• No!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Simbaaa

Dedicated Member
Jul 11, 2014
USA
Almost all of the new games that CubeCraft has added in the past 2-ish years has been removed. Money Walls, Control Point, the game that copied Master Builders, who knows if and when Skyblock and/or factions are coming back... What's next? The original CubeCraft games is what brought players to CubeCraft. I'm not saying never add anything new, but why remove all of the old? If the old is working and players like it, why make such a big change?

Reactions: CyberAutumn

DrHam

Forum Veteran
Sep 15, 2015
Kepler-452b
Rip the other game about mobs (I don't remember the name)
Super Smash Mobs or something like that
Just want to add that the fact that they already exist on other servers is not an excuse to dismiss this suggestion. Every gamemode on CCG exists on other servers already.
RT

I, as well as many other players, really want the old arcade games back along with the new ones. I think that revamping the old ones and adding them back will make a lot of people happy. Lots of people had so many wins and statistics on the old games, and I think that they should be brought back. The old games were great, so please vote for them to be brought back!
@GingerGeek @Efcluke94 @Marco Slater @hub3rt
+∞

Reactions: SrNatsu

hgbf

Forum Veteran
Oct 27, 2015
Behind the command block
minecraft.net
After testing out the new games, I will have to agree with this. Arcade would have worked better without this massive revamp.

Even though some of the new games are fun, they don't have the same feeling as the old games. The arcade was, for me, a place to come and play quick, fun and simple games. Some of the games there were really fun. Imo, they were, in their simplicity, better than most new ones. Take TNTrun. It was about running, jumping and making sure not to fall down. Simple. Now, with the new layer spleef, a mix of other similar games have also been added. The result of this is just a massive mess. There's no need to fix anything that isn't broken. The spleef would have been better if this was added as a new mode. We already had a few that let us select what we preferred, so why not just add another one like that?

The next game on the list is Paintball. This is one of the few games I like the update to. However, I have also noticed a gamemode was removed. Why did you remove the CTF part of it? It was a lot of fun, and had potential to get updated to something amazing. Another thing that needs a change is the spawn area. I have, on multiple occasions, been stuck in spawn because people have camped behind the walls, shooting into the spawn area. The spawn protection doesn't protect us enough to let us get out. Though, the positives outweigh the negatives. Good job on this one.

Ok, the next game is Barn Brawl. This is a game that might be fun for five minutes, but it gets boring quick. After less than a round of it, you get bored. There's not much more to be said here. Instead, I will go directly to the next game, Line Dash. It is a game that is oddly similar to Snowdown, a game I love. Though, it has become something that feels a little off. It might be that there are too many teams, or maybe the fact that you need a powerup to jump. Whatever it is, it's something that shouldn't be there.

Last but not least, Wing Rush. This one is fun, but I feel like a game like this should have more than two maps. It didn't even take me an hour to learn a strat that makes me win 4/5 times.

I would not like to see these games discarded. Some of them are still really fun. The thing I would do is simply adding the old arcade games as a Classic Arcade lobby. This would allow players to play the old games and the new ones. Just look at the numbers in the voting. They don't lie.

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
The next game on the list is Paintball. This is one of the few games I like the update to. However, I have also noticed a gamemode was removed. Why did you remove the CTF part of it? It was a lot of fun, and had potential to get updated to something amazing. Another thing that needs a change is the spawn area. I have, on multiple occasions, been stuck in spawn because people have camped behind the walls, shooting into the spawn area. The spawn protection doesn't protect us enough to let us get out. Though, the positives outweigh the negatives. Good job on this one.
Agreed. Feels a lot like Call of Duty to me, so I'm a fan. I also like the new spleef, except that it isn't spleef.

Tacosbefriends

Forum Professional
Jan 13, 2014
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
Already posted here, but I post here too:

Hey, everyone. I'd like to make some things clear here to avoid some confusion and outrage. The newest arcade update not only brought us new games, but an entire new system with which to play them. A lot of backend stuff has been done that you guys won't see that enables us to have things like Mixed Arcade that quickly swaps games, as well as the instant-join lobbies you've probably seen when playing the new games. All of these games were developed with this feature in mind, and any new games we release will also be made with this system in mind.

