Better Cubelets

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by SpicyVolcano, Jul 10, 2016.

  1. SpicyVolcano

    SpicyVolcano Member

    Messages:
    189
    Likes Received:
    20
    Trophy Points:
    43
    SpicyVolcano
    Gold
    I think that the more experience you have, the less likely it should be that you get a cubelet of something you already have.
     
  2. TheEnderking

    TheEnderking Member

    Messages:
    31
    Likes Received:
    2
    Trophy Points:
    8
    yes good idea im level 14
     
  3. Megaaa

    Megaaa Member

    Messages:
    7,379
    Likes Received:
    4,215
    Trophy Points:
    318
    xMegaCoolx
    Obsidian
    Could be possible. But levels are infinite. So it is maybe hard to code it.
     
  4. Qin Shihuangdi

    Qin Shihuangdi Member

    Messages:
    4,748
    Likes Received:
    3,180
    Trophy Points:
    283
    I think this is a good idea, but as said above it could be hard to code.
     
  5. SpicyVolcano

    SpicyVolcano Member

    Messages:
    189
    Likes Received:
    20
    Trophy Points:
    43
    SpicyVolcano
    Gold
    Just because levels are infinite doesn't make it any harder to code. Even if it is harder to code, it's not by much.
     
  6. HangarGeek

    HangarGeek Member

    Messages:
    3,121
    Likes Received:
    2,543
    Trophy Points:
    333
    HangarGeek
    Obsidian
    It's about probabilities. Level 2.000.000.000 will have like 1.000% chances of not getting something it have. Impossible is not, but can be a little bit OP if you are my level (2.000.000.000)
     
  7. Megaaa

    Megaaa Member

    Messages:
    7,379
    Likes Received:
    4,215
    Trophy Points:
    318
    xMegaCoolx
    Obsidian
    Also @SpicyVolcano, some people are so lucky, the already have almsot everything. So then it is useless.
     
  8. SpicyVolcano

    SpicyVolcano Member

    Messages:
    189
    Likes Received:
    20
    Trophy Points:
    43
    SpicyVolcano
    Gold
    All you have to do is add a limit to it. You don't have to have infinitely better chances of good loot as your experience goes up.
     
  9. TheQueenWaddle

    TheQueenWaddle Member

    Messages:
    955
    Likes Received:
    557
    Trophy Points:
    108
    Just because it's useless for some doesn't mean it's a bad idea. I'm 99% sure that no one has every item you can get from a Cubelet.
     
    CattyCat likes this.
  10. SpicyVolcano

    SpicyVolcano Member

    Messages:
    189
    Likes Received:
    20
    Trophy Points:
    43
    SpicyVolcano
    Gold
    Useless for 3% of people does not mean useless for the other 97%.
     
  11. Megaaa

    Megaaa Member

    Messages:
    7,379
    Likes Received:
    4,215
    Trophy Points:
    318
    xMegaCoolx
    Obsidian
    I think it is more then 3% of the community that has a high level though.
    Maybe this is good for now players, but for players that are here for half a year, a year or even more, is it useless.
     
  12. TheQueenWaddle

    TheQueenWaddle Member

    Messages:
    955
    Likes Received:
    557
    Trophy Points:
    108
    I don't understand what you're trying to argue here. I think this is a really cool idea; it benefits everyone, and if it's a obstacle for the devs, I'm sure the basis of the idea could be tweaked, but the general thought is great.
     
  13. CattyCat

    CattyCat Member

    Messages:
    2,270
    Likes Received:
    718
    Trophy Points:
    128
    Catty__Cat
    I like this idea!
     
  14. MrTokay

    MrTokay Member

    Messages:
    586
    Likes Received:
    423
    Trophy Points:
    63
    I like the idea.

    For it being hard to code, you could max level 1,000 and then if somebody gets over a thousand (me), recode it.

    Great idea, it would really even out the amount of old items you get:)
     
  15. AcidKirby

    AcidKirby Member

    Messages:
    177
    Likes Received:
    37
    Trophy Points:
    28
    it sounds like a good idea.. but i guess that it's just going to stay at "luck"