lucky blocks can be found at middle and uncommonly at secondary/sub middle Islands. I believe these lucky blocks have increased chance to drop good things and decreased chance to drop bad things. In my opinion, these lucky blocks need to have certain drops removed from them, such as goat horns. They also should have a reduced chance to drop blocks, and should instead drop mostly weapons, armor, and special items like wands.

Rainbow lucky blocks:

Currently, each map has a single rainbow lucky block in the center, which drops 1 of 3 possible outcomes, which are overpowered, but temporary. My first suggestion is to consider adding this lucky block in other areas. For example, it could also spawn on treasure islands, which would make them worth going to later in the game. My second suggestion is to make these lucky blocks difficult or risky to try to open. In almost every map, this lucky block sits out in the open in the center of the map, and it’s a race for whoever can get there the fastest. In my opinion, these lucky blocks should be harder to find or dangerous to get to. For example, in the new nether map, this lucky block could generate next to a blaze spawner. In the pirate map, this lucky block could be buried underground, marked with a red X. My last suggestion is to give this lucky block way more drops. Here are some of my ideas:
  • Give the player 10 absorption hearts
  • Give the player a knockback 5 wooden sword with 3 durability. (An enchanted wooden sword should stick out and be recognizable by other players)
  • Give the player resistance 255 for 30 seconds.
  • Give the player a totem
  • Give the player an enchanted golden apple
  • Give the player a low durability elytra and a 3 duration firework rocket
  • Give the player 3 leap feathers
  • Give the player a Power 5 bow with 3 durability and 3 invisibility arrows

Glitched lucky blocks:

I don’t know the name of this lucky block, so I’ll call it a glitched lucky block. This lucky blocks can spawn when a normal lucky block is broken. They can teleport to open spaces next to them. This lucky block usually drops nothing, but can also drop an axolotl sprite that rises up, a wooden hoe, or cause the text “your egg has been destroyed“ to appear on the player’s screen. At the moment, this lucky block is boring and useless. It isn’t even worth opening one if you see one. I think this lucky block should be redone in the following way:
I think that every normal lucky block should have a 1% chance to be a glitched lucky block, unless it is crazy mode, which could have a 5% chance. The drops from this lucky block should be powerful, chaotic, and unpredictable. Here are some of my ideas:

• Start a random event
  • Shuffle every player’s inventory
  • Have the block opener swap places with a random player
  • Teleport the player to a random location on the map (make it the highest grounded location at a random X and z, so players don’t get stuck at the bottom of the map)
  • drop 3 random spawn eggs
  • drop a curse of binding elytra
  • drop a random item with sharpness 5
  • summon the eggwars villager (and allow players to trade with it normally)

Hoshi

Speedy Wing Rush Gonzales
Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
I will be providing a proper reply later as I currently am unable to, but before anything, I would like to mention that the Glitched Lucky Block actually has a drop that teleports you to a randomly chosen player. :)

O1t24277

Feb 3, 2022
India
Pronouns
He/Him
I will be providing a proper reply later as I currently am unable to, but before anything, I would like to mention that the Glitched Lucky Block actually has a drop that teleports you to a randomly chosen player. :)
On bedrock I never got anything except the egg break msg one time when the open bets started and I thought it was a bug where I got the egg break msg from a random eggwars game.

Hoshi

Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
Finally, I'm here with my reply. Sorry for the wait!

Food and block lucky blocks:

At the moment, one of each of these lucky blocks are given to every player at the start of a match, regardless of the kit they have selected. They drop food items and block items, respectively. In my opinion, it would be better if instead of players starting out with these blocks in their inventory, these lucky blocks could be found on the player’s starting island. This would benefit players who, instead of rushing middle or a neighboring player, choose to explore and loot their own island, as they are guaranteed to get basic food and blocks. I think new players would quickly realize that these blocks always drop food/blocks, as players quickly learned what the rainbow and blue lucky blocks drop.
Firstly, I'd like to talk about the starter Lucky Blocks. I don't see how placing the starter Lucky Blocks on the island would help these players in any way. I'd personally argue that giving players them in their inventory from the start has a much better 'learning' effect since you actually get to read the names of the blocks.

