• No!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iLoveYouu

Forum Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
Blockband.
Blockband is a completely different game and has absolutely nothing to do with arcade, feel free to suggest replacements.
I would actually be happy if Arcade stayed longer under maintenance. So Cubecraft could actually revamp every game. And not just release an half broken arcade with 5 new games and 1 of them being a game that simply says "We didn't have enough time", I'm talking about layer spleef. (Why not make 2 different gamemodes? You can't combine TNT Run with Spleef it simply doesn't work!) Not to mention extreme amounts of game breaking bugs.
Yea, because Arcade was only being worked on for the couple of days it was in maintenance? It wasn't. If we have something in maintenance for a decent amount of time we get complaints that it takes too long, if we have a game in maintenance for a couple of days we get complaints that it should've been in maintenance for a longer period of time?
Also the sudden leave of @FozZeW as a Dev could likely mean that there will not be an Arcade update so soon.
Now we have to endure the tragedy that Cube put upon Arcade.
He is still a developer? You have no clue what's going on in the staff team so "please don't make assumptions", like you mentioned in another response of yours.
"With these not one, not two, but five brand new games!"
> A more unoriginal version of Paint Ball
What's more unoriginal about it?
> The We didn't have enough time game.
What makes you think we didn't have enough time to make the game? I'm guessing you're talking about layer spleef?
> The game no one will play.
I'm guessing you're talking about Barn Brawl? Well there's actually a decent amount of people playing it.
> Elytra Racing game.
What's wrong with that? A lot of people seem to enjoy it.
> The game that ruins the Christmas Spirit.
It ruins the Christmas Spirit because why exactly? Because it used to be a Christmas game? Do you think we won't have another Christmas game in it's place? I personally don't know, but I'm confused why you might be assuming this?
Apparently "to move foward" means that we have to remove every game Arcade players actually enjoyed and replace them with some less original and broken games. Genius!
I'm sure with all the suggestions and complaints about the old arcade games, that updating/bringing back old arcade games will be taken into consideration.

Should also add that Cubecraft's community is totally different to Hypixel's, and Hypixel's own games tend to compete with one another for popularity. There were over fifty people in Arcade at one time only a few weeks ago, and that was people in lobbies; not people who were already in games. This is also when half the games were broken beyond reason, and when said games hadn't been updated since 2015.
True, but it does kind of show that the old arcade games just aren't as popular anymore as they used to be.

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
Yea, because Arcade was only being worked on for the couple of days it was in maintenance? It wasn't. If we have something in maintenance for a decent amount of time we get complaints that it takes too long, if we have a game in maintenance for a couple of days we get complaints that it should've been in maintenance for a longer period of time?
Then why not bring back the old parkour till you guys create a revamped version? Would definitely decrease the amount of complaints.
Blockband is a completely different game and has absolutely nothing to do with arcade, feel free to suggest replacements.
Currently at 3000 words bb.
The power ups, gun modes, self building walls, etc It feels like Mineplex.
What makes you think we didn't have enough time to make the game? I'm guessing you're talking about layer spleef?
Considering how you guys removed 4 modes of spleef and TNT Run and fused them all of them into one game. Resulting into less maps so less work.
Instead of making a Revamped version of Spleef and TNT Run you guys combined it into Layer Spleef aka the worst decision ever.
I may not be an actual developer but I certainly do have ideas on how to make TNT Run and Spleef more original. There are so many possibilities.
But sadly it's now too late.
Anyways, tacos already proposed a sollution that I quite like:
Am I allowed to give feedback? Idk.

