Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Did you like the enchanted golden apple absorption being regained via eating normal golden apples?

• Total voters

Popcornman467

Novice Member
Jun 20, 2017
The golden apple "glitch" was a cool part of the game that allowed for the 8 absorption hearts gained from enchanted golden apples to be regained with a normal golden apple within the absorption's duration. This has been in the game for a very long time, and has made an actual use out of the enchanted golden apple for more strategies. The enchanted golden apple "glitch" was removed today, making the item virtually useless other than for the resistance which doesn't even do that much anyway. It would be nice if they could just keep the old way enchanted gaps worked, rather than just completely nullify the item itself.

Pumpkin_15

Novice Member
Jun 20, 2017
I completely agree with this sentiment,

With the age of this "glitch" (which honestly feels more like a feature), also comes multiple strategies that I and many other eggwars players have come up with that involve the extra health given by the enchanted gapples. That are ruined by this change.

The old golden apple mechanics allowed for multiple unique strategies to be created, like in OP, supplementing multiple sets of iron armor for multiple sets of chain and enchanted gapples to make up for the lost protection, or in half health, the use of enchanted gapples to make up for the loss of health(leaving the user with 13 total hearts, 1 more than if they ate a normal golden apple on normal health)

Without this glitch, I too believe that enchanted gapples will become obsolete in long combat(the majority of the times they are used is in longer planned combat), the absorption that comes with the base gapple is simply not enough to warrant buying multiple of them, and their real use becomes their resistance and situational fire resistance, where the diamonds used to buy them could be of better use elsewhere.

In my personal experiences, enchanted gapples have never really "slanted" combat to a certain side that have them (usually one or 2), as their effects can be outlasted in most combat scenarios. In fact, I feel that their old mechanics were quite balanced, which is supported by the fact that this "glitch" has been in the game for literal years without any noticeable push for it to be fixed.

I truely beleive that this the old gapple mechanics became a part of the game and that they should stay the way they were.

Popcornman467

Novice Member
Jun 20, 2017
I’m glad this was changed, it wasn’t how the game was supposed to be played.
but it was part of the game and made an item useful. just because it wasn't intended and was made way better than it should have been doesn't mean it isn't balanced. Cubecraft isn't exactly the brightest in balancing anyway(take the emerald update which replaced good items with literal crap), and this was just a lucky glitch that made a pretty useless item part of the very simple meta of Eggwars, and nerfing it just makes this very simple meta even smaller.

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
Excuses me WHYY would you possibly change this? You just made notches useless, and I don't think anyone really asked for it
If they did, I would like to ask them how many 4v1,5v1,6v1,... they won in Eggwars without using it and without having so much more gear than the other person.
It was the item to buy when not having much dia, you could 3v1 full iron with it if you had a lot of gaps and a lot of sets of leather.

I'm really wondering why you'd do this in the first place as this is not a bug.
Proof:

So ty, remove your bug that you created by fixing a feature

Jukaido

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
I’m glad this was changed, it wasn’t how the game was supposed to be played.
I hope you know that this is actually a minecraft feature itself (you probably don’t, atleast wouldn’t ’ suprise me if you didn’t)

I mean, you remove a “bug” which is actually a feature to create a bug :facepalm:

You keep the absorption effect from the notch apple which makes you get all the absorption hearts from that effect when you eat a normal gapple.

InkAsriel

Sep 23, 2017
The Netherlands
i honestly wish they never added notch apples in first place, its just the most game breaking thing ever. lets look at OP mode. you're already almost unable to kill a person since everyone has way too strong armor and milions of apples, you can easily buy new armor mid fight to replace broken armor halfway. this, combined with people complaining about punch bows, makes pvp impossible at this point.

Reactions: 99th_DutchScary

Mivke

Forum Expert
Sep 10, 2018
Rotterdam
www.youtube.com
i honestly wish they never added notch apples in first place, its just the most game breaking thing ever. lets look at OP mode. you're already almost unable to kill a person since everyone has way too strong armor and milions of apples, you can easily buy new armor mid fight to replace broken armor halfway. this, combined with people complaining about punch bows, makes pvp impossible at this point.
its not lmfao?? do you even play eggwars?

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
I mean, you remove a “bug” which is actually a feature to create a bug :facepalm:
Then shouldn’t this be a bug report?
hope you know that this is actually a minecraft feature itself (you probably don’t, atleast wouldn’t ’ suprise me if you didn’t)
No need to be rude about me not knowing the smallest Minecraft details. Mojang made it very difficult to get enchanted golden apples in survival so I had never noticed it. I had seen it on CubeCraft, and because it was fixed I was told it was a bug.

Reactions: RelatedNoobs

Jukaido

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
Then shouldn’t this be a bug report?

No need to be rude about me not knowing the smallest Minecraft details. Mojang made it very difficult to get enchanted golden apples in survival so I had never noticed it. I had seen it on CubeCraft, and because it was fixed I was told it was a bug.
If it was the first you made a mistake, I would've looked over it

Pumpkin_15

Novice Member
Jun 20, 2017
Excuses me WHYY would you possibly change this? You just made notches useless, and I don't think anyone really asked for it
If they did, I would like to ask them how many 4v1,5v1,6v1,... they won in Eggwars without using it and without having so much more gear than the other person.
It was the item to buy when not having much dia, you could 3v1 full iron with it if you had a lot of gaps and a lot of sets of leather.

I'm really wondering why you'd do this in the first place as this is not a bug.
Proof:

So ty, remove your bug that you created by fixing a feature
Just tested this myself, it's not even a glitch! This is in the base game! What are they thinking? THIS IS HOW THE GAME IS!

maflenoo

Dedicated Member
May 2, 2017
Egypt
Pronouns
He/Him
I completely disagree with you. This change is on 1.8 from ages and I thought they meant to do it in 1.9. Fortunately, they fixed it.
Why would you take 8 golden hearts every time you eat a golden apple? It's not logical and it makes the game takes so long!
Simply, you eat 1 notch, you get 8 golden hearts only 1 time.

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Favourite how to tame a dragon movie, shoot.
Reesle wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! Hope you enjoy your stay :)
Reesle wrote on Lucaatjee's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Matriox wrote on Kloska's profile.
day x
99th_DutchScary wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Thanks for the follow! 💖
Top Bottom