Blue lucky blocks:

At the moment, these lucky blocks can be found at middle and uncommonly at secondary/sub middle Islands. I believe these lucky blocks have increased chance to drop good things and decreased chance to drop bad things. In my opinion, these lucky blocks need to have certain drops removed from them, such as goat horns. They also should have a reduced chance to drop blocks, and should instead drop mostly weapons, armor, and special items like wands.
Diamond Lucky Blocks have all negative drops removed from them. This leaves the blocks with only a portion of the drops the normal Lucky Blocks have. Therefore, the chance to get items such as goat horns and spyglasses is increased. I do personally believe that these two drops should be removed from the Diamond Lucky Blocks, but none other. Block drops can be just as useful as weapons when you really need them, so I don't think this chance should be taken away, or decreased.

Rainbow lucky blocks:

Currently, each map has a single rainbow lucky block in the center, which drops 1 of 3 possible outcomes, which are overpowered, but temporary. My first suggestion is to consider adding this lucky block in other areas. For example, it could also spawn on treasure islands, which would make them worth going to later in the game. My second suggestion is to make these lucky blocks difficult or risky to try to open. In almost every map, this lucky block sits out in the open in the center of the map, and it’s a race for whoever can get there the fastest. In my opinion, these lucky blocks should be harder to find or dangerous to get to. For example, in the new nether map, this lucky block could generate next to a blaze spawner. In the pirate map, this lucky block could be buried underground, marked with a red X. My last suggestion is to give this lucky block way more drops. Here are some of my ideas:
  • Give the player 10 absorption hearts
  • Give the player a knockback 5 wooden sword with 3 durability. (An enchanted wooden sword should stick out and be recognizable by other players)
  • Give the player resistance 255 for 30 seconds.
  • Give the player a totem
  • Give the player an enchanted golden apple
  • Give the player a low durability elytra and a 3 duration firework rocket
  • Give the player 3 leap feathers
  • Give the player a Power 5 bow with 3 durability and 3 invisibility arrows
Before anything else, I would like to mention that totems of undying and enchanted golden apples are already obtainable through regular Lucky Blocks.

I would personally love to see hidden versions of the Rainbow Lucky Blocks. I believe there should still only be one, but that it should spawn in a different place every single time (depending on which map as well), as you suggested. This way, only one player will still be able to gain any of these benefits, but it will take longer to search for it and therefore more effort than a simple rush to middle to obtain these.

I'm very fond of the drop suggestions you provided. I believe the (permanent) 10 absorption hearts would be interesting and the knockback V sword and the elytra with rockets as well. I do think I would change up some stuff though: for instance, why invisibility arrows? You won't use these arrows on yourself using a power V bow, and using these arrows on others would put you at a disadvantage. Perhaps the bow could come with spectral arrows instead. Moreover, I believe the resistance 255 for 30 seconds is a bit too overpowered. If players get this drop, they'll be invincible for half a minute. My suggestion would be to decrease the length to 15 seconds, similar to the flight and giga sword drop. This way, the same "Player has become overpowered for 15 seconds!" message can be used for this drop as well.

Glitched lucky blocks:

I don’t know the name of this lucky block, so I’ll call it a glitched lucky block. This lucky blocks can spawn when a normal lucky block is broken. They can teleport to open spaces next to them. This lucky block usually drops nothing, but can also drop an axolotl sprite that rises up, a wooden hoe, or cause the text “your egg has been destroyed“ to appear on the player’s screen. At the moment, this lucky block is boring and useless. It isn’t even worth opening one if you see one. I think this lucky block should be redone in the following way:
I think that every normal lucky block should have a 1% chance to be a glitched lucky block, unless it is crazy mode, which could have a 5% chance. The drops from this lucky block should be powerful, chaotic, and unpredictable. Here are some of my ideas:

• Start a random event
  • Shuffle every player’s inventory
  • Have the block opener swap places with a random player
  • Teleport the player to a random location on the map (make it the highest grounded location at a random X and z, so players don’t get stuck at the bottom of the map)
  • drop 3 random spawn eggs
  • drop a curse of binding elytra
  • drop a random item with sharpness 5
  • summon the eggwars villager (and allow players to trade with it normally)
Again, I love the majority of these ideas. I do believe the Glitched Lucky Block is rather uncommon, but it is supposed to be a sort of easter egg within the Lucky Blocks, after all. In my opinion, they shouldn't be more common than they are in most of the voting options, but I do like the idea of it being more common in Crazy mode.