Voting options for layer spleef to vote for what layers you want would be awesome.
This is my responce to it:
It would be nice if Gold and up could vote for one type layer the whole game.
So they would have the choice between
  • Lava Floor
  • Bow Spleef
  • Spleef
  • Splegg
  • TNT Run
  • Random
This would encourage more players to buy a Rank but and also satisfy players who miss TNT Run and Spleef.
I'm guessing you're talking about Barn Brawl? Well there's actually a decent amount of people playing it.
That's quite obvious. The Arcade Update just got released, many players want to try the new games to see if they enjoy it or not. Cosidering how my first game of Barn Brawl took 2 minutes to start I could see that it didn't have such an impact on players. Paint Ball in the other hand was instantly filled.
It ruins the Christmas Spirit because why exactly? Because it used to be a Christmas game? Do you think we won't have another Christmas game in it's place? I personally don't know, but I'm confused why you might be assuming this?
Snow Down was the most popular game during Cubecraft's Christmas event. It was special. Because you just got to play it once a year. And no one complained about it. So unless we come up with a good replacement for it, I doubt that the Christmas Games will have the same impact on players.
He is still a developer? You have no clue what's going on in the staff team so "please don't make assumptions", like you mentioned in another response of yours.
Hm, k.
What's wrong with that? A lot of people seem to enjoy it.
Do you have a better explanation of the game than that? I doubt it.
I'm sure with all the suggestions and complaints about the old arcade games, that updating/bringing back old arcade games will be taken into consideration.
Yeah same.

iLoveYouu

Forum Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
Then why not bring back the old parkour till you guys create a revamped version? Would definitely decrease the amount of complaints.

Currently at 3000 words bb.

The power ups, gun modes, self building walls, etc It feels like Mineplex.

Considering how you guys removed 4 modes of spleef and TNT Run and fused them all of them into one game. Resulting into less maps so less work.
Instead of making a Revamped version of Spleef and TNT Run you guys combined it into Layer Spleef aka the worst decision ever.
I may not be an actual developer but I certainly do have ideas on how to make TNT Run and Spleef more original. There are so many possibilities.
But sadly it's now too late.
Anyways, tacos already proposed a sollution that I quite like:

This is my responce to it:

That's quite obvious. The Arcade Update just got released, many players want to try the new games to see if they enjoy it or not. Cosidering how my first game of Barn Brawl took 2 minutes to start I could see that it didn't have such an impact on players. Paint Ball in the other hand was instantly filled.

Snow Down was the most popular game during Cubecraft's Christmas event. It was special. Because you just got to play it once a year. And no one complained about it. So unless we come up with a good replacement for it, I doubt that the Christmas Games will have the same impact on players.

Hm, k.

Do you have a better explanation of the game than that? I doubt it.

Yeah same.
The main point I'm kind of trying to make is that a lot of the complaints just don't help and some are even quite unfair, and that we really do want everyone to enjoy the games, but please just explain why you don't like things or why you do like certain things and come up with suggestions to fix things you don't like etc, I know you've made a bunch of suggestions now which a lot of have already been forwarded by staff. We really do take you guys' opinions and suggestions into consideration, please just help us fix problems instead of making them bigger problems.

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
Correlations between the two pieces of content have no relation to the point I was making, though. It's hypocritical to dismiss a suggestion that many people are evidently passionate about on the grounds that it's unpopular, when Blockband still exists. The game was dead from launch, whereas Arcade still held a respectable player-count three years into a content drought, amidst numerous game-breaking flaws that built over time due to neglect.

To be honest, I don't really see the point in the whole "unoriginal" debate on both sides. If the content is fun and will make your player-base happy, who cares? The Paintball update was better than I would ever have expected it to be, and has actually made me enjoy playing Cubecraft again.

While I dislike the workshop seasonal game, I'm pretty happy that Line Dash(?) has been added to Arcade. I actually suggested it in December 2014, because it was so fun. Very happy about its inclusion in the update.

I want to believe that the community's complaints are being taken into account, I really do. I was staff here for over a year; I'm not just a stupid hater who wants the server to fail. But the only staff responses that we're yet to see are either agreements, or unofficial damage-control. Then there's the whole "Another Freebuild post... yawn" remark from Joe Henry a while ago that honestly makes me think that our thoughts never were taken into consideration in the first place. What'd quell the complaints very easily, is an official promise that they're being worked on, rather than damage-control speculation like Niko offered. However, because we're yet to see one, the only logical conclusion that one can make is that these gamemodes aren't coming back at all, which is really sad considering they were the last existing games of "Old Cube". I really liked the idea of putting them in the 1.8 server, which would probably appease the 1.8 community that has been left in the dark for so long.

True, but it does kind of show that the old arcade games just aren't as popular anymore as they used to be.
Blockband .____.

