Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

What should we do with the Overpowered gamemode?

• Total voters

CommandantSlime

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2017
I think that the best solution would be changing the vote to take place in the lobby. That really only applies to teams, but (like the OP) I mainly play teams. That way, if you don't like overpowered you can quit before the game starts. Games fill much faster with the new map selection system, so I don't think it would have too big of an impact.

The reason that this is the best option is that donators don't lose any of the things they paid for. It just gives stone ranks the chance to jump ship before they get stuck in an OP game.

Othera_Envi

Jul 9, 2018
I honestly voted for it to be a whole different game because, as most people, do want to play Overpowered mode more than the other game modes.

CommandantSlime

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2017
I honestly voted for it to be a whole different game because, as most people, do want to play Overpowered mode more than the other game modes.

The issue with this is that it would
1.) Remove one of the reasons for donating, as most people probably bought a rank to play OP. This would make it so they paid for nothing.
2.) Game traffic would be split even more, making games fill up slower for everyone.

Reactions: wbgamer

Othera_Envi

Jul 9, 2018
The issue with this is that it would
1.) Remove one of the reasons for donating, as most people probably bought a rank to play OP. This would make it so they paid for nothing.
2.) Game traffic would be split even more, making games fill up slower for everyone.

true, there would be more people that would play overpowered mode and wouldn't have to quit when they get normal mode. Sometimes, there isn't even a person with a rank in the lobby.

Reactions: CommandantSlime

CommandantSlime

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2017
true, there would be more people that would play overpowered mode and wouldn't have to quit when they get normal mode. Sometimes, there isn't even a person with a rank in the lobby.
Exactly. If someone really wants to play overpowered, they can find a lobby with a ranked person in it.

XtremeElectrix

Aug 13, 2016
The White House.
People get what they pay for. People who want any gamemode they want in eggwars are rewarded with that so long as they have the gold rank. I mean you could make it so that you had to be emerald/obsidian rank to be guaranteed the gamemode you want and then if you were gold you had a 50% chance of getting what you voted for but that would just not work at all and would be really stupid.

I see why you find it annoying but this doesn't just apply to overpowered mode. I've been targetted constantly for voting Normal items and double health. I like that game mode but many people leave the game and will flat out come to my base because they're mad I didn't vote what the general majority would vote.

Unfortunately though, like I said before, they had the money, they got what they paid for.

Tert78000

Novice Member
Jan 18, 2017
Australia
I’m a 1.8 player and tbh I like the way it is because it helps our pvp go on for a longer battle other than just 2 to 3 hits

xRabbitGaming

Novice Member
Dec 9, 2017
Not where I want to be
xrabbitgaming.com
There's a donator in just about every game of EggWars, and thus everyone is forced to almost constantly play the Overpowered gamemode with normal health or, sometimes, even double or triple.
Well, you could always buy a rank and vote yourself? Also the only things in EggWars that needs to be changed is the camping rules and Punch bows, either remove them completely or make them more expensive. People literally camp their islands when their egg's gone and there's no way to get to them. Even safe bridging won't work.

CommandantSlime

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2017
Well, you could always buy a rank and vote yourself? Also the only things in EggWars that needs to be changed is the camping rules and Punch bows, either remove them completely or make them more expensive. People literally camp their islands when their egg's gone and there's no way to get to them. Even safe bridging won't work.

After the last nerf (which was a while ago), I don't think they need to change punch bows. It's easy enough to buy an enderpearl. Just use all the other available generators, as the campers can't get off their island.

Oh yeah, if they refuse to leave and have an impenetrable fortress I think you can report them (don't quote me on that). It's one thing if they're just buying gear, it's another thing if they are intentionally prolonging the game.

The ultimate fix is enderpearls.

shanewolf38

Novice Member
Jun 17, 2018
I think that the best solution would be changing the vote to take place in the lobby. That really only applies to teams, but (like the OP) I mainly play teams. That way, if you don't like overpowered you can quit before the game starts. Games fill much faster with the new map selection system, so I don't think it would have too big of an impact.

The reason that this is the best option is that donators don't lose any of the things they paid for. It just gives stone ranks the chance to jump ship before they get stuck in an OP game.
Yeah, I think that would do a good job fixing the problem. Personally, I'd prefer an entirely different gamemode, but I see how that would negatively impact donators (even though I don't exactly agree with their donation system). If the voting was done in the lobby, people wouldn't be leaving after the game has already started.

shanewolf38

Novice Member
Jun 17, 2018
People get what they pay for. People who want any gamemode they want in eggwars are rewarded with that so long as they have the gold rank. I mean you could make it so that you had to be emerald/obsidian rank to be guaranteed the gamemode you want and then if you were gold you had a 50% chance of getting what you voted for but that would just not work at all and would be really stupid.

I see why you find it annoying but this doesn't just apply to overpowered mode. I've been targetted constantly for voting Normal items and double health. I like that game mode but many people leave the game and will flat out come to my base because they're mad I didn't vote what the general majority would vote.

