Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should the hard limit on amount of captures be reverted?

• Total voters

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
The new update on BlockWars update set a hard limit on the amount of captures a team can get in a game in CTF mode to 3, at that point the game ends, and the team with 3 captures wins, here is a few arguments for the positive and negatives on the limit on captures.

What this effectively does, is make it extremely hard to make late game comebacks, so once a team has gotten a bit ahead to start there is less you can do to make your way back e.g. 2-0 with 5 minutes left to the game.

You can win games much faster and if you are dominating you no longer have to wait for drawn out games to end when you are clearly winning by a long shot.

It removes one of the most fun aspects to the game which is "let's see how many captures we can get this game, maybe we can beat our record!"

Since games are often much shorter, it means more time is spent waiting for the games to start rather than actually playing. Spending about 2 minutes waiting for the game to start for what's sometimes only a 4 or 5 minute game rather than a 9 minute, meaning time spent actually playing is decreased, while time spent waiting is much more.

Core already had a limited game of 25 core damage and capturing was always the one that was free from limits, I'd like to keep it that way

If you have anymore arguments for the two sides, put them down in the comments, and vote on the poll :p

I want a mode where it goes on longer and bigger maps with bigger people.
Thats all. With speed

OOHHH SPEED MODE I GOT AN IDEA!!!

DaHammy

Mar 29, 2016
Italy
The new update on BlockWars update set a hard limit on the amount of captures a team can get in a game in CTF mode to 3, at that point the game ends, and the team with 3 captures wins, here is a few arguments for the positive and negatives on the limit on captures.

What this effectively does, is make it extremely hard to make late game comebacks, so once a team has gotten a bit ahead to start there is less you can do to make your way back e.g. 2-0 with 5 minutes left to the game.

You can win games much faster and if you are dominating you no longer have to wait for drawn out games to end when you are clearly winning by a long shot.

It removes one of the most fun aspects to the game which is "let's see how many captures we can get this game, maybe we can beat our record!"

Since games are often much shorter, it means more time is spent waiting for the games to start rather than actually playing. Spending about 2 minutes waiting for the game to start for what's sometimes only a 4 or 5 minute game rather than a 9 minute, meaning time spent actually playing is decreased, while time spent waiting is much more.

Core already had a limited game of 25 core damage and capturing was always the one that was free from limits, I'd like to keep it that way

If you have anymore arguments for the two sides, put them down in the comments, and vote on the poll :p

I disagree. This update is my favourite one so far, the maps have been improved a lot. And andy, we know that you just want more flag captures. I hardly disagree with this, without the limit it was more boring, the limit of captures made this more intense. People are actually trying to win now. And also, if the game are too short or something, just change the limit to 5 even though 3 would be better, but I really hope the limit of captures stays

Aurora

Jun 12, 2016
<3
Its true that its hard to make late comebacks in the game compared to before, however its not impossible to do. 5 min left in the game with the score as 2-0 is still plenty of time to make any sort of comeback if you play it right. I do see your point as now the objective of the game is "Reach 3 caps as soon as possible", instead of "get as many unlimited caps within the time frame". However, the positive side to this is as you stated, not having to wait for drawn out games. I think this update added a new level of excitement and intensity where you're no longer comfortably going 6-0 and waiting for the game to end with less effort being put in, but trying to get as much done within the time frame. Trying to get as many captures in a game to beat a previous "record" is fun to do, however thats not the main objective of Blockwars, its more of a personal objective, and I think this update puts more emphasis on what Blockwars is actually about.

The only thing I don't like about the update in terms of captures is that it reminds me a lot of CTF in Paintball, where the objective is also to get 3 captures, just by different means. If anything were to be changed about this, I would suggest increasing the amount of caps from 3 to 4 or 5, just to make it more distinguishable from an arcade game.

I don't think this update is perfect, but I think with the limit, it makes the game pretty straightforward.

Just my opinion.

Last edited:

sikkman2169

Jun 21, 2017

Yeah, I agree with that, I'm voting to revert it back :D gets more points for stats anyways :P

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
Since games are often much shorter, it means more time is spent waiting
This also goes the other way around.

If games are shorter, they appear faster on the board, which means less time is spent waiting.

I think the real reason why more time is now spent waiting than say a year ago is because less people play blockwars now, simple as that.

hostage

Novice Member
Aug 19, 2017
The Haunted House
This also goes the other way around.

If games are shorter, they appear faster on the board, which means less time is spent waiting.

I think the real reason why more time is now spent waiting than say a year ago is because less people play blockwars now, simple as that.

Yes...But the fun of a longer game... idk how to explain this really my english is not really 10/10. But what i`m trying to explain is with a bit longer game you have more fun and more time to learn about the game if you're new ofc ;p

Reactions: CommunistCactus
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Heya, after a good while years having not appreciated sleep a lot, have I learned things. I have most of the times seen it as a hindrance to things such as relations and projects. But after years I realised that you need to sleep to be well. Both physically and mentally. When I also realized that I could work better and more efficiently, did I try to get more sleep. That reminds me, I need to sleep now hah XD
Eli wrote on marshduck11's profile.
I like your profile picture
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Thank you so mush for everything

I know i am late bc i didn't realize that you have left the team sadly we see the better one go ..
Will be announcing the giveaway winner within the next 2 hours or so.
Reesle wrote on Cloudiefly's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂 ☁️
Top Bottom