Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarcqsme

Jun 30, 2019
Dear,

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm Sarcqsme and have been playing cubecraft since I got a pc (in early 2018).
I immediately bought an Obsidian rank after a few months because I enjoyed playing with my friends so much. I know a lot of people are getting older and we can't bring it back like we used to but try what... Cubecraft come on, you guys make such cool and beautiful things. Still use it in a good way. Instead of using your time in such temporary games/stories, you should use it to make the server better. Back in the days when CubeCraft was still popular, there were an average of 10,000 players a day online around the entire network. Today, there are occasionally 3000...
In the back of our minds we all know cubecraft is not as high as it used to be, but we don't know why....
So therefore herewith my opinion/thought why CubeCraft is dying now!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[1] The Lobbies. This change was a bad choice. From a huge network with many lobbies per gamemode's. To maybe 10-20 lobbies with some npc's. I know it is expensive to keep these servers open. But instead of 20 per gamemode, do 2 or 3 lobbies. It would be even better to just bring back the old lobbies. This gives the best feeling for most players to come back. There has also been told that around 8000 players a day would return to the lobbies. Of course we are never going to reach this, because CubeCraft does nothing about it and just lets the server die.
So I implore you, and this is probably coming not only from me but also from other hundreds of players. Just bring the lobbies back. I have heard that cubecraft is gonna bring a new lobby to bedrock and maybe java, but this is *NOT* gonna solve the problem....

[2] Bedrock. By itself there is nothing wrong with it, everything is much more elaborate, there is cross play with playstation, xbox, switch etc etc etc..

The problem with this is that there is way too much focus on this network. There are more announcements about packs coming out again or something else, than just a cool java update. I think the focus should be spread around the 2 networks. Or for example split the team into 2, I'm just saying.
This was my post,

Feel free to leave some feedback and share your opinion!

Sarcqsme <3

PS: Here are you old screenshots from me, sorry for my bad english btw ;)

Attachments

• 2018-03-18_19.33.18.png
    2018-03-18_19.33.18.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 298
  • 2018-04-23_20.13.05.png
    2018-04-23_20.13.05.png
    730 KB · Views: 295
  • 2018-09-26_15.33.21.png
    2018-09-26_15.33.21.png
    836.5 KB · Views: 305

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
I've also wanted to add to why Java was dying. I was an old player on the Java server in 2016-July 2017 and I remember when the server was at its peak back then.

1. CubeCraft was in a bigger mess back then than now (its Bedrock server as of writing this currently more players than Hive during EU uptime). There's many more reasons other than financial regarding why lobbies were removed:
  • Dwindling player count.
  • Lower quality of the server over time. There were a lot of complaints especially in FFA/assassination where cheaters would wreak havoc over the servers and there weren't enough staff to respond to that (an automated system isn't enough). The result is that those players get fed up with the game and leave.
  • Other games other than Minecraft and other Minecraft servers gained popularity. (Minecraft was declining until 2019.)
    • Servers come and go. Likewise, people come and go (this includes staff members).
    • EggWars was what got this server popular in the first place, but that was because very few servers were known to have that gamemode and it was trendy.
2. Servers are businesses. We, the players, are just customers. A business will naturally focus on its strengths to maximize its profits and cut losses. There may not be enough manpower to efficiently split the staff team into two, and sometimes splitting an already small team can cost more.

It's only a matter of time until the Java server closes (Hive did so earlier this year in April with their Java server for similar reasons). It seems that the Java server is going to be up for only about 1-2 years.

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
In my opinion adding lobbies back at this time would do more harm than good. Being able to talk to all community members in the global lobbies is a cool thing imo, and it makes it way more likely people will play lucky and then see egg and then see sky and then see td etc etc etc instead of just playing one game all day. If there way lobbies for PVP and Other games it wouldn't get enough players. At the lowest point of Cubecrafts player count they are almost going into the 200's at the moment. I liked the lobbies, but it wouldn't be the same imo. Cubecraft may have grown out of that individual game community type by now too seen as the lobbies haven't been here in years, and if they haven't grown out of that there's not enough to create any sort of atmosphere that there was when there was with individual game lobbies

Typicaaal

Forum Expert
Jul 14, 2015
The Multiverse
Pronouns
He/Him
If CubeCraft were to make let's say for example 5 more permanent game modes, the attention will be drawn in-between those games, meaning that all the other games will have fewer players. By making temporary games, attention will be drawn to that particular game for a few weeks and then get removed. So whenever another new temporary game get's announced, it's much more exciting.

