Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

What should we do with the Overpowered gamemode?

• Total voters

shanewolf38

Novice Member
Jun 17, 2018
Okay, so here me out. When I say change the Overpowered gamemode, I don't mean change the way it plays, but how players access it. Personally, I dislike the gamemode a lot, unless it's in half-health mode. Otherwise, it's really just an armor breaking contest that doesn't reward PvP skills in the slightest. However, I understand a lot of people like it, and that's fine. But there's also a big problem that results because of that.

There's a donator in just about every game of EggWars, and thus everyone is forced to almost constantly play the Overpowered gamemode with normal health or, sometimes, even double or triple. This isn't fun at all for me, and I find it pretty unfair that whether or not I will enjoy EggWars is completely at the whim of donators. With that said, I would ask that Overpowered become its own gamemode completely separate from the rest of regular EggWars, or that, at the very least, voting starts before the match. This way people can leave if Overpowered is voted for, rather than being forced to leave after the game already starts.

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
I can understand what you mean, I have always liked normal more than overpowered. But I think it's still part of the game and should stay like this. Cubecraft also makes money of the people buying a rank to vote in Eggwars.

Otherwise, it's really just an armor breaking contest that doesn't reward PvP skills in the slightest.

I disagree with this. If you are better at PvP, you can get more hits off and break the armor faster. Also, in the Stone sword + Leather armor scenario, a critical hit deals twice as much armor damage as a normal hit. Lastly, with PvP skills you can easily combo other people in the void.

There's a donator in just about every game of EggWars, and thus everyone is forced to almost constantly play the Overpowered gamemode with normal health or, sometimes, even double or triple.

I play mostly solo Eggwars and that isn't the case there. I'd say the division is 50/50, and I rarely see double / triple health.

or that, at the very least, voting starts before the match. This way people can leave if Overpowered is voted for, rather than being forced to leave after the game already starts.

In solo Eggwars that's the case already :P

that whether or not I will enjoy EggWars
Eggwars isn't solely about PvP, it's also about mechanics, strategy, the respawn thing, etc. I find it hard to believe that you base your enjoyance solely on the PvP aspect, because then I advice you to play duels ;)

shanewolf38

Novice Member
Jun 17, 2018
I can understand what you mean, I have always liked normal more than overpowered. But I think it's still part of the game and should stay like this. Cubecraft also makes money of the people buying a rank to vote in Eggwars.

Sorry, I don't know how to quote individual parts like you did, so I'm just going to quote the start and respond to the whole thing. ;P

I don't often play Solo EggWars, so I didn't know the voting took place before the match. I wish they did that for team as well, as it seems strange for it to be different. As for PvP in Overpowered, I exaggerated when I said it doesn't reward PvP in the slightest, but it's pretty close to that. While you are able to kill people in the leather armor stage of the game, the iron stage is almost completely void of PvP skill other than combo'ing someone off the edge. And yes, crits may deal more damage, but if they have a bunch of armor and gapples that really does almost nothing. So yes, Overpowered fights do require some PvP skill to win, but not a whole lot.

As I said, I don't really play Solo, but in teams there is almost always a donator--at least 95% of the time. And I know CubeCraft makes money for the donations, but they could do it in a way that doesn't annoy the players who haven't donated, which is the largest part of their playerbase. And even if you do donate, there are so many other donators in team EggWars that your vote will likely not even influence the gamemode chosen.

In regards to enjoying EggWars, I know it's about a lot more than PvP (and I really enjoy that). But when winning relies a lot on fighting at some point, having it be completely broken makes the game almost unplayable for me. As for duels, I would play that, but on CubeCraft it lags horrendously for me. :P

