Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should UHC be added as a game for Cubecraft Bedrock?

• Alternative (what would you like to be changed?)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anilocin

Novice Member
Aug 9, 2020
Germany
Hello,

I think think everyone knows what UHC is, but I'm going to explain it anyways.

UHC is a game in which everyone spawns in a random spot in a 100% Random Vanilla Minecraft world and has to gather resources in order to get gear and kill other players.
There is no automatic health regeneration, the difficulty is locked to hard and there should be no respawns.
In order to regen health, the player must eat gapples.
The map border starts at around 1000x1000 and after around 30 minutes every remaining player will be automatically teleported to a deathmatch stadium, in which they must fight.

The reason why I am suggesting this is that CubeCraft doesn't have any Vanilla-Worlds-based Games. There are only games that are based of specific maps.
Most importantly, there are pretty much no UHC servers on Bedrock, therefore it would be great for players who finally would be able to play UHC on Bedrock.
I know that UHC rounds usually take long (40-60 minutes) and that the lobbies take time to fill, however I believe that many CubeCraft and Bedrock players in general would love this.

EDIT: Many have complained that UHC would be too time consuming. Therefore I have a suggested shrinked-down form of UHC: Mini-UHC!
In Mini-UHC that map starts at a relatively small size of 300x300. The map starts shrinking and PVP starts after 10 minutes. Deathmatch starts after 20 minutes. This way, matches will last only 25-40 minutes.

Last edited:

Snowwyyy

Apr 5, 2020
The Far Lucky Islands
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello!
UHC... Y'all want "UHC"
We talked about it, we all disagreed.
1- UHC is a large, unpopular and silly game, we know it's almost magical and fun but it's not popular
2- long game, it's not nice to have a game that lasts 60 minutes at least?!
No, no no no that's insane. I disagree

Note: before posting a thread and while writing the thread title, take a look at the Is This Already Being Discussed? to avoid posting the same active threads.

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
I don’t like UHC, I don’t think it has a place on our server. It’s time consuming and would likely not get enough players to even have games start and by the end most players would quit. In my opinion most bedrock people log on to play a game or two, not spend a few hours on a UHC, it’s a no from me sorry.

Anilocin

Novice Member
Aug 9, 2020
Germany
Hello!
UHC... Y'all want "UHC"
We talked about it, we all disagreed.
1- UHC is a large, unpopular and silly game, we know it's almost magical and fun but it's not popular
2- long game, it's not nice to have a game that lasts 60 minutes at least?!
No, no no no that's insane. I disagree

Note: before posting a thread and while writing the thread title, take a look at the Is This Already Being Discussed? to avoid posting the same active threads.
It seems that the problem is that too many players supposedly leave the match because the matches take long. However this isn't avery good argument, as Eggwars Matches (especially in Mega mode) often last over 40 minutes.

What if the world size were to begin smaller by default? If the world border was 500x500 or maybe even 300x300 and after 20 min everyone would teleported to deathmatch, the matches would last 30-40 min. top. If normal UHC lasts too long, then surely there are ways to trim down how much time a match takes. Something like Mini-UHC would be great and not too time consuming!

Snowwyyy

Apr 5, 2020
The Far Lucky Islands
Pronouns
He/Him
It seems that the problem is that too many players supposedly leave the match because the matches take long. However this isn't avery good argument, as Eggwars Matches (especially in Mega mode) often last over 40 minutes.

What if the world size were to begin smaller by default? If the world border was 500x500 or maybe even 300x300 and after 20 min everyone would teleported to deathmatch, the matches would last 30-40 min. top. If normal UHC lasts too long, then surely there are ways to trim down how much time a match takes. Something like Mini-UHC would be great and not too time consuming!
The game itself is not popular. Why should they add a non popular game?

Anilocin

Novice Member
Aug 9, 2020
Germany
The game itself is not popular. Why should they add a non popular game?
I don't think it's unpopular. Many Bedrock players would love it, considering there barely are any UHC servers on Bedrock. And if the games are kept short, why not add it? Many have asked for it, and Mini UHC would fulfill their requests and at the same time it would be not too long.

Anilocin

Novice Member
Aug 9, 2020
Germany
I don’t like UHC, I don’t think it has a place on our server. It’s time consuming and would likely not get enough players to even have games start and by the end most players would quit. In my opinion most bedrock people log on to play a game or two, not spend a few hours on a UHC, it’s a no from me sorry.
Have you you seen Mini-UHC suggestion? I believe that it would keep the rounds short and solve this problem.

Snowwyyy

Apr 5, 2020
The Far Lucky Islands
Pronouns
He/Him
I don't think it's unpopular. Many Bedrock players would love it, considering there barely are any UHC servers on Bedrock. And if the games are kept short, why not add it? Many have asked for it, and Mini UHC would fulfill their requests and at the same time it would be not too long.
Have you you seen Mini-UHC suggestion? I believe that it would keep the rounds short and solve this problem.

Bro. The game is not popular so that's why you see rare servers that have UHC, it's because it's unpopular.
Even a moderator doesn't like the game. Having a game that lasts 60 minutes or even more is not nice, skybasing and stuff will be encouraged to. So I disagree.

Anilocin

Novice Member
Aug 9, 2020
Germany
Bro. The game is not popular so that's why you see rare servers that have UHC, it's because it's unpopular.
Even a moderator doesn't like the game. Having a game that lasts 60 minutes or even more is not nice, skybasing and stuff will be encouraged to. So I disagree.
1. In Java there are a lot of UHC servers. Hypixel, for instance. UHC isn't unpopular and isn't going to die anytime soon.
2. So someone doesn't like UHC and just happens to be a mod. That doesn't really change anything, it's just another person who doesn't like UHC.
3. I've suggested my Mini-UHC idea which would keeps games at 30-40min. max. So the time issue is solved. You seem to jump around my suggestion. Care to explain why?

realmeyannai

Mar 5, 2021
Well first of all, it's your opinion that you don't like UHC. Second of all, you think that it doesn't have a place on your server. You make some good points, but also you're kind of acting like the gamemode is going to get five players. A "gamemode on your server that is not popular" would probably get like 300 players. Also keep in mind that on your top hours of the day you get around 50k players or so. Completely disagree.

darkraiikou

Mar 12, 2021
You could make it for 20 players and 20 minutes till pvp then 10 minutes till the arena

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
You could make it for 20 players and 20 minutes till pvp then 10 minutes till the arena
Hi! Please do not necropost:
Necroposting is defined as replying to threads which haven't had any new posts in the last 3 weeks in an attempt to revive it. This does not apply to news posts, games, map submissions or introduction threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Top Bottom