Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Andyyy

Forum Expert
Dec 7, 2016
Blockwars
The game is almost more dead than before the update and there are reasons for it

I can't be asked to format this nicely because its about the content no how it looks.
Even less than 2 weeks after the Blockwars update, I'm struggling to keep an interest in it anymore, getting sick of it after few games, taking breaks and hoping that it'll be better after I come back but no, I can't take more than 5 games of it in a row of it anymore and it's just a pain. I used to love it and I'm just losing all my interest.

Why? They have changed the game so dramatically in the update without thinking about the repercussions of some of the changes, I'm even mad at myself for trying to suggest changes in the first place for it, because how they have done them has just ruined the game for me, I've talked about this a lot but it's just no fun to play, balancing is more off than before and it's too much pvp and not enough Blockwars.

This is going to be another long post and I actually expect a reply this time -.-
I'm only typing all this stuff in the forums because I get no interest from Blockwars now anyway so I have nothing to do and I want my game back and so do the many other people who hate this update with a passion.

So here's every crappy change or lack of change and why it absolutely sucks in order of importance:

1. The biggest change in the entire update, well at least the most influential out of everything and they have considered it so unimportant they hid it in the full changelog and not in the rest of the post. From my post, I suggested an idea about reducing respawn timers in certain situations and what do they do, mess it up so badly it completely ruins the game, good job staff!

So what is so wrong with it that it ruins the game? Well simple, they made them too low, and way too low, if you are wondering how that could be, then think of it like in some other game situations:

Imagine being able to send hoards of mobs in td without delay
Imagine being able to get to people's islands instantly on every map on Skywars
Imagine pickaxes in Eggwars all being weaker and making obsidian cost 1 gold in all game modes and them instantly respawning with swords every time

Yes, like that it's just broken, just completely broken and stupid. So what does this mean? It means camping, a lot of camping, an extreme amount of camping and a lot of 4v1s. So low respawn times just mean that the player will come back at you again in just a few seconds after you last killed them. This just makes the game a stream of players coming at you with absolutely no time to regen or do "Blockwars things" like damaging or taking flags or even mining into their defence. Now the only viable way to attack is to suicide bomb for about 2 or 3 minutes with bomber, take the flag with ninja ( and use the bug I'll talk about later ) and hope to god that you somehow you live.

Does that look like it takes skill? No, no it doesn't. The only real ways of doing it are with a big party of friends or somehow you coordinate your team so they actually do something. The other option of course, sit in your flag and camp, the smarter and much more boring thing to do.

It's all in this post anyway, It's so damn long because I had to explain exactly why it was bad how the way you did it was stupid, and you do it again in the EXACT SAME WAY, there is a reason I used the numbers and method I did and staff just opt to do what failed before again. Obviously my numbers aren't perfect but can you please just not mess it up again https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/b...-detail-with-explanations.206732/#post-986919
I'm begging you. If you still dont understand what's wrong with it I'll give an example.

Say you are having a lovely day and you get put in Retro99 and you love the map, you decide that you really want to get a flag capture and go to attack, a few people are defending and you kill them in a 3v1 with 2 hearts left, you are happy with your self and go to mine into the flag, you get there and boom, all 3 are back again in less than 10 seconds and you either repeat that loop for even or eventually die to them, and this repeats and repeats and repeats, you either do the bomber / ninja thing as mentioned above, ( the ONLY strategy that can work ) camp or get in a pro party of 8 people and melt every team. There's no in between anymore, even somewhat balanced games will always end up as a tie now so your only hope to get caps without it is to make them rage quit because you kill farm them so much and guess what, they stop playing too, the game dies and it's not fun for anyone.

This was a completely messed up attempt at making teams more balanced that didn't work and I'm not waiting another year for another mini update to fix it.

