Do you like OP mode in Eggwars?

• Yes

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 44 57.1%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 112709

I legit HATE op. 99% is bowspamming. 1% is actual pvp. 100% is camping.

I hate long pvp fights. It's usually the person who can click the fastest and not the person with 1.9 pvp skill.
Can you explain how it's fun when all you are doing is bowspamming? OP is the paradise for bowspammers
and campers.
You are noob if you lose against bowspammers..
7sc7ot.jpg

Reactions: Earth

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
What I like about OP:
-More items per cost
-Faster timings and openings
-More diamond gear, epearls (love the ability to use blink across chasms!)

What I don't like about OP:
-In 1.9+ especially, fights will drag even longer, something a lot of players hated before 1.9 was officially released. It appears people have ironically reconsidered this though as usual with every update.
-More arrows. Though I like the bow, it's more campfest since everything is cheaper
-Oftentimes, OP is the second-most frequently played game. It gets tiring after a while and it's even worse when you cannot get anything fast enough or happen to be unlucky to get irrelevant items (applies to SG/skywars, but OP is played 2nd most in any game that has OP mode).
-Fights last EVEN longer if the game has extra health such that the player is unkillable if they have god apples and backup regular gapples.
-Conventional PvP techniques are not practical thanks to long fights. The only way to kill players in this case is to use Void energy, but it is highly unpredictable and in sufficient quantities it is lethal to all entities.

Reactions: Qin Shihuangdi

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
Considering values were made for 1.8 and that protection 5 is higher than the maximum vanilla MC protections, I'd just lower the protection to three.

Also maybe higher God Apple price?

OP is enjoyable but we need cheaper ender pearls, expensive god apples and lower protection, that's it.

D

Deleted member 112709

It ain't called overpowered for nothing. Why do you think that more than 80% people want op? Because they like the protection 5 and sharpness, and the fact that most items are really cheap. I'm 100% sure more people like overpowered instead of dislike it.

And everyone who says that you have long fights in overpowered ARE JUST WRONG. The only thing I can say than is that you are not good in PvP, if you can't kill campers or have long fights. And I know that fights in normal are faster, because you don't have protection 5. If you dislike overpowered, just vote normal.

It's disgusting that people want to remove or change overpowered, for just a few simple reasons.

TheFastBowler

Forum Expert
Jul 26, 2016
India
hatrex.net
The only aspect of this I enjoy is that the fights last long, but then comes the problem, for only the punch bow to get spammed and thats it. There are many reasons why I don't like it. It promotes camping a lot and even if you get an ender pearl, the camper has a backup one to escape. Secondly, it takes absolutely little to no PvP skill as you just need to bow spam to knock the player off. You can jitter click and try to break the armour but thats no fun if you're not doing any real damage. Fights lasting long are both good and negative, but I find more negatives to OP and I completely support you if you don't like it too much.

Reactions: Qin Shihuangdi

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
Another piece of proof that people can't grow out of this safety net is this game of tropical I just played. I normally play either hardcore or normal items with normal health. One game, I saw a gold rank in game, assuming they voted for OP / Normal I voted for normal items and didn't vote for health knowing my chance for normal items would be higher. To my surprise, the guy voted for hardcore and triple. Because my normal vote was taken, I decided to try it. Usually, one person leaves if normal is selected. But this time, people cheered me for voting normal and nobody legt. Why? Because the safety net exists in normal triple health. Something needs to be done with the safety net.

D

Deleted member 112709

Another piece of proof that people can't grow out of this safety net is this game of tropical I just played. I normally play either hardcore or normal items with normal health. One game, I saw a gold rank in game, assuming they voted for OP / Normal I voted for normal items and didn't vote for health knowing my chance for normal items would be higher. To my surprise, the guy voted for hardcore and triple. Because my normal vote was taken, I decided to try it. Usually, one person leaves if normal is selected. But this time, people cheered me for voting normal and nobody legt. Why? Because the safety net exists in normal triple health. Something needs to be done with the safety net.
I don't understand why you are complaining about overpowered. If you don't like it, just don't play it. There is a function before the game starts to vote what you want, and what you prefer. If someone else voted overpowered, and the game choosed overpowered just leave? It can not be made easier

Reactions: Earth

scriblemelego

Mar 17, 2016
It ain't called overpowered for nothing. Why do you think that more than 80% people want op? Because they like the protection 5 and sharpness, and the fact that most items are really cheap. I'm 100% sure more people like overpowered instead of dislike it.

And everyone who says that you have long fights in overpowered ARE JUST WRONG. The only thing I can say than is that you are not good in PvP, if you can't kill campers or have long fights. And I know that fights in normal are faster, because you don't have protection 5. If you dislike overpowered, just vote normal.

It's disgusting that people want to remove or change overpowered, for just a few simple reasons.
I don't understand why you are complaining about overpowered. If you don't like it, just don't play it. There is a function before the game starts to vote what you want, and what you prefer. If someone else voted overpowered, and the game choosed overpowered just leave? It can not be made easier

I think the problem is that not everyone has gold rank+ (myself included). This means they get no say in the votes and have to go with whatever gets voted by any donors that are in the match. You say to just leave when OP gets voted, but sometimes people might have waited ages trying to find a specific map, only to have OP get voted for. It's not disgusting that people want to change it, there are more than just a "few simple reasons".

Anyways, thank you everyone for replying to this post, I'm starting to get some of the appeal (still don't care for it though).

Grimmay

Dedicated Member
Apr 30, 2016
a Pleb Family
www.youtube.com
I think the problem is that not everyone has gold rank+ (myself included). This means they get no say in the votes and have to go with whatever gets voted by any donors that are in the match. You say to just leave when OP gets voted, but sometimes people might have waited ages trying to find a specific map, only to have OP get voted for. It's not disgusting that people want to change it, there are more than just a "few simple reasons".

Anyways, thank you everyone for replying to this post, I'm starting to get some of the appeal (still don't care for it though).
I really like OP, and as a diamond rank i pretty much always vote for it. For the people that don't like OP, they have 2 main options. Buy a rank to vote for something different, or leave the game and try another game (if OP is voted for).

If OP was removed, there would be outrage by donators (including myself), because when we bought the rank, it specified that we could vote for OP, so if we can no longer vote OP, people may get angry.

I'm sorry you don't like it, but unfortunately, a lot of people do :-(

Thanks for putting the time in on this thread, it's good to hear other people's opinions :-D

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Critly wrote on Kloska's profile.
Happy Birthday, enjoy your day! 🎉
Basketman wrote on Kloska's profile.
Happy Birthday mister Ducky 🎉🥳
BurgerCat13 wrote on Kloska's profile.
Happy birthday Kloskyy!!!
𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on Kloska's profile.
Happy bday 🥳