For the record, I wholeheartedly believe that had Arcade not been neglected for so long, the player-counts would've been higher. Also, it's worth noting that Quakecraft on Hypixel, as you claimed, had fifty players on it. That's just one gamemode, that's intended to be played in a playlist as is on Cubecraft. People would rather see all of their favourite gamemodes in one place, because it's more convenient that way. This would be why Cubecraft still retained a small percentage of its Arcade player-base. I understand that Arcade will never have a player-base as large as say, Skywars, but it's a great way to offer a massive amount of content all at once. The removal of these classic games, which are still incredibly popular due to their simplicity and legacy, has hurt the level of variety that CCG once offered.

Pleaseeee for once can the community not be left in the dark about something? Even if the answer is no, can we please just know whether there are actually any plans to re-release these games? It's frustrating to be left in the dark about something for months, or in the case of Freebuild and Parkour, years, only to still have no confirmation as to whether or not they're actually returning.

Simbaaa

Dedicated Member
Jul 11, 2014
USA
Correlations between the two pieces of content have no relation to the point I was making, though. It's hypocritical to dismiss a suggestion that many people are evidently passionate about on the grounds that it's unpopular, when Blockband still exists. The game was dead from launch, whereas Arcade still held a respectable player-count three years into a content drought, amidst numerous game-breaking flaws that built over time due to neglect.

To be honest, I don't really see the point in the whole "unoriginal" debate on both sides. If the content is fun and will make your player-base happy, who cares? The Paintball update was better than I would ever have expected it to be, and has actually made me enjoy playing Cubecraft again.

While I dislike the workshop seasonal game, I'm pretty happy that Line Dash(?) has been added to Arcade. I actually suggested it in December 2014, because it was so fun. Very happy about its inclusion in the update.

I want to believe that the community's complaints are being taken into account, I really do. I was staff here for over a year; I'm not just a stupid hater who wants the server to fail. But the only staff responses that we're yet to see are either agreements, or unofficial damage-control. Then there's the whole "Another Freebuild post... yawn" remark from Joe Henry a while ago that honestly makes me think that our thoughts never were taken into consideration in the first place. What'd quell the complaints very easily, is an official promise that they're being worked on, rather than damage-control speculation like Niko offered. However, because we're yet to see one, the only logical conclusion that one can make is that these gamemodes aren't coming back at all, which is really sad considering they were the last existing games of "Old Cube". I really liked the idea of putting them in the 1.8 server, which would probably appease the 1.8 community that has been left in the dark for so long.

Blockband .____.

For the record, I wholeheartedly believe that had Arcade not been neglected for so long, the player-counts would've been higher. Also, it's worth noting that Quakecraft on Hypixel, as you claimed, had fifty players on it. That's just one gamemode, that's intended to be played in a playlist as is on Cubecraft. People would rather see all of their favourite gamemodes in one place, because it's more convenient that way. This would be why Cubecraft still retained a small percentage of its Arcade player-base. I understand that Arcade will never have a player-base as large as say, Skywars, but it's a great way to offer a massive amount of content all at once. The removal of these classic games, which are still incredibly popular due to their simplicity and legacy, has hurt the level of variety that CCG once offered.

Pleaseeee for once can the community not be left in the dark about something? Even if the answer is no, can we please just know whether there are actually any plans to re-release these games? It's frustrating to be left in the dark about something for months, or in the case of Freebuild and Parkour, years, only to still have no confirmation as to whether or not they're actually returning.
Like @Snap said, will someone please verify that these things are being worked on? We are approaching over 2 years, maybe even more, of maintenance of free build and parkour.. and when did the confirmation that they were going to be released as soon as possible come out? About a year ago... and the only think released was Creative, which I have never seen a full server on. In fact, every time a game goes into maintenance and is released extremely long after loses 90% of its original players because all of its originality is gone, and isn't really that fun anymore.

Reactions: CyberAutumn

Jef15ist

Dedicated Member
Jun 7, 2016
India
Instead of bringing back the same old stuff, they can make it 'Compatiable' with the new arcade, and remaster all the old games.