2. The team balancer is another one of the things in my post and now I really wish I didn't put it in there at all. At the time I even was iffy about putting it in but I did it anyway, the one idea I liked the least in my whole post was added and of course not as I intended whatsoever, this is the random teams after 15 seconds thing. I have complained about this a lot to staff already and they say it doesn't swap parties, it does, every time and they seem to have no clue what it does, it's random, completely random, teams. How did I suggest it? I suggested lots of other changes, like allowing less balanced games to start, shorter intervals between attempts at making the game start and others to be more friendly ways of making it start and this last one would be a rare thing to happen and be after 60 seconds or longer as an extreme measure, but nope, they just add that so it will do it in 40% of games, which you have to leave because your party is half on one team and half on the other, The more the game dies, the more people get switched so people stop playing it more and more people get switched. See how it's bad?

3. All my suggested changes and new kit ideas are here: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/new-kits-for-blockwars.206946/#post-987213, its been ignored so far though so thats great.
The kits, only one change I can agree with is here, and thats the removal of all fall damage from jumper.

So tank, you have made it worse than before, remove the slowness and that enchanted crap.
Archer, actually remove bow spamming instead of barely doing anything.
Sommoner mobs still suck, fix them.
The new kits are just useless, buff medic and remove viper, viper is not for Blockwars
Actually add more new kits to the game that DON'T SUCK. ( maybe some of my ideas in the suggestion do but there are good ones too! )
Why do your teammates need to know if you are invis with ninja on the other side of the map? They don't, just make them normally visible to teammates and without glowing, give them an [Cloaked] tag or something and done, not hard.
Somehow you left the most obvious bug in the game too, it's pretty clear you did 0 testing with the update because it's not balanced and you left a big thats obvious every game, if you take the flag with ninja while invis, you get no glowing effect, I made a bug report about it but my evidence was a picture of a really cute dog because I decided to much as much effort into my report as they put into testing :)

4. The signs, 4 posts about changing this back in one week were made by different people and someone who even created a forums account to complain about this.

Why does it suck? Stone ranks are no longer able to easily avoid maps that they don't like anymore and it's an dick move, as well as that, if you do have a rank, you can't easily what maps are available anymore. As a reply, I've only seen "it works in arcade", arcade games have like 4 maps and 3 minute games, Blockwars has 22 maps and much longer games, theres a pretty clear difference there, can't pick the map you want, you will get it soon anyway on arcade, but if you have stone rank on Blockwars, how do you get the map you want? Either play a ton of games to get the one map you want our of 22 or sit in the lobby and click on games in intervals and leave if its not the one you want, repeat that for half an hour and you got your map.

5. Trap blocks are still just stupid, every update has buffed trap blocks, but it still doesn't mean they are a good thing to play against, I've been one shot by explosion blocks about 20 times by now since the new update, just a little op now, and I've not seen any of the other blocks once so I can't judge on them, so if you don't pick a trap block you get a random one so you actually see more than explosion blocks

Conclusion:

1. Do respawn timers right and don't just copy the same mistakes again with how you do team balance.
2. Team balance is not one easy fix so stop trying to make one that just wont work
3. New kits and changes to them that people want, not whatever you are doing
4. Signs back please
5. Random trap block
6. Don't ignore good Blockwars posts like you do to TD and other less popular games.
7. Long suggestions are more likely to be better thought out and more have more good ideas than short ones, exactly what you ask for, so why do you ignore them? Makes no sense at all.

The reason it's not fun anymore is because respawn timers make it feel more like FFA when you accidentally hit the wrong person and get 4v1d by their friends but all the time...

Ruisdier

Forum Expert
Oct 26, 2017
your basement
Not even gonna read everything, the update is good, and not bad. I know you want to share your opinion but I doubt they will change something soon.

Andyyy

Forum Expert
Dec 7, 2016
Blockwars
Not even gonna read everything, the update is good, and not bad. I know you want to share your opinion but I doubt they will change something soon.
How much have you even played it?
A lot of people who used to play it all the time have just given up on it... and it was aimed at staff anyways

Reactions: Despacito 2

Andyyy

Forum Expert
Dec 7, 2016
Blockwars
I know because I'm friends with them and the more people than before are people that never played it before or are trying it again, they will soon stop playing because the update doesn't give you a reason to want to play for more than a few days but it isn't any better than before :/

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
The game is almost more dead than before the update and there are reasons for it

I can't be asked to format this nicely because its about the content no how it looks.
Even less than 2 weeks after the Blockwars update, I'm struggling to keep an interest in it anymore, getting sick of it after few games, taking breaks and hoping that it'll be better after I come back but no, I can't take more than 5 games of it in a row of it anymore and it's just a pain. I used to love it and I'm just losing all my interest.