Talking about lobbies, if you take a look at bedrock, it uses exactly what you are suggesting. Although there is almost no social interacting between all the ~40k players because they are not in the same lobby and are all divided into specific lobbies. I think what we have right now on Java is pretty good considering that we don't have that many players on Java as we do on Bedrock.

Bedrock. By itself there is nothing wrong with it, everything is much more elaborate, there is cross play with playstation, xbox, switch etc etc etc..
Yes, that is indeed true. But that is because Microsoft allows cross platforms, unlike on Java. Also, if we were to have the same structure on Bedrock that we have on Java, it would be all chaos.

The problem with this is that there is way too much focus on this network. There are more announcements about packs coming out again or something else, than just a cool java update. I think the focus should be spread around the 2 networks. Or for example split the team into 2, I'm just saying.
That is also true, the simple reason behind this is because Bedrock has 10x the players as Java do, meaning that more players would be expecting new updates and more people would spend money on ranks, packs, cosmetics in general.

Just like me, you don't know how the dev team works behind the scenes, so how can you suggest changes to it? But I can assure you that they have multiple developers working on Java, as well as on Bedrock.

Talking about updates, they don't take days to make, because updates need organizing, developing, testing, and much more which consumes a lot of time and effort.

At last, Minecraft Java is dying as a whole so you can't really blame CubeCraft for this.

Critly

Forum Expert
May 23, 2018
Poland but live in Belgium
And maybe also fix the bugs a bit faster and not ban whole community out just because it's a one bug you guys are responsible for. Because out of that you get people that start quitting the server or just go hack on the server :)

Reactions: Amazinq and Matriox

bwead

Novice Member
Aug 21, 2021
Every server has their flaws, no matter the size, but Cubecraft has something no server can really compare to, an awesome community, for the most part, everyone is friendly, helpful to each other (aside from those toxic players that think anyone that is slightly worse than them is "bad"). I see Cubecraft as one of the most welcoming communities, and its easy to get involved. Take away those toxic players, it'll be easier. I'd love to see Cubecraft grow, but on the same note it being smaller now is really nice, think of it like a small town, in a way everyone knows each other somehow, and it's really cool to see.

guinea_pigcrown5687

Aug 14, 2021
My Guinea pigs' cage EU#12
Pronouns
He/Him
Dear,

I'm Sarcqsme and have been playing cubecraft since I got a pc (in early 2018).
I immediately bought an Obsidian rank after a few months because I enjoyed playing with my friends so much. I know a lot of people are getting older and we can't bring it back like we used to but try what... Cubecraft come on, you guys make such cool and beautiful things. Still use it in a good way. Instead of using your time in such temporary games/stories, you should use it to make the server better. Back in the days when CubeCraft was still popular, there were an average of 10,000 players a day online around the entire network. Today, there are occasionally 3000...
In the back of our minds we all know cubecraft is not as high as it used to be, but we don't know why....
So therefore herewith my opinion/thought why CubeCraft is dying now!

[1] The Lobbies. This change was a bad choice. From a huge network with many lobbies per gamemode's. To maybe 10-20 lobbies with some npc's. I know it is expensive to keep these servers open. But instead of 20 per gamemode, do 2 or 3 lobbies. It would be even better to just bring back the old lobbies. This gives the best feeling for most players to come back. There has also been told that around 8000 players a day would return to the lobbies. Of course we are never going to reach this, because CubeCraft does nothing about it and just lets the server die.
So I implore you, and this is probably coming not only from me but also from other hundreds of players. Just bring the lobbies back. I have heard that cubecraft is gonna bring a new lobby to bedrock and maybe java, but this is *NOT* gonna solve the problem....

[2] Bedrock. By itself there is nothing wrong with it, everything is much more elaborate, there is cross play with playstation, xbox, switch etc etc etc..

