Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Jqrz

Dedicated Member
Aug 1, 2016
Western Australia, Perth
www.youtube.com
Hello one and many! Jazz here and today, I'll be giving you a suggestion. And that suggestion is, as you read by the title, the report system must change. Obviously not every single thing, but the video evidence part. Cubecraft is a worldwide server. And there are many people in different age groups, who play. Ranging from 7 to 24+. Now, for those who are 1 - 12, parent really look forward in every terms and conditions for the safety of their child, and as YouTube says, 13+ can be on YouTube. Now, this doesn't mean that 7 - 12 year old, CANNOT capture the hacker. They can but there must be somewhere they could show their evidence. But having the option only to provide a YouTube video, makes them disobey the rule, and may even let go of the evidence. And to me, that sucks, more & more hackers still stay in this enormous network.
*Therefore, there should be an option in the video evidence, in the reporting system, that asks for either YouTube evidence (if you encounter a hacker during recording, like I have many times) and simply a 'video' evidence.

*Please do like this thread* I really look forward in helping you guys.

Thanks for taking the time to read this lengthy thread, but that's it from me.

Your Friendly Jazz
IGN: Jqrz

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Now, for those who are 1 - 12, parent really look forward in every terms and conditions for the safety of their child, and as YouTube says, 13+ can be on YouTube. Now, this doesn't mean that 7 - 12 year old, CANNOT capture the hacker. They can but there must be somewhere they could show their evidence.
The child doesn't need to have his/her own Youtube account to upload evidence. Their guardian would probably make one under their name & preferences IF the child really wanted to report someone. But I highly doubt people around the age of 12 having the patience of recording & reporting hackers in the first place.

However I do agree that they need to support more video sharing platforms other than youtube.

Jqrz

Dedicated Member
Aug 1, 2016
Western Australia, Perth
www.youtube.com
The child doesn't need to have his/her own Youtube account to upload evidence. Their guardian would probably make one under their name & preferences IF the child really wanted to report someone. But I highly doubt people around the age of 12 having the patience of recording & reporting hackers in the first place.

However I do agree that they need to support more video sharing platforms other than youtube.
What you said is true. But from what I have seen, many of these kids are recording the hackers!!
And with that said, Why are we involving youtube into this? Why not just upload the evidence here!?
That would be a ton helpful.

Jqrz

Dedicated Member
Aug 1, 2016
Western Australia, Perth
www.youtube.com
I don't know exactly how this website host is put together, but I'm pretty sure uploading thousands of videos of evidence would really pack a punch to the forums as it's hosted by Xenforo.
That could be one problem, but after viewing and punishing the reported hackers, they could just delete all of them

Jqrz

Dedicated Member
Aug 1, 2016
Western Australia, Perth
www.youtube.com
Deleting evidence is one of the biggest things they ask you not to do when reporting someone.
(https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/please-do-not-remove-your-video-evidence.83272/)
That's true, but I said AFTER has been punished, they may delete the evidence once they are sure about it.
Alos, I do acknowledge that this may require a lot of staff to go through all the recordings, but surely, it would make cubecraft a better place, as the people who cannot upload it to youtube, can upload it here. So there is a less chance of the hacker now, from getting away.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
That's true, but I said AFTER has been punished, they may delete the evidence once they are sure about it.
Alos, I do acknowledge that this may require a lot of staff to go through all the recordings, but surely, it would make cubecraft a better place, as the people who cannot upload it to youtube, can upload it here. So there is a less chance of the hacker now, from getting away.
Have you even read the thread I just linked?
Quite recently, I've seen a lot of video evidence being removed, right after the user who was reported had been banned.
Whenever you report a hacker, and they get banned for it, please DO NOT remove your video. When we get contacted about someones ban, we should be able to show them the video of them hacking since they have all rights to view their evidence. One of the main reasons to why players remove their videos is because they don't want to clutter their channel. If you encounter this problem then you can easily change your settings and make it unlisted.

We should be able to watch the evidence for at least 3 months after the user has been banned. If we need the evidence again and we can't access it, it is very likely that the player you reported might get unbanned.

Jqrz

Dedicated Member
Aug 1, 2016
Western Australia, Perth
www.youtube.com
I don't know whether this is the case or not, but since Xenforo is the host, I'm pretty sure Cube'll need to pay extra for all of the storage needed for the hundreds of videos uploaded daily. Videos can be quite big in terms of file size, compared to screenshots.
Yes, that could be the only possible problem. But it is highly unlikely that the hacker will get away with it. Because people who aren't allowed get on youtube or people who have a big channel, would not bother to upload on YouTube. This is where my suggestion comes in. Thanks GainfulTerror for taking part in this. :)

Wolfii

Aug 9, 2016
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
I don't know whether this is the case or not, but since Xenforo is the host, I'm pretty sure Cube'll need to pay extra for all of the storage needed for the hundreds of videos uploaded daily. Videos can be quite big in terms of file size, compared to screenshots.

