Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you think there should be an Arcade NPC and a PVP NPC?

• Yes :>

Votes: 36 94.7%
  • No :<

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Maybe :{}

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters

Gemmmmie

Forum Veteran
Dec 31, 2017
The Butterfly Gardens
Hello! So this idea has been talked about a bit and I would like to extend on it.

Firstly, Featured Games is a rotation of a variety of games that have been removed almost two years ago. The NPC changes every two days at 5pm BST.

Here is a list of all the Featured Games:

- Archer Assault
- Battle Zone
- Blockwars Capture The Flag
- Blockwars Core
- Layer Spleef
- Line Dash
- Paintball
- Quake Craft
- Slime Survival
- Survival Games Solo
- Survival Games Team
- Wing Rush

Some games are much more popular than others, so due to an algorithm (I think this is correct, but don't quote me on this) they are Featured more often than others. As much as I enjoy this because one of my favourite games does get Featured more often, it isn't fair on other games. Even though, these games are obviously not as popular they rarely get Featured which causes them to never have a chance at even gaining popularity. For example, Battle Zone has around an average of 40-50 players every time it gets Featured compared to Blockwars that can receive up to 150 players!

In the last six months, Battle Zone has been Featured 3 times.
- 10/03
- 10/06
- 12/07

However, if you compare this to Blockwars that has been Featured a massive 23 times! I realise that it isn't a fair comparison due to Blockwars having two different types of Gamemodes, therefore here are the the separate totals. Core has been Featured 9 times while CTF has been Featured 14 times! Also, Blockwars wins the vote majority of the time where I don't think Battle Zone has.
- 06/03
- 08/03
- 24/03
- 28/03
- 07/04
- 13/04
- 21/04
- 23/04
- 01/05
- 25/05
- 29/05
- 06/06
- 20/06
- 26/06
- 02/07
- 06/07
- 24/07
- 28/07
- 07/08
- 15/08
- 21/08
- 29/08
- 31/08

For even more separation purposes.
- 06/03
- 28/03
- 13/04
- 23/04
- 01/05
- 29/05
- 06/06
- 26/06
- 02/07
- 24/07
- 28/07
- 15/08
- 21/08
- 29/08
- 08/03
- 24/03
- 07/04
- 21/04
- 25/05
- 20/06
- 06/07
- 07/08
- 31/08

As you can see, even if you solely compare Battle Zone and Blockwars Core, you can conclude that Core has been featured 3 times as much, in the last six months. This is where my suggestion comes in to try and even out the game rotation. There should be two Featured Games NPC's, there would be one either end of the main game selection. Therefore, one where it is now and add another next to Parkour.
cc lobby.png

The left Featured Game NPC would be an Arcade one, these games would be Layer Spleef, Line Dash, Paintball, Quake Craft, Slime Survival and Wing Rush.
The right Featured Game NPC would therefore be a PVP one, these games would Archer Assault, Battle Zone, Blockwars CTF, Blockwars Core, Survival Games Solo and Survival Games Team. Two Featured Games NPC's could mean old games can return like Barn Brawl, Bingo and Speed Eggwars.

This would also mean more games would be Featured regularly and could gain a higher player count. On the contrary, if there are two games Featured one could have no player count while the other could have a lot. Also, I do realise Cube may not have enough Servers to run another gamemode, especially on Java. Yet, I do think Cube could gain a few more members on Java if another game was added, as well as please the current members by adding a more regular rotation of their possible favourite gamemode.

Thank you for reading! I would love to hear your opinions :>

Gregeyy

Forum Expert
Jul 21, 2017
Spain
Could be a nice addition. I'd like to see two featured game NPCs in the lobby, but without separating them as you're saying. It'd be nice to have just two normal NPCs with two different featured games to choose from, so I voted maybe.

Nothing to add. Thanks for your suggestion and have a nice day! :heart:

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
I honestly always liked this idea. The two NPC's would always stay fresh since they're rotating all of the time. Plus, those who like specific featured games would definitely be more pleased with the frequence of their favourite games showing up.

This has been suggested twice and escalated once in the past:
- https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/2-rotation-system.215999/
- https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/should-popular-featured-games-be-separate.222313/

But I still think it is a fantastic idea and your thread provides a lot more detail and reasoning as to why this should happen. I'm a big fan!

That being said, I will go ahead and Escalate this thread!

Gemmmmie

Forum Veteran
Dec 31, 2017
The Butterfly Gardens
I honestly always liked this idea. The two NPC's would always stay fresh since they're rotating all of the time. Plus, those who like specific featured games would definitely be more pleased with the frequence of their favourite games showing up.

This has been suggested twice and escalated once in the past:
- https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/2-rotation-system.215999/
- https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/should-popular-featured-games-be-separate.222313/

But I still think it is a fantastic idea and your thread provides a lot more detail and reasoning as to why this should happen. I'm a big fan!

That being said, I will go ahead and Escalate this thread!

Thank you so much! 😄

Reactions: Lyriie and Eli

Levi_the_pro

Forum Expert
Nov 21, 2016
I don't see anything wrong with the system now more popular games get featured more makes sense to me more people want it so it should be there more often. But if this suggestion means more blockwars then yes please

Reactions: Gemmmmie

Zathelas

Forum Veteran
Jul 14, 2018
A Skywars Island
I actually love this! I see around 4k+ playing CubeCraft in the afternoon and evening, and sometimes even 5k! So, this isn't a bad idea to add actually. It may depends on which minigame it is, and I mean, which minigames you'd like to play. So I believe CubeCraft is getting popular nowadays so I don't see why this is a bad idea. Good suggestion!

Reactions: Lyriie and Gemmmmie
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Frontlane wrote on Puov's profile.
hoi
Finally some free time in the upcoming days. Time to play sw and skyblock hehehehhe
Eli wrote on Eli Shane's profile.
Legend
Eli
This app feature is so convenient!

1713280002706.png
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on JokeKaedee's profile.
Cool person appreciation moment!:D
Top Bottom