Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Chimpeeze

Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2016
The jungle
Wow! Congratulations on finishing UHC. It's by far my most favourite game to play in mc.
Seeing you guys streaming it a couple of months ago got me quite hyped up for it, so me and some friends decided to setup weekly uhc on a private server.
And then you guys release uhc, which made me initially think that our weekly uhcs would come to an end as we would all play on cube all the time.
Wrong.
I actually am so confused as to why this took so long to be released. My only conclusion that I can come to is that the maps took so long to build.
The rest of it can only be described as pathetic.
To start with, the maps.
I love the maps, they look really good on the eye, you can tell the builders have done a great job with them. But it's not right for uhc. The trees. They're massive, and stupid. When you play a uhc, the first thing you do is chop down a lot of trees so that the leaves can start to decay. You leave it for a while and come back to hopefully finding some apples. Impossible to do with the custom trees that are made, you'll spend forever trying to chop down one tree.
Second fault, Terrain.
Some people may like it, some people won't. But there's so much detail to everywhere. Flowers, random leaves, half slabs. Again, it looks great, but it's stupid for uhc.
Third, Sugarcane.
Where is it? One of the main things of uhc, is getting as op as possible. Now how can you do that, when there's little to none sugarcane anywhere? Again, that's because of the custom maps, looks great, but no thought has been put into the game play.
Fourth, The border
An enclosing border is great. There's a few issues with the border. The first one is that it's constantly closing up. Great for quicker games, crap if you want to play a proper uhc. It's more like a semi speed uhc. Second is that there's no indication of how close the border is to you. You could be mining away, and suddenly the border is right beside you.
Fifth, Lily pads
I know you guys are aware of it, but I just thought I would mention the stupidity of the bug. I'm casually hopping across the water on some lily pads, and as I jump to the land at the other end, BANG, I'm dead. Four hearts I had remaining, and I died. By hitting the ground to hard. It's a bug, I get it, these things happen. But when you release a game, and you already know there are bugs that are going to cause issues for players then why not communicate these issues to them? It's really not difficult to make people aware that lily pads are a threat to your life....
Sixth, Kills
Pretty simple. You are fighting someone, you kill them but you're left with 3 hearts. Fair enough, you're still in the game, they're out of it. But it also discourages players from entering combat. Why would you engage with another player, to potentially lose some of your life when you can just camp out the game, wait until the last person is alive and proceed to battle them with full health.
Seventh, Ore generation
I don't even know what kind of ore gen you guys have done, I've done very little mining, so this is just based on other people telling me what they've found so far.
Iron- So much of it, people saying they can get full iron from mining one ore.
Gold- Where is it? Yet to find any, Integral part of uhc is regen, how can people do that without finding any gold.
Diamonds- Tbc... :P
Eighth, Teammate
How do I find my teammate? Why do I have to type in chat asking for their co ords, waiting for their response. Uhc is all about time, wasting time for something so simple is stupid.

Conclusion
Just make it pure vanilla. You have two game modes for uhc at the moment. Speed and normal. Normal isn't normal, it's semi speed. There's no way you could play a proper uhc given the problems that exist in this. The border constantly closing ensure that players need to be constantly on the move, there's not enough time to mine and get gear other than iron. There's not enough time to go to the nether.
It's not uhc, it's just survival games with mobs and without chests.

• Have normal vanilla generated map
  • Normal ore generation
  • Border that doesn't start closing in from the word go, Have it start from maybe 30 minutes minimum
  • Details on the leader board for where the border is, where your teammate is and where the center is ( a picture is attached in the spoiler showing how much better and easier this makes the game
  • PvP doesn't begin until at least 15 minutes

I'm not the only one that has these thoughts on your take on uhc. I'm sure some people will enjoy it. But if you want the game to fail then keep it the way it is. If you want the game to have any chance of succeeding then listen.

upload_2017-3-25_2-30-53.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-3-25_1-56-51.png
    upload_2017-3-25_1-56-51.png
    395.6 KB · Views: 122

Proditio

Dec 16, 2016
United States
I really like how they did this. The custom maps make it different from other rounds of uhc where it is just a boring flat world with no details anywhere. the load time is super bad and I hope they manage to fix it, I agree with that.

