• Yes!

• No!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheQueenWaddle

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
Honestly I feel like we need a Q&A session with the staff team. It seems like every new update just pisses the community off even more.
I don't even understand why the unbroken minigames were deleted in the first place. That and Barn Brawl a copy and paste from the Chunk and passed off as original.

NevStar

Jun 26, 2016
United Kingdom
Tbh, I dont even like the new lobby, too dark compared to the bright and spacious old one which had some unique thing to it. Cubecraft are trying to be original, but imp nah, its not gr8.

I USED to play cubecraft for a reason, cuz they had good arcade games compared to any other server and games which we would not get bored of. Now these games are just a skim, its seasonal. If I wanted a few hours of something like that, then I would go to another sever.

The old games were much better on the hole, and should be brought back

Reactions: Despacito 2

Simbaaa

Dedicated Member
Jul 11, 2014
USA
Arcade was really the only original lobby. Now all the lobbies look EXACTLY THE SAME. They all have the same spawn point with the leaderboards on the sides, and then the map picking further down on each side. They are all the same, and Arcade was the only different one. Why make everything all the same? The old lobby was the best lobby on the server, in my opinion.

Shahlene

May 27, 2017
Not here.
Not gonna lie, some of the new games are alright. What bothers me is that CubeCraft just threw away a bunch of games that a lot of people enjoyed for 5 new games flooded with bugs that make them unbearable some times. Before you purge like 10 or so flawless games, you at least have to make sure that what you're bringing in to the server has somewhat quality.

Simbaaa

Dedicated Member
Jul 11, 2014
USA
What could have been done was take a vote whether to keep the old games or not... instead, they just removed them without warning.

Reactions: CyberAutumn

BunRabit

Apr 10, 2017
Does it mattter
The games that were here are now gone and this disappoints us older members of the server because our favorite game might have been in it. Even though in the new games there might be a section of that particular game, it isn't the real thing. We want the real thing back. Even if a newer section is added call the old arcade or something. I would love it if the older games would be brought back so I can play the games I enjoyed most. This is why I agree with Simbaaa's stance of bringing back the old arcade.

Spleefy

Novice Member
May 27, 2017
Arcade
At first, I wasn't sure about the changes to Arcade because of the unfamiliarity. But, as I play the games more with an open mind, I actually find myself enjoying them. The maps are beautiful, expansive, and the gameplay is more diverse.

However, in saying this, I think this new breed of games would be better as a standalone rather than a replacement for the good ol' classic Arcade games that we all have all come to know and love.

Spleef Layers is fun! I enjoy the diversity and novelty of the experience that I think could have a lasting impact. And while many of the new games AND maps have depth, the gameplay itself lacks the intensity that the classic (Spleef in particular) maps produced. I have fond memories of so many incredible and long epic battles in Spleef that the new spleef game mode just falls short in.

Spleef Arena and Spiral, in particular, were one of my favourites. Those maps (as far as I know) are unique and it is maps like those that keeps me coming back to Cubecraft.

I know that many other people enjoyed the other classic Arcade games, such as Quakecraft, SCB, and TNT run. It is a shame to remove these entirely. I vote that these beautiful classic Arcade games be reinstated alongside the wonderful new games. Overall, the new game modes add more variety and depth and certainly do have their place as breathing new life into CC Arcade.

As for the maps and the lobby... I personally think they did a great job on it. The Arcade Lobby packs a punch, so to speak, without being excessive or nauseating like the lobbies on other top servers that has too much going on for my tastes.

Overall, I think it's a job well done and I appreciate all the hard work and effort that has been put into the Arcade. I'm sure in time they will refine it and, hopefully, add back some of those beautiful classic games we miss dearly.

DanDaDino

Dedicated Member
Mar 31, 2017
i nu tell u
www.cubecraft.net
I didnt play arcade too much before the update, but I was quite fond of quake craft and SCB. I love the new games and find them really fun, and I wouldn't really be bothered if the old ones were added back in. But I know other people loved some of the old arcade games and were furious when the new ones were added

Reactions: Simbaaa

Fristey

Jan 20, 2017
My Head
I understand you want the old games back, but there was a long time ago no update for Arcade, with no new games, so i think it's better for now, maybe in the future they will add some games, I agree with you cause i really like Tnt Run, spleef Quake craft etc, but you need to stay with those games, i hope in the future they will add it back and remove some games people don't like, and i hope they will bring Hide and Seek back cause everyone wanted Hide and Seek but they didn't listen, not a problem tbh but the new games are cool not?

