Status
Not open for further replies.

johncoles

Forum Expert
Jan 6, 2014
Manchester, UK
johncoles.com
Hello CubeCrafters!

You might have noticed today that a number of network wide bans were issued to a number of users. As there were quite a few and the community will most likely want to know why I am writing this to give you all some insight.

Firstly, let me say that handing out a network ban is a rare occurrence; we use them only in extreme circumstances. With that said, we have had credible reports from multiple users surrounding certain members of the community. Due to the overwhelming evidence surrounding the people involved and the seriousness of the issues, we took the decision to network ban the users.

So then, what did they do that was so bad? While I'm not going to comment on each individual user, I will give some insight. It came to our attention that members of our community had created a private Discord server where they were discussing certain topics that would have been bannable if they were on our official servers. Typically, we wouldn't take action from reports about content that is not on an official CubeCraft platform, however, in this case, the topics being discussed were unacceptable.

Users were sharing private photos of other community members (which has been escalated to the relevant parties) along with making threats about other members of the community. These instances were serious enough to warrant us issuing network bans.

As I mentioned above, network bans are rare. They are issued by a group of staff, never as an individual staff member. We do this to ensure that they are being used properly. We use them to protect all the people involved. The ban prevents the user for joining or conversing with any other members involved. It's worth pointing out that Once you have been banned (in one place or a full network ban) you are not allowed to join or avoid the ban. Doing so will lead to further bans.

I'd like to thank the users that came forward to report the issues and help us. We're glad that the issues have been dealt with and we look forward to moving on.

If you're concerned with any activity on CubeCraft platforms or on other feel free to email me (john@cubecraft.net) or anyone else in Management and we'll help in anyway we can.

I'll see you all online!

D

Deleted member 169486

Assuming this is about anti-wannabe server, it was started as a place where cubecrafters listed helper wannabes and decided who was higher on the wannabe list. Later, a NSFW chat was made, where NSFW photos were shared. A picture of a girl was shared, however her age was unknown. No clue what happened for a few days, but the last I was tacosbefriends and a few members were arguing about whether the images were CP or not.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
You banned players who had nothing to do with it, who didn't even have the pictures and who none of you have evidence for. I don't see how that is justified.
These were beloved forum members, banned because of evidence that we aren't even sure exists.
Let's not mention Marieke, who, tacos admitted there is no actual evidence of her leaking.

Now we could be wrong about all of this, but since you can't show us the evidence (which in the case of Marieke apparently doesn't even exist), you're not gonna convince us very soon.

Kloska

Duckerator
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Jul 3, 2016
Sweden
Such a nice thread, but now can you tell us something that actually happened? There is still no proof.
If someone is getting sexually offended, they usually do not have proof more then stories to tell. The judges does their
assessments and punish after that. I suppose they had to do the kind of same thing. No need to derogate others. I don't even know the affected person, but I really think that ya'll should stop moaning about what hapend and just go on.

D

Deleted member 169486

If someone is getting sexually offended, they usually do not have proof more then stories to tell. The judges does their
assessments and punish after that. I suppose they had to do the kind of same thing. No need to derogate others. I don't even know the affected person, but I really think that ya'll should stop moaning about what hapend and just go on.
But like, there was one picture, which didn't have a face or anything really identifying, and then people arguing over who it is/isn't.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I was waiting for CCGN to make a thread to lie about what happened. It's all just a cover-up. Some people know what went down and some people don't. CCGN can lie all they want but the truth is right out there. This whole thing is very odd and just ridiculous. Might I add the reason you gave is honestly the stupidest thing you could possibly ban someone for.

D

Deleted member 169486

I was waiting for CCGN to make a thread to lie about what happened. It's all just a cover-up. Some people know what went down and some people don't. CCGN can lie all they want but the truth is right out there. This whole thing is very odd and just ridiculous. Might I add the reason you gave is honestly the stupidest thing you could possibly ban someone for.
ATTENTION EVERYONE!!!!!! @_The13thDoctor_ HAS DISAGREED WITH CCGN FOR THE FIRST TIME. That is all, thank you.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
Also, why didn't the person who took and spread the photos in the first place get banned? She did just as much harm, and considering this:
its just hilarious that she pretended it was her on these pictures just to get attention and would get people banned who didn't do anything lmao
she more than deserves it too. Hmmmm, maybe it has something to do with money?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

WorriedSkate940 wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
Happy birthday!!
JustNathie wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
Happy birthday! 💜🎉
Oof I gotta find another way of getting rid of my boredom. I literally have a week's holiday and I don't know what to do. Definitely not artwork-
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
Happy birthday my friend!:D I wish you a great and fantastic day ^-^
Mintypie231 wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
Didn't realise it was your birthday. Happy birthday 🎂
Top Bottom