Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should the hard limit on amount of captures be reverted?

• Total voters

Andyyy

Forum Expert
Dec 7, 2016
Blockwars
The new update on BlockWars update set a hard limit on the amount of captures a team can get in a game in CTF mode to 3, at that point the game ends, and the team with 3 captures wins, here is a few arguments for the positive and negatives on the limit on captures.

What this effectively does, is make it extremely hard to make late game comebacks, so once a team has gotten a bit ahead to start there is less you can do to make your way back e.g. 2-0 with 5 minutes left to the game.

You can win games much faster and if you are dominating you no longer have to wait for drawn out games to end when you are clearly winning by a long shot.

It removes one of the most fun aspects to the game which is "let's see how many captures we can get this game, maybe we can beat our record!"

Since games are often much shorter, it means more time is spent waiting for the games to start rather than actually playing. Spending about 2 minutes waiting for the game to start for what's sometimes only a 4 or 5 minute game rather than a 9 minute, meaning time spent actually playing is decreased, while time spent waiting is much more.

Core already had a limited game of 25 core damage and capturing was always the one that was free from limits, I'd like to keep it that way

If you have anymore arguments for the two sides, put them down in the comments, and vote on the poll :p

Last edited:

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Well capturing 3 isn't that easy but I feel like it isn't that hard to do if people are chasing in so I do agree but I don't think they should allow infinite captures
I don't think all games should last the whole 10 minutes at least so I would say 4-5 maybe

Reactions: DaHammy

ocelot

Aug 18, 2017
Lol i agree, :P , u should change it back, the game ends to quick :(
- xCuteOcelotx

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
Well capturing 3 isn't that easy but I feel like it isn't that hard to do if people are chasing in so I do agree but I don't think they should allow infinite captures
I don't think all games should last the whole 10 minutes at least so I would say 4-5 maybe
You probably almost never run into stupid teams
The new update on BlockWars update set a hard limit on the amount of captures a team can get in a game in CTF mode to 3, at that point the game ends, and the team with 3 captures wins, here is a few arguments for the positive and negatives on the limit on captures.

What this effectively does, is make it extremely hard to make late game comebacks, so once a team has gotten a bit ahead to start there is less you can do to make your way back e.g. 2-0 with 5 minutes left to the game.

You can win games much faster and if you are dominating you no longer have to wait for drawn out games to end when you are clearly winning by a long shot.

It removes one of the most fun aspects to the game which is "let's see how many captures we can get this game, maybe we can beat our record!"

Since games are often much shorter, it means more time is spent waiting for the games to start rather than actually playing. Spending about 2 minutes waiting for the game to start for what's sometimes only a 4 or 5 minute game rather than a 9 minute, meaning time spent actually playing is decreased, while time spent waiting is much more.

Core already had a limited game of 25 core damage and capturing was always the one that was free from limits, I'd like to keep it that way

If you have anymore arguments for the two sides, put them down in the comments, and vote on the poll :p
this would sound better as a mercy rule, ive seen teams so bad that the opponent will score more than 10 captures before time is up there should be a max score in case a team is getting decimated, itll progress the game alot easier

ChasingRainbows

Jun 16, 2016
Florida
Yeah but ROFLstomping an inferior team with capture after capture isn't exactly the most fun you can have. I think that it should be 3 captures, but you have to win by 2. Meaning you can't win 3-2, unless time runs out and its 3-2. Also if you are down 3-0 and manage to get 2 caps the other team would need 2 more to win.

Jeff_Bllkth

Forum Expert
Jul 7, 2016
Spain
bit.ly
I just want to add something: Good players vs Good players.

Normally, a game like this ends in a 1-0 so... are we forced to make this game longer or eternal? (At least in CTF)

Aug 12, 2017
Saudi Arabia

Why everyone is talking about this game is a good game and there is nothing wrong with it

Reactions: Aurora

Jeff_Bllkth

Forum Expert
Jul 7, 2016
Spain
bit.ly
O

Okaay what is the proplem ? rules and order are all good what your problem is man
I just want to add something: Good players vs Good players.

Normally, a game like this ends in a 1-0 so... are we forced to make this game longer or eternal? (At least in CTF)

Members Online

Latest profile posts

Desiderata wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
eggs age over time

how curious
C95689C6-C73E-40B4-9CD7-76C479A7E2D5.png

Here’s my son, I made him in biology today! Say hi to Jimothy!
UncleSpect wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Desiderata wrote on savina875's profile.
thabks 4 folow
UncleSpect wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
hoiii cas bearr
Top Bottom