Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
This discussion focuses on BlockWars modes, try to stay on topic!

Aluzem

Helper
Team CubeCraft
🙌 Helper
Mar 29, 2026
41
125
39
21
Hello everyone! I have recently started playing 5v5 CTF in the Blockwars game mode on CubeCraft.
In my journey through it I have seen a lot of very fast wins, with the team that I play with absolutely dominating almost every single match.
However, this has got me wondering about what is the fastest possible time achievable in this specific game mode?
I remember the unofficial world record to be just above 1 minute.
But I wonder... what is the theoretical limit to capturing 3 flags?
I hope that someone smarter than me can answer that:))
 

hamwody

Member
Mar 10, 2026
94
58
24
19
capland
Hello everyone! I have recently started playing 5v5 CTF in the Blockwars game mode on CubeCraft.
In my journey through it I have seen a lot of very fast wins, with the team that I play with absolutely dominating almost every single match.
However, this has got me wondering about what is the fastest possible time achievable in this specific game mode?
I remember the unofficial world record to be just above 1 minute.
But I wonder... what is the theoretical limit to capturing 3 flags?
I hope that someone smarter than me can answer that:))
I don't really know but my fastest with prefect run is like 1 minute and 5 or 3 seconds? Mybe this is the fastest we can get + we used headhitters and rush mode (so you have speed potion in the match) to make ourself break the limits of the run this is our best record mybe you can break it but I didn't say anyone yet have done anything under a minute
 
  • Like
Reactions: zneash and Aluzem

imnerdhehe

Novice Member
Sep 4, 2025
127
129
49
15
The Nerdyland
Pronouns
He/Him
Nerd can help,
First, lets make the equation...
In CTF 5v5, game starts after when the mid wall disappears, means half of path to go for first time to enemy, then time to capture the flag which is constant, then coming the full path back, and for fastest case, when you capture flag, your friend will be there to capture the other one, then he will come back, and again your another friend will capture and come back.
so the equation will be, 1/2p+c+p+c+p+c+p
simplifying it more, 3p+3c
In this, p= time taken to travel the full path from your flag to enemy's
and, c= time taken to capture the flag.
Now by putting values, which i have is p=14 sec (It is not constant due to different maps) and c= 5 sec.
now answer is, 3*14+3*5= 57 seconds.
It can be different on different maps so just put values in this equation.
I hope this helped
 
Last edited:

GG KING 1234576

Novice Member
Oct 10, 2024
0
5
49
22
Sri Lanka, Central Province
youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello everyone! I have recently started playing 5v5 CTF in the Blockwars game mode on CubeCraft.
In my journey through it I have seen a lot of very fast wins, with the team that I play with absolutely dominating almost every single match.
However, this has got me wondering about what is the fastest possible time achievable in this specific game mode?
I remember the unofficial world record to be just above 1 minute.
But I wonder... what is the theoretical limit to capturing 3 flags?
I hope that someone smarter than me can answer that:))
That’s actually a really interesting question.


If you think about it theoretically, the absolute limit would come down to map size, spawn positions, and movement speed. In a perfect scenario, one player rushes straight to the flag while teammates create a path or distract, and the return route is completely uncontested.


Since you need 3 captures, the minimum time would basically be 3 perfect flag runs back-to-back with zero resistance, perfect movement, and instant pickups. The biggest limitation is travel time across the map, so the “theoretical limit” is just the shortest possible round trip multiplied by three, plus a tiny delay for flag captures.


In reality though, even the fastest games will always be a bit slower because of small delays like flag pickup timing, turning, or minor resistance.


So if the unofficial record is just over 1 minute, that’s probably already very close to the practical limit unless there’s some kind of optimization or strategy that hasn’t been discovered yet.
 

hamwody

Member
Mar 10, 2026
94
58
24
19
capland
Nerd can help,
First, lets make the equation...
In CTF 5v5, game starts after when the mid wall disappears, means half of path to go for first time to enemy, then time to capture the flag which is constant, then coming the full path back, and for fastest case, when you capture flag you friend will be there to capture the other one, then he will come back, and again your another friend will capture and come back.
so the equation will be, 1/2p+c+p+c+p+c+p
simplifying it more, 3p+3c
In this, p= time taken to travel the full path from you flag to enemy's
and, c= time taken to capture the flag.
Now by putting values, which i have is p=14 sec (It is not constant due to different maps) and c= 5 sec.
now answer is, 3*14+3*5= 57 seconds.
It can be different on different maps so just put values in this equation.
I hope this helped
N🧊
 

