Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should Cubecraft introduce bigger sanction for inappropriate skins/names?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MeliodasWrath

Aug 27, 2019
the UK *sips tea*
If you have an inappropriate skin or name, you are banned until you change the skin. However, this offers little to no punishment, as you can just change the skin/name, appeal and hop right back on, with no sanction for having used a bad name/skin. I suggest people with bad skins/names are first warned and banned until they change it and can appeal on the website. Then, for the second offence they will be banned for a week, a month and then permanently. This ensures the rule-breaker will actually be punished instead of just being able to join again after a quick skin/name change.

Lozora

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
The Netherlands
No.

Inappropriate skins are easy to change on several sites for skins so the problem could easily be solved as you said : "get banned, change your skin, appeal and hop right back on."
Making the punishment for those offences worse is just not needed and way too heavy as it's not one of the most worst offences.

MeliodasWrath

Aug 27, 2019
the UK *sips tea*
I disagree because bad skins arent really that big of a deal.
No.

Inappropriate skins are easy to change on several sites for skins so the problem could easily be solved as you said : "get banned, change your skin, appeal and hop right back on."
Making the punishment for those offences worse is just not needed and way too heavy as it's not one of the most worst offences.
While I agree it isn't the biggest issue, it could potentially be really bad, including nude skins and maybe even websites put on names and/or skins. This would mean the server isn't family friendly, and they could also change the skin, and change it straight back to the inappropriate one and keep doing that until someone takes action.

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Pronouns
He/They
We already have a punishment track for the repeated use of inappropriate skins/names.

If a user is banned for an inappropriate skin/name more than three times, they get a ban for trolling (skipping the warning) and if it ever happens again they just progress further within the trolling punishment track. So it goes as follows:

Ban until Appealed -> Ban until Appealed -> Ban until Appealed -> Trolling Ban (1 day) -> Trolling Ban (7 days) -> Trolling Ban (30 days) -> Trolling Ban (Permanent)

MeliodasWrath

Aug 27, 2019
the UK *sips tea*
We already have a punishment track for the repeated use of inappropriate skins/names.

If a user is banned for an inappropriate skin/name more than three times, they get a ban for trolling (skipping the warning) and if it ever happens again they just progress further within the trolling punishment track. So it goes as follows:

Ban until Appealed -> Ban until Appealed -> Ban until Appealed -> Trolling Ban (1 day) -> Trolling Ban (7 days) -> Trolling Ban (30 days) -> Trolling Ban (Permanent)
Ah, okay. Wasn't aware of this. Thanks for the insight!

Reactions: Eli

Blank

Sep 19, 2017
Egypt

but why it's not in the official rules? I mean this punishment track

Reactions: xHappyMood and Eli

Craeonkie

Apr 12, 2020
Could someone lock this before someone accidentally necro posts? I have seen people remind staff to lock stuff without getting banned so I'm just saying

Lozora

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
The Netherlands
Could someone lock this before someone accidentally necro posts? I have seen people remind staff to lock stuff without getting banned so I'm just saying
Please don't necropost, this is replying to threads which have been inactive for over more than 3 weeks. They are not allowed to be revived!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

apparently the free 500 minecoins isnt actually "free", you have to buy something first

LAME!
UncleSpect wrote on Thjis's profile.
congratss thisj o/
Kazwa wrote on Gemmmmie's profile.
lyyy x
Just got off work and have to wake up in 5,5 hours for school tomorrow… :sadnoot:
Sleep well cuties ❤️
Top Bottom