Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
I suggested to remove the recipe a while ago (link). But since then most of the gold blocks have been removed afaik, so I don't really see players crafting enchanted golden apples anymore. I'd still prefer to remove it completely because it doesn't improve the game and it's unintuitive.

Elenahh

Forum Veteran
Apr 10, 2018
Sofia, Bulgaria
I suggested to remove the recipe a while ago (link). But since then most of the gold blocks have been removed afaik, so I don't really see players crafting enchanted golden apples anymore. I'd still prefer to remove it completely because it doesn't improve the game and it's unintuitive.
I saw that you said it's unbalanced, but in my eyes it's just a tactic. Like let's remove eggs from EggWars because it's so unbalanced when we don't have an egg, but our opponent has. How about removing bows because it's so unbalanced when we don't have one, but our opponent has? Or let's just ban all better players than us from CubeCraft because it's so... unbalanced.

Reactions: Lezappen

Jef15ist

Dedicated Member
Jun 7, 2016
India
My opinion on this is to keep it. But only in Team SkyWars maps. It'd be useful in a 1v2/3/4. In solo, most games end quick (No Projectiles gamemode) so I don't think many people would have time to craft it. (The only map I remember gold blocks being there is the map Glass)

For teams; I could easily remember most maps containing gold blocks such as Oasis, Prison, Rainbow, That Mario Map (36 players).

Elenahh

Forum Veteran
Apr 10, 2018
Sofia, Bulgaria
My opinion on this is to keep it. But only in Team SkyWars maps. It'd be useful in a 1v2/3/4. In solo, most games end quick (No Projectiles gamemode) so I don't think many people would have time to craft it. (The only map I remember gold blocks being there is the map Glass)

For teams; I could easily remember most maps containing gold blocks such as Oasis, Prison, Rainbow, That Mario Map (36 players).
What if there is a very OP player in Solo SkyWars? Notch apple could help you deal with a situation like this and that's why I don't see anything wrong with it.

Jef15ist

Dedicated Member
Jun 7, 2016
India
What if there is a very OP player in Solo SkyWars? Notch apple could help you deal with a situation like this and that's why I don't see anything wrong with it.
It would surely, but in my opinion, I think it'd be better not being included in solo. Besides, only a few maps include gold blocks in the first place.

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
I saw that you said it's unbalanced, but in my eyes it's just a tactic. Like let's remove eggs from EggWars because it's so unbalanced when we don't have an egg, but our opponent has. How about removing bows because it's so unbalanced when we don't have one, but our opponent has? Or let's just ban all better players than us from CubeCraft because it's so... unbalanced.
1. Having a bow doesn't automatically mean you win (9/10 tryhards disagree). If I have a golden apple you can only kill me in the void, especially with basic chests.
2. It is possible for multple players/teams to get bows making fights even again.
3. This plugin is never explained on the server so a lot of players won't expect the recipe to exist and are at a disadvantage.

I wouldn't mind removing eggs from eggwars, I never liked the egg mechanic anyways.

What if the op player speedbuilds to mid (probably has a rank and votes basic/no proj) and is invincible the whole game? Would make the situation even worse. Imo the op player is more likely to get the gold than anyone else.

Btw. I found that on the solo map flowers there's enough gold for at least 2 enchanted golden apples. Naturally, after eating one of them nothing could hurt me.
2018-05-25_19.47.57.png

wbgamer

Novice Member
Sep 8, 2017
disagree, one time notch apple gave me a chance to kill a camper with full diamond in BASIC mode ( solo skywars flower map) if we will remove notch apple should we reduce diamond ore to make it balancing .

Reactions: Despacito 2

Elenahh

Forum Veteran
Apr 10, 2018
Sofia, Bulgaria
1. Having a bow doesn't automatically mean you win (9/10 tryhards disagree). If I have a golden apple you can only kill me in the void, especially with basic chests.
2. It is possible for multple players/teams to get bows making fights even again.
3. This plugin is never explained on the server so a lot of players won't expect the recipe to exist and are at a disadvantage.

