Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Did you like the enchanted golden apple absorption being regained via eating normal golden apples?

• Total voters

Neptuune

Dedicated Member
Dec 29, 2015
I think it's going to be interesting to see how this fix changes playstyles and such.
(Eggy player here, I'm not referring to how this will effect skywars or other games solely because I don't play those as much - y'all are entitled to your own opinions on those gamemodes)
I remember heavily relying on God Apples when dealing with people who camp on their base the whole game and have sets upon sets of iron and diamond armor - seems kinda strange to take out a feature that's been in the game for so long that it's just become a part of the game. Especially if there's no change in the tankiness of the diamond gear to balance it with the less effective healing items.
Feels like a crutch of sorts has been taken out from under the players, and I'm not sure how it's going to effect long fights against players with diamond armor.

I think that it's sure going to be more of a pain if you spend the whole game taking out teams, only to come across the last team who's camped the whole game for full diamond armor, because unless you do the same to get geared in full dia before fighting them, it just made that aspect of the game a whole lot harder to combat.
Of course, there are other methods of winning when going up against somebody with full diamond, but it's going to be very difficult without this feature due to the tankiness of the diamond armor.

But then again, haven't played enough this past weekend to see this fix in action. May change my mind after actually playing with it, but this was just my first impression of the change.

Last edited:

Liontack

Novice Member
Jun 24, 2018
@Neptuune I don't face opponents in diamond armor all to often. You make a good point that the balance might be off.
I imagine that the new-ish slowness and weakness arrows will help a lot. I would like to hear your opinion after experencience too. If there is not enough balance in the game due to this bugfix, I hope eggwars will be rebalanced.

Reactions: Technobalde2756
Feb 7, 2021
United Kingdom
I think it's going to be interesting to see how this fix changes playstyles and such.
(Eggy player here, I'm not referring to how this will effect skywars or other games solely because I don't play those as much - y'all are entitled to your own opinions on those gamemodes)
I remember heavily relying on God Apples when dealing with people who camp on their base the whole game and have sets upon sets of iron and diamond armor - seems kinda strange to take out a feature that's been in the game for so long that it's just become a part of the game. Especially if there's no change in the tankiness of the diamond gear to balance it with the less effective healing items.
Feels like a crutch of sorts has been taken out from under the players, and I'm not sure how it's going to effect long fights against players with diamond armor.

I think that it's sure going to be more of a pain if you spend the whole game taking out teams, only to come across the last team who's camped the whole game for full diamond armor, because unless you do the same to get geared in full dia before fighting them, it just made that aspect of the game a whole lot harder to combat.
Of course, there are other methods of winning when going up against somebody with full diamond, but it's going to be very difficult without this feature due to the tankiness of the diamond armor.

But then again, haven't played enough this past weekend to see this fix in action. May change my mind after actually playing with it, but this was just my first impression of the change.
Much agreed, exactly the point I was trying to make and I come up those final teams with full diamond or iron almost every 3 games.

LeCastel

Dedicated Member
Aug 23, 2016
The Shattered Plains
I'd hate it if they revert this back.

I've played Eggwars actively for years and have not always been on board with updates and changes, but this is one I stand behind completely. The rows and rows of hearts you could restore for the cost of one normal gapple was frankly insane.

It didn't make fights more strategic or fun, it only resulted in extending fights. Like sure, I get it: if you heavily relied on those apples for the past years than it's definitely gonna sting to see them changed, but looking at it objectively I'm sure most can realize this is better fixed than unfixed. The only times I needed enchanted apples was... when I was fighting another player that kept eating them. I can't think of a single situation in which I would need the "unfixed" enchanted apple now.

Feb 7, 2021
United Kingdom
I'd hate it if they revert this back.

I've played Eggwars actively for years and have not always been on board with updates and changes, but this is one I stand behind completely. The rows and rows of hearts you could restore for the cost of one normal gapple was frankly insane.

It didn't make fights more strategic or fun, it only resulted in extending fights. Like sure, I get it: if you heavily relied on those apples for the past years than it's definitely gonna sting to see them changed, but looking at it objectively I'm sure most can realize this is better fixed than unfixed. The only times I needed enchanted apples was... when I was fighting another player that kept eating them. I can't think of a single situation in which I would need the "unfixed" enchanted apple now.
I disagree with his, there are loads of ways to use a God Apple, and there are a lot of scenarios where you basically have to or you will die. The reason you haven't really need to eat them is because either you play passive where you just get best gear and get stacked or you camp. With aggressive players this change sucks, we spend our time getting basic equipment and we go out straight away to eliminate teams just for that last team to have time to get upgrades and for them to kill us because they have 10x better gear than us. This is where the apples come in place, they are fairly cheap and change the outcome of situations such as the one I listed above.