Xenforo is simply the software the website runs on. It isn't hosted by them, Cubecraft host the website themselves. However, you are not wrong that they would have to pay more to store it.

Troublesomee

Forum Veteran
Feb 6, 2016
[WAQUOTE="Jqrz, post: 815881, member: 180090"]Hello one and many! Jazz here and today, I'll be giving you a suggestion. And that suggestion is, as you read by the title, the report system must change. Obviously not every single thing, but the video evidence part. Cubecraft is a worldwide server. And there are many people in different age groups, who play. Ranging from 7 to 24+. Now, for those who are 1 - 12, parent really look forward in every terms and conditions for the safety of their child, and as YouTube says, 13+ can be on YouTube. Now, this doesn't mean that 7 - 12 year old, CANNOT capture the hacker. They can but there must be somewhere they could show their evidence. But having the option only to provide a YouTube video, makes them disobey the rule, and may even let go of the evidence. And to me, that sucks, more & more hackers still stay in this enormous network.
*Therefore, there should be an option in the video evidence, in the reporting system, that asks for either YouTube evidence (if you encounter a hacker during recording, like I have many times) and simply a 'video' evidence.

Your Friendly Jazz
IGN: Jqrz[/QUOTE]
I agree with @Gainfullterror
Also, a lot of kids that are 10-12 years old just have a YT channel.
Youtube ia a safe website, if they would add more websites then someone could go to a virus website.

Last edited:

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
Yes.... please read our chat =D
That makes no sense at all.
Hello one and many! Jazz here and today, I'll be giving you a suggestion. And that suggestion is, as you read by the title, the report system must change. Obviously not every single thing, but the video evidence part. Cubecraft is a worldwide server. And there are many people in different age groups, who play. Ranging from 7 to 24+. Now, for those who are 1 - 12, parent really look forward in every terms and conditions for the safety of their child, and as YouTube says, 13+ can be on YouTube. Now, this doesn't mean that 7 - 12 year old, CANNOT capture the hacker. They can but there must be somewhere they could show their evidence. But having the option only to provide a YouTube video, makes them disobey the rule, and may even let go of the evidence. And to me, that sucks, more & more hackers still stay in this enormous network.

Your Friendly Jazz
IGN: Jqrz
I completely agree that some children, whom aren't allowed to make an YouTube channel, should get other ways to contact Staff members about rulebreakers.
Many servers use a kind of /report. Some give you the ability to talk to online Staff member(s), and some simply send a Message saying whether there's a rulebreaker in-game or inside a lobby or not. The only problem with an /report command or an /msg staff command is that Cubecraft's Staff size is incredibly under average. It's very small for Cubecraft's Size as an Server meaning that some features just won't be able to be implemented. Having an small Staff Team doesn't really give you allot of benefits in such a big Network.

Your idea could work but most likely won't. Simply said, most young players don't report with the report system because it's very complicated for them. One of the main reasons is because the signing-up process is already very difficult. Many players aren't native English speakers. Many are from Europe, Asia or South America.
Another reasons would be installing an recording software, setting it up and then recording your game. I don't think 7 year olds would know how to do that. And there's also the problem of accesing %appdata% for your screenshots with isn't really easy to access if you're 7 or 8. Yes you could download an Screenshot software but then we come back at the previous problem on where to download and how to set it up.

Young players aren't really handy when it come to downloading things and could simply download a virus. That's why Cubecraft's way of messaging Staff about rulebreakers(By this I mean the reporting system) isn't really the most efficient way for the younger audience, and I don't think it's the task for the younger audience to be reporting rulebreakers.

Reactions: Troublesomee

RayzMC

Feb 3, 2017
Summer
I do agree that they could have a wider range of uploading evidence aside form youtube, people who use Quick time player ( Mac ) , like me must have to upload it and wait then share the link, we could have just dragged the file to the "upload" area which is going to be way more easier.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

MrTommy wrote on Eli's profile.
So ypy finally admitting im good at something :D
Screenshot_20240425_224822_Samsung Internet.jpg
Reesle wrote on The NightGhost02's profile.
Happy Birthday!! 🥳
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Thjis wrote on CubeCraft's profile.
Happy Bday Cube Bedrock!
ToonBer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd eitje!
Top Bottom