I wouldn't mind removing eggs from eggwars, I never liked the egg mechanic anyways.

What if the op player speedbuilds to mid (probably has a rank and votes basic/no proj) and is invincible the whole game? Would make the situation even worse. Imo the op player is more likely to get the gold than anyone else.

Btw. I found that on the solo map flowers there's enough gold for at least 2 enchanted golden apples. Naturally, after eating one of them nothing could hurt me.
View attachment 146284
Firstly, I have killed players in Solo SkyWars when they have notch apples, but I don't have one, and I am not the only person who has done this.
Secondly, having a notch apple doesn't mean you automatically win either.
Thirdly, I don't see anything wrong with speed building to middle and taking all the gold. It is something you can do too. The better player wins.

Reactions: Despacito 2
A

A pigeon

Firstly, I have killed players in Solo SkyWars when they have notch apples, but I don't have one, and I am not the only person who has done this.
Thirdly, I don't see anything wrong with speed building to middle and taking all the gold. It is something you can do too. The better player wins.
You convinced me. If staff reads through this feel free to lock

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
I really don't like the fact that they're craftable. It's basically a free win to any fight in normal and basic, and really shouldn't be possible considering the recipe was originally removed in 1.9. Re-implementing the recipe seems pretty counterproductive, and since it's not being mentioned much, many people don't actually know they're craftable again.
Most counter arguments on this thread talk about standing a chance if you're out-geared, but think of it like this: They could just as easily outgear you a ton more with the golden apple in their hands.

disagree, one time notch apple gave me a chance to kill a camper with full diamond in BASIC mode ( solo skywars flower map) if we will remove notch apple should we reduce diamond ore to make it balancing .
So? Get full diamond too, then. If basic is chosen, it's a smart move to invest time in some diamond equipment. Golden apples are pretty much a ticket to winning any fight as long as you know to avoid ledges and traps. Diamond armour is craftable, and that's common knowledge. Enchanted apples on the other hand, are supposed to be impossible to craft, but re-implemented through plugins without really telling people that said recipe exists. It has been mentioned in a previous update log, but it mentioned very discretely.
Sure, not everyone is that great at the game, but that doesn't change the fact that the enchanted apple is too powerful, and it shouldn't be in the game due to the way it was redesigned in 1.9.

If you can avoid traps and void, you're pretty much unkillable. I've never died when I had one of them.
I don't think that whoever makes it to mid first is automatically a better player. And a lot of people don't really like how bridging to mid immediately ruins the pace of the game and gives said person at mid a huge advantage over others right off the bat. On top of that, no projectiles made it so that it's riskless to bridge, meaning the only threat you have to deal with is others coming to mid too. And let's be honest: You only have 1 or 2 people bridging straight to mid in most games.
Being at mid already gives you a huge advantage, so the golden apple is pretty overkill in this situation.

Reactions: MagnificentSpam

Elenahh

Forum Veteran
Apr 10, 2018
Sofia, Bulgaria
Sure, not everyone is that great at the game, but that doesn't change the fact that the enchanted apple is too powerful, and it shouldn't be in the game due to the way it was redesigned in 1.9.
I personally think it should stay in the game because it can be helpful in many situations. Not everyone are that great at the game? I am sorry to say but that's their own problem. In the game the better player wins. The one who is smarter. (Stronger too, but I think brain beats strength.)

If you can avoid traps and void, you're pretty much unkillable. I've never died when I had one of them.
For everything there is a first time. One thing is a fact - no one is unkillable, even if the player uses hacks.