Unfortunately though, like I said before, they had the money, they got what they paid for.
Yeah, true, having an entirely different gamemode would negatively impact donators. I'd say the best middle-ground solution would be to make voting before the match. On a slightly related note, I'm surprised so many people dislike normal double, as it's pretty similar to normal other than prolonging fights a bit more (but not in the same obnoxious way as OP normal).

Reactions: XtremeElectrix

shanewolf38

Novice Member
Jun 17, 2018

Well, while I do enjoy the games on CubeCraft a lot, I'm pretty sure I will never donate until CubeCraft fixes their servers. I constantly get disconnected from CubeCraft, and so do many other people I play with. Cube's refusal to fix this problem is just insane to me, and I won't donate until they do something about it. Also, me having a rank wouldn't help very much, as I'm pretty sure I'd get outvoted pretty often.

I do wish punch bows were more expensive (maybe like 50 diamonds or something), as they're so powerful. However, as CommandantSlime said, you can get to campers with enderpearls (which should be less expensive to deal with campers).

CommandantSlime

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2017
Well, while I do enjoy the games on CubeCraft a lot, I'm pretty sure I will never donate until CubeCraft fixes their servers. I constantly get disconnected from CubeCraft, and so do many other people I play with. Cube's refusal to fix this problem is just insane to me, and I won't donate until they do something about it. Also, me having a rank wouldn't help very much, as I'm pretty sure I'd get outvoted pretty often.

I do wish punch bows were more expensive (maybe like 50 diamonds or something), as they're so powerful. However, as CommandantSlime said, you can get to campers with enderpearls (which should be less expensive to deal with campers).

I mean, I rarely encounter hardcore campers. Unless they're camping to the point where they can be reported, you can manage them without enderpearls. Even if you need e-pearls, you should easily be able to get a stack of diamonds, as you have control of the rest of the map while the campers only have their island. If punch bows had a higher price, I don't think they'd be a viable weapon anymore.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
After the last nerf (which was a while ago), I don't think they need to change punch bows. It's easy enough to buy an enderpearl. Just use all the other available generators, as the campers can't get off their island.

Oh yeah, if they refuse to leave and have an impenetrable fortress I think you can report them (don't quote me on that). It's one thing if they're just buying gear, it's another thing if they are intentionally prolonging the game.

The ultimate fix is enderpearls.
I mean, I rarely encounter hardcore campers. Unless they're camping to the point where they can be reported, you can manage them without enderpearls. Even if you need e-pearls, you should easily be able to get a stack of diamonds, as you have control of the rest of the map while the campers only have their island. If punch bows had a higher price, I don't think they'd be a viable weapon anymore.

Price of punch bow: 25 diamonds
Use: infinite.
Price of enderpearl: 64 diamonds
Use: once.

Also note that there's also a thing called mid camping. I even have a whole playlist of examples
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLhRUPflB7_ObgrG5eLVM1dt1RrJoeU0R

Reactions: Miauw

CommandantSlime

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2017

An enderpearl is free access to anywhere within throwing range. I think it's cost is perfect. It's justified.
The punch bow costs more than any other bow, more than a full set of the best armour (on normal), and requires that you buy arrows too. It doesn't have unlimited uses, as it can break. It's also avoidable and easily countered, which can not be done with enderpearls.

I'm also referring to a situation where there are only two teams left, you and the campers. If they're camping on their island, you have the rest of the map. It shouldn't take more than a few minutes to get an enderpearl. If they're camping mid, you still have all the islands around you. Networking is important; The more islands you conquer the better. With enough islands, you can produce more diamonds than mid can.

My original point still stands. If they're camping, take the time to get an enderpearl or two. What's a punch bow gonna do to counter you teleporting to their islands?

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
An enderpearl is free access to anywhere within throwing range
Arrows have a bigger range and are much cheaper.
The punch bow costs more than any other bow, more than a full set of the best armour (on normal), and requires that you buy arrows too. It doesn't have unlimited uses, as it can break. It's also avoidable and easily countered, which can not be done with enderpearls.
Doesn't matter, it's still cheaper than enderpearls.
If by easily countered you mean a shield, do the math. Other than that there's no sound way to move around islands without getting shot at.
Also "it can break" yeah like this ever happens.
My original point still stands. If they're camping, take the time to get an enderpearl or two. What's a punch bow gonna do to counter you teleporting to their islands?
It gives you tremendous stopping power. No matter what arguments you come up with,

still applies. You can get a punch bow a lot sooner than an enderpearl. A punch bow is permanent, an enderpearl one-time use. Miss your enderpearl or land too close to the edge, you're dead. Miss a bow shot, no big deal.

Defense shouldn't be better than offense, if you want that to be the case, look for a different game than eggwars.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on Frontlane's profile.
genius idea frontland
IMG_8850.jpeg
GiGaGekkies wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congratulations...
GiGaGekkies wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations!
GiGaGekkies wrote on Frontlane's profile.
I knew it! Congratulations
W streamer here: @SugaaKat
Top Bottom