Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

What should we do with the Overpowered gamemode?

• Total voters

CommandantSlime

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2017
Arrows have a bigger range and are much cheaper.

Doesn't matter, it's still cheaper than enderpearls.
If by easily countered you mean a shield, do the math. Other than that there's no sound way to move around islands without getting shot at.
Also "it can break" yeah like this ever happens.

It gives you tremendous stopping power. No matter what arguments you come up with,
Price of punch bow: 25 diamonds
Use: infinite.
Price of enderpearl: 64 diamonds
Use: once.

still applies. You can get a punch bow a lot sooner than an enderpearl. A punch bow is permanent, an enderpearl one-time use. Miss your enderpearl or land too close to the edge, you're dead. Miss a bow shot, no big deal.

Defense shouldn't be better than offense, if you want that to be the case, look for a different game than eggwars.

I mean, the game is all about the defense of your egg...

I've had bows break on me before. It happens fairly often. Especially when you're breaking an opponents shield with it.

An enderpearl is a great risk for a great reward. If you aren't prepared enough when you throw it, the outcome could be worse than you expected. Makes sense.
Anyways, if the opponent is camping, and it's just you vs. them, how is cost a barrier? If you have mid, and all the other islands, and they have no egg and just one, how is 64 diamonds prohibitive? Dying isn't even a problem because you can just get more stuff and try again. Campers can't stop you if you try hard enough. I don't even know why I'm still arguing this. I haven't met a real camper in months, and they aren't that hard to deal with.

PirateDood1738

Jun 5, 2016
This isn't really a problem in 1.8 but I can see where you're coming from with 1.9 pvp. I think it should change in 1.9+ to maybe nerf the protection or make the weapons stronger.

Reactions: wbgamer

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
I mean, the game is all about the defense of your egg...
No it's not.
I've had bows break on me before. It happens fairly often.
Then you're not playing the game smart.
An enderpearl is a great risk for a great reward. If you aren't prepared enough when you throw it, the outcome could be worse than you expected. Makes sense.
Anyways, if the opponent is camping, and it's just you vs. them, how is cost a barrier? If you have mid, and all the other islands, and they have no egg and just one, how is 64 diamonds prohibitive? Dying isn't even a problem because you can just get more stuff and try again. Campers can't stop you if you try hard enough. I don't even know why I'm still arguing this. I haven't met a real camper in months, and they aren't that hard to deal with.
Campers don't always have less diamond gens than you. Campers can have multiple islands, have visited mid often, or are mid camping. And no, you can't just get to a different island when they are, you'll be shot off.

Unless math changes my point still remains.

Last edited:
Reactions: Miauw

CommandantSlime

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2017
No it's not.

Defeat other teams whilst defending your egg. That is the objective.

Then you're not playing the game smart.

Wearing down people's shields before they engage you is actually very useful. Especially when they aren't paying attention to it. That's one big durability sink. Another is if you just use the same bow for a long time. A bow only has 385 durability points. That's only about six stacks of arrows, which can be consumed pretty quickly.

While campers can have multiple islands, it gets pretty hard to camp when half the map is under your control (I've tried). At that point, it's not really camping. If the game is still going and you haven't won at that point, you're not playing correctly. In no situation should one team own nearly all the islands. There's just too many vulnerabilities. You can't be everywhere at once.

Plus, if we have the same definition of camping (which we should) a camper doesn't leave their island/base. Therefore, it is impossible for them to have more diamonds/gear than someone who utilizes the rest of the map.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
Defeat other teams whilst defending your egg. That is the objective.
The objective is to win. You do this by being the last team alive. Nowhere in that is it required to protect your own egg. Heck, I win most of my games with my egg destroyed.

Wearing down people's shields before they engage you is actually very useful. Especially when they aren't paying attention to it. That's one big durability sink. Another is if you just use the same bow for a long time. A bow only has 385 durability points. That's only about six stacks of arrows, which can be consumed pretty quickly.
Again, then you're not playing the game smart lol. You can just melee if they are close and ignore them if they are far.
While campers can have multiple islands, it gets pretty hard to camp when half the map is under your control (I've tried). At that point, it's not really camping.
It is if you're deliberately slowing the game down by using a punch bow. Attacking will always cost more than defending in this current system, and that's the fundamental problem.

Again, the math didn't change and my point still remains.

If you want long game which is more focused on economy and has more strategy to it and is designed how you want eggwars to be, I'd suggest annihilation. But eggwars is just not that gamemode and it will never be.

Sqrahh

Jul 26, 2018
Let's just keep it the same , because if we change it then we have to make hardcore mode alone and normal mode alone and op mode alone , but no one will play hardcore , that's why we give people chance to vote for what they want .-.

CommandantSlime

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2017
Let's just keep it the same , because if we change it then we have to make hardcore mode alone and normal mode alone and op mode alone , but no one will play hardcore , that's why we give people chance to vote for what they want .-.

Good point.

CommandantSlime

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2017
The objective is to win. You do this by being the last team alive. Nowhere in that is it required to protect your own egg. Heck, I win most of my games with my egg destroyed.

I like the extra challenge of trying to defend the egg. The egg is what separates eggwars from other games. It is EGGwars after all.

gain, then you're not playing the game smart lol. You can just melee if they are close and ignore them if they are far.

Or you can constantly fire at the enemy, even if your chances of hitting are slim to none. Even if you can hit and they have a shield, destroying it will give you an advantage. You don't have anything to lose by firing at them. I've found that, even if I can't hit, keeping suppressing fire on someone tends to keep them on their island. It's quite strange, but it works.

It is if you're deliberately slowing the game down by using a punch bow. Attacking will always cost more than defending in this current system, and that's the fundamental problem.

