Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
i got this idea for discord from another server i play on (watch one of ssundees current series youll figure it out) this idea will speed up the process of muting

Whats the issue?

Currently in the reporting system it can take awhile to get to any one report in this case if someone was reported for swearing or verbal abuse, advertising, ect they can go on like this for a long time before a report on themgets dealt with because its cluttered up with other higher offences

Whats the idea?

Split the two, create a channel on discord for muting (you can set it so so only staff can read chat history basically its like how bug reports is now) and leave the report section for everything else (you can still use the report section but its a slower process) discord is a quick way of getting support thus chat offences since they are minor and it both speeds up a mute punishment and they can be dealt with much quicker than the report section especially since the server is supposed to be kid friendly (what is that anyway?) itll get all the junk out of chat faster

telegamer

Forum Veteran
Jul 28, 2015
Bansilvania
bit.ly
We will never ever be accepting reports outside of the report website. Ever. "But tele why?" you ask? Well it's quite simple:

In the current report system you have to go ingame to do /registerreports, which links your Minecraft account to your reports account. This means nobody else can create a report under your name, which they can do via the forums/Discord since that doesn't link to ingame. Anyone could create a report and fake it, anyone. And we'd have no idea who faked it since anyone can use any username which could result in other people being muted.

On top of all that it'd just get messy and create spam either way, the current report system is great both player and staff side (let's be honest I've had a lot of experience both sides so I am a good judge)

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
We will never ever be accepting reports outside of the report website. Ever. "But tele why?" you ask? Well it's quite simple:

In the current report system you have to go ingame to do /registerreports, which links your Minecraft account to your reports account. This means nobody else can create a report under your name, which they can do via the forums/Discord since that doesn't link to ingame. Anyone could create a report and fake it, anyone. And we'd have no idea who faked it since anyone can use any username which could result in other people being muted.
There is a discord plugin i think that links your account to specfic games, sort of what Steam and Nvidia do ive also seen stuff on the internet in the past where the situation described above can be done even if the report section is tied to your minecraft account
(let's be honest I've had a lot of experience both sides so I am a good judge)
Or so you think ;)

Pls no ban

Reactions: A pigeon
A

A pigeon

There is a discord plugin i think that links your account to specfic games, sort of what Steam and Nvidia do ive also seen stuff on the internet in the past where the situation described above can be done even if the report section is tied to your minecraft account

Or so you think ;)

Pls no ban
If thats true then this would make it easier to add build battle as the staff could do stuff fastwr and get inappropriate build reports over with faster. If such plugin exists that is

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
i got this idea for discord from another server i play on (watch one of ssundees current series youll figure it out) this idea will speed up the process of muting

Whats the issue?

Currently in the reporting system it can take awhile to get to any one report in this case if someone was reported for swearing or verbal abuse, advertising, ect they can go on like this for a long time before a report on themgets dealt with because its cluttered up with other higher offences

Whats the idea?

Split the two, create a channel on discord for muting (you can set it so so only staff can read chat history basically its like how bug reports is now) and leave the report section for everything else (you can still use the report section but its a slower process) discord is a quick way of getting support thus chat offences since they are minor and it both speeds up a mute punishment and they can be dealt with much quicker than the report section especially since the server is supposed to be kid friendly (what is that anyway?) itll get all the junk out of chat faster
No, I don't think this is a good idea.
I think the report site is a good place to report all the rulebreakers.
And, everybody with a computer/laptop has WI-FI (Almost everybody) to go to the report site.
If this would be added, you first have to download discord.
So, -1 from me.

Edgeless

Dedicated Member
May 9, 2016

On top of all that it'd just get messy and create spam either way, the current report system is great both player and staff side (let's be honest I've had a lot of experience both sides so I am a good judge)
Judge Tele. Yea I disagree with this thread why do people want this so bad jezz

telegamer

Forum Veteran
Jul 28, 2015
Bansilvania
bit.ly
Please don't make useless posts, I have also deleted any other posts that were related to it and also useless.

--

Still doesn't make it more or as efficient as the current system, would require effort for a system that simply wouldn't be more efficient as mods still have to take the time to deal with these reports which doesn't mean they will be doing these first, likely the other way around as it would require more work dealing with reports via Discord than the current system.

Tl;dr: reports via Discord will never happen, thanks for the suggestion either way! ^-^

Reactions: DragonLord
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
cool moderator!
UncleSpect wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on privqted's profile.
Cool Youtuber!
Basketman wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Top Bottom