Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

So, should 5v5 be removed in favor of 10v10

• Yes, 5v5 should be gone.

• No, keep 5v5.

• I'll see how it goes before making a choice.

Results are only viewable after voting.

hFurb4ll

Jul 6, 2021
Pronouns
She/They
Whenever I talk about queuing problems, these are mostly what I'm referring to:
A post about queuing problems
A different post about the same queuing problems
Yet another post about the same problems

Anyways let's begin..
In the wake of a really huge announcement, probably as big as the release of geometry dash 2.2, the overwhelming majority that absolutely do not like removing 5v5 Blockwars and it being replaced with 10v10 is insane. There are way more people downvoting than upvoting, exact numbers are 11 upvotes and 113 downvotes as of posting this. Although I really hate to say it, through past experiences, we all can pretty much predict exactly what’s going to happen anyways, even if a majority don’t like the outcome. That is not good, that is horrible.

10v10 is not going to solve any issue, it’s just gonna kill the game even more. No more scrims to keep the community going since they don’t wanna have to invite twice as many people, fewer games will start since it’s likely the queuing issues aren’t fixed even after 500+ days of straight up telling the same thing that there’s a huge problem that needs to be resolved. It all just shows that genuinely, Cubecraft is neglecting their community, it’s not a coincidence that most of them say they feel neglected. If most of them say they feel neglected, then it’s very likely they are actually being neglected. It was never a joke, and it isn’t just a feeling anymore. If 10v10 replaces 5v5, “Cubecraft neglects their community” ultimately becomes fact. Like said before, an overwhelming majority do not like this, consisting of people who have genuinely spent months playing this game and going through one of the most infuriating queuing systems to exist, going through the most annoying bugs to exist, still they spent that time and stuck through and the thanks they will get is just being ignored more than they already have been. By releasing this change, you prove to those players that you do not care about them and the game, you prove to those players that you are neglecting them, you prove to those players that saying “we’re not neglecting the playerbase” is nothing but a lie. That’s how you’ve turned the player’s feelings into fact. This change releasing could very well literally be the last straw, and after that, it’s kinda done for. The players aren’t going to stay with a server that’ll just ignore their feelings, they won’t stay with a game that the server doesn’t care about. This isn’t sudden either, they have felt this way for so long.

Here’s why they’re replacing 5v5 with 10v10
-We aim to provide the most enjoyable experience there is to offer and feel that 10v10 will help achieve this.
-Maintaining 2 versions of Blockwars becomes time-consuming. Condensing the game allows us to focus on new features and additions to the game! As a side-effect, less bugs should also appear as a result.
-We wish to keep a high player count per game portal as much as possible to allow our match-making system to perform optimally.

And here’s why it’s gonna make things worse, rather than better.
-10v10 is not going to make things more enjoyable, it’s going to make things even more frustrating. Queuing issues are going to be worse because of its high priority of putting people in games that have already started rather than games that need to start. For over 500 days, that’s been an issue in 5v5, and the team just refused to change it, so what suggests they’ll change it now? So pretty much a majority of the games are just going to have unfair starts to them, more than what we have now in 5v5 which is less fun. There’s also more people on the team, which means more people who are going to 100% just get diamond or iron and camp their base the entire game. Which isn’t fun, it’s not fun in giga, and it’s not fun to deal with in 5v5 either.
-Most players don’t like giga, you can’t really do anything at a certain point of the game which is when you’re most likely to join the game. Nobody asked for giga and same thing here, nobody asked for 10v10, especially if it’s going to replace the first ever version of the game. More people are asking for 2v2 duels, people are now starting to ask that the 10v10 replaces giga instead.
-10v10 is not a good idea if you want to keep a high player count, especially with the queuing system for Blockwars, as I mentioned before. In an ideal world, probably the best option is having 10v10 be giga (or maybe 20v20 instead), leave 5v5 alone, and omg I have to say it again, fix the queuing problems. It’s going to do so much if you listen to your community and decide to keep players playing for longer instead of making them leave in hopes of finding new players.

Why did I call 10v10 the last straw ?
It has to do with past updates, how they’ve just been released with what felt like little to no playtesting or even effort put into the update. This is a team of people, who’ve decided to release an update with a full ton of bugs and issues, examples are:
-1.19 migration
-Game Framework migrations (particularly CTF)

and the amount of smaller issues that haven’t been fixed is just what ?
-Being stabbed by invisible players that you can’t even hit back
-Being stuck in the infinite abyss not being able to do anything until you get killed
-Items not even properly stacking in your inventory
-Your inventory sometimes not even saving the setup that you had
-Not even being able to craft things from quick crafting

it’s just annoying, and why ?
-Why can’t the players just play the update without massive issues getting in the way ?
-Why do they have to constantly feel like they’re being blatantly ignored ?
-Why do they all have to repeat the same exact process of what feels like just hell every single time ?
-Why do they have to report the bugs with a 50/50 chance it’ll get fixed in the end ?

