Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
This discussion focuses on Lucky Islands, try to stay on topic!

Roxrock

Mar 6, 2023
Andromeda
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Last week, I wanted to know what items in lucky islands you guys like the most. This week, I wanted to brainstorm ideas for new items in lucky islands. When making your responses, be sure to include which lucky block(s) your item comes out of, how rare your item is, and what it might do differently in overpowered mode. These ideas don’t have to be well thought out, I will be fine tuning my ideas and possibly your ideas before considering a feedback post requesting them. Feel free to reply with suggestions about my own or other people ideas.

Rewind:

Appearance: Blue arrow pointing backwards.
Behavior: This item teleports the user to the location they were at 5 seconds before using the item. When they use it, a cloud of blue particles appears around them before they teleport. It is consumed upon use. This comes out of normal lucky blocks and diamond lucky blocks. In overpowered mode, it teleports them to where they were 10 seconds ago instead of 5.
Description: An item players can use to escape a deadly situation, weather it be running from other players, falling in the void, or swimming in lava.

Fakestone:

Appearance: Gravestone with a fuse coming out the back.
Behavior: Can be placed as a block, generating a gravestone sprite on top of a sea lantern. When this sprite is interacted with, 5 tnts get launched up at the graves location, which make no noise, and the player gets slowness 2. The player opens a chest menu, and the chest can contain splash potions of health, leather chestplates, iron swords, golden swords, cooked beef, stone blocks, bows, arrows, diamonds, iron ingots, gold ingots, golden apples, golden armor, leather armor, or chain armor. When the sea lantern is broken, an explosion detonates instantly. Comes out of rainbow lucky blocks, the chest contains better loot, causes more tnt, and the player receives 3 of them in overpowered.
Description: A fake sprite that looks like a gravestone, but causes an explosion. Players could trick other players into falling for a tnt explosion. Players who notice the fuse or the person who obtains the item could try to loot the gravestone and escape the explosion.

Smasher:

Appearance: A sledgehammer with spikes.
Behavior: Item that deals 3 damage, has special ability that causes a random piece of armor an opponent is wearing to break instantly upon being hit with this weapon, has a 40 second cooldown. Comes out of normal and diamond lucky blocks. Has half cooldown and does 5 damage in overpowered.
Description: A weapon that focuses on armor durability, rather than brute damage.

Scrambled egg:

Appearance: Chicken egg
Behavior: Can be thrown as a projectile, scrambles and randomizes the inventory of whoever gets hit by it. Comes out of normal and diamond lucky blocks, and players receive 3 in overpowered.
Description: A projectile players could use to buy themselves time by messing with their opponents inventory.

Hollowgram:

Appearance: Just like a normal lucky block
Behavior: A sprite that looks like a lucky block, but can’t be interacted with in any way. An item that can be placed down. Comes out of normal lucky blocks. Players receive 5 in normal mode and 15 in overpowered.
Description: A decoy lucky block that can be used to distract and trick new players.

Bounty:

Appearance: an enchanted piece of paper
Behavior: shows text telling player who their bounty is when held. Gives player a special item for killing the listed player. A rare drop from normal and diamond lucky blocks, gives better rewards in overpowered mode.
Description: An item that incentivizes players to go after and hunt other players, a rewarding skill-check.

Glue gun:

Appearance: An enchanted bow
Behavior, a bow that shoots arrows that turn nearby blocks into honey blocks wherever the arrow lands, has flame 1. Players receive 2 - 6 arrows in normal mode and 4 - 12 in overpowered. Comes out of normal and diamond lucky blocks. In overpowered, Has flame 4 and turns a larger number of blocks into honey blocks.
Description: A special type of bow useful for getting blocks, getting opponents stuck, or making blocks easier to break.

Mystery Sword:

Appearance: starts out as an enchanted iron sword
Behavior: sword that turns into a random sword whenever it is used to deal damage, and keeps this ability. Comes out of normal and diamond lucky blocks and keeps permanent sharpness 3 in overpowered mode.
Description: A special weapon that deals a random amount of damage each hit.

Last weeks thread

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
These all sound so good, but I think this should be in feedback and suggestions, instead of discussions.

Reesle

Forum Expert
May 25, 2022
Canada
These all sound so good, but I think this should be in feedback and suggestions, instead of discussions.
These ideas don’t have to be well thought out, I will be fine tuning my ideas and possibly your ideas before considering a feedback post requesting them. Feel free to reply with suggestions about my own or other people ideas.

Reactions: Dualninja

Roxrock

Mar 6, 2023
Andromeda
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I may eventually include these ideas in feedback and suggestions. This posts is intended to spark thoughts about potential ideas for new items, which I want to edit and fine tune until I feel that the fit the best in lucky island. These discussions have been a great way for me to start getting my thoughts together on some larger feedback posts I want to make about the game later down the road.

Reesle

Forum Expert
May 25, 2022
Canada
I really like your ideas. My favorites would be “rewind”, “smasher”, and “scrambled egg”. These are really well thought out. The only thing I would change is that instead of obtaining “smasher” in normal and diamond lucky blocks, I would make it so it only comes out of diamond lucky blocks, as I feel it is very OP.

Reesle

Forum Expert
May 25, 2022
Canada
So far I only have 1 idea of my own : Player Wand.
Appearance: I have no ideas for an appearance.
Behaviour: this wand would have a 40 second cooldown in normal/blessed modes and a 25-30 second cooldown in overpowered mode. Every time I would use this wand, I would get teleported to the player who is nearest to me. This would be helpful when you’re out of blocks and need to rush, when half the map is burnt by fire, and when the final player is camping, hiding, or sky-basing. This wand would be obtainable from both normal and diamond Lucky Blocks.

