Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
Like every server, CubeCraft has a set of rules. They are there to protect people from certain things and to keep chats, the forums, discord, etc. a nice place to be. That's a great thing, and I think the rules are, in theory, good rules and they were put in place with good intentions.. However, nothing is perfect, and there are some rules that have problems. Not really the rules for how to play, those are fine, but a lot of the chat rules are too strict and/or unclear. The 3 rules with the most major problems are the Swearing, Threatening and Spamming rule.

Problem 1: The Swearing Rule

The swearing rule punishes, among other things, any language intended to offend, upset or belittle people. This rule is quite unclear, as it's hard to know what falls under it and what doesn't. Also, staff members can never know for sure with what intention you said something. You might not have seen it as upsetting or offending, while someone else does. On top of that, this rule is also a little to strict. Some people get muted for saying things like "Vieze aap" (Dutch, and it translates to "Dirty monkey"), while that is not that serious. So for this rule, clarify and make it less strict.

Problem 2: The Threatening Rule

This rule is clear, but A LOT too strict. Some people get muted for saying things like "Ik hoop dat je je teen stoot" (Dutch again, and it translates to "I hope you hit your toe") or "Stik in kaas" (Dutch again, and it translates to "Choke in cheese"). Now of course those things aren't really nice to say, but I don't think it's fair to mute people for 30 days/permanently for it. I don't really think anyone can take that serious, and it makes no sense at all so I think it should be made less strict.

Problem 3: The Spamming Rule

This rule is both too strict and unclear. In the rule it says using the same message over and over without reason while you also get punished if you say a different message but it means the same. And for it being too strict, if you're just having fun with friends and you accidentally say the same thing a few times, there will always be someone farming reports and reporting you, while absolutely no one cared about you just having fun. The people that report you probably don't even care, they just want reports. So I'd say if it's just you and some other people having fun, change the limit of same messages to 5.

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com
Problem 1: The Swearing Rule

The swearing rule punishes, among other things, any language intended to offend, upset or belittle people. This rule is quite unclear, as it's hard to know what falls under it and what doesn't. Also, staff members can never know for sure with what intention you said something. You might not have seen it as upsetting or offending, while someone else does. On top of that, this rule is also a little to strict. Some people get muted for saying things like "Vieze aap" (Dutch, and it translates to "Dirty monkey"), while that is not that serious. So for this rule, clarify and make it less strict.
It's hard to clarify this, as every situation is different. It often also depends on the opinion of the moderator and every moderator can have a different view on it.

But why would you want to call someone 'dirty monkey' in the first place? Being toxic on the internet and trying to annoy people at the edge of being punishable is your own choice and the risk of having toxic behaviour is that you might get muted for it.
Problem 2: The Threatening Rule

This rule is clear, but A LOT too strict. Some people get muted for saying things like "Ik hoop dat je je teen stoot" (Dutch again, and it translates to "I hope you hit your toe") or "Stik in kaas" (Dutch again, and it translates to "Choke in cheese"). Now of course those things aren't really nice to say, but I don't think it's fair to mute people for 30 days/permanently for it. I don't really think anyone can take that serious, and it makes no sense at all so I think it should be made less strict.
'Stik in kaas' is a death wish and therefore counts as threatening. 'I hope you hit your toe' should not be muteable if I'm correct.

You may or may not agree with these rules, but they are the rules so you have to follow them. And even though these insults might not sound offending, someone might be offended by it. On the internet it's hard to define what's sarcastic and what's not, so there has to be a line somewhere.
Problem 3: The Spamming Rule

This rule is both too strict and unclear. In the rule it says using the same message over and over without reason while you also get punished if you say a different message but it means the same. And for it being too strict, if you're just having fun with friends and you accidentally say the same thing a few times, there will always be someone farming reports and reporting you, while absolutely no one cared about you just having fun. The people that report you probably don't even care, they just want reports. So I'd say if it's just you and some other people having fun, change the limit of same messages to 5.
If you say exactly the same thing 3 times within max 5 minutes it is considered spamming. It depends on the moderator if they punish for it or not, but that is the rule. It's very clear and not strict at all. If you want to have fun with your friends by spamming random things, do it in party chat to prevent you from getting reported. You are, if you agree or not, still breaking a rule, no matter what your intention was.