Some other questions begin with “how”
-How many times do the players have to speak about the same problems until they get solved ?
-How many more players have to leave because the server had too many problems before they get solved in the end ?

This isn’t a joke, and it shouldn’t be seen as a joke. Things are currently tense, and releasing these changes with an overwhelming majority disliking them is literally going to make things worse, that is the simplest way I can put it. Literally players not being able to reply and give their thoughts on the original post is enough to show.
I miss focus groups, I miss when there was more of a say in future updates, I miss what *was* Cubecraft, but I’m not going to miss what it is now.
All the stuff you should probably take from this post is more above, but this entire thing is important to hear.
But hey, it’s fine, it’s your server, your game, do whatever you want with it, but that’s just what’ll happen if 10v10 replaces 5v5.

Clovate

Aug 11, 2022
www.youtube.com
Unfortunately, cube just can't be bothered to listen to us most of the time, their usual response is that what our ~1,000 player community wants doesn't really profit them, it just makes the gameplay better for us. From the standpoint of running a server, it's smarter to target your updates in favor of your larger audience to maximize profit. Unfortunately, this audience is your typical 6 year old on their mom's ipad, who has no idea what's going on behind the scenes. I'm not entirely sure why Blockwars needed to change, it's not a popular game to begin with, but I'm sure it's supposed to attract this larger audience. Same thing with the bugs. They don't happen enough to where they're a huge problem, and since people aren't quitting the game from these bugs, they'll be ignored. I don't agree with the update at all, I don't see why all these games need to change because they were fine before. But cube works from a business standpoint, they want to maximize profits and that's just how it seems sadly.

Mr Jii Gamer

Jun 10, 2022
Algérie
youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
Whenever I talk about queuing problems, these are mostly what I'm referring to:
A post about queuing problems
A different post about the same queuing problems
Yet another post about the same problems

Anyways let's begin..
In the wake of a really huge announcement, probably as big as the release of geometry dash 2.2, the overwhelming majority that absolutely do not like removing 5v5 Blockwars and it being replaced with 10v10 is insane. There are way more people downvoting than upvoting, exact numbers are 11 upvotes and 113 downvotes as of posting this. Although I really hate to say it, through past experiences, we all can pretty much predict exactly what’s going to happen anyways, even if a majority don’t like the outcome. That is not good, that is horrible.

10v10 is not going to solve any issue, it’s just gonna kill the game even more. No more scrims to keep the community going since they don’t wanna have to invite twice as many people, fewer games will start since it’s likely the queuing issues aren’t fixed even after 500+ days of straight up telling the same thing that there’s a huge problem that needs to be resolved. It all just shows that genuinely, Cubecraft is neglecting their community, it’s not a coincidence that most of them say they feel neglected. If most of them say they feel neglected, then it’s very likely they are actually being neglected. It was never a joke, and it isn’t just a feeling anymore. If 10v10 replaces 5v5, “Cubecraft neglects their community” ultimately becomes fact. Like said before, an overwhelming majority do not like this, consisting of people who have genuinely spent months playing this game and going through one of the most infuriating queuing systems to exist, going through the most annoying bugs to exist, still they spent that time and stuck through and the thanks they will get is just being ignored more than they already have been. By releasing this change, you prove to those players that you do not care about them and the game, you prove to those players that you are neglecting them, you prove to those players that saying “we’re not neglecting the playerbase” is nothing but a lie. That’s how you’ve turned the player’s feelings into fact. This change releasing could very well literally be the last straw, and after that, it’s kinda done for. The players aren’t going to stay with a server that’ll just ignore their feelings, they won’t stay with a game that the server doesn’t care about. This isn’t sudden either, they have felt this way for so long.

Here’s why they’re replacing 5v5 with 10v10
-We aim to provide the most enjoyable experience there is to offer and feel that 10v10 will help achieve this.
-Maintaining 2 versions of Blockwars becomes time-consuming. Condensing the game allows us to focus on new features and additions to the game! As a side-effect, less bugs should also appear as a result.
-We wish to keep a high player count per game portal as much as possible to allow our match-making system to perform optimally.

And here’s why it’s gonna make things worse, rather than better.
-10v10 is not going to make things more enjoyable, it’s going to make things even more frustrating. Queuing issues are going to be worse because of its high priority of putting people in games that have already started rather than games that need to start. For over 500 days, that’s been an issue in 5v5, and the team just refused to change it, so what suggests they’ll change it now? So pretty much a majority of the games are just going to have unfair starts to them, more than what we have now in 5v5 which is less fun. There’s also more people on the team, which means more people who are going to 100% just get diamond or iron and camp their base the entire game. Which isn’t fun, it’s not fun in giga, and it’s not fun to deal with in 5v5 either.
-Most players don’t like giga, you can’t really do anything at a certain point of the game which is when you’re most likely to join the game. Nobody asked for giga and same thing here, nobody asked for 10v10, especially if it’s going to replace the first ever version of the game. More people are asking for 2v2 duels, people are now starting to ask that the 10v10 replaces giga instead.
-10v10 is not a good idea if you want to keep a high player count, especially with the queuing system for Blockwars, as I mentioned before. In an ideal world, probably the best option is having 10v10 be giga (or maybe 20v20 instead), leave 5v5 alone, and omg I have to say it again, fix the queuing problems. It’s going to do so much if you listen to your community and decide to keep players playing for longer instead of making them leave in hopes of finding new players.