Sugar cane: In my opinion I like that people can't get stupidly op, however I can also see how people would want that so I can't shut down that request :p

Border: The border is necessary, without it the game would just keep going on and cube is a mini-game server which means you shouldn't have to wait 3 hours for a game to end, people complained about egg wars time length and they had to create a new game version because of it.

lily pad: The lily pad glitch isn't just cube so they can't really fix it. It happens on a lot of servers :o

kills: um, sorry but that is a part of uhc, I don't know what you have been doing on your own server but the point of uhc is to know when to fight and if you want to take the risk of it.

ore generation: yeah there is a lot of iron and coal. Gold is almost impossible to find. diamonds are there though, if you mine at the right level you can find them pretty easy.

team mate: again, how is this different from normal uhc? you spawn in the same location and if they go to normal vanilla as you wish this would still be an "issue"

conclusion: I am overall happy with how it turned out, yes there are problems here and there but come on, the game came out TODAY you have to let them see what is wrong and edit it, why do you think the bug and suggestion forums area is a thing?

Mkill14

Apr 11, 2016
my room
www.youtube.com
I really like how they did this. The custom maps make it different from other rounds of uhc where it is just a boring flat world with no details anywhere. the load time is super bad and I hope they manage to fix it, I agree with that.

Sugar cane: In my opinion I like that people can't get stupidly op, however I can also see how people would want that so I can't shut down that request :p

Border: The border is necessary, without it the game would just keep going on and cube is a mini-game server which means you shouldn't have to wait 3 hours for a game to end, people complained about egg wars time length and they had to create a new game version because of it.

lily pad: The lily pad glitch isn't just cube so they can't really fix it. It happens on a lot of servers :eek:

kills: um, sorry but that is a part of uhc, I don't know what you have been doing on your own server but the point of uhc is to know when to fight and if you want to take the risk of it.

ore generation: yeah there is a lot of iron and coal. Gold is almost impossible to find. diamonds are there though, if you mine at the right level you can find them pretty easy.

team mate: again, how is this different from normal uhc? you spawn in the same location and if they go to normal vanilla as you wish this would still be an "issue"

conclusion: I am overall happy with how it turned out, yes there are problems here and there but come on, the game came out TODAY you have to let them see what is wrong and edit it, why do you think the bug and suggestion forums area is a thing?
Cube used some ungodly fertilizer and made the trees gigantic and i think its pretty pointless (some trees are half oak half jungle :/) because you cant get apples, and if you cant get apples how are you supposed to regen

Chimpeeze

Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2016
The jungle

lily pad: The lily pad glitch isn't just cube so they can't really fix it. It happens on a lot of servers :eek:

conclusion: I am overall happy with how it turned out, yes there are problems here and there but come on, the game came out TODAY you have to let them see what is wrong and edit it, why do you think the bug and suggestion forums area is a thing?[/QUOTE]

None of what you said makes much sense with regards to "normal uhc"
Normal uhc isn't played in a custom build world with little to none vanilla features.
Sugarcane is important as enchants are a massive part of uhc. Cubes way is not normal uhc.
I didn't say the border wasn't necessary, I just said that the border constantly closing makes the game too quick. Again that's not normal uhc.
The lily pad death, I've never encountered it elsewhere.
Kills- It was a suggestion to encourage players to go for kills. Engaging in battle with someone is stupid when you're just going to lose health that will put you to a disadvantage when battling another person. Hence why I suggested giving the player a players head when they kill them so that they can get regen from it. This is normal uhc.
Teammate. It's about time, like I said. Normal uhc it makes sense to split up for periods of it, 1 can go mining, 1 can continue looking for sugarcane/food/apples. Having a pointer on the sideboard would make it easier for people to find their team mates

I am glad you are happy with it, like I said, some people will be. But this isn't UHC, rename the game to something more suitable.

