Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Did you like the enchanted golden apple absorption being regained via eating normal golden apples?

• Total voters

Texbirds

Dedicated Member
Feb 29, 2020
Bird
You're all saying this like it's a strategy or something, which is ridiculous. It's a glitch. Most of you just want enchanted gapples to be a free win again.

No way in hell should this be added again. If anything Skywars should be more skill based as it is. Adding a 'win the game for free gapple' is gonna completely ruin the experience.

I know some of you just want this back so that you can prey on people that don't know this glitch exists. No way. Keep the game fair, let it be fun for everyone.

Mivke

Forum Expert
Sep 10, 2018
Rotterdam
www.youtube.com
You're all saying this like it's a strategy or something, which is ridiculous. It's a glitch. Most of you just want enchanted gapples to be a free win again.

No way in hell should this be added again. If anything Skywars should be more skill based as it is. Adding a 'win the game for free gapple' is gonna completely ruin the experience.

I know some of you just want this back so that you can prey on people that don't know this glitch exists. No way. Keep the game fair, let it be fun for everyone.
??????????????????

Jukaido

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
i think there should be 2 threads of this 1 for bedrock and one for java because i have the feeling bedrock players didnt like the notches before
Yep, In bedrock it was a way bigger issue than Java. I have noticed it myself aswel.
You're all saying this like it's a strategy or something
Yes, because it is? If you use something it's a strategy right? No matter what it is lmao

Most of you just want enchanted gapples to be a free win again.
"free win", 1v1 me you'll get a notch and I don't. I'll probably still win.

If anything Skywars should be more skill based as it is
Only Issue I see is you playing OP skywars? (You can't get a notch in any other mode) It's called OP for a reason, because it's OP?? You expect fights to be how you want it all the time lol. Also OP doesn't have that many gapples (1.9) so that isn't an issue either, for 1.8 vise versa; you get allot of gaps but barely any notches.
Most of us are talking about eggwars anyways since that's where notches actually are used. Also Bedrock skywars doesn't even have nothces, except you somehow craft one (Which shouldn't be possible anymore).
Adding a 'win the game for free gapple' is gonna completely ruin the experience.
Oh yes, let me get my dog on and give him a notch. He's gonna win 100%

I know some of you just want this back so that you can prey on people that don't know this glitch exists.
I mean of course people don't know this "glitch" exists because they see it as a feature.

Keep the game fair
It is fair, you have the same chances as ANYONE else to get a notch.

let it be fun for everyone.
Don't think anyone actually complained about this making it "less fun". You can lose every single game (Everyone has had this when they started) and still have fun? Atleast I did.

You're whole reply sounds like some snowflake hit the ground too hard

Feb 7, 2021
United Kingdom
Personally I disagree with this, I understand both of the points made by staff and members, however I do think it ruined the point of it, there were many times where it was a 2v2 and it was late game, the other team had full diamond armour but my team had iron, it was impossible to get to their base without spending 64 diamonds for a pearl as they destroyed the bridges and bought power bows, I spent my time getting a pearl and a notch apple, I pearled in and because I had the notch apple effect I managed to take both of them on to allow me teammate to get across to their team. It made the games interesting and have more fun, if it was removed which I haven't tested it yet it ruins the point. Now if there is ever a 2v1 and they both better armour than you it is almost impossible to win unless somehow knock them of the edge. I hope this get's added back as aggressive players like me will not have a chance to survive end game.

Texbirds

Dedicated Member
Feb 29, 2020
Bird
"free win", 1v1 me you'll get a notch and I don't. I'll probably still win.
Mayhaps, because you're way better than me. What I'm saying is the difference between a no enchanted gapple user and an enchanted gapple user are huge, and make the fight extremely unfair. Fight me in normal mode, same gear, except I have an enchanted gapple (with all the extra hearts). I'd love to see who wins that.