Reactions: Naitzirch

LeCastel

Dedicated Member
Aug 23, 2016
The Shattered Plains
I disagree with his, there are loads of ways to use a God Apple, and there are a lot of scenarios where you basically have to or you will die.

Our experiences differ - vastly. Even before this change I beat the majority of enchanted apple users - now it's just much less time consuming. And less "cheaty" to use them.

The reason you haven't really need to eat them is because either you play passive where you just get best gear and get stacked or you camp.

No.. no, that's not it. I play solo Eggwars only, so that is a bit different compared to team mode (though you shouldn't rely on apples in teammode, but on teammates :) ).

The majority of games I play don't last beyond 5 minutes. That's because I play aggressively. I actively try to prevent people from being able to camp dia generators for too long. I'm not playing aggressive enough if players can gear up a lot.

Now, I realize that anyone can experience these things differently when taking different levels of skills, maps and whether you play solo or team mode in consideration, but I stand by what I said.

Besides.... the camper with 10x better gear can't make enchanted apples? Wouldn't that put you in basically the same situation, considering the camper still has better gear and the same amount of hearts?

Feb 7, 2021
United Kingdom
Our experiences differ - vastly. Even before this change I beat the majority of enchanted apple users - now it's just much less time consuming. And less "cheaty" to use them.

No.. no, that's not it. I play solo Eggwars only, so that is a bit different compared to team mode (though you shouldn't rely on apples in teammode, but on teammates :) ).

The majority of games I play don't last beyond 5 minutes. That's because I play aggressively. I actively try to prevent people from being able to camp dia generators for too long. I'm not playing aggressive enough if players can gear up a lot.

Now, I realize that anyone can experience these things differently when taking different levels of skills, maps and whether you play solo or team mode in consideration, but I stand by what I said.

Besides.... the camper with 10x better gear can't make enchanted apples? Wouldn't that put you in basically the same situation, considering the camper still has better gear and the same amount of hearts?
I understand that solo with no teammates however when I get in games I normally play on teams of 2, however my teammates mostly get diamonds and stuff from middle so I push team by myself which is why I sometimes rely on enchanted golden apples, 2v1's may not be easy if both of them have better armour.
I mostly get the notch apples if the team has a diamond gen, I don't usually camp specifically to get it. If I have a chance to get it without wasting much time I will and that's most of the time.

zMigi_

Jun 1, 2017
AmigoLand
zmigi.ca
Pronouns
They/Them
this was changed because that is not the way is supposed to work, ofc it mightve seen fun to play with that cuz it makes it somehow easier

Exarpo

Jun 29, 2019
I think notch gapples were a bit overpowered this way, especially considering they only cost 10 diamonds.
Basically almost doubling(tripling in half health) your health for 2minutes for just 10 diamonds is too much especially when you can restore it using just a normal gapple. I'd say they being a one-use thing is good.

Naitzirch

Nov 12, 2017
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
I think if this bugfix is not going to be reverted, enchanted golden apples should get cheaper.
The price should be brought down to at least 5 diamond I think, because they've become much less effective.

But I'd rather have it reverted tbh

Reactions: Jukaido

Popcornman467

Novice Member
Jun 20, 2017
I think if this bugfix is not going to be reverted, enchanted golden apples should get cheaper.
The price should be brought down to at least 5 diamond I think, because they've become much less effective.

But I'd rather have it reverted tbh
Yeah unless the vote was like 61-1 I can't imagine they'd revert it. However I think it would be voted yes by a landslide had I put it on Java instead of All Networks

Members Online

Latest profile posts

This might be one of the weirdest excuses I have seen after killing someone.

2024-03-28_23.34.25.png
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #20-
More tornadoes occur in the United Kingdom per square mile than in any other country in the world.
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Capitan's profile.
Congratulations on hitting over 4 000 in Reaction Score! 💙
some people need to talk to their internet provider to buy them a gym membership because theyre too FAT to take knockback
Top Bottom