A) What's wrong with a long game? B) I don't usually encounter people who intentionally slow down games C) What's wrong with defending being cheaper? That kind of indicates that you're meant to also play defensively, does it not? It means that if you want to win you have to use more resources. That's pretty good game design, I'd say. Finding the balance between offensive and defensive investment is a key part of the game.

If you want long game which is more focused on economy and has more strategy to it and is designed how you want eggwars to be, I'd suggest annihilation. But eggwars is just not that gamemode and it will never be.

I've never heard of Annihilation. I will say, I enjoy longer, more strategic games of eggwars, but I'm fine with a short game every once in a while. Either way, I've found that eggwars satisfies what I want out of a game. There's plenty of strategy, but you aren't required to plan. You can play any way, from full offence to total defence. There's no one way to play, and overcoming each player's individual strategy is fun. Eggwars is fine how it is. Things are balanced fine as they are now, why change it? The system's been like this for a while, I don't think we need to nerf the punch bow again.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
I like the extra challenge of trying to defend the egg. The egg is what separates eggwars from other games. It is EGGwars after all.
Doesn't defeat my point
estroying it will give you an advantage.
ignoring it is a bigger advantage because it means you can spend your time in the game on more effective activities.
A) What's wrong with a long game? B) I don't usually encounter people who intentionally slow down games C) What's wrong with defending being cheaper? That kind of indicates that you're meant to also play defensively, does it not? It means that if you want to win you have to use more resources. That's pretty good game design, I'd say. Finding the balance between offensive and defensive investment is a key part of the game.
It only costs 25 diamonds to keep someone off for virtually forever whilst it costs 64 diamonds to bypass this once.
That's far from a right balance.

shanewolf38

Novice Member
Jun 17, 2018
Arrows have a bigger range and are much cheaper.

Doesn't matter, it's still cheaper than enderpearls.
If by easily countered you mean a shield, do the math. Other than that there's no sound way to move around islands without getting shot at.
Also "it can break" yeah like this ever happens.

It gives you tremendous stopping power. No matter what arguments you come up with,
Price of punch bow: 25 diamonds
Use: infinite.
Price of enderpearl: 64 diamonds
Use: once.

still applies. You can get a punch bow a lot sooner than an enderpearl. A punch bow is permanent, an enderpearl one-time use. Miss your enderpearl or land too close to the edge, you're dead. Miss a bow shot, no big deal.

Defense shouldn't be better than offense, if you want that to be the case, look for a different game than eggwars.
Yeah, I think that's the main problem with EggWars. Defense is infinitely better than offense is, which makes the majority of people want to play strictly defensively (which I guess makes since given how strong defense is, but it's boring :P). If we look at the price difference between the diamond axe and the punch bow, it's laughable. They are only 5 diamonds apart, while the punch bow is leagues and leagues above the axe in terms of killing power, and, even though it's primarily defensive, can be argued to have better offensive power as well. The punch bow should be at least 64 diamonds given its strength.

And yeah, given the bow situation (and even without it), enderpearls are way underpriced. Even if they were lowered to around 5-10 diamonds, I don't get what is so powerful about them that it warrants a 64 diamond cost. All it does is give you a potential recovery from being knocked off/falling--it doesn't really have any offensive or defensive power, other than quickly approaching enemies or getting out of a tight spot. I can see the running option perhaps being problematic with a low-cost enderpearl, but just block traps should be able to counter that.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
The punch bow should be at least 64 diamonds given its strength.
nah just make everything else cheaper
And yeah, given the bow situation (and even without it), enderpearls are way underpriced. Even if they were lowered to around 5-10 diamonds, I don't get what is so powerful about them that it warrants a 64 diamond cost. All it does is give you a potential recovery from being knocked off/falling--it doesn't really have any offensive or defensive power, other than quickly approaching enemies or getting out of a tight spot. I can see the running option perhaps being problematic with a low-cost enderpearl, but just block traps should be able to counter that.
You use ep's to attack campers mostly

Shnorlax

Jun 23, 2018
Okay, so here me out. When I say change the Overpowered gamemode, I don't mean change the way it plays, but how players access it. Personally, I dislike the gamemode a lot, unless it's in half-health mode. Otherwise, it's really just an armor breaking contest that doesn't reward PvP skills in the slightest. However, I understand a lot of people like it, and that's fine. But there's also a big problem that results because of that.

There's a donator in just about every game of EggWars, and thus everyone is forced to almost constantly play the Overpowered gamemode with normal health or, sometimes, even double or triple. This isn't fun at all for me, and I find it pretty unfair that whether or not I will enjoy EggWars is completely at the whim of donators. With that said, I would ask that Overpowered become its own gamemode completely separate from the rest of regular EggWars, or that, at the very least, voting starts before the match. This way people can leave if Overpowered is voted for, rather than being forced to leave after the game already starts.
youre right about that. however. I think we should just exclude and completely whipe double health from the game

Reactions: CommandantSlime

CommandantSlime

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2017
depends on the map.
Good luck getting 25 diamonds quickly on huts.

Just make ep's and shields cheaper

That's a four player map, right? I rarely play maps above two players, and I almost only play with friends, so the *hardships* of being on a large team with randoms are unknown to me.

Reactions: Shnorlax
Members Online

Latest profile posts

Sergiio12 wrote on LoveAndMafia's profile.
Alejaaaandro
Blom wrote on Lyriie's profile.
Lyriie, sorry for bullying you all the time :o
Ur an amazing staff member <3
mojang nerf mobile players pls
Someone nerfed me because I can't find those hidden chests as easily anymore.. I won't stop trying tho >:c
Top Bottom