Only Issue I see is you playing OP skywars? (You can't get a notch in any other mode) It's called OP for a reason, because it's OP?? You expect fights to be how you want it all the time lol. Also OP doesn't have that many gapples (1.9) so that isn't an issue either, for 1.8 vise versa; you get allot of gaps but barely any notches.
Most of us are talking about eggwars anyways since that's where notches actually are used. Also Bedrock skywars doesn't even have nothces, except you somehow craft one (Which shouldn't be possible anymore).
I only play normal, or only vote for normal. I'm not saying the enchanted gapple makes a huge differrence in overpowered mode, I'm talking about normal/basic. Enchanted gapples are free wins in these modes.
Oh yes, let me get my dog on and give him a notch. He's gonna win 100%
You're not making any points, you're justs poking fun at my statement.
It is fair, you have the same chances as ANYONE else to get a notch.
You're confused. I'm not talking about OP mode, I'm talking about normal and basic mode. enchanted gapples are stupid good in these modes and will most certainly get you a free win as long as u dont get knocked off. I have never found an enchanted gapple in OP mode because it rarely gets picked, so I wouldnt know how good itis there. Again, I'm talking about normal/basic. Not OP.
Don't think anyone actually complained about this making it "less fun". You can lose every single game (Everyone has had this when they started) and still have fun? Atleast I did.
It's objectively less fun in normal and basic, since it really is just a free win. Craft one and p much win any fight. It's not fair in these modes.

You're whole reply sounds like some snowflake hit the ground too hard
your* point being? There's no reason to get personal, Jukaido. It's just a discussion about gapples. Sit down and relax.

Liontack

Novice Member
Jun 24, 2018
Technobalde, it seems that in your scenario you went wrong earlier in the game. By the time your opponent(s) has(/have) too many resources for you to defeat them, you lost. An enchanted apple won't change that, no matter how the apple works. In your scenario, you should have either gotten more resources earlier or defeated the opponents earlier.

I see too many players in eggwars who don't like me arriving in full iron armor and 10 kills, because they haven't yet gone and gotten themselves a single diamond. Everyone starts on the same starting point (unless you don't have a kit) and it is your own responsibility to get enough resources to win.
A year ago players who are too aggressive, did also lose. The apple doesn't change that. Just balance your aggressivity (word? xD) with getting resources.

You do not make a valid point to re-add the bug imo.

@Texbirds, no need to bring politics into this, its irrelevant to the topic

Jukaido

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
Mayhaps, because you're way better than me. What I'm saying is the difference between a no enchanted gapple user and an enchanted gapple user are huge, and make the fight extremely unfair. Fight me in normal mode, same gear, except I have an enchanted gapple (with all the extra hearts). I'd love to see who wins that.
:doubt:
I only play normal, or only vote for normal. I'm not saying the enchanted gapple makes a huge differrence in overpowered mode, I'm talking about normal/basic. Enchanted gapples are free wins in these modes.
Euhmm, normal doesn't have notch apples and they have changed every map to have under 7 gold blocks.
You're not making any points, you're justs poking fun at my statement.
You mean that I'm meming you for your poor arguments? Then yes.
You're confused. I'm not talking about OP mode, I'm talking about normal and basic mode. enchanted gapples are stupid good in these modes and will most certainly get you a free win as long as u dont get knocked off. I have never found an enchanted gapple in OP mode because it rarely gets picked, so I wouldnt know how good itis there. Again, I'm talking about normal/basic. Not OP.
There aren't notches in these gamemodes. My guy you living under a rock?

It's objectively less fun in normal and basic, since it really is just a free win. Craft one and p much win any fight. It's not fair in these modes.
Refer to my last statement.
your* point being? You're talking like a Trump supporter. There's no reason to get personal, Jukaido. It's just a discussion about gapples. Sit down and relax.
🥵 saltyyy

Texbirds

Dedicated Member
Feb 29, 2020
Bird
Euhmm, normal doesn't have notch apples and they have changed every map to have under 7 gold blocks.
I took a 5 month break, idk when they changed it, but I remember that one map with the flower in the middle with golden blocks in it, that map was kinda stupid on normal or basic, but I'm p sure this was still a thing before we left (?) All I remember is there being a few maps where you could craft yourself a notch apple regardless of which mode. Notches there were not fun to play against.
You mean that I'm meming you for your poor arguments? Then yes.
that's so cool
There aren't notches in these gamemodes. My guy you living under a rock?
look up
no need to bring politics into this, its irrelevant to the topic
you're right, i deleted it :banter:

Regardless, fair enough I mean if they don't exist in normal nor basic anymore who cares. Overpowered is so chaotic you might aswell keep the notches with the 8 extra hearts at that point, it probably won't make that much of a difference. Normal and basic, no. Overpowered, sure why not.

Reactions: Liontack
Feb 7, 2021
United Kingdom
Technobalde, it seems that in your scenario you went wrong earlier in the game. By the time your opponent(s) has(/have) too many resources for you to defeat them, you lost. An enchanted apple won't change that, no matter how the apple works. In your scenario, you should have either gotten more resources earlier or defeated the opponents earlier.

I see too many players in eggwars who don't like me arriving in full iron armor and 10 kills, because they haven't yet gone and gotten themselves a single diamond. Everyone starts on the same starting point (unless you don't have a kit) and it is your own responsibility to get enough resources to win.
A year ago players who are too aggressive, did also lose. The apple doesn't change that. Just balance your aggressivity (word? xD) with getting resources.

You do not make a valid point to re-add the bug imo.

@Texbirds, no need to bring politics into this, its irrelevant to the topic
I am able to prove you wrong in this, a notch apple does change it, I was in leather armor with a diamond sword 2v1 against 2 guys in full iron and diamond swords, I was able to beat both of them with 1 enchanted golden apple, not by killing them fully but because it takes much longer to kill me which gave me enough time to combo them and throw them off the map. These apples do change these scenarios and with this tactic (being aggressive) I got a 10 win-streak if not more first try with my friend. However we are changing the topic here, the apple does indeed make a huge difference in egg-wars no matter the scenario.

Slimeyz

Dedicated Member
Oct 1, 2016
Belgium
After reading this thread, I do think the conclusion is that it is a misunderstanding, but who am I to say anything about that. :v)

Reactions: Texbirds

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
I don't even know why you are bringing skywars into this? It's about Eggwars and the notches being a big part of strategy when you are in a disadvantage
Having a glitch in only one part of the game would likely cause complaints about consistency.

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
Having a glitch in only one part of the game would likely cause complaints about consistency.
Uh wat

I'm saying that the problem of notches in skywars is almost zero therefore arguing about it is useless as the real complaints are coming from Eggwars players as that's the game where they affect the game in a real manner.
I nowhere stated that it should only be reverted for Eggwars.

Naitzirch

Nov 12, 2017
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
Ok so let’s take a scenario then.

i rush 15 iron to get enough blocks to go to middle. I get 10 (or 12 I forget how many diamonds god apples are), run back to my base, buy a god Apple, the rest of my gear, then just abuse regular golden apples the rest of the game. I’ve basically won at this point, since god apples are super OP. Only way to die is to be voided basically.

so yea, kind of unbalanced actually.
It's not that you can use golden apples till the end of the game, only to the point of which the absorption of the enchanted golden apple wears out, so like 3 minutes. So it's not as bad as you state at all

Edit: Seems like the mechanic was bugged differently for bedrock and Java
On Java it only works for 3 minutes on bedrock till the end of the game
RelatedNoobs I assume you play on bedrock, I understand it for this version that does seem OP
But for Java it was completely fine imo

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
Uh wat

I'm saying that the problem of notches in skywars is almost zero therefore arguing about it is useless as the real complaints are coming from Eggwars players as that's the game where they affect the game in a real manner.
I nowhere stated that it should only be reverted for Eggwars.
Oh I misunderstood the “it’s just about EggWars” part sorry :p

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Casualpoalrbear wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
Congrats.
Kiyaan gaming world on YouTube
This might be one of the weirdest excuses I have seen after killing someone.

2024-03-28_23.34.25.png
Top Bottom