Aluzem

Helper
Team CubeCraft
🙌 Helper
Mar 29, 2026
41
125
39
21
I don't really know but my fastest with prefect run is like 1 minute and 5 or 3 seconds? Mybe this is the fastest we can get + we used headhitters and rush mode (so you have speed potion in the match) to make ourself break the limits of the run this is our best record mybe you can break it but I didn't say anyone yet have done anything under a minute
Yeah, I think your record is the one that I remember of! I wonder how much of your technique can be improved.
 

Aluzem

Helper
Team CubeCraft
🙌 Helper
Mar 29, 2026
41
125
39
21
Nerd can help,
First, lets make the equation...
In CTF 5v5, game starts after when the mid wall disappears, means half of path to go for first time to enemy, then time to capture the flag which is constant, then coming the full path back, and for fastest case, when you capture flag, your friend will be there to capture the other one, then he will come back, and again your another friend will capture and come back.
so the equation will be, 1/2p+c+p+c+p+c+p
simplifying it more, 3p+3c
In this, p= time taken to travel the full path from your flag to enemy's
and, c= time taken to capture the flag.
Now by putting values, which i have is p=14 sec (It is not constant due to different maps) and c= 5 sec.
now answer is, 3*14+3*5= 57 seconds.
It can be different on different maps so just put values in this equation.
I hope this helped
Thank u for making the equation😆 If 57 seconds is really possible, at least on one of the maps, the community definitely has something to aim for!
 

Aluzem

Helper
Team CubeCraft
🙌 Helper
Mar 29, 2026
41
125
39
21
That’s actually a really interesting question.


If you think about it theoretically, the absolute limit would come down to map size, spawn positions, and movement speed. In a perfect scenario, one player rushes straight to the flag while teammates create a path or distract, and the return route is completely uncontested.


Since you need 3 captures, the minimum time would basically be 3 perfect flag runs back-to-back with zero resistance, perfect movement, and instant pickups. The biggest limitation is travel time across the map, so the “theoretical limit” is just the shortest possible round trip multiplied by three, plus a tiny delay for flag captures.


In reality though, even the fastest games will always be a bit slower because of small delays like flag pickup timing, turning, or minor resistance.


So if the unofficial record is just over 1 minute, that’s probably already very close to the practical limit unless there’s some kind of optimization or strategy that hasn’t been discovered yet.
I hope there will be some sort of breakthrough one of these days.
 

zneash

Member
Feb 22, 2025
1
1
9
Hello everyone! I have recently started playing 5v5 CTF in the Blockwars game mode on CubeCraft.
In my journey through it I have seen a lot of very fast wins, with the team that I play with absolutely dominating almost every single match.
However, this has got me wondering about what is the fastest possible time achievable in this specific game mode?
I remember the unofficial world record to be just above 1 minute.
But I wonder... what is the theoretical limit to capturing 3 flags?
I hope that someone smarter than me can answer that:))
CTF underrated gamemode
 

hamwody

Member
Mar 10, 2026
94
58
24
19
capland
Thank u for making the equation😆 If 57 seconds is really possible, at least on one of the maps, the community definitely has something to aim for!
Surly mushrooms maps are the best
1- flat map (the messy maps are horrible for speedrun)
2 easier to build the headhitters to get the least time
3- the other flag isn't that far away!
 
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

NEWS: Halloween Event is in Testing and there's a CubeCraft Live QNA on Friday at 5 PM GMT (I will record it for you guys, submit your questions for them here)
1790739144221.png

1790739240335.png
qryaw wrote on Capitan's profile.
Hi Capitan, I would like to discuss my permanent ban from the CubeCraft community by your moderation team for ban evasion. Despite my repeated requests for them to check my logs and compare them with the logs of the person they suspect I am, they refused. Please get in touch with me
bruno_gamer1305 wrote on Capitan's profile.
Hello captian please read my forums
Aluzem wrote on Nollq's profile.
Congrats on helper)) I'm sure you are up for it.
Aluzem wrote on MiddaySky's profile.
Congrats! A new path was opened to you in your journey through this world, so travel through it with care and grace. Sorry I'm a bit late(
Top Bottom