Why did I call 10v10 the last straw ?
It has to do with past updates, how they’ve just been released with what felt like little to no playtesting or even effort put into the update. This is a team of people, who’ve decided to release an update with a full ton of bugs and issues, examples are:
-1.19 migration
-Game Framework migrations (particularly CTF)

and the amount of smaller issues that haven’t been fixed is just what ?
-Being stabbed by invisible players that you can’t even hit back
-Being stuck in the infinite abyss not being able to do anything until you get killed
-Items not even properly stacking in your inventory
-Your inventory sometimes not even saving the setup that you had
-Not even being able to craft things from quick crafting

it’s just annoying, and why ?
-Why can’t the players just play the update without massive issues getting in the way ?
-Why do they have to constantly feel like they’re being blatantly ignored ?
-Why do they all have to repeat the same exact process of what feels like just hell every single time ?
-Why do they have to report the bugs with a 50/50 chance it’ll get fixed in the end ?

Some other questions begin with “how”
-How many times do the players have to speak about the same problems until they get solved ?
-How many more players have to leave because the server had too many problems before they get solved in the end ?

This isn’t a joke, and it shouldn’t be seen as a joke. Things are currently tense, and releasing these changes with an overwhelming majority disliking them is literally going to make things worse, that is the simplest way I can put it. Literally players not being able to reply and give their thoughts on the original post is enough to show.
I miss focus groups, I miss when there was more of a say in future updates, I miss what *was* Cubecraft, but I’m not going to miss what it is now.
All the stuff you should probably take from this post is more above, but this entire thing is important to hear.
But hey, it’s fine, it’s your server, your game, do whatever you want with it, but that’s just what’ll happen if 10v10 replaces 5v5.
In my opinion i want to keep blockwars 5 its fun i see it whene we are on 5 in party

CalvinxKlein

Jun 11, 2022
Punjab, India but I really wanna go to London
Pronouns
He/Him
As someone who has put more than 1.5 year sweating on the CTF gamemode from being a decent mobile player to a good PC player I enjoyed this gamemode very much even though the issues were quite annoying but still I decided to keep on playing... I am not really active on social like forums or discord nor do I message much I barely have 14 posts on the CC forums which are just random stuff but seeing this happen I can predict the amount of backlash this is going to receive after it's release in a few days. If they do go ahead and release(which is most likely) it's gonna do the opposite of what they have thought. Well anyway, I wanted to leave CC for a bit as I wanted to play on The HiveMC so I could improve at my PvP skills(as there are more sweats on Hive than CC) and come back to CC and play my favourite game but It seem I'll permanently shift to The Hive and maybe grind there on CTF as I would be more happy to play on a server which listens to it's community than one which does not. Then Maybe It's a farewell from me CubeCraft such a great journey from a very noob to a decent player you have made me...... I'll miss you forever in my dearest memories.... ❤️❤️❤️😞👋👋

Desiderata

Forum Expert
Oct 31, 2023
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/She/They
I honestly prefer 5v5s but I'll see first how it goes

for me tho it would be much better if they added new maps with game-changing features in them
lmao i didn't catch that they're deleting 5v5s permanently

not a fan of this decision tbh, 10v10s just makes queueing harder and the games a little more unbalanced

QuackCorn100

Jan 23, 2024
In my opinion, the update is more of a popularity boost for CTF than an improvement to the game. I am especially upset about the PvP aspect of the game. It used to be based purely on skill, because everyone had the same armor and weapons; whoever was the most skilled was the best. So, for the past 2 to 2.5 years, I've been grinding my PvP ability, and playing no video game except CTF on CubeCraft. And I was exceptionally good at it. I would defeat nearly everyone who tried to fight me, and I earned that. But with the update, CubeCraft is encouraging the use of iron weapons/armor and putting chests all over the (huge) maps with enchanted loot in them. I am exceptionally skilled, yet I get beaten by everyone I fight, because they have all this gear I don't.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Giga goes on forever and is more frustrating than fun to play. 10v10 is just a smaller version of that. To many players making to much chaos. 5v5 at least meant my group of 3 would play with 2 randoms but now it’s 7, a lot of time they have no idea what they are doing and it makes it more harder. I can’t understand the logic behind this decision. I wish this decision was discussed before implementing but it’s not like they would listen to us.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

parent calling you halfway through pvp is the worst debuff you could ever get
Take back what I said earlier, the Infected Wolf spider from grounded is terrifying
This is fr me during bedwars
RDT_20240427_1241257018540164098121553.png
I'm here!
(i'm everywhere)
Top Bottom