Why? They have changed the game so dramatically in the update without thinking about the repercussions of some of the changes, I'm even mad at myself for trying to suggest changes in the first place for it, because how they have done them has just ruined the game for me, I've talked about this a lot but it's just no fun to play, balancing is more off than before and it's too much pvp and not enough Blockwars.

This is going to be another long post and I actually expect a reply this time -.-
I'm only typing all this stuff in the forums because I get no interest from Blockwars now anyway so I have nothing to do and I want my game back and so do the many other people who hate this update with a passion.

So here's every crappy change or lack of change and why it absolutely sucks in order of importance:

1. The biggest change in the entire update, well at least the most influential out of everything and they have considered it so unimportant they hid it in the full changelog and not in the rest of the post. From my post, I suggested an idea about reducing respawn timers in certain situations and what do they do, mess it up so badly it completely ruins the game, good job staff!

So what is so wrong with it that it ruins the game? Well simple, they made them too low, and way too low, if you are wondering how that could be, then think of it like in some other game situations:

Imagine pickaxes in Eggwars all being weaker and making obsidian cost 1 gold in all game modes and them instantly respawning with swords every time

Yes, like that it's just broken, just completely broken and stupid. So what does this mean? It means camping, a lot of camping, an extreme amount of camping and a lot of 4v1s. So low respawn times just mean that the player will come back at you again in just a few seconds after you last killed them. This just makes the game a stream of players coming at you with absolutely no time to regen or do "Blockwars things" like damaging or taking flags or even mining into their defence. Now the only viable way to attack is to suicide bomb for about 2 or 3 minutes with bomber, take the flag with ninja ( and use the bug I'll talk about later ) and hope to god that you somehow you live.

Does that look like it takes skill? No, no it doesn't. The only real ways of doing it are with a big party of friends or somehow you coordinate your team so they actually do something. The other option of course, sit in your flag and camp, the smarter and much more boring thing to do.

It's all in this post anyway, It's so damn long because I had to explain exactly why it was bad how the way you did it was stupid, and you do it again in the EXACT SAME WAY, there is a reason I used the numbers and method I did and staff just opt to do what failed before again. Obviously my numbers aren't perfect but can you please just not mess it up again https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/b...-detail-with-explanations.206732/#post-986919
I'm begging you. If you still dont understand what's wrong with it I'll give an example.

Say you are having a lovely day and you get put in Retro99 and you love the map, you decide that you really want to get a flag capture and go to attack, a few people are defending and you kill them in a 3v1 with 2 hearts left, you are happy with your self and go to mine into the flag, you get there and boom, all 3 are back again in less than 10 seconds and you either repeat that loop for even or eventually die to them, and this repeats and repeats and repeats, you either do the bomber / ninja thing as mentioned above, ( the ONLY strategy that can work ) camp or get in a pro party of 8 people and melt every team. There's no in between anymore, even somewhat balanced games will always end up as a tie now so your only hope to get caps without it is to make them rage quit because you kill farm them so much and guess what, they stop playing too, the game dies and it's not fun for anyone.

This was a completely messed up attempt at making teams more balanced that didn't work and I'm not waiting another year for another mini update to fix it.

2. The team balancer is another one of the things in my post and now I really wish I didn't put it in there at all. At the time I even was iffy about putting it in but I did it anyway, the one idea I liked the least in my whole post was added and of course not as I intended whatsoever, this is the random teams after 15 seconds thing. I have complained about this a lot to staff already and they say it doesn't swap parties, it does, every time and they seem to have no clue what it does, it's random, completely random, teams. How did I suggest it? I suggested lots of other changes, like allowing less balanced games to start, shorter intervals between attempts at making the game start and others to be more friendly ways of making it start and this last one would be a rare thing to happen and be after 60 seconds or longer as an extreme measure, but nope, they just add that so it will do it in 40% of games, which you have to leave because your party is half on one team and half on the other, The more the game dies, the more people get switched so people stop playing it more and more people get switched. See how it's bad?