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
It's hard to clarify this, as every situation is different. It often also depends on the opinion of the moderator and every moderator can have a different view on it.
Fair enough, but some mods punish for everything.
But why would you want to call someone 'dirty monkey' in the first place? Being toxic on the internet and trying to annoy people at the edge of being punishable is your own choice and the risk of having toxic behaviour is that you might get muted for it.
In the example it was: The player got killed, said (to someone who was his friend): "Dirty monkey, I was afk for like 1 min :(" But indeed, being toxic is your own risk, this one is the one I was the least sure about.
'Stik in kaas' is a death wish and therefore counts as threatening. 'I hope you hit your toe' should not be muteable if I'm correct.
Someone did get muted for it though xd
You may or may not agree with these rules, but they are the rules so you have to follow them. And even though these insults might not sound offending, someone might be offended by it. On the internet it's hard to define what's sarcastic and what's not, so there has to be a line somewhere.
So you're telling me that it's possible for someone to take 'choke in cheese' serious?
If you say exactly the same thing 3 times within max 5 minutes it is considered spamming. It depends on the moderator if they punish for it or not, but that is the rule. It's very clear and not strict at all.
Only when it's exactly the same thing?
If you want to have fun with your friends by spamming random things, do it in party chat to prevent you from getting reported. You are, if you agree or not, still breaking a rule, no matter what your intention was.
I'll just give an example: You're with someone else (not in p) and you're pretending to be back in 2016 CubeCraft. So you start saying things like "omg rank pls vote op". Sometimes you don't really think about that and accidentally say it 3 times, and you could possible even get permmuted for that, which is way too strict imo.

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
Disclaimer: I have no idea if any of the examples you mentioned are offensive or whatever, I don't speak Dutch. But I'd hardly say the chat rules you mentioned are way too strict.

Just wanna mention that the spamming punishment track starts with a warning, which in itself isn't exactly a punishment. Maybe be more mindful and know when to stop before you get your first mute? If not, and you are muted... you can always appeal. Same goes for every other chat offenses you mentioned. If something seems too strict, talk it out with the staff member who punished you. If that doesn't work, talk with someone like Capitan or Animal. Most of these rules just act as an guideline so unless they list out EVERY single scenario, they're bound to be somewhat unclear. Mods can act upon their own discretion, just keep that in mind.

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com
Someone did get muted for it though xd
So you're telling me that it's possible for someone to take 'choke in cheese' serious?
It is a death wish tho. Just prevent from using the word 'stik' (choke) in any context.
Only when it's exactly the same thing?
Yes, or if it means exactly the same.
For instance of you say:
"give me bread
give me bread
give me your bread"
That would still be spamming as you don't really add something useful to it. Before adding 'your' it was already clear what you meant.

Also for instance if you spam random signs or strings of signs without a meaning it can be something different each time, but that is obvious.
I'll just give an example: You're with someone else (not in p) and you're pretending to be back in 2016 CubeCraft. So you start saying things like "omg rank pls vote op". Sometimes you don't really think about that and accidentally say it 3 times, and you could possible even get permmuted for that, which is way too strict imo.
You would only get permmuted if you have been punished for spamming 4 times before. Im sorry to say it but then it's just your own problem and you clearly don't understand it then.
You should be careful with what you type, especially if you have been punished for spamming before meaning that you're aware that it can cause a punishment.

Reactions: xHappyMood
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Infringement wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats on becoming a Helper!
Your pink now!!!!
Infringement wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Mintypie231, how’s your day going?

Good or Bad
Alexp192 wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations!
𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Congrats 🎉
𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats 🥳
Top Bottom