• Unlock All

• Forced Tutorial

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cactus Awex

Novice Member
Mar 6, 2017
Manchester, Wigan
www.google.com
So, I have decided to turn all four of my previous Tower Defence posts into one series: Tower Defence Suggestions. And so, to celebrate being back after 3-5 months of absence, I have made this post.

So without further ado, Let's begin with Tower Defence Suggestions #5.

F9S7P1Q.png

(Yes, I know the screenshot is slanted, I cannot fix that. And before you say the Tower And Defence are not symmetrical with the IDEAS., the letters aren't but the size of the whole thing IS symmetrical. Trust me, I literally spent 30 Minutes making this symmetrical as possible, with odd numbers).

Now, as usual, I will be following the specific format of my suggestion posts. I will talk about any new towers I have come up with, then potions, then mobs, then general.

VERY IMPORTANT: I.N STANDS FOR INITIAL. REMEMBER THAT, OK?

#1: TOWERS: (ALL TOWERS THAT BURN HAVE DEFAULT BURN DAMAGE)

Fireball Tower: (Unlocked With Coins: No) In short, the tower shoots fire balls! Basically, it shoots a fireball at a monster, dealing damage to the monster, then setting them on fire. This tower is similar to the Mage Tower, but it does initial damage on impact, besides, we have archer towers and turret towers, and those are DEFINITELY unique to each other.

Spike Tower: (Unlocked With Coins: Yes). Basically, when you place this tower, every so often it sends spikes shooting up from the ground in a given area, doing damage. This would be easy to animate considering how in 1.11 we got spike entities added in the game (Those things the grey boss villager things beginning with E shoot up sometimes.)

Teleporter Tower: (Unlocked With Coins: Yes). Let's say there are 10 mobs walking. If this tower is near them, it will teleport the mobs (With full health) to the start of the enemies base. Now, obviously, not all mobs will be affected by the tower (*cough* giant *cough*), but it would be fun to see. Also, this tower would be the first tower to not have any upgrades, just placement.

To Place: 1000 Coins. To teleport a single mob it must be half charged. Teleports random mob if it is near (If there are multiple mobs near it will teleport either random mob or strongest etc.). If fully charged and mobs are near, maybe it could teleport two mobs etc. (Hey, maybe upgrades increase charge idk). I imagine this tower would be quite ender looking.

Cursed Tower: (Unlocked With Coins: Yes). This tower when near a mob will curse it. (With the more upgrades, the more mobs can be cursed at a time, speed boosted etc.) When a mob is cursed, it will always die after a length of time, no matter the health. Some mobs won't be affected for obvious reasons.

POTIONS:

Stun Potion: Stops mobs in their tracks. EXP: 400. COST: 500. LENGTH: 3-5Seconds.

Death potion: Deals 1/3 of Mob's health damage. EXP: 1000. COST: 3000. (Doesn't work on the Wither or giant.)

Attack Potion: Makes targeted mob(s) attack increase. EXP: 350. COST: 450. LENGTH: 3-4seconds.

Ghastly Potion: Makes mob(s) immune to all towers. EXP: 650. COST: 1500. LENGTH: 3-3.5seconds

The Hopeful Potion: All towers in the area become stronger (New idea ;P) EXP: 500. COST: 1000. LENGTH: 3-5Seconds.

Cactus Potion: IDK I like the cactus.

NEW GAMEPLAY IDEAS

Magic Points:

Ok, basically, for every 12 mobs you send, you get magic points. EXAMPLE:

Sending 12 zombies = 0.25 M/points. 12 Spiders = 0.3 M/points etc. 12 Giants might be like 10 M/points idk. Note: You cant send 11 zombies and 1 giant and get 10 M/points etc. just a complete set.

Now, after a tower reaches the MAX upgrade, you will be able to use magic points. Magic points can make the tower have abilities. For archer towers, they might have a Fire Arrow ability that lets arrows set mobs on fire. And this ability might cost 5 M/points etc. The magic point symbol may replace the anvil with an ender pearl. When you click the ender pearl, it opens an inventory of all the abilities.

The abilities would be subtle, not too op.

ARCHER TOWER ABILITIES:

Fire Arrows. Lights mobs hit on fire. Cost: 5 Magic Points.
Damaging Arrows. Arrows do more damage. Cost: 5 Magic Points.
Rapid Arrows. Shoots arrows 2x faster. Cost: 5-6 Magic Points.

Unlock all: 15-16 Magic Points.

ARTILLERY:

Spreading TNT. Spawns TNT over a bigger area then explodes. (Deals less damage though). Cost: 3 Magic Points.

TNT Rain. TNT spawns over a 5x6/6x5 area, exploding as soon as it hits the ground. Cost: 5-6 Magic Points.