3. All my suggested changes and new kit ideas are here: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/new-kits-for-blockwars.206946/#post-987213, its been ignored so far though so thats great.
The kits, only one change I can agree with is here, and thats the removal of all fall damage from jumper.

So tank, you have made it worse than before, remove the slowness and that enchanted crap.
The new kits are just useless, buff medic and remove viper, viper is not for Blockwars
Actually add more new kits to the game that DON'T SUCK. ( maybe some of my ideas in the suggestion do but there are good ones too! )
Why do your teammates need to know if you are invis with ninja on the other side of the map? They don't, just make them normally visible to teammates and without glowing, give them an [Cloaked] tag or something and done, not hard.
Somehow you left the most obvious bug in the game too, it's pretty clear you did 0 testing with the update because it's not balanced and you left a big thats obvious every game, if you take the flag with ninja while invis, you get no glowing effect, I made a bug report about it but my evidence was a picture of a really cute dog because I decided to much as much effort into my report as they put into testing :)

4. The signs, 4 posts about changing this back in one week were made by different people and someone who even created a forums account to complain about this.

Why does it suck? Stone ranks are no longer able to easily avoid maps that they don't like anymore and it's an dick move, as well as that, if you do have a rank, you can't easily what maps are available anymore. As a reply, I've only seen "it works in arcade", arcade games have like 4 maps and 3 minute games, Blockwars has 22 maps and much longer games, theres a pretty clear difference there, can't pick the map you want, you will get it soon anyway on arcade, but if you have stone rank on Blockwars, how do you get the map you want? Either play a ton of games to get the one map you want our of 22 or sit in the lobby and click on games in intervals and leave if its not the one you want, repeat that for half an hour and you got your map.

5. Trap blocks are still just stupid, every update has buffed trap blocks, but it still doesn't mean they are a good thing to play against, I've been one shot by explosion blocks about 20 times by now since the new update, just a little op now, and I've not seen any of the other blocks once so I can't judge on them, so if you don't pick a trap block you get a random one so you actually see more than explosion blocks

Conclusion:

1. Do respawn timers right and don't just copy the same mistakes again with how you do team balance.
2. Team balance is not one easy fix so stop trying to make one that just wont work
4. Signs back please
5. Random trap block
6. Don't ignore good Blockwars posts like you do to TD and other less popular games.
7. Long suggestions are more likely to be better thought out and more have more good ideas than short ones, exactly what you ask for, so why do you ignore them? Makes no sense at all.

The reason it's not fun anymore is because respawn timers make it feel more like FFA when you accidentally hit the wrong person and get 4v1d by their friends but all the time...
I totally agree, the only way they are going to be able to increase Block Wars' players is by having a big and actually good update. They should make sure they fix all of the things that make the game annoying and take time to design original kits. Because the new ones are useless and very out of place, they should take Block Wars seriously and they shouldn't release an unoriginal and vague update (I'd say) and expect that the player count sudenly increases. Yes more people play now, but not as much as 1 year ago.
But well I guess Block Wars is not a priority anymore because "no one plays it", and that's sad because it's Cubecraft's fault that the game is slowly dying.

Reactions: Andyyy

Andyyy

Forum Expert
Dec 7, 2016
Blockwars
I'm worried that what's going to happen next is that this update kills the game before another will ever come out, like completely dead, we have the ideas to make it better and they just implement them in the worst way and it's just bs, the game was better before the update, now it's just fighting a stream of players constantly, if I wanted that, I would play FFA, it really does seem like they put in 0 testing before the update because the balance is just so incredibly wrong. It's so bad that even _ElitePringle is getting sick of the game and thats absurd. It would be really nice if staff didn't ignore this post too.