Reactions: Earth

Proditio

Dec 16, 2016
United States

Normal uhc isn't played in a custom build world with little to none vanilla features.
Sugarcane is important as enchants are a massive part of uhc. Cubes way is not normal uhc.
I didn't say the border wasn't necessary, I just said that the border constantly closing makes the game too quick. Again that's not normal uhc.
Kills- It was a suggestion to encourage players to go for kills. Engaging in battle with someone is stupid when you're just going to lose health that will put you to a disadvantage when battling another person. Hence why I suggested giving the player a players head when they kill them so that they can get regen from it. This is normal uhc.
Teammate. It's about time, like I said. Normal uhc it makes sense to split up for periods of it, 1 can go mining, 1 can continue looking for sugarcane/food/apples. Having a pointer on the sideboard would make it easier for people to find their team mates

I am glad you are happy with it, like I said, some people will be. But this isn't UHC, rename the game to something more suitable.[/QUOTE]

Its not going to be normal uhc, its cubecraft they are going to want to change things up. Yes I think some of the things you said should be fixed, I also think that they shouldn't strive to just be "normal" uhc. it is ultra hard core, in every aspect. Is it different yes, but that doesnt change the game entirely.

Chimpeeze

Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2016
The jungle

I am glad you are happy with it, like I said, some people will be. But this isn't UHC, rename the game to something more suitable.

Its not going to be normal uhc, its cubecraft they are going to want to change things up. Yes I think some of the things you said should be fixed, I also think that they shouldn't strive to just be "normal" uhc. it is ultra hard core, in every aspect. Is it different yes, but that doesnt change the game entirely.[/QUOTE]

I'm not going to argue with you. :)
Just one thing, there's no need to make changes to an already successful game mode.

Proditio

Dec 16, 2016
United States
Its not going to be normal uhc, its cubecraft they are going to want to change things up. Yes I think some of the things you said should be fixed, I also think that they shouldn't strive to just be "normal" uhc. it is ultra hard core, in every aspect. Is it different yes, but that doesnt change the game entirely.

Just one thing, there's no need to make changes to an already successful game mode.[/QUOTE]

If you just want a normal uhc experience than yes you are correct there is no need to change it, but if you haven't noticed cubecraft likes to change things. It's what they do. They don't want to give you something you can find on hundreds of other servers. so they are going to change it, for better or for worse you can decide, but more often than not they will put their own twist on it.

Chimpeeze

Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2016
The jungle
Just one thing, there's no need to make changes to an already successful game mode.

If you just want a normal uhc experience than yes you are correct there is no need to change it, but if you haven't noticed cubecraft likes to change things. It's what they do. They don't want to give you something you can find on hundreds of other servers. so they are going to change it, for better or for worse you can decide, but more often than not they will put their own twist on it.[/QUOTE]

Name one server you can find a normal uhc.

Reactions: LoadzAF

Proditio

Dec 16, 2016
United States
If you just want a normal uhc experience than yes you are correct there is no need to change it, but if you haven't noticed cubecraft likes to change things. It's what they do. They don't want to give you something you can find on hundreds of other servers. so they are going to change it, for better or for worse you can decide, but more often than not they will put their own twist on it.

Name one server you can find a normal uhc.[/QUOTE]
yours <3

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
To start with, the maps.
I love the maps, they look really good on the eye, you can tell the builders have done a great job with them. But it's not right for uhc. The trees. They're massive, and stupid. When you play a uhc, the first thing you do is chop down a lot of trees so that the leaves can start to decay. You leave it for a while and come back to hopefully finding some apples. Impossible to do with the custom trees that are made, you'll spend forever trying to chop down one tree.
I would prefer to have some smaller trees mixed in with the larger ones for apples or maybe just a normal terrain option would fix a lot of this.