The only thing I'd have to say I disagree with is the spawn egg drop, as this is already a thing in the regular Lucky Blocks. My only point of critique on this already existing drop, though, is that it could use more interesting spawn eggs like a guardian's, a ghast, piglins, shulkers, perhaps even vexes. There are so many possibilities, especially with the switch from 1.12 to 1.19, so my suggestion to CubeCraft is to make good use of this.

Little addition, since you seemed to be unsure of all the Lucky Block names:
1690884972762.png

• Heart
Reactions: Lyriie and Roxrock

O1t24277

Feb 3, 2022
India
Pronouns
He/Him

Firstly, I'd like to talk about the starter Lucky Blocks. I don't see how placing the starter Lucky Blocks on the island would help these players in any way. I'd personally argue that giving players them in their inventory from the start has a much better 'learning' effect since you actually get to read the names of the blocks.

Diamond Lucky Blocks have all negative drops removed from them. This leaves the blocks with only a portion of the drops the normal Lucky Blocks have. Therefore, the chance to get items such as goat horns and spyglasses is increased. I do personally believe that these two drops should be removed from the Diamond Lucky Blocks, but none other. Block drops can be just as useful as weapons when you really need them, so I don't think this chance should be taken away, or decreased.

Before anything else, I would like to mention that totems of undying and enchanted golden apples are already obtainable through regular Lucky Blocks.

I would personally love to see hidden versions of the Rainbow Lucky Blocks. I believe there should still only be one, but that it should spawn in a different place every single time (depending on which map as well), as you suggested. This way, only one player will still be able to gain any of these benefits, but it will take longer to search for it and therefore more effort than a simple rush to middle to obtain these.

I'm very fond of the drop suggestions you provided. I believe the (permanent) 10 absorption hearts would be interesting and the knockback V sword and the elytra with rockets as well. I do think I would change up some stuff though: for instance, why invisibility arrows? You won't use these arrows on yourself using a power V bow, and using these arrows on others would put you at a disadvantage. Perhaps the bow could come with spectral arrows instead. Moreover, I believe the resistance 255 for 30 seconds is a bit too overpowered. If players get this drop, they'll be invincible for half a minute. My suggestion would be to decrease the length to 15 seconds, similar to the flight and giga sword drop. This way, the same "Player has become overpowered for 15 seconds!" message can be used for this drop as well.

Again, I love the majority of these ideas. I do believe the Glitched Lucky Block is rather uncommon, but it is supposed to be a sort of easter egg within the Lucky Blocks, after all. In my opinion, they shouldn't be more common than they are in most of the voting options, but I do like the idea of it being more common in Crazy mode.

The only thing I'd have to say I disagree with is the spawn egg drop, as this is already a thing in the regular Lucky Blocks. My only point of critique on this already existing drop, though, is that it could use more interesting spawn eggs like a guardian's, a ghast, piglins, shulkers, perhaps even vexes. There are so many possibilities, especially with the switch from 1.12 to 1.19, so my suggestion to CubeCraft is to make good use of this.

View attachment 222406
You always take a good time to make these posts.

• Heart
Reactions: Hoshi

Roxrock

Mar 6, 2023
Andromeda
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him

View attachment 222406
Since you seem to have a lot of knowledge about lucky block drops, names, and their intended features, can I ask where you are getting this information? I wasn’t able to find a list of changes made to lucky islands when the 1.19 update was released, and have been going off of my own gameplay so far. I won’t make any promises, but I’m considering making my own lucky islands guide eventually, and this information could really help.

Hoshi

Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
Since you seem to have a lot of knowledge about lucky block drops, names, and their intended features, can I ask where you are getting this information? I wasn’t able to find a list of changes made to lucky islands when the 1.19 update was released, and have been going off of my own gameplay so far. I won’t make any promises, but I’m considering making my own lucky islands guide eventually, and this information could really help.
I'm basing it off of my knowledge from playing a lot of Lucky Islands/Blocks on Java and Bedrock. Both versions have a lot of the same drops for a lot of the blocks, including the special types of Lucky Blocks.

Reactions: Roxrock
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Desiderata wrote on Centuria's profile.
congrats on being able to drive a car

should've said it here instead of posting it on the fhg topic :(
will you guys still love me if chapter 4 turns out to be shorter and more underwhelming
Xi1m wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
if u havent kept up with the jjk leaks then dont watch
but if you want spoilers well…
Eli wrote on FxVoidz's profile.
Happy Birthday!!!
Eli wrote on ImSatisfied's profile.
Happy Birthday!!!
Top Bottom