Andyyy

Forum Expert
Dec 7, 2016
Blockwars
Last time I made a suggestions thing about Blockwars, many of the things in my suggestion were implemented in someway without me knowing that any of the ideas were even looked at, no replies, no likes and not escalated. I'll just have to keep bumping it or finding excuses to reply to it until I either get some sort of reply or tag or anything. It just feels like my ideas and points are just being completely ignored by the staff, I have no clue if this already on the way to development like the other was or if no staff member has even seen this yet, it's just really frustrating.

Reactions: Eli

HurmitCurtis

Jul 18, 2016
How much have you even played it?
A lot of people who used to play it all the time have just given up on it... and it was aimed at staff anyways
Got the same issue with tower defence so many quit after the update my friend list has been red for a year now, im talking 100s not just a few players, the only ones that play it are either new player, or the now regular ones that are obs rank that are doing the quick wins against the new players u have no chance of keeping up score wise if u r anything other then an obs rank, so everyone of my skillful friends have just simply give up after asking for the game to be fixed for a year and nothing has been altered/changed, sorry to hear this has happened to blockwars guys.

C

Cuteee

Conclusion:

4. Signs back please
5. Random trap block

Conclusion:

4. Signs back please
5. Random trap block

Welp, its blockwars, don't ask for great updates lmao

TheDarkSavage

Dedicated Member
Mar 5, 2018
Who knows?
www.cubecraft.net

Conclusion:

4. Signs back please
5. Random trap block

Just don't play it ;)

Andyyy

Forum Expert
Dec 7, 2016
Blockwars
Just don't play it ;)
Why quit a game I have put a lot of time into and have gotten a lot of fun from because of some massive oversights when making an update by staff, the game needs a real update and not this. I would defiantly think it's better to get them in the right direction with updates than just quitting the game, Many others and I are losing hope because the staff are not really caring about the game and just doing the opposite to what the community wants changed.

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
I used to play a lot of Blockwars back in the day. It was strategical and quite balanced. I loved playing on Green Zone, Retro 99 and Double Helix. After Cubecraft updated to 1.9 it was pretty much dead. Most kits weren't balanced, it was slow and boring. These updates don't really help to improve the gameplay and I stopped caring about Blockwars at this point. I doubt they'll be able to save it. The game will die just like sg did.

Fliqa

Forum Expert
Mar 13, 2017
Belgium
I still like the game though.. It may be a bit different but it's still fun for me ;-;

Andyyy

Forum Expert
Dec 7, 2016
Blockwars
I still like the game though.. It may be a bit different but it's still fun for me ;-;
It's not fun for those who prefer the Blockwars to the constant pvp that is never ending. Games are ties so much more often than before because it's impossible to capture / take flags. It's not really it's own thing anymore, just FFA

Camezonda

Release Manager/Team Ops 🏳️‍🌈
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Jul 23, 2015
Manchester
twitter.com
Pronouns
He/They
Hello, we've been looking into BlockWars again, we've done of some minor changes. These changes will not fully impact the things you've commented on, but they will combat some of them.
- The Medic kit now gets a Instant Health 2 potion rather than 1
- The respawn timer has been increased slightly, the minimum time is now 5 seconds rather than 2
- The auto team balancer now chooses Party members last.
- The lobby has been reverted back to signs

There are not changes to tweak Kits or trapblocks.

Reactions: Andyyy and Eli

Andyyy

Forum Expert
Dec 7, 2016
Blockwars
Hello, we've been looking into BlockWars again, we've done of some minor changes. These changes will not fully impact the things you've commented on, but they will combat some of them.
- The Medic kit now gets a Instant Health 2 potion rather than 1
- The respawn timer has been increased slightly, the minimum time is now 5 seconds rather than 2
- The auto team balancer now chooses Party members last.
- The lobby has been reverted back to signs

There are not changes to tweak Kits or trapblocks.
Thank you :)
I'll tell you what I and others in the community think of the changes!

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
:3🍜
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will like it here!:D
I may or may not have bought 6 Birthday Bundles (used one on myself) and I may or may not do a Giveaway for 1 soon 😉
IMG_5319.png
ImLeave wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome!
Top Bottom