Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

adrian525pl

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2023
Not too long ago, in a forums thread, I saw a bit of an unusual way to win the mushroom parcour minigame on mineware that many people didn't know about, where, if u do it right, u don't have to actually do the parcour. And that kind of got me thinking "okay, what other useful, small tricks, do I know that many people may not be aware of?" and now we are here. I want to show and explain some things that a lot of players may have missed or be unaware of that can come quite useful. Now there is no target audience for this, and it can be useful to anyone, but good players are generally speaking more likely to know those things already.

Let's get started.

In case you want to know what the colors mean:
Blue is for eggwars
Yellow for lucky islands
Red for pvp in general

[I think you can figure it out based on the content of each of the sections though.]

Instant-Collector upgrades

I think that's something that some of the players who try to play the game "quickly" may already know, but that's not all players.

What do I mean by instant upgrades?

So, you know how upgrading resource spawners in eggwars works, you right-click the sign or the block (yes, you can also press the block), a menu opens, you click the "upgrade" button if u got enough resources, then it upgrades.

But its a bit risky to have an entire UI open if you are trying to be quick about. Luckilly there is a way to speed this up. You can skip the menu and instantly jump to the upgrade step by simply crouching when upgrading, like this:

Snowballs and blazes

I think everyone who played a few games of lucky islands had to deal with an annoying blaze floating too far away from any land to get punched at least once. Aside of a bow, crossbow, wand or trident there is another way to deal with a blaze. You see: sometimes, you can get snowballs in lucky islands, usually because a snow golem spawns. Those snowballs do not deal damage to any mobs, except for ONE mob, the blaze. You can kill a blaze by simply throwing snowballs at them.

This one may have been more well known, but since snowballs have been quite significantly nerfed compared to days before 1.20 they are used not nearly as much, and in lucky islands especially they tend to be treated as completely useless, so I figured I'd give you a reason to ocassionally keep some snowballs around.

Tridents are better than netherite swords

Now I've written in another thread about this one, in one where I also discussed weapon damage. This one is very well known among better players, but since a lot of people I encounter appear to still prefer netherite swords, I figured I'd say it again

Basically: the base damage value of the trident and a netherite sword, on vanilla minecraft may be the same, but that does not apply to cubecraft. On cubecraft, tridents deal one extra point of damage, making them superior to netherite swords and a literal scam in overpowered mode, where both netherite and tridents cost the same despite one being better. And that one point of damage (0.5 hearts) is quite significant, every point of damage matters in reducing the armor protection reduction when damage is calculated and of course when calculating the damage itself.

Netherite > Diamond

Now this one may be confusing to those unfamiliar with the concept of armor toughness, and again might be more known among better players.

What I mean by saying Netherite is better is that, besides the knockback reduction, netherite has another advantage over diamond armor: A higher armor toughness value. In java, armor toughness is visible by hovering over armor pieces. On bedrock however it is an invisible number: Armor toughness simply is another way of reducing damage on top of the basic armor protection. Diamond armor, on top of 20 armor points, equivalent to an base 80% damage reduction, also has 2 points of armor toughness per piece.

Netherite armor has 3 armor toughness per piece, on top of the KB reduction as well as the 20 armor points, meaning you get less damage per hit with netherite armor.

Durability matters

I am not sure how many of you are long game enjoyers, but I am. And a couple of games I played revealed something that might be useful if you ever find yourself playing a long game and could potentially save your life.

In gamemodes like eggwars, skywars and lucky islands, your items, both weapons and armor, can break. I know to some of you this sounds like a "no sh*t genius" moment, but let me explain: in pvp games, on most servers, item durability does not matter as they don't break. On cubecraft that is not the case, on cube you have to pay attention to item durability, otherwise it might cost you the game like with this guy:

Here is an example of durability being taken into account correctly:

Notice how the guy brought a reserve helmet in case this happened?

Of course, if your games are short, that usually won't be a problem, but in case you end up in a longer game then you might want to know that stuff, just so you don't lose a game to it. And trust me when I tell you: In Overpowered mode, once you got netherite, those fights can last forever, in the clip where the guy replaces the broken helmet, the whole game lasted an hour with half of it being dedicated to just me and him trying to stab each other in the center of the map.

Rarely used items

There are items in eggwars that many of you may not know about that might come in handy in certain scenarios. For example, how many of you have ever used the leap feather? How many of u even knew it existed? Another example: did u know that, similar to hypixel bedwars, you can now buy fireballs on cubecraft eggwars? Another somewhat useful item are so called "eggmites", basically: an egg that spawns a bunch of endermites that will attack any opponent who approaches them, and they are quite useful if u want to disrupt your opponents movement and throw them off their game by forcing them to fight a bunch of tiny dots on the ground.

Ever had the contents of your chest stolen in eggwars? There is an enderchest you can buy. Ever wanted to instantly place a tower? there is an item for that. Want to have ladders despite their removal as a separate block from the game? there is an item for that? Ever wanted to fly? Buy an elytra. Ever wanted to instantly place a 3x3 wall in front of you? there is an item for that.

Did u know the game had ender pearls? They are expensive as f*ck, but they are there.

As an unrelated side note:
I am kinda suprised there is no automated bridging item considering we got a tower builder, a ladder builder and a wall builder.

That is it for this one, maybe, if I can find out more things that not a lot of people might know about, I might make another one.

Otherwise... I guess I will see you around somewhere

Roxrock

Mar 6, 2023
Andromeda
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
1st, a quick note, while snowballs can be useful for fighting blazes you have to use them smartly. If you don’t have enough, you could knock the blaze in a location you cannot reach, and it is dangerous and time consuming to build out to one. If possible, deal melee damage before resorting to snowballs, and try to knock it into a corner.
  • Trapped chests explode. This means you can break them or craft them, and place them down next to opponents to blow them up. They deal a very high amount of damage and shouldn’t be neglected
  • Certain items can be crafted that have special abilities. For example, you can craft trapped chests and they behave like they do when you get them out of lucky blocks. You can craft compasses and they will be able to track players. (This was very useful before compasses were added when two players are left) This doesn’t work with all items though, for example, crafting a fire charge won’t make it behave like a fireball.
  • You can sprint into shulker bullets to travel quicker. Once you stop sprinting, you won’t be able to start sprinting again midair. This can be hard to do because shulker bullets have awkward collision.
  • On the map, Candy, there are two diamond blocks hidden in the center
    IMG_0080.png
  • When you get dissolving material, you can craft it into nuggets or blocks to keep it from dissolving.
I could probably think of a few more things, feel free to reply if you want more.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Casualpoalrbear wrote on Xi1m's profile.
FkhsjevXEBQvIe3.jpg
to the very few 5 or less people who are concerned about fhg dont worry its not going anywhere i just dont feel like writing at all and im disappointed in myself so

dw its not that deep
Desiderata wrote on caraMel's profile.
cara mel you are my biggest hater ily
1714232286010.png
Desiderata wrote on Centuria's profile.
congrats on being able to drive a car

should've said it here instead of posting it on the fhg topic :(
will you guys still love me if chapter 4 turns out to be shorter and more underwhelming
Top Bottom