Do you like OP mode in Eggwars?

• Yes

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 44 57.1%

• Total voters

scriblemelego

Mar 17, 2016
I'm personally not a fan at all and usually leave games when it gets voted, but I'd really like to know why so many people ask for it and vote for it. I've tried asking people why they like it, but I usually get a generic response, nothing, or sometimes a "KYS".

So why do you like OP? I have two major reasons why I don't, what are your counters to them?

1. The winner of a fight is either who gets knocked off first or whose armor breaks first.
Due to armor being so strong even when it's just leather, fights last way too long. Often, fights end up being a matter of who can knock who off the edge first, or who can break the whose armor first creating long and boring fights. God apples only being 10 diamonds also helps with this, allowing players to stockpile them making fights last even longer! This is probably my main point due to combat being one of the biggest parts of eggwars.

2. Pickaxes getting so good that obsidian is basically sandstone.
Now I understand this never happens until very late into OP mode, but still. With obby costing a mere 3 gold per, early game has too much obby just tossed all over the egg making it much harder to break eggs and late game you need many, many layers to defend against the op pickaxes.

Anyways, those are just my reasons why I don't care for it. I'd like to know why you like it! Or maybe you agree with me and don't like it, I dunno. Thanks for reading!

Thaus

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
In a chicken coop
I legit HATE op. 99% is bowspamming. 1% is actual pvp. 100% is camping.
I like OP because I LOVE when the PVP is long as hell. It gives me for feelings, and fun :)
I hate long pvp fights. It's usually the person who can click the fastest and not the person with 1.9 pvp skill.
Can you explain how it's fun when all you are doing is bowspamming? OP is the paradise for bowspammers
and campers.

SkoodyDood

Dedicated Member
Jul 7, 2016
Joe...

I hate long pvp fights. It's usually the person who can click the fastest and not the person with 1.9 pvp skill.
Can you explain how it's fun when all you are doing is bowspamming? OP is the paradise for bowspammers
and campers.
Not to me :P I do both 1.9 and 1.8 (Mostly 1.9) a bit of bow spamming and trolling LOL

SkoodyDood

Dedicated Member
Jul 7, 2016
Joe...
Not to me :p I do both 1.9 and 1.8 (Mostly 1.9) a bit of bow spamming and trolling LOL

and campers.
and I don't bow spam much, but I used to do it. I like long pvp fights cause it gives me more suspension when I'm about to die but I e pearl behind them or things like that xddd

Thaus

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
In a chicken coop
and I don't bow spam much, but I used to do it. I like long pvp fights cause it gives me more suspension when I'm about to die but I e pearl behind them or things like that xddd
No, I meant that I don't like going against a team of bowspammers. Long fights may be kinda ok, but
I like quick, brief fights.

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
I've noticed an overwhelming tendency with eggwars is that 2016 members seem to be more progressive and 2015 members tend to be more agressive. I've noticed that pre-2016 members voted against shooting bows with arrows, and supported the removal of the punch bow and OP mode. The 2016 did just the opposite. I probably hate OP more than anyone else on this server to be honest. I'm fine with OP one ONE map: Snowy. Any other map I leave the game. The only reason I think people like OP is because they're new and need this dumb safety net which OP teaches them to never grow out of, hence my main reason why its removal is good for Cubecraft. I played Cubecraft for about seven months whilst it was in 1.8. During this time, I don't remember ever encountering a close bowspammer. I got bowspammed a few times while building, but this happened maximum five times. After 1.9, I encountered >250 bowspammers. And it's not the fault of 1.9, it's the fault of OP mode. This is why I want OP gone for good. It teaches new players to not play normal mode because they can never get past that safety net. This causes normal mode to be way less fun.

#RemoveOP2K16

1212hawks_

Dedicated Member
Jul 16, 2016
The nest of dorks
www.youtube.com
I like op mode because, I feel like it's something new, something fun. Like I said, I do not like camping and think punch bows should be removed from egg wars. It's very annoying. Well, I use bows but always power. Punch bows are pointless and encourage camping. I also like op because, the fights are more intense in game modes that isn't egg wars.

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
the fights are more intense in game modes that isn't egg wars.
th

Wut... Normal fights are so much more intense

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
I like op mode because, I feel like it's something new, something fun. Like I said, I do not like camping and think punch bows should be removed from egg wars. It's very annoying. Well, I use bows but always power. Punch bows are pointless and encourage camping. I also like op because, the fights are more intense in game modes that isn't egg wars.
Ill never support punishing camping or removing bows as your basically driving the game toward removal by doing that, as for op mode punch bows are must otherwise youll spend forever breaking diamond gear as for camping

Get an enderpearl
Do a anti render bridge
Safebridge across
Skybridge really high up
Kill everyone and bridge over

Its not as hard as you think

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
So why do you like OP?

You dont need to gapple as much and you can tank way more than normal but if your opinions are on the 1.9 client try 1.8 its better balanced,

Getting obsidian is also much easier and in some cases when getting to an island is hard to do theres enderpearls also in 1.9 you cant throw on anything and it be good, you must have a full set of that armor, so say you had a diamond chestplate and the rest leather, the chestplate wont protect you much and only gives a durability buff

Earth

Forum Veteran
Oct 21, 2015
Nowhere
well some reasons are probably the longer pvp fights, cheap steak, and stuff like that but the MAIN reason is because it's so god damn satisfying killing that ultra camping team thinking they're good with full diamond armor. I've won enough 2v1's against diamond armoured players with just 1-2 sets of leather without using a bow and without punching them off the map

and to all players saying "you need to spamclick their armour to win" i can assure you that if you fight 1.9 style the armour breaks way faster

normal is pretty fun once in a while, but i still prefer OP

Last edited:
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Hoshi wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday Egg!! 🎉
Reesle wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday 🥚
hey

if you dont find me playing cubecraft often then dont be surprised
obviously this doesnt mean that im quitting im just like drifting away since ive started to enjoy and play games other than minecraft so what im trying to say is
im not going to be as active ingame but i will be on the forumds
Xi1m wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
happy eggday
Mintypie231 wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday!!! 🎂🎈
Top Bottom