This was my post,

Feel free to leave some feedback and share your opinion!

Sarcqsme <3

PS: Here are you old screenshots from me, sorry for my bad english btw ;)
It is only java, Bedrock when I log on is in mid 20 thousands
btw [2] I think looking at @HackersDontWin Streams I think java is more.

Dont kill

Novice Member
Jun 6, 2021
Saudi Arabia
Pronouns
He/Him
Yes it's dying
BUT I swear Egg wars can't get players less than 25
If you said why
Because Java Has a big history And a great moments
And egg wars has players more than any other game because
EggWars is epic, When EggWars made It shocked all the world
"The spawn reason is an egg? It's a great idea without bed!"
And the other games like MinerWare is other products
But there is something good :) With the new Minecraft launcher It will show you bedrock With java
if the people Will use the new launcher so cubecraft java will be better

I hope to me to be able to buy java soon
(When I Will Buy It I Will Play CubeCraft More Than Any Thing Else)

And don't let The memories die because it's an epic moments :)

guinea_pigcrown5687

Aug 14, 2021
Pronouns
He/Him
Yes it's dying
If you said why
But there is something good :) With the new Minecraft launcher It will show you bedrock With java

And don't let The memories die because it's an epic moments :(
mate, whatt is that language

guinea_pigcrown5687

Aug 14, 2021
Pronouns
He/Him
Yes it's dying
If you said why

And don't let The memories die because it's an epic moments :)
It stands for Minecraft: The new diamond egg war?! In arbic ماين كرافت : حرب البيض الدايموند الجديدة ؟!

Reactions: Silco

Dont kill

Novice Member
Jun 6, 2021
Saudi Arabia
Pronouns
He/Him
It stands for Minecraft: The new diamond egg war?! In arbic ماين كرافت : حرب البيض الدايموند الجديدة ؟!
Yah It's The Arabic Langue
ماين كرافت كيوب كرافت حرب البيض الدايموند
Are you happy now with my langue? :)

Click Greatness

Jan 23, 2021
Greatness
www.youtube.com
I've also wanted to add to why Java was dying. I was an old player on the Java server in 2016-July 2017 and I remember when the server was at its peak back then.

1. CubeCraft was in a bigger mess back then than now (its Bedrock server as of writing this currently more players than Hive during EU uptime). There's many more reasons other than financial regarding why lobbies were removed:
  • Dwindling player count.
  • Lower quality of the server over time. There were a lot of complaints especially in FFA/assassination where cheaters would wreak havoc over the servers and there weren't enough staff to respond to that (an automated system isn't enough). The result is that those players get fed up with the game and leave.
  • Other games other than Minecraft and other Minecraft servers gained popularity. (Minecraft was declining until 2019.)
    • Servers come and go. Likewise, people come and go (this includes staff members).
    • EggWars was what got this server popular in the first place, but that was because very few servers were known to have that gamemode and it was trendy.
2. Servers are businesses. We, the players, are just customers. A business will naturally focus on its strengths to maximize its profits and cut losses. There may not be enough manpower to efficiently split the staff team into two, and sometimes splitting an already small team can cost more.

It's only a matter of time until the Java server closes (Hive did so earlier this year in April with their Java server for similar reasons). It seems that the Java server is going to be up for only about 1-2 years.
I agree with most of your thought process except for your last statement. I don’t think CubeCraft will close down Java. They updated to 1.12.2 and dropped 1.8 by saying it was impossible for them to continue their updates in such an old version. Don‘t you think they would’ve closed java right then and there instead of waiting? I know 3K players is probably what kept them from closing is, but considering that they’ve done magic and mayhem on java ( and possibly the new lobby with the train and balloons), there’s really no huge barrier blocking them from advancing.

We know Java may be what’s holding them back from committing to a bedrock UI revamp ( like Galaxite’s super clean UI), but this is CubeCraft we’re talking about. They’re finding ways to update both java AND bedrock. I don’t think they’re killing java off anytime soon, they can keep it alive for years to come.