PerryJ

Forum Expert
Aug 28, 2016
Doofenshmirtzz Evil Inc.
Pronouns
He/Him
Ok. Let me say this. Yes, It was quite sad that my scores were vanished without a trace. 11.000 Quakecraft wins and 1200+ TNT Run wins. Yes, it was quite sad they removed my favourite games. Yes, It's still sad that some of my friends left Cubecraft because of this, but:

I'll accept the situation. It's not going to help me any further ranting about this. I have to deal with it. Some of you have already seen me at the new Arcade playing again. The games are fun. I really like Layer Spleef and Line Dash. Wingrush is fun too, but the blindness all the time is killing me lolol. Yes, I hope Cubecraft implements Quakecraft in the new Arcade 2.0. In my eyes this game is not dead yet. Alright, that's all folks. This is probably my last post about the Arcade Update and everyone knows how I feel about it right now. Thanks for your support and I'll see you at Arcade. Oh and btw. It's a block game full of pixels. Don't be mad for years please. Just have fun again. ;)

Last edited:

CyberAutumn

Dedicated Member
Feb 25, 2017
Around
Pronouns
She/They
What really ruffles my feathers, is how these games were intentionally neglected, left to die, for two years. Amidst the pleas for a rejuvenation, these gamemodes have been subsequently removed in the hopes that they had since become so dead that nobody would notice. We were also told that 'Hide and Seek' was going to return at some point. All the while, all that has ever been needed was a couple of bug fixes, the addition of maps that had been submitted by the community, and the very occasional update.

This is the last I will say on the matter, at least until somebody responds to the subject of bringing back the old games, since I really don't like being a negative presence on the community. I do however, feel that issues like these should be addressed by the community, as to allow the management team to avoid repeating history. If this proposed suggestion is considered, here's a few issues that must be resolved before they're re-released:
-SCB had multiple game-breaking bugs that were easy to replicate. I documented all of them on the bug tracker a while ago
-Many achievements were broken or impossible, particularly in 'Spleef'
-SCB kits were terribly unbalanced upon the release of 1.9. Honestly, I feel the gamemode should simply be reverted to 1.8 combat, since the kits were all well balanced back then
-The old Arcade lobby was magnificent. Please find a way to re-use it later on, perhaps for an upcoming Seasonal event, as a nice source of nostalgia

You have proposed many logical details here, and all of which I agree with you. Many people did enjoy the older Arcade games, but they were, as you said, left to die. All of the said details on things that needed to be changed if they bring back the old games were things I experienced many times. Yes, I am greatly saddened that my favorite games were all put to waste, including the many wins and statistics I had. But you make a reasonable argument here.
If they were to bring back the games, I totally agree with you that they should look into fixing those bugs with the few games. Since the new Arcade games are already becoming so popular within the community, maybe they can also keep the new games. The new lobby, which I explored for hours, is amazing.
So, I do agree with many statements that are explained here. If bringing back the old Arcade is put into action, people at least have a feel for what is going to happen.

CyberAutumn

Dedicated Member
Feb 25, 2017
Around
Pronouns
She/They
Arcade was really the only original lobby. Now all the lobbies look EXACTLY THE SAME. They all have the same spawn point with the leaderboards on the sides, and then the map picking further down on each side. They are all the same, and Arcade was the only different one. Why make everything all the same? The old lobby was the best lobby on the server, in my opinion.

Yes, the older Arcade Lobby was indeed my favorite. But look at the bright side, the servers' builders worked so hard to get in this new lobby! If you explore it, like I have, there are many magnificent builds. Though I miss the old Arcade Lobby, and do want it back, the new one has, by far, have many builds in it that are absolutely stunning.
Now on that note, I did not say that I want to keep the new lobby. The older one was bright, and had many details and hard work to it. The new one looks exactly the same as the other, except for the outer builds, and it is quite dull. I enjoyed the fact that in the older lobby, each and every game had its own massive build. It was amazing. Now, each of the games are crammed up.
If the staff team decide to bring back the old Arcade Lobby, then that would be fantastic. For now, we all just have to wait and see.

