caraMod
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Aug 7, 2022
England
Pronouns
She/Her
Hello! ✧・♪゚

So, this is my first proper suggestion post on the forums! Sorry if the format is slightly strange, I’m still figuring out how this works! I absolutely love SG and play it way too much, so I thought I’d share some of my thoughts on how the gamemode could be improved. ♡

• Kits:

Currently, there are 3 different kits for SG: Gladiator (weapon), Chef (sword and weaker weapon), and Warrior (chestplate).

In terms of variety, I think that less is better, as it could otherwise be overwhelming for newer players, however, I would personally love to see some new kits! Perhaps these could be tried out in seasons (like the Eggwars seasons) if they aren’t added permanently. For example, I would love to see an archer kit, or perhaps even a kit based around TNT!

In general, the current kits seem reasonably balanced (although Chef is the weakest kit in my opinion). However, there is definitely a problem when it comes to OP. Compare the Chef and Gladiator kits in OP: Chef consists of an iron sword and 5 steak, whereas Gladiator has only the iron sword. I personally think that Gladiator should be changed to a diamond sword (perhaps even sharpness I) and perhaps the Chef kit could contain a gapple in OP.

• Border:

I have seen many people complain about how glitchy the border can be when you are stuck on the wrong side of it. I felt like I had to mention this though, as it is still a problem.

• Enchanting:

Lapis, bottles of enchanting, and enchanting tables are all found in the game, however enchanting does not work. It would be really nice to have functionality added to these items! ♡

• OP:

I think that bows should be able to have higher levels of power (as they are currently not all that useful in OP). Also, games of OP are currently very defined by whoever has the most gapples, and games are dragged out to be veerrrryyy long, which I think could possibly be prevented by reducing the number of gaps available in OP.

• XP:

When you win a round of Survival games, you currently get 100xp. If you do not win, you get nothing, regardless of how long the game was, or how many kills you got. I think that this is a little bit harsh, and it could be nice to adapt the system to be more similar to that of Bridges, where xp is scaled to reflect playtime and kills, while still rewarding wins.

• Deathmatch:

I think that it would be beneficial to add a method of ending a match so that it can’t just continue forever. This could be by adding a deathmatch which teleports players after a set amount of time (e.g. 10mins for basic and normal and perhaps slightly longer for OP in it’s current state). Alternatively, the border could continue shrinking to 0 after this time. Sometimes it is very possible to reach the end of the game and not be able to fight the other player even if you wanted to (due to bugs such as a player being stuck under the map) and I think adding a deathmatch of sorts would fix this problem.

Thank you all for reading this! I’d love it if you comment and share your opinion!

¿¿SA¿¿

Apr 8, 2022
Hello! ✧・♪゚

So, this is my first proper suggestion post on the forums! Sorry if the format is slightly strange, I’m still figuring out how this works! I absolutely love SG and play it way too much, so I thought I’d share some of my thoughts on how the gamemode could be improved. ♡

• Kits:

Currently, there are 3 different kits for SG: Gladiator (weapon), Chef (sword and weaker weapon), and Warrior (chestplate).

In terms of variety, I think that less is better, as it could otherwise be overwhelming for newer players, however, I would personally love to see some new kits! Perhaps these could be tried out in seasons (like the Eggwars seasons) if they aren’t added permanently. For example, I would love to see an archer kit, or perhaps even a kit based around TNT!

In general, the current kits seem reasonably balanced (although Chef is the weakest kit in my opinion). However, there is definitely a problem when it comes to OP. Compare the Chef and Gladiator kits in OP: Chef consists of an iron sword and 5 steak, whereas Gladiator has only the iron sword. I personally think that Gladiator should be changed to a diamond sword (perhaps even sharpness I) and perhaps the Chef kit could contain a gapple in OP.

• Border:

I have seen many people complain about how glitchy the border can be when you are stuck on the wrong side of it. I felt like I had to mention this though, as it is still a problem.

• Enchanting:

Lapis, bottles of enchanting, and enchanting tables are all found in the game, however enchanting does not work. It would be really nice to have functionality added to these items! ♡

• OP:

I think that bows should be able to have higher levels of power (as they are currently not all that useful in OP). Also, games of OP are currently very defined by whoever has the most gapples, and games are dragged out to be veerrrryyy long, which I think could possibly be prevented by reducing the number of gaps available in OP.

• XP:

When you win a round of Survival games, you currently get 100xp. If you do not win, you get nothing, regardless of how long the game was, or how many kills you got. I think that this is a little bit harsh, and it could be nice to adapt the system to be more similar to that of Bridges, where xp is scaled to reflect playtime and kills, while still rewarding wins.