• Unsure
Reactions: Amazinq and Matriox

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
I agree with most of your thought process except for your last statement. I don’t think CubeCraft will close down Java. They updated to 1.12.2 and dropped 1.8 by saying it was impossible for them to continue their updates in such an old version. Don‘t you think they would’ve closed java right then and there instead of waiting? I know 3K players is probably what kept them from closing is, but considering that they’ve done magic and mayhem on java ( and possibly the new lobby with the train and balloons), there’s really no huge barrier blocking them from advancing.

We know Java may be what’s holding them back from committing to a bedrock UI revamp ( like Galaxite’s super clean UI), but this is CubeCraft we’re talking about. They’re finding ways to update both java AND bedrock. I don’t think they’re killing java off anytime soon, they can keep it alive for years to come.
According to the official thread regarding 1.8-1.11.X, there weren't enough players playing on those versions. There's a clear trend so far though for the Java version:
  • 2016-2017: server was doing well on Java.
  • 2018-present: server declining in Java.
    • In late 2018, the server was already losing players to the point of closing lobbies and removing games.
    • As of writing this, there's a consistent average of 1k players online as shown here. However, there were some corner cases where they got above this average.
CubeCraft is a small company. As of writing this, it has about close to 100 employees (I'm certain that only developers, admins, QA, and builders are paid). That's not a lot of manpower to keep both the very large Bedrock network and the Java network running.

As long as the Java network still makes a profit, they'll keep the Java servers. However, if it's clearly at the point where it's a lost cause (like how Hive closed their Java server and moved completely to Bedrock), then that Java server will close.

Reactions: Click Greatness

Click Greatness

Jan 23, 2021
Greatness
www.youtube.com
According to the official thread regarding 1.8-1.11.X, there weren't enough players playing on those versions. There's a clear trend so far though for the Java version:
  • 2016-2017: server was doing well on Java.
  • 2018-present: server declining in Java.
    • In late 2018, the server was already losing players to the point of closing lobbies and removing games.
    • As of writing this, there's a consistent average of 1k players online as shown here. However, there were some corner cases where they got above this average.
CubeCraft is a small company. As of writing this, it has about close to 100 employees (I'm certain that only developers, admins, QA, and builders are paid). That's not a lot of manpower to keep both the very large Bedrock network and the Java network running.

As long as the Java network still makes a profit, they'll keep the Java servers. However, if it's clearly at the point where it's a lost cause (like how Hive closed their Java server and moved completely to Bedrock), then that Java server will close.
I see your points and you have evidence to back it up; however, the reason 1.8 was struggling at all was because it wasn’t worth it for CubeCraft to add updates for. It was a lose-lose situation so CubeCraft was forced to take the loss.

In 2020, they basically doubled their staff team, they revamped a lot of their methodologies and that’s what caused them to push out many updates between both Java and Bedrock. Of course, corners were cut in some aspects, but those cut corners allowed them to update both bedrock and java at the same time.

If Java does start losing loads of profit and players, CubeCraft will shut it down yes. However, what I was saying was that Java isn’t gonna get into a dire spot like that. If it does, it’s game over. But I think CubeCraft will do everything in their power to prevent that from happening. Sure, it’s only a matter of time but 1-2 years is WAYYYY to early. I’d at least double that to 4 years.

lvminary

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2020
Germany
CubeCraft Java should add the navigator again to quickly select a game. It's annoying to run to the NPCs and click them.
Bedrock has the same lobby style and still got a navigator.

Amazinq

Forum Expert
Jul 12, 2021
Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
Since 2019 cubecraft Java began to decline and to be a worse server, but a few months ago started dying so hard and they are just doing nothing.
They are not updating things and are just waiting the server to die completely.

The halloween update was trash and just a copy-paste from last year.

Since Christmas 2020 there isn't a 25 seasonal hunt because they dont want to work in creating loot items.

They are just looking Bedrock edition and leaving Java to die (like 1.8)

The problem is they are not doing nothing.
Thats all!
Just paying the minimum to mantain the server and also actually there is much more lag than before.

Sad but true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
hi pookie :3
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Clovate's profile.
Heya cool person!:D
Xi1m wrote on Frontlane's profile.
genius idea frontland
IMG_8850.jpeg
GiGaGekkies wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congratulations...
GiGaGekkies wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations!
Top Bottom