Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
Just like almost every minecraft server out there, they have factions. What if cubecraft had factions? Would players play it? Would people enjoy it? I thought it would be really cool if cubecraft had factions because it seems original due to the amount of players playing it and the amount of servers that have it makes it sound very original in these modern days.

-Hank

Reactions: Lilleh__

Rob_the_Giraffe

Novice Member
Mar 2, 2017
https://reports.cubecraft.net/report
Factions I believe was removed from this server along with skyblock about a year and a half ago. I doubt these games will make a comeback since they weren't really that popular and that is why they were removed. Also factions didn't do anything to help the player base so there are a few good reasons why it has been removed from the sever. Sorry but I am going to have to say NO to this suggestion

Reactions: ItsDavey_ and Ducky

ItsDavey_

Forum Expert
Nov 23, 2014
the Netherlands
I don't really like Factions. And I don't see it on cubecraft.
You Did not suggested about skyblock, But That game is enjoyable and I like it! And love to see skyblock having a comeback.

Jackelele

Apr 14, 2017
United Kingdom
jackelele.co.uk
Factions doesn't suit CubeCraft in my opinion, I can see it causing issues with rule breaking in the future. There would have to be a lot of work added into it, both staff and development side. Factions isn't really a minigame, It's a no for me.

Wintrie

Dedicated Member
Dec 1, 2016
Scotland
www.youtube.com
I cant really see Factions on CubeCraft ( as stated before ) I think factions should be the main focus on a server. With the minigame feel of CubeCraft I dont believe this would fit.

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
We do know that Skyblock will be coming back someday. But I'm not sure if they're planning to return Factions, really.
I honestly do want to see Factions come back. There aren't really any big 1.9 Factions servers out there. I would enjoy if Cubecraft returned it and if possible make it for 1.12.

Factions was removed from the server but they have been thinking about bringing it back. It would be a pretty big update and it would probably take a while to make it happen. There is indeed a pretty big amount of players that like factions and if it comes back I hope it will be more popular than in the past. Also a lot of servers with factions are faction servers. On these servers get factions a lot of attention because factions is the main focus there. Cubecraft can probably not give factions that much attention because there are a lot of other games on the server which need attention, so it will probably never be as good as the factions on faction servers, but ut would still be fun for the people who really love Cubecraft and factions. So it is a maybe from me.

Reactions: iLoveYouu
Honestly, I wouldn't want it.
Factions isn't really my game. Plus, I suck at it.

Also, we would then have to deal with X-Ray hackers :/
There is something called anti-x-ray. When you turn on x-ray you will see ores everywhere. A lot off servers have this and it could probably be added to Cubecrafts anti-cheat too! X-ray is useless this way. It might cause some bugs at first but that can be fixed later.

xXNiChO_29Xx

Dedicated Member
Feb 20, 2016
I love Factions <3 So it's a YES for me!
Also, Sky Block... It's great but when you get to the end you can't do anything, kinda limited but Skyblock can be really awesome to play with friends so I think adding it back could come in handy C:

+1

HackersDontWin

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Factions I believe was removed from this server along with skyblock about a year and a half ago. I doubt these games will make a comeback since they weren't really that popular and that is why they were removed.
SkyBlock was very popular? According to your profile you joined in 2017 so I'm assuming you're new to CubeCraft. CubeCraft put them down in maintenance (FreeBuild) due to many bugs I believe (I only know that this was the reason for Creative, I don't know 100% the reason for why SkyBlock or Factions went down too). What I do know is that it's not due to popularity.

Jaistrix

Forum Expert
Oct 20, 2015
England
twitter.com
I'd genuinely love to see factions back, I started getting into playing it before it was put into maintenance but I think one of the main reasons it was taken down was the servers were constantly crashing or having sudden huge lag spikes that made it unplayable but that's another story.

I think with 1.9+ it would have so much potential as there are so many more vanilla enchantments and items. The general minecraft physics are very different too. If done properly with the right plugins like i said, it has so much potential. I'd definitely play it :p I get excited thinking about it.

Unfearful

Forum Expert
Oct 9, 2015
the Netherlands
Factions was removed from the server but they have been thinking about bringing it back. It would be a pretty big update and it would probably take a while to make it happen. There is indeed a pretty big amount of players that like factions and if it comes back I hope it will be more popular than in the past. Also a lot of servers with factions are faction servers. On these servers get factions a lot of attention because factions is the main focus there. Cubecraft can probably not give factions that much attention because there are a lot of other games on the server which need attention, so it will probably never be as good as the factions on faction servers, but ut would still be fun for the people who really love Cubecraft and factions. So it is a maybe from me.
Don't worry skyblock might come back to Cubecraft someday!:)
And how do "you" know?

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
Reactions: Unfearful

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
Here's what I know regarding Freebuild:

Factions was left with a game-breaking bug for six months. Said bug was the result of the /sethome command, which when inputted would instantly crash the server and reset it by about five minutes or so. A friend of mine contacted Marco personally and explained the issue, yet he was adamant on not fixing it. The problem persisted for over six months or so, until the server was eventually taken offline alongside the rest of Freebuild.

We were told in early 2015 that it would be returning. I believe that this was their original intention, seeing as how there were staff-endorsed suggestion threads, and additions to the 'Factions' section of the forums. However, as each month passed, we were repeatedly told that it would be coming 'Soon'. A few ETA's they gave were Summer 2015, Fall 2015, "the end of the year", and Summer 2016. Since then, we've heard nothing, and the spawn that was intended to be used for Factions was re-purposed for something else.

Whatever their reasons for this, it's evident that the management team does not want Factions on the server. Keep in mind that a simple change of rank permissions would've resolved the bug, thereby allowing its still sizable player-base to enjoy the game. For whatever reason, they decided to dismiss all requests to do this. I can therefore only conclude that they do not want Factions on Cubecraft.

In relation to Skyblock, a game-breaking duplication glitch was found and exploited at a very inconvenient time, being when Rubik_Cube_Man was I believe on vacation. By the time anything could be done, the game's integrity had long since shattered. Shortly thereafter, the world corrupted and the server went offline. It was revived, however due to the immense player-count, it shortly became unplayable again, the world corrupted, and the game was swiftly removed.

Despite the evident demand for its return, the management team likely feels it's too risky an investment due to these two aforementioned experiences.

It's a shame to see how all those who once advocated for the return of these once beloved games have long since quit, no doubt out of impatience or frustration.

The only advice I can give to you if you're expecting to see them, is to not get your hopes too high. Perhaps they'll surprise us someday and we'll see them return, but from experience, I sadly wouldn't count on it. Skyblock may still return (fingers crossed), however Cubecraft Games is a minigame server now, and is no longer known for hosting Freebuild games.

Last edited:
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

2v2 bedwars sucked so bad it made me a skywars main again
Reesle wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Top Bottom