• Deathmatch:

I think that it would be beneficial to add a method of ending a match so that it can’t just continue forever. This could be by adding a deathmatch which teleports players after a set amount of time (e.g. 10mins for basic and normal and perhaps slightly longer for OP in it’s current state). Alternatively, the border could continue shrinking to 0 after this time. Sometimes it is very possible to reach the end of the game and not be able to fight the other player even if you wanted to (due to bugs such as a player being stuck under the map) and I think adding a deathmatch of sorts would fix this problem.

Thank you all for reading this! I’d love it if you comment and share your opinion!
Nice idea! I love it

• Heart
Reactions: caraMel

SlinkyGnu05604

Forum Expert
Jan 4, 2019
www.youtube.com
I agree with every idea you have for SG!
Its been long overdue when it comes to enchanting tables and anvils, they needed to be fixed, since in SkyWars and SG, it could be a good way to get more stacked especially late game where people have better gear than you.
As for the Gladiator kit in OP, in the game's current state, its worse than the chef kit and I agree with giving Gladiator kit a diamond sword to keep it consistent with the chef kit in other modes.
XP being increased for wins is a good idea. Maybe 150?

Reactions: pekd and caraMel

caraMel

caraMod
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Aug 7, 2022
England
Pronouns
She/Her
I agree with every idea you have for SG!
Its been long overdue when it comes to enchanting tables and anvils, they needed to be fixed, since in SkyWars and SG, it could be a good way to get more stacked especially late game where people have better gear than you.
As for the Gladiator kit in OP, in the game's current state, its worse than the chef kit and I agree with giving Gladiator kit a diamond sword to keep it consistent with the chef kit in other modes.
XP being increased for wins is a good idea. Maybe 150?
Yeahh! I really think enchanting would be such a nice addition to the game!

Yes, from what I've seen, survival games has a lower XP reward per average time spent in the game than most other gamemodes (please correct me as I'm wrong on this), so I think increased XP would also give some players more incentive to play SG. Maybe there could be XP rewarded for kills (perhaps like 3-5 per kill) along with a base reward of the current 100 XP for winning. This would then mean that if a player didn't win, but got 10 kills, they would earn a decent amount of XP.

Thanks so much for the reply btw 🫶

Reactions: SlinkyGnu05604

Cube Nerd

Jun 18, 2021
nah the fundomentals of survival games sucks it will never ever ever ever ever come back
Hello! ✧・♪゚

• Kits:

• Border:

• Enchanting:

• OP:

• XP:

• Deathmatch:

nah the fundomentals of survival games sucks it will continue to die a slow death

legendaryfox977

Dedicated Member
Apr 12, 2022
Dubai
Pronouns
He/Him
Even though survival games is my worst game mode, I still agree with this as it could attract more players to a game mode that has a low player count which could make the game mode more popular.

• Heart

caraMel

caraMod
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Aug 7, 2022
England
Pronouns
She/Her
Even though survival games is my worst game mode, I still agree with this as it could attract more players to a game mode that has a low player count which could make the game mode more popular.
Yes! Exactly! I also really hope that an update to the gamemode would attract some more players :D

small bob 294

Novice Member
May 15, 2021
Pronouns
He/Him
Yeah, I would really like survival games to get some attention so it at least functions like it was meant to. This is definitely a step in the right direction of survival games getting a massive rework.

• Heart

Nightmare

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Dec 24, 2016
Germany, Bavaria
That doesn't change the fact that SG is still a playable gamemode on Cube though ^^ its no secret that SG lost some of its popularity, because it is one of the oldest gamemodes that ever were invented in Minecraft. I think it is still worth it to suggest new content for the gamemode and update it, even when it is one of the less popular ones, as this will improve the player experience and might potentially increase its popularity.

caraMel

caraMod
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Aug 7, 2022
England
Pronouns
She/Her
That doesn't change the fact that SG is still a playable gamemode on Cube though ^^ its no secret that SG lost some of its popularity, because it is one of the oldest gamemodes that ever were invented in Minecraft. I think it is still worth it to suggest new content for the gamemode and update it, even when it is one of the less popular ones, as this will improve the player experience and might potentially increase its popularity.
Yeah! Although SG has lost popularity, it is still a playable gamemode and I, for one, think it still has a lot of potential! I completely agree that an update for SG could help revive it (in terms of popularity) as well as making the gamemode more enjoyable for the players (still quite a few) who already love it.

Cube Nerd

Jun 18, 2021
for the reasons listed in my video SG is a booring game, and while it is fun to play it every once in a while there is a reason no one grinds it like skywars

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
:3🍜
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will like it here!:D
Top Bottom