Our older games like Quakecraft, Hide and Seek, etc. were not developed with this new system. They would be incompatible with the rest of the arcade, and would therefore need to be completely redone and rewritten to facilitate their addition to the arcade. As an avid fan of Quakecraft and the creator of Hour Glass's prototype, I am sad to see them go, but with the arcade revamped in such a way as it is now, I am incredibly optimistic at the prospect of new games being released and the potential to see old classics return, revamped and more awesome than before.

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
Already posted here, but I post here too:

Hey, everyone. I'd like to make some things clear here to avoid some confusion and outrage. The newest arcade update not only brought us new games, but an entire new system with which to play them. A lot of backend stuff has been done that you guys won't see that enables us to have things like Mixed Arcade that quickly swaps games, as well as the instant-join lobbies you've probably seen when playing the new games. All of these games were developed with this feature in mind, and any new games we release will also be made with this system in mind.

Our older games like Quakecraft, Hide and Seek, etc. were not developed with this new system. They would be incompatible with the rest of the arcade, and would therefore need to be completely redone and rewritten to facilitate their addition to the arcade. As an avid fan of Quakecraft and the creator of Hour Glass's prototype, I am sad to see them go, but with the arcade revamped in such a way as it is now, I am incredibly optimistic at the prospect of new games being released and the potential to see old classics return, revamped and more awesome than before.
Couldn't you put them in a separate lobby, and give them a rotation/randomisation system?
Surely they don't need to run on the new system. Just keep them the way that they were?

N

Nikboo

It seems as if there is a massive argument with old games coming back and whilst I can see your points, arcade needed some sort of revamp. We decided to start by giving arcade five games. In the future, there may be updates to add more games.

In my opinion, the old arcade should be a thing on the 1.8 network.
This would fix many issues, including SCB kit balancing and also hide and seek. Plus, the old arcade games would come back for you guys to enjoy.

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
In my opinion, the old arcade should be a thing on the 1.8 network.
This would fix many issues, including SCB kit balancing and also hide and seek. Plus, the old arcade games would come back for you guys to enjoy.
019a1b_6f1c671f0695492ca511290fe8e3c419.gif

Reactions: DanDaDino

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015

Like I've said before, you guys should have kept Arcade under maintenance till every game was compatible. Not just release a half finished Arcade. That is only creating outrage and confusion. People think the good games are gone. And they are (temporarily).
We know how to stay patient. We waited 2 years for a Party System, 1 year for Creative and we're still waiting for Parkour, Faction, Skyblock etc.
So for the next time: Finish everything before release!

NevStar

Jun 26, 2016
United Kingdom
They aren't going to understand us, I don't think they can be bothered to bring it back. BUT, they will understand when they see after a few weeks that bar of anyone plays arcade. Cuz these games are literally stereotypical "minepl.x" games and if I wanted to play these, I'd rather go to another server.

Cuz although cubecraft may have brought "unique" games, these games cannot compete with the other servers with these mini games.

The older arcade games could and so would survive

protected22

May 12, 2015
The Netherlands,
instagram.com
Pronouns
He/Him
They aren't going to understand us, I don't think they can be bothered to bring it back. BUT, they will understand when they see after a few weeks that bar of anyone plays arcade. Cuz these games are literally stereotypical "minepl.x" games and if I wanted to play these, I'd rather go to another server.

Cuz although cubecraft may have brought "unique" games, these games cannot compete with the other servers with these mini games.

The older arcade games could and so would survive
indeed. than you can better play in Hypixel because the most here are just copied ones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Frontlane wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday 🥳
dvodany wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy b-day! 🍰
WorriedSkate940 wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday!!!
denki_kiri wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow :D
Desiderata wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
eggs age over time

how curious
Top Bottom