Reactions: Shallidor

alltop10

Aug 23, 2016
Well, in solo, you are put directly into the game in your cages. Technically the voting for both solo and team modes takes place at the same time. As for not wanting overpowered mode, (I'm not going to say buy a rank but that is the easiest way not to get it) you can always ask the ranks who can vote if you could play a round of normal or hardcore eggwars. Of course, this will not work every time, however if I see that quite a few people want a specific gamemode, depending on if I am feeling up for it or not, I will do which one they want. I am personally a fan of OP as the fights are more interesting, however I can see how some people do not like it.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
There's a donator in just about every game of EggWars, and thus everyone is forced to almost constantly play the Overpowered gamemode with normal health or, sometimes, even double or triple
But think about it from a different perspective
You bought a gold rank to play the game mode you like and they add it as a game essentially rendering your purchase useless
Besides nearly every game would be normal mode then due to the lack of players that enjoy hardcore with gold ranks or higher

shanewolf38

Novice Member
Jun 17, 2018
But think about it from a different perspective
You bought a gold rank to play the game mode you like and they add it as a game essentially rendering your purchase useless
Besides nearly every game would be normal mode then due to the lack of players that enjoy hardcore with gold ranks or higher
I have thought about it like that. There is some point to make that as a donator, you lose the ability to choose Overpowered (since it is now a separate gamemode), but that's not a big loss. Plus, in my opinion, it's not something donators should have had in the first place, as they are able to choose a game that--in my opinion--is drastically different from regular EggWars.

shanewolf38

Novice Member
Jun 17, 2018
Well, in solo, you are put directly into the game in your cages. Technically the voting for both solo and team modes takes place at the same time. As for not wanting overpowered mode, (I'm not going to say buy a rank but that is the easiest way not to get it) you can always ask the ranks who can vote if you could play a round of normal or hardcore eggwars. Of course, this will not work every time, however if I see that quite a few people want a specific gamemode, depending on if I am feeling up for it or not, I will do which one they want. I am personally a fan of OP as the fights are more interesting, however I can see how some people do not like it.
Yeah, it really comes down to personal preference. I know a lot of people like OP, which is why I suggested making it into its own gamemode. I think it would be fine if most donators were like you, but when I just ask in chat what they're voting for, the majority of them don't even respond to me.

alltop10

Aug 23, 2016
Yeah, it really comes down to personal preference. I know a lot of people like OP, which is why I suggested making it into its own gamemode. I think it would be fine if most donators were like you, but when I just ask in chat what they're voting for, the majority of them don't even respond to me.
I do not agree with you that OP should be its own gamemode, but if you want to play normal items, I can give you a few tips on how to avoid ranks.

1: Do not play on a 5-10 player per team map. Pvp clans mainly play on these maps as a lot of them can play on the same team, and usually against other pvp clans. Usually at least a few members of these clans are ranks, and all they play is OP normal or OP half health as those create the best pvp scenarios.

2: Play on the server during peak hours. Doing this will ensure there are more games with people in them, making it easier to find one without a rank.

3: Play with a group of friends. Say you have 5 friends and you all want to play the same map but on normal mode, since stone ranks can only have 3 players in a party, create two separate parties and join the same map. This will limit the number of random players who can join the game, making it less likely that one of them will be a rank.

Without buying a rank that is the best advice I can give you for playing normal mode. Like I said earlier, I do not think OP should be its own gamemode.

Stablish

Jan 2, 2018
Planet Earth
www.cubecraft.net
Just keep everything the same, hardcore and normal and overpowered are three options that only gold+ rank can vote one of them, it depends on what game mode they like, but I recommend we should keep it the same

BringMeTheHorizon ♠

Forum Expert
Mar 29, 2017
United Stairs of America
I really only like OP mode because of cheaper food, 5 iron for a piece of steak is just a scam.

Other than that idm what I play, I don't think OP mode is an armor breaking contest AT ALL, because it's not. If you have leather and someone has iron, then you're screwed; not really. You have no idea how I was able to kill someone that had full diamond while I had chain mail. I just ran everywhere across the map, knocked him off 4 times to the floor from a high place, I just did a lot of tryharding basically but I was able to kill him at the end after 15 mins of full-on try hard mode. >.>

EggWars isn't about pvping solely, it's about strategies. Use the void to your advantage, and use your surroundings in a smart way. Act quick I guess