Third, Sugarcane.
Where is it? One of the main things of uhc, is getting as op as possible. Now how can you do that, when there's little to none sugarcane anywhere? Again, that's because of the custom maps, looks great, but no thought has been put into the game play.
I completely agree... There's even sugar can in the waiting lobby but not in game xD I'm sure it just a bug and hopefully we'll get some sugar cane soon

Fourth, The border
An enclosing border is great. There's a few issues with the border. The first one is that it's constantly closing up. Great for quicker games, crap if you want to play a proper uhc. It's more like a semi speed uhc. Second is that there's no indication of how close the border is to you. You could be mining away, and suddenly the border is right beside you.
There's a title above your hotbar when the border is within a few blocks like "North border is near!" or something. I really like the constantly enclosing border as it keeps the games quick enough where everyone doesnt leave. I can already see people leaving because games take too long a lot. I don't want to see a change in the border as its at a perfect speed for you to mine away from it right now

Fifth, Lily pads
I know you guys are aware of it, but I just thought I would mention the stupidity of the bug. I'm casually hopping across the water on some lily pads, and as I jump to the land at the other end, BANG, I'm dead. Four hearts I had remaining, and I died. By hitting the ground to hard. It's a bug, I get it, these things happen. But when you release a game, and you already know there are bugs that are going to cause issues for players then why not communicate these issues to them? It's really not difficult to make people aware that lily pads are a threat to your life....
This is an old minecraft bug I don't think cube can fix it without updating versions.

Sixth, Kills
Pretty simple. You are fighting someone, you kill them but you're left with 3 hearts. Fair enough, you're still in the game, they're out of it. But it also discourages players from entering combat. Why would you engage with another player, to potentially lose some of your life when you can just camp out the game, wait until the last person is alive and proceed to battle them with full health.
I would like for you to get a golden apple off of a kill to help promote fighting :D

Seventh, Ore generation
I don't even know what kind of ore gen you guys have done, I've done very little mining, so this is just based on other people telling me what they've found so far.
I think there should be more gold but I kind of like the weird ore generation except for when entire maps are void of iron....

Eighth, Teammate
How do I find my teammate? Why do I have to type in chat asking for their co ords, waiting for their response. Uhc is all about time, wasting time for something so simple is stupid.
This was pretty annoying when playing with spam... I definitely think that an indicator should be added.

• PvP doesn't begin until at least 15 minutes
Too many people would straight up leave before pvp starts imo I think its fine as it is as there's a lot of action going on.

I really like what cube has done with uhc so far keeping it short and entertaining unlike vanilla uhcs. I would like to see it remain mostly the same with a few tweaks :3

Reactions: MagnificentSpam

Proditio

Dec 16, 2016
United States
One thing to add: golden heads. What do you get when you kill a player? Just their drops, no head? At least give some more encouragement to kill players and take more risks by giving a golden head (similar to golden apple but with more regen) or a regen effect on kill.
you kill them to get them out of the game and get their gear plain and simple

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
you kill them to get them out of the game and get their gear plain and simple
Yes, but as of now you don't even get a single point for killing a player. I'd say change both the winning and kill rewards. For example, killing a player should give you X points per kill and X amount of XP (of course more points than a skywars or SG).

Proditio

Dec 16, 2016
United States
Yes, but as of now you don't even get a single point for killing a player. I'd say change both the winning and kill rewards. For example, killing a player should give you X points per kill and X amount of XP (of course more points than a skywars or SG).
I agree with that we need points for killing xD

Proditio

Dec 16, 2016
United States
Still, what about golden heads? Either make them edible straightaway or have the player craft them into golden heads (same recipe as golden apple but replace the apple with the player head);
nah, I prefer it how it is, kills are a risk, if you could go into a fight just to heal after than it ruins the true scare of the no regen factor.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Casualpoalrbear wrote on Loskol's profile.
Pro parrot plays pro program
Guys, I might have predicted BedWars Duos! The best part is it's releasing tomorrow!
1713889970725.png
Eli wrote on Baploon's profile.
Happy Birthday!!
Eli
7 reports closed in a row because Sentinel got there first... :despair:

1713882959021.png
GiGaGekkies wrote on B0tervlieg's profile.
Happy Birthday
Top Bottom