Feel free to elaborate and tweak my idea. Also, if you think of a good appearance please tell me, as I hava 0 ideas for one.
If I think of any other ideas, I will make another reply.

Reesle

Forum Expert
May 25, 2022
Canada
So far I only have 1 idea of my own : Player Wand.
Appearance: I have no ideas for an appearance.
Behaviour: this wand would have a 40 second cooldown in normal/blessed modes and a 25-30 second cooldown in overpowered mode. Every time I would use this wand, I would get teleported to the player who is nearest to me. This would be helpful when you’re out of blocks and need to rush, when half the map is burnt by fire, and when the final player is camping, hiding, or sky-basing. This wand would be obtainable from both normal and diamond Lucky Blocks.

Feel free to elaborate and tweak my idea. Also, if you think of a good appearance please tell me, as I hava 0 ideas for one.
If I think of any other ideas, I will make another reply.
I was able to think of 2 more ideas, hope you like them:

1. Knockback snowballs
Appearance: snowballs enchanted with knockback II
Behaviour: whenever this projectile is thrown at a player or a mob, they would take knockback equivalent to being hit with a knockback II weapon. I feel this is a little bit OP, and should only spawn in diamond lucky blocks. Also, you should get 2 of these snowballs in normal mode and 4 in OP mode. If a player would try to hit an entity with these snowballs, it would not deal knockback II. They MUST be thrown to deal knockback II.
Description: snowballs that deal the equivalent of knockback II when thrown on an entity.

2. Minecart Reward (feel free to think of a better name xD)
Appearance: Normal chest minecart
Behaviour: once this item is obtained from a normal or diamond lucky block, a chest minecart will fall from the sky onto the block below it (or the void if there are no blocks underneath). This minecart would contain 4-6 pieces of food, 12-20 blocks, a guaranteed elevator, a guaranteed wand, and 1-3 knockback snowballs (see previous idea).
Description: minecart that falls from the sky filled with useful loot.

Roxrock

Mar 6, 2023
Andromeda
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I was able to think of 2 more ideas, hope you like them:

1. Knockback snowballs
Appearance: snowballs enchanted with knockback II
Behaviour: whenever this projectile is thrown at a player or a mob, they would take knockback equivalent to being hit with a knockback II weapon. I feel this is a little bit OP, and should only spawn in diamond lucky blocks. Also, you should get 2 of these snowballs in normal mode and 4 in OP mode. If a player would try to hit an entity with these snowballs, it would not deal knockback II. They MUST be thrown to deal knockback II.
Description: snowballs that deal the equivalent of knockback II when thrown on an entity.

2. Minecart Reward (feel free to think of a better name xD)
Appearance: Normal chest minecart
Behaviour: once this item is obtained from a normal or diamond lucky block, a chest minecart will fall from the sky onto the block below it (or the void if there are no blocks underneath). This minecart would contain 4-6 pieces of food, 12-20 blocks, a guaranteed elevator, a guaranteed wand, and 1-3 knockback snowballs (see previous idea).
Description: minecart that falls from the sky filled with useful loot.
For your first idea (from your other comment) while I think the problem this item attempts to fix in the game is valid, reaching players who are camping or far away, I think that this item would be too unfair against those who don’t have it. Once there is one player left, you could use this item to attack them immediately when they aren’t prepared and have a major advantage, and it would be easy to avoid using it until only 2 players are left, after the other player is weak after having fought and killed the 3rd place player.
I agree that your second idea is OP, and like the first one, a bit unfair to those it is used against. It’s basically a punch bow with 2 durability, which I think could cause stalemates where a person trying to cross a bridge is stopped by someone who has this item. I would rather that this drop only exist in overpowered mode, and normal snowballs be given in normal mode, since overpowered is meant to contain unfair drops and items.
I’m a bit confused about the last item. Is it an item the player uses, or a structure drop? Here is a modification to this drop that I think would make it more unique from regular chests:

Supply Drop:

An item that rarely drops out of normal and diamond lucky blocks. When it is used, a chat message is said, “supply drop incoming“ A sprite of a chest attached to a balloon slowly lowers. After approximately 30 seconds, it lands on the ground and disappears. A chest is generated at the location where it landed containing some of the following loot:
Normal lucky blocks
Diamond lucky blocks
Food lucky blocks
Blocks lucky blocks
A wand
A special bow or sword
A special item
Iron, gold, or diamonds
Description: makes a loot chest slowly fall from the sky upon use

This item could act as a skill check so that players must defend the drop from other players after using the item and survive for 30 seconds. I also think using lucky blocks instead of basic loot would add more complexity and luck.

Thank you for all the amazing suggestions =)

Reesle

Forum Expert
May 25, 2022
Canada
I like your suggestion for the first idea.
Also yeah I guess my idea was kind of like a supply drop. The only difference was that I was suggesting that it be a chest minecart that falls from the sky instantly instead of a custom texture thing that slowly falls like SG has.
Either way, I really like your suggested tweaks to both of my ideas!

Tripleee

Feb 7, 2023
idk
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I think these are all good ideas, though you should make it so that the ”Fakestone” comes out of diamond lucky blocks instead of rainbow ones, as this would be rather useless against more experienced players who know how to avoid this. In my opinion a good new item could be invis pots that last for about 10 seconds as I feel this could add a more strategic part to the game instead of the brute attacking I see a lot of the time. Another cool item would be a wither sword, obtainable from diamond lucky blocks that would infect your opponent with the wither effect for 5-10 seconds every 10 hits. (Invis pots would come from normal lucky blocks)

Reactions: Reesle
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Pro helper!:D
Conea64 wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
I know I'm early but congratulations on being a colourful little fella
Xi1m wrote on camulos's profile.
happy broathdy
Basketman wrote on ImSatisfied's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Basketman wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Top Bottom