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
I have thought about it like that. There is some point to make that as a donator, you lose the ability to choose Overpowered (since it is now a separate gamemode), but that's not a big loss. Plus, in my opinion, it's not something donators should have had in the first place, as they are able to choose a game that--in my opinion--is drastically different from regular EggWars.
Eggwars is one of (if not the most) popular game so more people will want to buy the rank so they can play the gamemode they like
and like I said removing OP mode from the voting options would make the voting options in most cases completely pointless as very few people vote for hardcore mode

shanewolf38

Novice Member
Jun 17, 2018
Eggwars is one of (if not the most) popular game so more people will want to buy the rank so they can play the gamemode they like
and like I said removing OP mode from the voting options would make the voting options in most cases completely pointless as very few people vote for hardcore mode
Yeah, I know. But I don't think people should be buying a rank so that they can play a gamemode they want, while others may not want it. The gamemode should be available to everyone (it shouldn't require any voting to play it) and it should also not be forced upon those who don't want to play it. I just think CubeCraft's donation system is messed up.

shanewolf38

Novice Member
Jun 17, 2018
I really only like OP mode because of cheaper food, 5 iron for a piece of steak is just a scam.

Other than that idm what I play, I don't think OP mode is an armor breaking contest AT ALL, because it's not. If you have leather and someone has iron, then you're screwed; not really. You have no idea how I was able to kill someone that had full diamond while I had chain mail. I just ran everywhere across the map, knocked him off 4 times to the floor from a high place, I just did a lot of tryharding basically but I was able to kill him at the end after 15 mins of full-on try hard mode. >.>

EggWars isn't about pvping solely, it's about strategies. Use the void to your advantage, and use your surroundings in a smart way. Act quick I guess
Yeah, I really like the cheaper food, too. Which is why I enjoy OP at half health. As you said, 5 iron for piece of steak is highway robbery. xD

Though I would disagree with your second point. I think OP is pretty much an armor breaking contest. Yes, you can knock people into the void, but I don't want to have to run around for 10-15 minutes positioning myself and waiting for them just to get a kill like that. If it were normal mode, I could just get to them and end the fight in a minute (for better or worse ;P). So when it comes to actually fighting with swords and axes, it comes down mainly to the quality and amount of sets someone has of armor.

BringMeTheHorizon ♠

Forum Expert
Mar 29, 2017
United Stairs of America
Yeah, I really like the cheaper food, too. Which is why I enjoy OP at half health. As you said, 5 iron for piece of steak is highway robbery. xD

Though I would disagree with your second point. I think OP is pretty much an armor breaking contest. Yes, you can knock people into the void, but I don't want to have to run around for 10-15 minutes positioning myself and waiting for them just to get a kill like that. If it were normal mode, I could just get to them and end the fight in a minute (for better or worse ;P). So when it comes to actually fighting with swords and axes, it comes down mainly to the quality and amount of sets someone has of armor.
meh, I never had my armor break unless it was a 5v1. I NEVER had my armor break in a 1v1 unless it was already really broken beforehand, so I dont understand why you think it's an armor breaking game.

shanewolf38

Novice Member
Jun 17, 2018
meh, I never had my armor break unless it was a 5v1. I NEVER had my armor break in a 1v1 unless it was already really broken beforehand, so I dont understand why you think it's an armor breaking game.
Really? Every time I win an OP normal game, I go through at least 8 sets of iron/diamond armor. And losing 2 sets to one person isn't uncommon, at least for me.

iiTried

Jul 8, 2018
I somewhat agree, the armor breaks too often when I'm in a game to prevent dying from armor breaking I must always have at least 2 sets of armor but the food is nice to be able to buy for just 1 iron.

Reactions: Fliqa

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
Yeah, I know. But I don't think people should be buying a rank so that they can play a gamemode they want, while others may not want it. The gamemode should be available to everyone (it shouldn't require any voting to play it) and it should also not be forced upon those who don't want to play it. I just think CubeCraft's donation system is messed up.
It isn’t forced
You greatly exaggerate this
Not every game does this happen
Not at all actually

shanewolf38

Novice Member
Jun 17, 2018
I somewhat agree, the armor breaks too often when I'm in a game to prevent dying from armor breaking I must always have at least 2 sets of armor but the food is nice to be able to buy for just 1 iron.
Yeah, the food is nice haha. They should honestly have it cost 1 iron in normal items as well.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
:3🍜
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will like it here!:D
I may or may not have bought 6 Birthday Bundles (used one on myself) and I may or may not do a Giveaway for 1 soon 😉
IMG_5319.png
Top Bottom