Reactions: DanDaDino

Zombiepower

Forum Veteran
Jul 1, 2016
Belgium
I didn't like everygamemode. I only like Quickcraft. I don't see why you guys wanna add every gamemode back because some games were just unpopular and almost no one played it.

Jeff_Bllkth

Forum Expert
Jul 7, 2016
Spain
bit.ly
Alright, since @hub3rt is the Admin in charge to listen to us I'm just tagging him.
Please Hub3rt take into consideration what the people need and want, there was no need removing some minigames.
To be honest, Quakecraft and Hide and Seek were 2 games I liked so much although I have barely played them. I was waiting for Hide and Seek to be reopened but it seems Cubecraft went for the easy way: Removing it.
In that case, you should have removed it when "the maintenance" started not to giving us hope to play it soon.
Tip: See Hypixel, they have a lot of minigames, they have a lot of people, I don't see it strange. Although there are a few people playing those minigames, they are a big part that keeps Cubecraft being a great server. Don't lose them for "improving" games, just keep the old and new games together.
Maybe @Tacosbefriends should read this thread as well.

iLoveYouu

Forum Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
Just want to add that the fact that they already exist on other servers is not an excuse to dismiss this suggestion. Every gamemode on CCG exists on other servers already.
Just to add on to this, the biggest MC server in their peak time have around 50 players per old arcade game like quakecraft, and they've updated these games to the max basically.

We understand that you guys liked these games, but we also have to move forward, we can't constantly bring back every old gamemode that ever took place on the server. I just want to say that it's probably best to suggest arcade games, possibly a new arcade game which has aspects of an old arcade game, but a completely new goal.

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
Just to add on to this, the biggest MC server in their peak time have around 50 players per old arcade game like quakecraft, and they've updated these games to the max basically.

We understand that you guys liked these games, but we also have to move forward, we can't constantly bring back every old gamemode that ever took place on the server. I just want to say that it's probably best to suggest arcade games, possibly a new arcade game which has aspects of an old arcade game, but a completely new goal.
Blockband.

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
I would actually be happy if Arcade stayed longer under maintenance. So Cubecraft could actually revamp every game. And not just release an half broken arcade with 5 new games and 1 of them being a game that simply says "We didn't have enough time", I'm talking about layer spleef. (Why not make 2 different gamemodes? You can't combine TNT Run with Spleef it simply doesn't work!) Not to mention extreme amounts of game breaking bugs.
Also the sudden leave of @FozZeW as a Dev could likely mean that there will not be an Arcade update so soon.
Now we have to endure the tragedy that Cube put upon Arcade.
"With these not one, not two, but five brand new games!"
> A more unoriginal version of Paint Ball
> The We didn't have enough time game.
> The game no one will play.
> Elytra Racing game.
> The game that ruins the Christmas Spirit.
Just wonderful.
You guys actually took time to remove every good Arcade game but didn't even bother touching the disappointment that is Block Band.

Apparently "to move foward" means that we have to remove every game Arcade players actually enjoyed and replace them with some less original and broken games. Genius!

I really appreciate the Effort you guys put in Arcade, I really do. Seeing how even some of my suggestion got implemented. It made me quite happy.
But removing the only games players actually enjoyed playing on Arcade was the most foolish decision I've seen.
Well done Cubecraft!
giphy.gif

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink

Should also add that Cubecraft's community is totally different to Hypixel's, and Hypixel's own games tend to compete with one another for popularity. There were over fifty people in Arcade at one time only a few weeks ago, and that was people in lobbies; not people who were already in games. This is also when half the games were broken beyond reason, and when said games hadn't been updated since 2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on wTBone's profile.
Happy Birthday! ^-^
JokeKaedee wrote on B0tervlieg's profile.
Happy birthday!!! 🎈
JokeKaedee wrote on wTBone's profile.
Happy birthday c:
Basketman wrote on B0tervlieg's profile.
Happy birthday 🎉
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on B0tervlieg's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Top Bottom