I don't think that whoever makes it to mid first is automatically a better player. And a lot of people don't really like how bridging to mid immediately ruins the pace of the game and gives said person at mid a huge advantage over others right off the bat. On top of that, no projectiles made it so that it's riskless to bridge, meaning the only threat you have to deal with is others coming to mid too. And let's be honest: You only have 1 or 2 people bridging straight to mid in most games.
Being at mid already gives you a huge advantage, so the golden apple is pretty overkill in this situation.
I have never said that the person who makes it to middle first is automatically a better player. Being at middle gives you a huge advantage but it does never give you the win.
Yes, let's be honest that there aren't many people that speed bridge to middle, which means players are not ''invincible'' (as you say) at the beginning. They become ''invincible'' if you let them. Therefore, you can stop them and this is what makes you the better player.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
I personally think it should stay in the game because it can be helpful in many situations. Not everyone are that great at the game? I am sorry to say but that's their own problem. In the game the better player wins. The one who is smarter.
That's not the point. If everyone were just as good, this apple alone would completely destroy any chance of you winning a fight. Sure, it could be useful to the user, but unfairly devastating to the one who has to deal with the user.
For everything there is a first time. One thing is a fact - no one is unkillable, even if the player uses hacks.
That alone kind of further proves my point: If you barely ever die using one, why should it stay if you technically could end up dying?

I have never said that the person who makes it to middle first is automatically a better player. Being at middle gives you a huge advantage but it does never give you the win.
Looking closely at what you said:
I don't see anything wrong with speed building to middle and taking all the gold. It is something you can do too. The better player wins.
If the one person makes it to mid, crafts an enchanted apple and wins using it, are they automatically better? Not really, if you ask me.

Yes, let's be honest that there aren't many people that speed bridge to middle, which means players are not ''invincible'' (as you say) at the beginning. They become ''invincible'' if you let them. Therefore, you can stop them and this is what makes you the better player.
I don't remember mentioning players being invincible, so you can't really quote me on that. Anyways, if we have to babysit anyone trying to bridge to mid, what's the point of playing said map if it's always going to go down the same way?
Player A bridges to mid, player B follows and knocks player A off of the bridge. Player B is now at mid and has the enchanted apple and wins most of the time using said apple. Sure, player A could improve their spatial awareness, but that's beside the point.
It's got no room for variation in gameplay, and kind of forces people to go to mid if anything. If we want to force players to go to mid, they can just go play survival games. Skywars isn't meant to be a game where mid is absolutely necessary for anything.

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
In eggwars you can't get notch apples in hardcore mode, whereas in skywars you can in basic mode (which is why people are asking for the crafting recipe plugin for notch apples to be removed). If you're gonna use eggwars as an example, at least study the game to see that you can't get them in hardcore mode...

Elenahh

Forum Veteran
Apr 10, 2018
Sofia, Bulgaria
In eggwars you can't get notch apples in hardcore mode, whereas in skywars you can in basic mode (which is why people are asking for the crafting recipe plugin for notch apples to be removed). If you're gonna use eggwars as an example, at least study the game to see that you can't get them in hardcore mode...
Read more carefully. I didn't use the notch apples in EggWars as an example. I used the eggs in it as an example about the ''unbalanced'' thing.
I don't want the notch apples to be removed from SkyWars. I am done with arguing more about this question.

wbgamer

Novice Member
Sep 8, 2017
So? Get full diamond too, then. If basic is chosen, it's a smart move to invest time in some diamond equipment. Golden apples are pretty much a ticket to winning any fight as long as you know to avoid ledges and traps. Diamond armour is craftable, and that's common knowledge. Enchanted apples on the other hand, are supposed to be impossible to craft, but re-implemented through plugins without really telling people that said recipe exists. It has been mentioned in a previous update log, but it mentioned very discretely.
mining for diamond is taken a long time and by the way the camper stole all diamond in the map xd

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

WorriedSkate940 wrote on ballonpuma288's profile.
Happy birthday!!
I LOVE KING GIZZARD AND THE LIZARD WIZARD
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on ballonpuma288's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Reesle wrote on Zelfegor's profile.
Welcome to Official Cubecraft Forums!
Hope you enjoy yourself here :)
GiGaGekkies wrote on Hqteful's profile.
W moderator!
Top Bottom