Creeper TNT: TNT does 2x more damage, but has a 1/20 chance of spawning a creeper each time. Cost: 4 Magic Points.

Unlock All: 12-13 Magic Points.

ICE TOWER:

Harmful Ice: Ice slowly drains health. Cost: 4 Magic Points.

Unlock All: 4 Magic Points.

MAGE TOWER:

More fire!: Has a wider range, and fire burns more. Cost: 5 Magic Points.

Unlock All: 4 Magic Points.

POISON TOWER:

Withering Poison: Poison is replaced by withering. The damage dealt is 2x more. Cost: 5 Magic Points (Maybe upgrading this will make the tower black not green?)

Unlock All: 5 Magic Points.

EARTHQUAKE TOWER:

Magnitude Ten: Deals 2x Damage. Cost: 5 Magic Points.

Slow, Painful Death. Lasts 2x Longer. Cost: 5 Magic Points.

Unlock all: 10 Magic Points.

SORCERER TOWER:

More pets! 2x more pets summoned. Cost: 5-6 Magic Points.

Explosive pets! When a pet is spawned, 1/5 will EXPLODE. Cost: 5 Magic Points.

Unlock All: 10-11 Magic Points.

LIGHTNING TOWER:

Double Striking: 2x Damage. Cost: 5 Magic Points.

Fast Paced Storm: 2x quicker. Cost: 6-7 Magic Points.

Unlock All: 11-12 Magic Points.

TURRET TOWER:

Extreme Rapid Arrows: 2x Faster. Cost: 7 Magic Points.
Damaging Arrows: 2x Damage. Cost: 5 Magic Points.

Unlock All: 12 Magic Points.

NECROMANCER TOWER:

Anti-Giant: Deals 2x Damage. Cost. 7 Magic Points.

Friends Forever: Spawns another golem. Cost: 8 Magic Points.

Unlock All: 15 Magic Points.

LEECH TOWER:

Progressive Charging: Leech Charges over time without mobs. Cost: 8 Magic Points.

Deathly Upgrade: 2x Damage. Cost: 10 Magic Points.

Unlock All: 18 Magic Points.

UNLOCK ALL:

How about, when you place a tower etc. If you have enough money to upgrade straight to level IV, instead of clicking the anvil 3 times just click a UNLOCK ALL button?

Thanks for reading; That's all my suggestions

ALSO, LETS HAVE A FORCED AND INTERACTIVE TUTORIAL FOR NEW PLAYERS SO THERES NO MORE IDIOTS IN THE CHAT SAYING: 'HOW DO I PLAY' ETC.

Last edited:

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
A death potion would likely be way WAY to OP for the most part the current potions for damage are death potions just not insta death
I like attack potion also you might want to edit the poll so players can chose more than just 2 options

Aug 18, 2017
I think there should be something in the tutorial teaching about tower placement..... yeah too many people placing 1 tower in a space of 4 towers. As in a 3x3 tower in the centre of a 6x6 space.

DeDeDestroyed

Nov 13, 2015
The towers are all horrible. Fireball is just a crappier mage or alternative to flaming arrow archer tower. You left like no details about the Spike tower, but I'm gonna assume it's an AOE ground-damaging tower. Sound familiar? Look at artillery. Sure they might have a different theme but they have the same use. Teleporting tower seems busted (Nothing can get through but giants/withers?) and would break the gameplay; why would the enemy send mobs if they'll just be sent right back at themselves? Once each team has one the game is pretty much a guaranteed tie. Cursed tower is just an insanely overpowered version of the Poison tower.

The potions are just as bad. Stun potion is just a straight-up better slowness potion, which isn't fair as the enemies troops would have no chance of getting through if 3 players just alternated throwing stun potions. Death potion seems rather worthless, seeing as though its based on a percentage of max HP yet it can't be used against things with a high max HP. If it was able to be used against giants, it would be OP, so there's no way this potion could be implemented well. Attack potions are literally worthless seeing as though you can't throw potions near the castle (well, you're not supposed to be able to anyways), and even if you could it would be overpowered beyond belief. The ghastly potion is horrendously overpowered, it's just a FAR better version of the speed potion (in which its point is to minimize time spent near towers). The hopeful potion doesn't make sense, as you use the potion on the track, not the tower area, and just seems off-putting.

Magic points would just make sending nothing but zombies more of a requirement. Besides that, tower should be getting weaker, not stronger, since it's way too easy to end games in a stalemate.

TLDR you have no concept of balance.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

I just logged on and just saw all these messages, sorry for not seeing them earlier, Tysm guys!
Screenshot 2024-04-27 012708.png

what-? I won 1st place but then got 2nd place...?
GiGaGekkies wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy Birthday
Playing SkyBlock with my boyfriend almost feels like therapy. Just chilling around and finishing quests :))))
Basketman wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow Pro Rocket player.
Top Bottom