CyberAutumn

Dedicated Member
Feb 25, 2017
Around
Pronouns
She/They
Already posted here, but I post here too:

Hey, everyone. I'd like to make some things clear here to avoid some confusion and outrage. The newest arcade update not only brought us new games, but an entire new system with which to play them. A lot of backend stuff has been done that you guys won't see that enables us to have things like Mixed Arcade that quickly swaps games, as well as the instant-join lobbies you've probably seen when playing the new games. All of these games were developed with this feature in mind, and any new games we release will also be made with this system in mind.

Our older games like Quakecraft, Hide and Seek, etc. were not developed with this new system. They would be incompatible with the rest of the arcade, and would therefore need to be completely redone and rewritten to facilitate their addition to the arcade. As an avid fan of Quakecraft and the creator of Hour Glass's prototype, I am sad to see them go, but with the arcade revamped in such a way as it is now, I am incredibly optimistic at the prospect of new games being released and the potential to see old classics return, revamped and more awesome than before.

I can see what you're trying to say here, but the new Arcade update was so fast and unexplained that it seemed to get everyone quite mad and upset. I have been playing on Cube for almost three and a half years, and the Arcade was always my favorite. I have seen SkyBlock, MoneyWars and many other popular games just leave. SkyBlock had over one thousand people, as I knew of, every day. The amount of players just lowered after it was taken out.
Tacos, I also loved playing the original spleef with you and everyone else. It was amazing. Everyone enjoyed the older games. I can tell that all the staff are pretty much thinking the same thing, that having these new games and getting rid of the old is better for the server, but what about what is best for the players?
I had so many wins on QuakeCraft. By far, that was my most favorite game on the server. Now, with a jumble of bug-filled new games, I can't see the light in the Arcade anymore. I think I can express everyone's concerns when I say this, but we really want the old Arcade back.
If you could take it into consideration, as it is getting pretty popular throughout the server and forums, that would be amazing.
Please, bring back the old Arcade.
- Cyber

CyberAutumn

Dedicated Member
Feb 25, 2017
Around
Pronouns
She/They
This thread is pointless. Not trying to be rude, but they won't add anything back and most of you know it.

(And if anything, the thread will probably be locked too, soon).

You can't ever know. The fact that so many people are complaining, and there are so many people supporting this thread, there is a high chance it will be put into action. Though, we can never know.

Efcluke94

👀
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
🎨 Designer
Oct 20, 2013
Hello community

Just to give you clarity on a few topics

Current games
We have been looking at your threads constantly to see how we can improve our current games, I've seen some amazing suggestions that makes me want to kick myself and think why didn't I think of that. Our staff team has been looking through and been forwarding on some great ideas which I can't wait to see implemented. Any game ever when it's launched isn't perfect, the key to any games success is to keep updating it. I'm currently working on a new a wing rush map as I know making more of these maps was a highly requested feature. I've gave myself an 8 hour challenge to complete it, the nature map took me about 100 hours... so wish me luck!

We will be adding more premium voting features and in general improving our games and making them so much more interesting!

Bringing back the old games
Seen some great replies in this, especially @PerryJ response. A lot of threads regarding us to bring back old games are mostly useless: "Bring back tnt run" "bring back Quakecraft" and that's it. If you want to make a proper suggestion, please supply how you want to improve it, should we add epic kill streaks? a triple shot to Quakecraft? try and be more creative! I know a lot of you are attached to some of the old games, I was very attached to 'TNT run' when I first joined the server, I had over 500 wins, this is why it had so many maps. We met some amazing people while we played these games that we are still friends with today, so yes it can be sad when they're gone.

Big However...
We do plan on bringing back an old game(s) in future updates to arcade. Creating games takes time, all the old games are not compatible with the arcade system, it's never as simple as you think, I wish it was. After this huge update we now have the freedom to create as many arcade games as we'd like! So I want to see more content suggestions, more game ideas, more ways we can improve our current games.

Hope that gives you all some clarity on where Arcade is heading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will like it here!:D
I may or may not have bought 6 Birthday Bundles (used one on myself) and I may or may not do a Giveaway for 1 soon 😉
IMG_5319.png
ImLeave wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome!
CrystalLegend01 wrote on savina875's profile.
Thank you for the follow! And welcome to the Forums
MrTommy wrote on Eli's profile.
So ypy finally admitting im good at something :D
Screenshot_20240425_224822_Samsung Internet.jpg
Top Bottom